OOC Cerberus: The Second Head - A Mass Effect Roleplay

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Sid

The fairly crap Pokémon trainer....
    In Greek Mythology Cerberus was the Three-Headed who guards the Gates of the Underworld. What makes the Council think that the Human-Centric Radicalist group isn't the same. The Illusive Man was one head. There are two left. News has got back to the Council about an attempted assassination of Urdnot Wrex. When the assassin attempted to flee, the Krogan chased him down, and picked him up by the neck. Before Wrex could get any information about the assailant, they pulled out a blade, and plunged it into their heart. Wrex says that the assassins last words were "Cerberus will rise again." The Council is getting worried. More and more anti-alien attacks are being carried out.
    They sent an N7 team of 6 to investigate the most recent attack, but they never came back. They were considered the Council's and the Alliance's best operatives, but they have been presumed dead. They were considered their best operatives. Now its time for them to make a better team. Taken from all across the Galaxy, this is the best chance to stop Cerberus. They call it simple investigation, but the world of these operatives is about to turn on their heads.
    "You have been ordered to head to the Citadel immediately. The Council want to see you. Declining is not an option" Council Datapad to the chosen operatives.

Set 28 years after Mass Effect 3 you are one of the 6 operatives (excluding me) tasked to the Alliance Frigate; SSV Palaven. The Council has asked you to find out about Cerberus, they expect you to stop them.

What Happened in Mass Effect 3:
    -> Destroy Option,
    -> Commander John Shepard survived
    -> Mass Relays have been only damaged (fixed by the time of this thread)
    -> Only team mate to die was Kaiden Alenko in the first game
    -> All A.I's have been rebuilt
    Rules
    ->No godmodding
    ->Base Characters off multiplayer characters if possible
    -> Cursing is allowed just not in large quantities

Characters:
    Captain Victor Blonsky - Sid
    Kari'Vaera vas Palaven - EpicVakarian

------------------------------------------------------------
    Dossier
    Name: Nikolai Blonsky
    Alias('): Agent R7
    Race: Human
    Nationality: Born Russian raised in Britain
    Class: Infiltrator
    Weapon(s) of Choice: Katana with possibility of superheating the sharp edge of the blade, Hand Blaster on armour of Right Hand, Modified Kassa Locust (all ME3 mods except scope, but rarely in use)
    Dislikes: Idiots, People who don't follow orders, Cerberus, Vorcha, Collectors and getting shot at.
    Powers: Tactical Cloak, Omni-Tool Hacking, Cybernetics enhance physical capabilities (run speed, jump height, reflexes etc.)
    Armour: Modified Cerberus Phantom Armour (Helmetless) (has no left gauntlet showing Cybernetic hand, has larger pauldron on right shoulder than on left, is coloured in colour scheme which fits with canon Shepard, red lights but no pattern down right arm). On the back there is a a bit of fabric which can be pulled up and over his head as a hood. In the event of being in an environment without oxygen, he wears a backless Zaeed Massani-esque breather mask with the hood up.
    Casual Outfit: He wears Alliance Military Formal wear.
    Appearance: He stands at about 6'6" and has a relatively well muscled body. He has grey-blue eyes with long brown hair that when not in combat he keeps it pulled back neatly. He has a short beard which he regularly shaves. For the rest see Emil Blonsky in "The Incredible Hulk" (2008)
    Personality: Many soldiers who have served under him have called him cold and calculating in battle. He has a brilliant tactical mind, which has helped him to win many battles. However, he on deck his crew get along with their Captain well, with him joining in their activities, like celebrating or playing Skillian 5 poker. He has picked up a British accent (not unsimilar to Emil Blonsky in the Incredible Hulk (2008) film). He now also has a higher metabolism due to his implants than all other humans meaning he can't get drunk, and can handle drinks such as Ryncol easily.
    Relatives: Birth Parents presumed dead, adopted family alive and living in London. No other known Blood Relatives. No wife or children.
    History: Born in the slums just outside of Saint Petersburg, Blonsky was raised by an old woman in the slums. At the age of 5 an English Couple, unable to have children found the woman dying in her shack, the 5 year old by her side. They offered to take the child. The original purpose for the trip is yet to be determined. He was raised for the rest of his life in the city of London, around Dulwich area. He joined the Alliance Navy at the age of 18 and quickly moved up the ranks. At the age of 20 he was a Captain and was stationed on the Citadel. That’s when the coup happened and Cerberus attacked. He was on shore leave, his ship being repaired. He was helping civilians get to safety. A grenade was thrown by an Assault Trooper and it landed just in front of him. He was too slow, and got caught by the blast and shrapnel badly. It ripped his left hand off, and crippled his legs. However his vital organs were still intact. The Alliance took his body, alive but in a lot of pain, and put him into a coma. They replaced the damaged parts of his body with Cybernetics, and was made to take on the Cerberus assassins Kai Leng. However he was finished being remade after the Reaper Crisis and Kai Leng’s death at the hand of Shepard. He never had a need to be activated. Until now.

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    Nice idea! I'll possibly get a card up tomorrow, but I'll have to create an entirely new character so don't expect it particularly quickly :p

EpicVakarian

Um, before I get involved, a few questions;
    • Is the SSV Palaven like the Normandy, in that it's overly advanced?
    • I assume Cerberus is angry about Shepard managing to defeat the Reapers without controlling them?
    • Can we have N7 characters?
    • Will there be cross-overs with existing ME characters, like Shepard, Garrus, Tali?
    • How much DLC is included in the backstory? Zaeed, Kasumi, Javik, Omega, etc?
    • How prominent are the Drell? They were quite sparse in 3, have they grown, or are they still quite rare?

Sid

Yes (it'll be a frigate class ship, so the layout is like the SR2 Normandy in ME3), yes, yes (forgot to mention that, characters can be N7), Yes, all DLC will have been done, and they're more prominent and since the war many have spread out

Sid

Anyone else want to join? I really want to do this thread

Wolfbane

Why change the past when you can own this day?
    ME!! CAN I JOIN??

EpicVakarian

Sorry for taking so long to respond, Sid. I'll attempt to get a CC up soon, but my internet speed is way the fluff down, so I'm struggling even to write this, so no promises. I'll get it up soon, though :)

EpicVakarian

Hey Sid, I'm thinking of a quarian character, but just a query; would the quarians still say keelah se'lai by tradition, or would they change it after they repopulate Rannoch in ME3? Assuming that both quarians and geth survived, of course. Incidentally, who died in the backstory of this apart from Kaidan?

EpicVakarian

Okay then! Well, my internet is fixed now, so I'll try to start working on a CC for my quarian :p
    Also, I'm just interested; what were your preferred romance options throughout? For my full, complete, 100% playthrough that I consider as canon, I chose Ashley for ME1 and Tali for ME2/3. Tali <3

Sid

Yeah, vak to answer your questions both quarian and geth survive, and yes they would, you do not easily remove culture in 28ish years. And yes wolfbane as you can see we're not swarming with people wanting to join

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

EpicVakarian

BASIC
    NAME Kari'Vaera vas Palaven
    ALIAS "The Silent Dragon"
    RACE Quarian
    AGE 23
    GENDER Female
    BIRTHPLACE Rannoch
    HEIGHT 5'5"
    WEIGHT 7st, 7lbs
    BMI 17.5 by human calculations
    LATERALITY Left-handed
    SEXUALITY Heterosexual
    HEALTH Healthy but as a quarian, susceptible to infection
    AFFILIATIONS Crew of SSV Palaven, the Migrant Fleet/Rannoch
    AFFLICTIONS The typical quarian weakness of being easily infected and damaged. Being born after the repopulation of Rannoch, she is more tolerant of foreign microbes than older quarians.
    RELIGION Superstitious, but not religious
    APPEARANCE
    (Obviously, as a quarian, Kari'Vaera's face isn't shown to anyone but those she trusts most. As such, I can't really post anything about her appearance, but if anyone ends up having a romance with her, Garrus-Tali style, then I'll be glad to introduce one :))
    PERSONALITY
    POSITIVE TRAITS Loyal, able, hard-working, devoted and selfless
    NEGATIVE TRAITS Quite indecisive, fairly naive (much like Tali of ME1)
    LIKES Having meaningful conversations with people
    DISLIKES Having to kill
    FEARS Her suit being ruptured and getting infected
    ASPIRATIONS To help out on the SSV Palaven in any way she can
    QUIRKS Very shy and quiet, but can get quite rowdy when among her friends, especially when drunk. Has a distinct accent; not quite as noticeable as Tali's, but definitely noticeable
    ALIGNMENT Lawful good
    SKILLS
    MASTER Engineering, small weapons (eg SMGs, pistols)
    EXPERT Hacking, healing, mid-size weapons (eg assault rifles, shotguns)
    RELATIONS
    GETH [LIKES] - She feels the geth were treated wrongly by her ancestors and feels a duty to be kind and friendly towards them.
    QUARIAN ADMIRALS [ALLIED] - She works alongside the Admirals as an ambassador to the Systems Alliance while continuing her role aboard the Palaven, though mistrusts them; especially Daro'Xen for her mistreatment of the geth.
    SYSTEMS ALLIANCE [LIKES] - Having been aboard a human ship since her Pilgrimage, she is accustomed to human traditions and human life. She is fascinated by the culture, and particularly enjoys learning about Earth's history. Her favourite section of human culture is their 20th century history; the sudden advancement of humanity from cavalry charges to moon landings in less than 70 years amazes her immensely.
    CERBERUS [HATES] - Having been raised in the time just after the end of the Reaper War, she learnt of Shepard's quarrels with Cerberus and has learnt how Cerberus betrayed humanity by sending the Citadel to Earth, where the Reapers took their last stand and Admiral David Anderson perished beside Shepard after finally killing the Illusive Man, whose identity is still not known. She has been raised to hate Cerberus, and was happy to take up arms against them.
    GEAR
    ARMOUR A bodysuit that keeps infection from reaching her. It fits her form quite snugly, revealing her small breasts and flared hips, and helped earned her nickname. Her mask is curved and streamlined, and her newer model of suit allows her to open a small port to allow microbes in. This is as a makeshift medication to the quarians' poor immune system; if they let their bodies grow accustomed to infection, their immune system will evolve to combat it and eventually, quarians will be able to walk free, outside of their suits.
    WEAPONS A selection of firearms: an M9 Tempest SMG; an Arc pistol; and a geth plasma shotgun.
    HISTORY
    CHILDHOOD Kari'Vaera was born five years after the end of the Reaper War. She lived in a city that was now the world capital; it had been the first place settled by both quarians and geth after Shepard killed the Reaper and Legion brokered an alliance between the two species. As such, she had a happy life; her parents were high-ranking officials in the government and were well-paid. She lived the basic quarian child's life; growing, learning, getting a bigger suit, growing, learning, and repeating the whole lot over. It was a good life.
    TEENAGE YEARS Kari's life suddenly got worse once she was thirteen; most of the female section of her classmates had begun puberty and had grown quickly; yet she stayed small and childlike. As a result, the girls often bullied her and she was forced to settle herself among some of the kinder, less popular girls.
    She suddenly grew at the age of fifteen; she and all her friends were immediately popular. They became the most shapely and most beautiful of the class. This earned Kari her nickname; she was quiet, yet beautiful, with a hell of a temper. They still rejected the other girls; they still remembered the bullying.
    Once Kari and her friends left school, they turned to the military. They were inspired by Tali'Zorah, the quarian who had played such a pivotal role in the Reaper War, and joined the navy. They went through basic training, and were assigned to ships for their Pilgrimages.
    ADULTHOOD When Kari returned from her Pilgrimage, the military recognised her extreme capability. They noticed her fascination in human culture, and decided to assign her to the new Alliance craft, the SSV Palaven, as both a crew member and as an ambassador to humanity. She accepted the great responsibility, and immediately was shipped off to meet her crewmates.
    She got on well with each of them, though never spoke much, and when she did, it was quietly. She has found her home aboard the Palaven, especially in its depths; she loves tinkering with the systems and increasing the capability of the ship, even as her idol did with the revered Normandy. She has now been a member of the Palaven's crew for over six months, and truly believes she has found her life; her real, true life that she wanted to keep for the rest of her life.

EpicVakarian

Well, I think we should only have one of each race, maybe two at most. The majority should be human.

Sid

Vak epic cc! So we can model some of the SSV Palaven story off your back story. Was made to support Turian-Human Relations after the War. My guy is just going to wake up at the beginning so he's got to start relationships from scratch Etc. Wolfbane that's great you're interested in joining

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

Sid

Sorry, was in Pompeii and couldn't bump it. Wolfsbane could we get a CC up? Also The Phantom said that he would post... Ahem *SHOUTS* OBVIOUS CLEARING OF THROAT

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts