Quest Can't find the hunters on 'Ill Met By Moonlight'

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

CognitiveCog

Puppetmaster
I decided to help Sinding for this quest. He ran away and the quest log says "Kill The Hunters" but none ever showed up as far as I know, and I must have just walked away not realizing the quest wasn't over. Now I'm stuck with this cursed ring and an open quest, and I don't know where to find the hunters nor Sinding. The "Show On Map" button does nothing. Help please?

Stone

Retired Moderator
Seems like a glitch that you can't really fix.

Got any auto-saves before you entered the cave or anything?

CognitiveCog

Puppetmaster
Cave? I was supposed to enter a cave? Maybe that's what I was missing... If I remember correctly I met him at random in the wilderness. and no... I have hours of gameplay since I got this quest :/ I don't even remember where I was when I got the quest so I can't go back and run around trying to find the hunters.

Stone

Retired Moderator
Cave? I was supposed to enter a cave? Maybe that's what I was missing... If I remember correctly I met him at random in the wilderness. and no... I have hours of gameplay since I got this quest :/ I don't even remember where I was when I got the quest so I can't go back and run around trying to find the hunters.
Yeah, If my memory is correct I'm pretty sure you enter like a cave, and then he talks to you on top of a mountain where you can either kill him or the hunters.

CognitiveCog

Puppetmaster
Any idea where the cave is? Or does anyone know where the hunters might go or do if you leave them to their own devices? Or anyone have a save they can check for me with? Plzzzzz? :) I've got to get rid of this ring. Luckily I haven't turned into a werewolf yet... Not a good look for a pure mage...

CognitiveCog

Puppetmaster
Havent tried this yet but here is some info I found if anyone else is having the same problem:
I got the same bug as you, and just worked it out!

So apparently, there's a bug...

Like me, after speaking to the slaughtered hunters, you left that "cave" and saw a quest marker to some random place on the map. There, you found sinding in werewolf form walking. You have a short convo with him, and decide to help him kill the hunters. Then, he just stays there, and keeps saying "Didn't expect to see you again.".

At this point, i thought the hunters would just show up or soemthing, and then we'd kill them together. Nope, he just stays there...

So what I did, is i went back to the cave where the dead hunters were. He actually appeared right behind me as soon as i entered the cave and was a following member of my party. We roamed through the cave (up these sort-of-hidden steps) and eventually killed a few waves of attackers. After killing the last hunter together, the quest is complete.

I think the quest was supposed to make Sinding disappear after talking to him on the world map, and then the quest marker should have moved back to the cave. Unfortunately, it didn't, and you need to figure out to go back to that cave yourself.

If you decide NOT to help sinding, he will start running away from you on the world map, and you have to chase him down and kill him.

CognitiveCog

Puppetmaster
Whelp, I went and killed the hunters in Bloated Man's Grotto and got the quest objective: Speak to Sindig. I went to the map marker, which is the jail, and there he is... Behind bars. Too far away to talk to, too far away to skin, and he still occasionally looks over and says "never thought is see you again".

Help? Is there a way to get past the jail bars? A secret way into that room? A way to get him out?

CognitiveCog

Puppetmaster
Got close enough to talk to him.... It said quest complete... Still cant take the ring off >.<

CognitiveCog

Puppetmaster
FIXED used Unrelenting Force on him and when I left the jail he was outside. Killed him, got the armor. Finally got the friggin ring off

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts