• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Khaotic3

Insanity at its Finest
    "Article 1: It is unlawful for Nords to be outside of their homes after sunset.
    Article 2: Nords may not own an establishment where alcoholic drinks are sold, and alcoholic drinks may not be sold to Nords after 9:30 p.m. nor before 5 p.m.
    Article 3: Nords may not employ Altmer to work in their home.
    Article 4: Marriages are void when one party is Altmer and another is at least one-eighth Nord.
    Punishments for these laws will be carried out however the lawful authority deems fit."

Well damn Amy thought as the Thalmor representative finished reading the new passed laws. First they took away Talos, now they couldn't drink? These elves were purposefully trying to piss people off. Not that either of those things especially bothered her, but the curfew thing was definitely going to be a problem. For example, how was she supposed to travel to The Reach, track down an escaped convict, take care of him and return to Jorrvaskr all in one day? She wasn't even going to bother.

It was around 9 a.m., and the skies were pretty clear. Amy had to squint when she looked up. people began to clear out from around the Gildergreen. Amy leaned over to whisper to Aela. "Does Kodlak need help getting back inside? Or...?" Kodlak Whitemane, the Harbinger of the Companions, had been sick for several days now, with no signs of him getting any better. He had been weakening for several years, but now it was really getting bad. Skjor had helped him out of Jorrvaskr, but Amy wasn't sure if he wanted to help him back in.

"I don't think Kodlak will accept help from anyone from Skjor or Tilma, and Tilma's too weak to carry him." Aela replied. "You can help by just doing whatever he says."

Once all of the Companions had returned to Jorrvaskr, Torvar wasted no time before starting complaining. "Whaddya mean I can't drink?! I've got septims, what more do they want?! I ain't done nothin' to them, why do they even care?!"
    "Maybe it won't be as bad as you think, Torvar. I mean you'll have more time for real fighting, now that you can only be in there for so long." Amy said.
    "Says the girl with the skooma problem," he muttered, half to himself.
    "I do not!" Amy exclaimed back.
    "Quiet!" Skjor scolded them as he came up the steps from the living quarters. "I don't like anything about these elves either, but unless you want to end up like Vignar and Brill, you will shut up about it. And that goes for all of you." Skjor met eyes with everyone as he spoke.
    "Maybe it wouldn't be so bad," Vilkas muttered angrily.

Amy decided sulking around Jorrvaskr was only going to get her in to trouble, so it was best to just get out for a while. "Farkas, did you ever take care of that muscle job in Windhelm? I feel like getting out of here."
    "No, I didn't. You're welcome to it."
    "Perhaps you'd like to take our new recruit with you?" Skjor suggested, but not in a way that seemed like it was a choice. Annoyed, Amy looked to the young Khajiit. "You've got five minutes."

Khaose was surprised at how blunt Amy had been with the Thalmor guards as they left Whiterun. She knew she shouldn't have been, as Amy had never been one to show fear, but tempt the Thalmor? Never a good idea. How does someone like that get promoted to the Circle? But Khaose was not going to question it right now.

The sun was setting as Amy and Khaose entered Windhelm. At least Khaose was assuming the sun was setting. It was hard to tell through the gray clouds. "This is a warning for you to get home. If your home is not here, I strongly suggest you make your way to the inn." The Thalmor agent at the door said as they entered.

"Guess our job will have to wait 'til tomorrow." Khaose said to Amy. Her reply was and annoyed "hmph."

The two entered the inn and sat down at the bar. Khaose ordered some ale and rabbit legs, but Amy got nothing. "Surely you are hungry! I know you can't drink, but don't you want food?"

"Just leave me alone." Amy replied quietly resting her face in her hands. Khaose was right, Amy was hungry, but cooked food didn't sound all that great. She felt the beast within her begging to be let out, and after being angry all day, she was tired. The only problem was she hated sleep. And with Khaose with her, Amy couldn't go hunting. She would just have to hold out until morning, when she could find that fight she had come for.

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    Verthyn slammed open the double-barred doors to the inn, letting the snowstorm fill the building with its cold dead touch. He, however, remained untouched by the cruel mistress that was Winter, his fur pelts cloaked his large body from the cold, surrounding him in warmth.

Verthyn stepped inside, and shut the doors behind him, he was met by a Thalmor soldier, arrogantly staring at Verthyn, Verthyn did not bother with the Altmer, he never had.
    "Dunmer, the curfew is enacted soon, if you don't-"
    "Last time I read those damnable laws of yours, only Nords can't drink, correct?" Verthyn rose himself fully to the Altmer, who was a bit taller still, mainly because of his elven armor, Verthyn was just in furs and a robe. He looked down at his body, pretending to inspect it. "And unless the Thalmor decided blinds are worthy soldiers now, I suppose you'd see I am not a Nord?" He said, mockingly. What was they going to do anyway? The Gray Quarter was the safest place to be right now, even if the Thalmor wished Verthyn dead, no Dunmer would ever sell a fellow Dunmer out, to neither Altmer, Nord nor Argonian.

The Thalmor sighed, placed a hand on his sword, a threatening action by all means, but Verthyn called his bluff.
    "Dunmer, by order of acting Thalmor government, I command you to return to your home this instant!"
    "Morrowind is a far way, Thalmor, I sleep at the inn, not the Gray Quarter." This was a lie, and the Thalmor probably knew it, Verthyn was quite certain he had been stopped by this guard before as well.

"STOP HIM!" the barmaid shouted, pointing at a cloaked figure, rushing past Verthyn and the Thalmor, out into the storm, a heavy purse of gold clutched tightly in his grasp.
    The Thalmor looked at Verthyn one last time, disgust in his eyes, before he too, bolted out into the winter.

Verthyn chuckled, mumbled a low prayer to the Tribunal, and walked further into the inn. He pushed through the groups of people, until he reached the bar, where he lowered himself upon one of the wooden stools, and studied the surroundings.
    Even with the curfew soon initiated, the inn was crowded, groups of fellow Dunmers sat together on the other side of the room, they waved cheerfully as they spotted Verthyn, he smiled back thinly, after the New Gnisis Cornerclub had been sacked by some young Nords last week, the inn was starting to fill more and more with Dunmer, which was seen now more than ever, with the law against Nords drinking alcoholics. As an obvious effect, there was not many Nords in the inn, and most who where seemed prepared to leave, with the curfew activated so shortly, most except the young woman seated next to her, and the khajiit besides her.
    The Nord was lost in thought it seemed, and the Khajiit was focused upon the meal and ale in front of it.
    Both were clad in sets of armor, something which caught his attention.
    He raised a finger at the barmaid. "Sujamma." He ordered, in response, the woman only looked at him in confusion. He groaned, Nords of Windhelm were uncultural S'wits*.
    "Honningbrew mead then." At this, the barmaid scurried off instantly, to collect the desired mead.

He picked a few Septims out of a pocket and placed them upon the counter in front of him, he let one Septim slide over his fingers a couple of times.

(OOC: *S'wit means "Idiot" in Dunmer language)

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    "It is unlawful for Nords to be outside of their homes after sunset." Rogga Thorsson and his brother Jace read the new laws the Thalmor had hung up around the city of Windhelm. "Well, we don't have a home, what are they going to do about that?" Jace asked with a sly smile. "Well, I'm sure they'll let us stay at the inn, and thats where we usually are after sunset." Rogga laughed and looked over at his younger brother. They both kept on reading the laws. "That second one annoys me... Without the alcohol, our victims are more aware." Jace sighed and turned away from the poster. He looked up to sky, noticing the sun had allready begun to set. "Rogga, we better get inside before they decide to jail us." He said and pointed at the Candlehearth Hall. Rogga nodded and they started to walk towards it.

They entered the inn, wich was full of Nords obviously angry with the new Altmeri barmaid not letting them buy any sort of alcoholic drinks. "I do not make the laws. Go yell at the Thalmor! See if that has any effect." She explained, trying to get rid of the angry men and women standing around the bar. The Thorsson brothers looked at each other and smiled. "You know the drill." Rogga said as silent as he could. "Look for valuables, mesure the target, and then..." "Improvise" Jace interrupted, and gave Rogga a pat on the shoulder before walking into the crowd of people.

Jace walked over to the bar, stopping next to a young woman. "Hi there." He said and gave her a smile. The woman looked back at him and smiled. She didn't look a day older than 17, and had long blond hair. "Hi." She said and extended her arm for Jace to shake. "Lyria." Jace took her arm and gave her hand a gentle kiss. "Jace Thorsson" He said, quickly removing her ring as he let her hand go. He turned around to see Rogga watching him from the other end of the inn. "Sorry, but my brother wants a word with me. I will come back for you later, Lyria." He said and gave her a kiss on the cheek, before returing to Rogga.

"Pretty good, Jace. But next time, try to be less flirty with the 'prey'" Rogga commented as Jace handed him the ring he had snatched. "I've seen a few more you can try. We got an old man half asleep, some arrogant noble, a few guards and an Argonian reading a book. Yours to pick, borther." He pointed at quite a few people in the tavern, but before Jace got to decide any of them, the doors opened, and a Nordern woman followed by a Khajiit entered. Something about the Nord took their attention, but they couldn't find out what it was. Maybe it was the circlet or maybe the ring on her finger. "Her." Jace whispered and walked towards the woman.

Rogga stood by and watched as his brother 'accidentaly' bumped into the Nord woman, who was now sitting at a table, to trigger a conversation. This won't end well... He thought to himself and took a slight grip around his sword. "I'm so sorry." Jace said and extended his arm to the woman. She grabbed it, but she didn't seem to like it. As she took his arm Jace said: "The name is Jace." He then slowly tried to remove the ring on her finger.

Khaotic3

Insanity at its Finest
    "I'm so sorry." The man extended his arm. Amy reluctantly shook it; she knew he was up to no good. He smelled like Riften, and something about him just seemed...sly.

"The name is Jace," he said politely, and Amy felt him messing with her ring. As he tried to pull his hand away to steal it, she grabbed his hand with a grip of steel. She heard a sword being unsheathed by another man.

"Don't bother," she said. "He was just giving it back quietly, weren't you?" Her voice had a bit of threatening tone. "I doubt a steel ring is worth much anyway," Amy told Jace as she took back her ring.

Khaose had stopped mid-chew to watch how Amy handled these thieves. She had been expecting more violence, but it appeared Amy was going to let "Jace" go. But her next words surprised her even more.

"Why don't you and your friend join us? This one's too busy stuffing her face for a conversation," Amy offered, gesturing towards Khaose.

I'm too busy?! You just told me to leave you alone! Khaose wanted to say. But of course, her mouth was full so she was only able to grunt in disapproval. Khaose had only been nice to Amy, and yet Amy was more willing to talk with the men who had tried to rob her. Amy pulled up a couple of seats for the shady men. She can probably relate to them more Khaose realized. She now recalled Njada saying something about Amy being a thief herself.

"I think I'll go get us a room," Khaose told Amy rather grumpily as her new companions sat down. As she left to find the innkeeper she heard Amy say something about her, but she decided to let it go.

"Don't mind the cat. Guess she doesn't take kindly to people who prefer stealth over might. Anyway, what brings you two to Windhelm? I get the impression you're not from around here."

tdatapina

Hero of Time
    "Article 1: It is unlawful for Nords to be outside of their homes after sunset.
    Article 2: Nords may not own an establishment where alcoholic drinks are sold, and alcoholic drinks may not be sold to Nords after 9:30 p.m. nor before 5 p.m.
    Article 3: Nords may not employ Altmer to work in their home.
    Article 4: Marriages are void when one party is Altmer and another is at least one-eighth Nord.
    Punishments for these laws will be carried out however the lawful authority deems fit." Varian scoffed as he finished reading the laws. "Damn Thalmor, first home, now Skyrim?" He looked at his palms and smiled. Concentrated briefly, he felt the warmth surging through his arm as the fireball formed in his hand. He pulled his clenched fist back, threw foward and released, sending the fireball hurdling toward the articles. The parchment fell to the floor and turned to black ash quickly.

"Hey! You! What do you think you're doing?!" A Thalmor dressed in black ran up to Varian. "Oh, just cleaning up the disaster you have set upon this hold." Without waiting another moment he formed another fireball and hurled it at the Thalmor's face. He screamed in pain and Varian kicked him to the ground. "Hey! Get him!" Two more Thalmor ran up to him but they weren't fast enough. Varian swiftly side stepped, causing them to run into a pool of water. He grinned and sent a lightning bolt into the water. The two shook violently for a moment before leaning face down into the water.

To the right a Nord looked up at Varian and smiled. It wasn't often that he received praise for killing the Thalmor, but when he did, he enjoyed it - even if his motives were different from the Nords of Skyrim. Varian killed Thalmor because he hated them, but not for what they're doing to Skyrim, but for taking over Summerset Isles when he was young. Both his parents had been killed in the battle and his wife was badly injured. He promised her he'd come to Skyrim and wipe out any Thalmor he saw, and given current events, it wasn't too difficult to find them.

Satisfied with his day of work, he walked toward the entrance to Windhelm and entered Candlehearth Hall. A Thalmor soldier looked him up and down, a disgusted look on his face. Most of the guards new of Varian and what he had done, but they had been given orders not to attack him. Why? Simply because Varian would be a very useful Thalmor soldier, and if he could be captured and persuaded (whether that be with gold, torture, or magic) to fight for them they'd have a powerful ally. This didn't stop most of the Thalmor from hating him, however.

He walked to the bar tender and looked at the available seats. Only one wasn't taken, and that was by a Khajiit. He decided against sitting there and ordered a bottle of Alto Wine and some Venison. He'd been living in Skyrim for quite some time now and was aware of the fact that most didn't know where to get good wine. He took his plate to the fire pit in the middle and sat, filling his stomach.

"Sujamma." A Dark Elf sitting at the bar tried to order. Of course nothing from Morrowind could make its way here. The man had to settle for Honningbrew Mead. "You aren't going to get anything from so far away anywhere here in Skyrim, Dark Elf."

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    "He was just giving it back quietly, weren't you?" The woman Jace tried to rob talked to him with a somewhat threatening tone. Jace proceeded to let her ring go, and smiled widely. "Of cource." He gave her a short bow before looking over at his brother who stood behind the girl with his sword unsheated. "Why don't you and your friend join us? This one's too busy stuffing her face for a conversation," Jace and Rogga laughed in agreement before taking a seat next to the Nord and Khajiit.

"Pardon my brother. He is a bit protecting." Jace said as he sat down and laid his feet on the table. Rogga gave him a smile. "But without me you would probaby lay dead somewhere." He joked before turning to the woman. "Don't mind the cat. Guess she doesn't take kindly to people who prefer stealth over might. Anyway, what brings you two to Windhelm? I get the impression you're not from around here." The Thorssons looked at each other before Rogga answered. "That is a good question..." He gestured for her to tell him her name. "Amy." "Amy... You see, we are just traveling around, doing business. Nothing to interesting, to be honest." He got a faint smile from his broher.

Jace looked down at Amys ring again. She had said something about it not being valuable, that it was just a steel ring. But something about had an unusual look. "Your ring..." He started, and nodded down at her finger. "Is that skyforge steel?" He looked back up at her face, giving her a somehow gentle, but yet asking expression. "I don't think that is important, Jace." Rogga commented before clearing his throat. "I'm sorry, but I haven't introduced myself properly. My name is Rogga Thorsson, and this is my younger brother Jace Thorsson." He pointed over at Jace who gave her a nod, still looking at her with the same asking expression.

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    "You aren't going to get anything from so far away anywhere here in Skyrim, Dark Elf." The Altmer said loud. Verthyn looked to him, he was not dressed as Thalmor, but Verthyn knew better than that.

"With all due respect, if you Altmers can travel all from Summerset Isle through a continent despising you, I took for granted Sujamma from my people could be shipped the small distance in comparison."
    He focused his gaze down his bottle of mead, and drank long from it.

A young man confronted the woman seated besides him, he smelled of crook, and as Vethyn spotted his attempt of stealing the womans' ring, he grunted amusingly, but did not speak of it.

"Why don't you and your friend join us? This one's too busy stuffing her face for a conversation,"
    The khajiit left their company at this remark, and the boy sat down, as his accomplice came to join them as well. The woman woke his curiousity, so he stayed, silently ordered another bottle of mead, gesturing with his hands, and listened to the growing group beside him.

Khaotic3

Insanity at its Finest
    The two brothers looked at each other before the one who Amy wasn't sure of his name answered. "That is a good question..." He gestured for her to tell him her name. "Amy." "Amy... You see, we are just traveling around, doing business. Nothing to interesting, to be honest." He got a faint smile from his brother. They're here to make money. To steal money. To sell stolen goods. Amy knew the routine.
    The younger of the two began to study her ring.
    "Your ring..." He started, and nodded down at her finger. "Is that skyforge steel?" He looked back up at her face, giving her a somehow gentle, but yet asking expression. Amy noticed his eyes were a bright golden color, and they almost seemed to glow. It reminded her of a werewolf's eyes, but she could smell that this man did not have beast blood.
    "I don't think that is important, Jace." The other man commented before clearing his throat. "I'm sorry, but I haven't introduced myself properly. My name is Rogga Thorsson, and this is my younger brother Jace Thorsson." He pointed over at Jace who gave her a nod, still looking at her with the same asking expression.
    "It's alright, Rogga. And yes it is, Jace. I had it specially made so it would hurt when i punch people in the face. Not that it wouldn't anyway, but a bit of special steel will always help," Amy smiled casually. "When you get paid to get into fights, you learn that armored fists work best."

After paying for the room, Khaose was wary about returning to the main area. She didn't especially care for thieves, and she didn't particularly care for Amy either. Amy was a troublemaker. Maybe not intentionally, but making friends with thieves? Another bad idea, in Khaose's eyes. Opening another bottle of ale, she decided to lay down on the bed and relax for a while.

tdatapina

Hero of Time
    The Dark Elf only looked at Varian for a moment before turning his head away and responding. "With all respect, if you Altmers can travel all from Summerset Isles through a continent despising you, I took for granted Sujamma from my people could be shipped the small distance in comparison." Varian wasn't entirely sure what the elf had been trying to say so he decided to ignore most of it. "Trust me Dark Elf. I've lived in Skyrim a while now and very rarely have they shipped Sujamma from Morrowind."

Varuan cut another piece of venison and took a bite. The meat was cooked to perfection; juicy and just the right amount of blood. He washed down the venison with his wine and the plate aside, staring into the fire in front of him. It crackled quietly and sent small glowing embers into the air. The warmth spread across the entire room. He looked around the room. Many people were speaking idly to one another and some were simple sitting alone, enjoying their meal or whatever tune the bard was playing. It was quite peaceful. Hell, if the Thalmor weren't such a problem he'd probably be enjoying his stay a bit more.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    "Emily, I'm sorry." Delsin says to his dear friend Sofie. "What?" She questions. "Oh uhm, Nix." He corrects himself. Her mouth opens with a sarcastic shocked expression, she brings her left hand to rest on her chest momentarily. "You forgot my name!"

"No I didn't."

"Yeah, you did."

"It's time to stop."

The two went at it for a while, mucking about like children until finally Sofie told them it was time to move. They were camping in the cold, and Delsin had awoke in a panic due to nightmares and Sofie had comforted him and stayed up.

Less than 3 hours later they were in Windhelm, it appeared they were closer than they thought. When they arrived they decided they'd head for the tavern, with the new laws in place Delsin would could be in serious trouble should he disobey.

"So how do you think we'll cope?" Sofie asks him, as they walk side by side.

"I don't know Nix, but it won't last long."

"What do you mean?"

"Someone is going to stop this, free Skyrim. It was done before, it'll happen again."

Sofie stop him by putting her arm out over his chest, then she gets in front of him. "Skyrim wasn't freed, look where we are without the Empire."

"I didn't mean-"

"Then what did you mean!?"

She was visibly agitated, with Delsin trying to cool her off. "Someone put their sassy pants on this morning." Nix smiled a little, then the two continued toward the inn. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, asides the nords being unable to drink and the new barmaid.

As the two approached the bar a Nordic woman got between the two, "I'm going to borrow this for a moment." She said to Sofie as she led Delsin away, Sofie smiled politely and waited at the bar.

"If you can't control your beast then I will." She says to him rather seriously, Delsin raises an eyebrow. "Is that a threat?" he asks the wolf. "It's a promise." She says before walking away. Delsin watches her walk away with curiosity, before returning to Sofie. "What was that about?" She asks him. "Crazy ex." He says under his breath. She doesn't respond.

Sofie ordered a small meal while Delsin hung about at the bar, obviously not being able to order alcohol. Sofie finished up her meal, eating it at the bar beside Delsin when two thalmor soldiers walked in. Delsin gave Sofie a slight nudge, "The big eared twins have walked in." he whispered.

Sofie couldn't help but chuckle, having to put her hand over her mouth to keep her food in. It appeared as though one of them had noticed this, because he walked over with the other walking about the room looking down on and eyeing everyone else. "Would you like to inform me of what you find funny?" The soldier asked Sofie.

"Really, elf?" Delsin asked, "We're not allowed to laugh without being harassed?" Sofie gave Delsin a slight nudge, "Just leave it." she pleaded with a whisper.

"You should listen to the girl lest you get punished."

Delsin made the motion of claws with his hands. "Ooh, scary!" he said in a loud whisper.

The soldier was unimpressed, "You're coming with me." He attempted to arrest Delsin, reaching his hands out to grab Delsins wrists. Delsin used his forehead to bash it into the elf's head, sending the elf stumbling back nearly falling over. Delsin leaned back after the collision whilst charging up a fireball, then as he leant forward sent it into the elfs face.

Delsin was not gifted in the arcane arts, when it came to magic he was a one trick pony. The soldier Delsin had attacked fell flat on the ground dead. The other one however had rushed forward drawing his sword and ran over grabbing Sofie, who struggled with an arm around her.

The Soldier held the sword out pointing at Delsin, while Delsin had drawn a steel sword and done the same. "Make a move, Filth." The elf spat. Delsin shrugged. He leant forward and outstretched his arm further to stab the blade through the face of the thalmor, as the grip went limp Sofie moved out of the way as the body fell to the floor.

By now everyone in the inn had stood up to either get out of the way or stand back and watch, Sofie looked around before turning to hug Delsin. His face relaxed, and he dropped the blade to hug her back. A few moments passed. "Nix..." Delsin whispered, looking down over her shoulder, he was taller so the right side of his face was mostly touching her hair. "People are watching me and I don't know what to do."

He looked around at the surrounding crowd, a few drunkards cheered but most people looked afraid. As the hug broke they began to walk toward the door, Delsin turned his head toward the other werewolf. She was clapping slowly, and her face had 'you're an idiot' stamped all over it. Delsin pulled a smug smirk.

After the exited the tavern they stopped, Sofie pulled him toward the wall. "You're an idiot!" She whispered it, but it felt like a yell. "I won't be oppressed." He said, her hands on his shoulders leaning her weight on him. She stood up straight. "You're an idiot but..." she said gently, until she heard the tavern door open. She turned her head toward the nord woman Delsin had called his crazy ex. "See? Perfectly under control." Delsin said to her as she approached the pair.

Delsin couldn't help but feel his beast stir up as another werewolf approached, he hasn't been around another like him in so long. The last time he was, he killed it, it was his sister. The actual and final last time they were abolishing his place in the pack for the murder of his sister. His act in the inn wasn't beast driven, Delsin did that himself, but the beast inside gave him courage and physical strength.

He didn't think about the consequence, he only saw his act being a consequence for the thalmors actions and behavior.

Khaotic3

Insanity at its Finest
    During Amy's conversation with the Thorssons, the smell of the beast blood filled her nose. There was another werewolf here somewhere, and she needed to find him. Never trust a werewolf you haven't met in a city.

She found him, a young Nord, standing with his girlfriend. After excusing herself, Amy approached the two. She grabbed the male by the arm, saying to the girl "I'm going to borrow this for a moment."

After leading him over to a corner, she confronted him. "If you can't control your beast then I will." Her voice was quiet, but her tone was serious. He raises an eyebrow. "Is that a threat?" he responded. He didn't appear to be the compliant type. "It's a promise," she answered, and walked away without waiting for a response.

She sat back down next to the Thorssons, but the young werewolf she had spoken to wasted no time getting in to trouble. He not only insulted them and resisted arrest but he...killed them. Amy glanced over to Khaose who had come back out of the room at some point. She seemed stunned, and her mouth was hanging open. A few drunkards cheered, but most people's reactions were similar to Khaose's. Amy gave a slow clap, and let her eyes tell the man what she was thinking: You're an idiot

The werewolf and his girlfriend began to leave. Amy turned to the Thorssons. "Get out of this city if you can. Gods know what'll happen in this place tomorrow..."

Amy then went to collect her things from the room. She knew she was not allowed out of the tavern, much less the city at this hour, but the whelp had some explaining to do. Back in the main room, Amy approached Khaose.

"You can take care of the muscle job, right? It appears I now have other matters to attend to..." Amy was obviously angry. Khaose was about to question her, but decided against it. If Amy wanted to get involved with that lunatic, Khaose would let her, so long as she was not dragged into it. "Fine. Should I wait for you, or just head back to Whiterun when I'm finished?"
    "Wait for me unless I'm gone, say, three days. Then get your tail as far away from this province as possible."

Amy was hoping the two had made their way out of the city. Unfortunately, that was not the case. The pair was still fairly close to the inn, and they didn't seem to be all that worried. "See? Perfectly under control." the beast told her.

"Funny. You see, once the rest of these guards realize what's happened, you'll be dead before you can say 'Hircine.' So I suggest you come with me so you can get out of here." Amy watched the guards as they patrolled up and down the streets. After getting an idea of their patterns, she decided on a path out. "Follow my lead."

Luckily the two managed to sneak well enough not to get caught. Amy had been a master if hiding for as long asshe could remember, so she had no trouble. They exited through the doors that led to the docks, and Amy led them to outside of the eastern wall of the city.

Amy looked the werewolf directly in the eyes and spoke in a harsh whisper. "Now I don't know what you were thinking-you probably weren't-but now you've started something. And once they realize that man was killed with your bare hands, they'll know something's up. You've not only put yourself in danger, but my pack and I as well. You're coming with me. Hopefully Skjor will know what to do with you. Any questions before we're off?"

----------------------------------------------

Back inside the tavern, people were beginning to panic. The barmaid, a high elf seemed to be in shock. After several minutes, the people of the inn began to speak again, and the barmaid came to her senses and called the guards.
    "Alright, Everyone back to your rooms! If you're not staying here, get back to your home!" Shouted one of them after seeing the dead bodies.
    Khaose looked at the elves next to her. She wanted to say something, but she wasn't sure what. She decided it was best to just do as the guards said for now. Amy, you'd better be right about me staying here.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    "Funny. You see, once the rest of these guards realize what's happened, you'll be dead before you can say 'Hircine.' So I suggest you come with me so you can get out of here."

Sofie didn't like this girls attitude, they were likely going to be put to death if Delsin hadn't done something and why did she mention Hircine? This girl was defiantly strange.

She helped them escape the city, so she couldn't be all bad. Delsin motioned for her to stay back while he and this girl talked. She didn't like it, but she obeyed. She waited in the cold, rubbing her arms.

Amy looked Delsin directly in the eyes and spoke in a harsh whisper. "Now I don't know what you were thinking-you probably weren't-but now you've started something. And once they realize that man was killed with your bare hands, they'll know something's up. You've not only put yourself in danger, but my pack and I as well. You're coming with me. Hopefully Skjor will know what to do with you. Any questions before we're off?"

Delsin just stood, slightly confused, why would she want him to go to her pack? She clearly wouldn't want him in, and he wasn't some 'thing' that this 'Skjor' could deal with. "I've started something huh?" Delsin said pacing to the left, "Good." He said as he stopped. "Don't pretend it was gonna be peaceful if I hadn't, I stood up for myself. It's time everyone else did too. Do you really want to be oppressed in your homeland?" He asked, but then got more to the point. "You don't want me in your pack, and I don't want in, so why are leading me out? Hell, why'd you help me out?" Delsin glanced over at Sofie, then to the woman he had referred to as his crazy ex.

"She doesn't know," he said nodding in Sofies direction, "I told her you were a crazy ex..."

Delsins mind then seemed to overcharge with annoyance. "Oh, and if your 'pack' and you get in danger from a stranger saving their life then you mustn't be very uh.. What's the word?" He seemed to think a moment, "Powerful."

"But I don't want to sound ungrateful, thanks for your assistance but I can take it from here. I don't think I want to be near a whole pack of werewolves, just being around you makes my beast... Uneasy..." his expression went from smug and annoying to gloomy and dark. "I can't.. Help myself... Sometimes... I-" Delsin stopped, she didn't need his life story and he didn't want to share it. "I can't. Hircine doesn't exactly help me, in fact if I didn't know any better I'd say he doesn't exist. He's affiliated with my family, not once did he ever speak to me.." Delsin had always felt offended and hurt that the daedric prince had seemed to have time for everyone excluding Delsin. He knew it was stupid to be so offended about, which only made him feel worse.

"I can't go with you." He said finally, avoiding her gaze.

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    The Thalmor men lay frozen dead on the inn floor, and the arrogant Nord pair had left in no hurry at all, where they insane? The woman from earlier rose to leave after the murderers, or escape before other Guards arrived, many others seemed to do the same, rushing for their lives, away from the inn.

"Marvellous, just fantastic, the S'wits! Things are only getting worse from now..." He chugged the last of his mead down, and stood from his chair, preparing to leave, as he saw the people from earlier, the two thieves and the abandoned Khajiit.

"Don't know about you lot, but I haven't got any plans to be staying here once the Thalmor show up, you haven't got anywhere safe in the city, come with me then, because that..." He pointed to the dead Thalmor guards. "Is not something I care to explain for the Thalmor, neither do you."

He threw his cloak around him, and left the inn out into the snow and cold, he didn't bother watching if the others were following, where else did they have to go? The khajiit was stranded, and being a heavily armoured outlander in the same room as dead Thalmor was not suggested, neither was it to be a thief in same scenario.

tdatapina

Hero of Time
    Varian sat back and waited for everyone to leave. Once the room cleared out he stood and walked over to the Thalmor bodies. One's face had been badly burned. The skin was black and peeling. The other had a deep gash in his eye. Blood steamed smoothly from the wound, a large puddle already formed on the floor.

Varian's lips curved into a slight smile and he rose. "I think I might have found myself some new companions." Satisfied with his new objective, he left the inn in search of his future friends.

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    "Don't know about you lot, but I haven't got plans to be staying here once the Thalmor show up, you haven't got anywhere safe in the city, come with me then, because that..." The Thorsson borthers turned to see a darkelf point at the dead guards just laying on the floor. "...Is not something I care to explain for the Thalmor, neither do you." He finished the sentence. Then the elf got up and left the inn. The other elf sitting next to them, an altmer, got up ad left too.

"Should we leave too?" Jace asked and was ready to get up. Rogga looked around the inn, that was now quite silent. Some men looked at the dead bodies while others hurried to their rooms. "Not sure the thalmor would like to see two Nords outside at night." He spoke with a calm yet irritated voice. "I'm not sure I'd like to see the thalmor either." Jace said with a smile and got up from the chair. Rogga did the same, ut before they left, Jace turned to the Khajiit. "You coming too... Cat?" He grinned his nose as he asked. But before she got to answer, a few thalmor entered the inn. "Alright, Everyone back to your rooms! If you're not staying here, get back to your home!"

Khaotic3

Insanity at its Finest
    "I've started something huh?" the werewolf began to pace, "Good." He said as he stopped. No, not good. What you've started is a genocide. "Don't pretend it was gonna be peaceful if I hadn't, I stood up for myself. It's time everyone else did too. Do you really want to be oppressed in your homeland?" Amy gave him a rather skeptical look. A good hunter waits for the right moment to strike prey such as this, and he had killed without thinking. Amy clearly had her work cut out for her. "You don't want me in your pack, and I don't want in, so why are leading me out? Hell, why'd you help me out?" "I'm not just doing this for your safety. You will pay for your actions, but the Thalmor wouldn't know justice if it hit them in the face." He then glanced over to the girl.

"She doesn't know," he said nodding in the girl's direction, "I told her you were a crazy ex..."
    "You should be so lucky," Amy scoffed.

The man's voice suddenly seemed filled with annoyance. "Oh, and if your 'pack' and you get in danger from a stranger saving their life then you mustn't be very uh.. What's the word?" He seemed to think a moment, "Powerful."

Amy almost punched him in the face, but she decided ti could wait until he was finished speaking.

"But I don't want to sound ungrateful, thanks for your assistance but I can take it from here. I don't think I want to be near a whole pack of werewolves, just being around you makes my beast... Uneasy..." his expression went from smug and annoying to gloomy and dark. "I can't.. Help myself... Sometimes... I-" The man stopped, as if he was having a painful memory. "I can't. Hircine doesn't exactly help me, in fact if I didn't know any better I'd say he doesn't exist. He's affiliated with my family, not once did he ever speak to me.." This may be worse than I thought. Even Sinding had seemed to have knowledge of how to speak with Hircine.

"I can't go with you." He said finally, avoiding her gaze.

"It wasn't a suggestion. If you think I'm taking you to some moon-crazed pack out in a cave somewhere, you're wrong. We live in Whiterun, and we don't all exactly worship Hircine. I don't care that you have problem with other werewolves, because clearly you just have problems in general. I'm not exactly inviting you into my home, either. We have a small underground shrine for the daedric lord, and you'll most likely be staying in there. I'm not taking you there because I care what happens to you, I'm taking you there because you have caused trouble, and I'm going to make sure it doesn't happen again. Not to mention the last time I helped someone had fallen from Hircine's favor, I was rewarded. I can't let you just walk away from this because once the elves realize a mere man would not be capable of such a feat, they'll search high and low for signs of daedric worship throughout the holds of Skyrim, which puts my friends and I at risk, whether any of us like it or not. I need to tell our Harbingers about what you've done, but I think it'd be much better coming from you."

Amy knew they didn't have much time, so she needed this pup to hurry up and just go with it. Amy then peeked around the wall of the city to see what the guards were up to. "Say...how long can you hold your breath?"

-------------------------------------------------

"Marvelous, just fantastic, the S'wits! Things are only getting worse from now..." The Dark Elf then chugged the rest of his mead. He looked over to Khaose and the thieves as he spoke again.
    "Don't know about you lot, but I haven't got any plans to be staying here once the Thalmor show up, you haven't got anywhere safe in the city, come with me then, because that..." He pointed to the dead Thalmor guards. "Is not something I care to explain for the Thalmor, neither do you."
    Khaose was overjoyed. She'd had no idea what she was going to do, and now this stranger was offering shelter. Could it be a trap? Why would a Dunmer help the Thalmor? The Thalmor hate them almost as much as the Nords Khaose thought.

The only setback, it seemed, was that pair of Nord thieves were tagging along as well. "You coming too... Cat?" said one as they prepared to leave. "Of course."

The elf threw on his cloak, and exited the inn without waiting for them. Khaose quickly followed, and he led on towards the Grey Quarter. The air was bitter cold, and the guards were now rushing around, most of them towards the inn. "Are you sure it's not a problem?" Khaose asked quietly as they approached his house. "I can pay you for a room..."

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    "Are you sure it's not a problem?" Khaose asked quietly as they approached his house. "I can pay you for a room..."
    Shouts were heard from the other districts, bodies must've been found.

"Feel free to go back to Candlehearth if you'd like." He said commonly, the loud barking orders of Thalmors clear as day for anyone.

The two brothers followed too, they kept to themselves a bit further back from Verthyn and the Khajiit, but he'd help them too.

They reacher the household, Verthyn stepped in, the family was seated around the dinner table, the man, his friend Joryn, his wife Jenassa and their young boy Dresil, none seemed alerted by Verthyn, as he simply shook the snow off of his massive cloaked body and nodded to the family, as he held the door for the others behind him.

"You'll be safe here for now, no Dunmer would help anyone else in Windhelm." The dunmer stuck to themselves, no one snitched to Thalmor or the Nords, both despised Dunmer just as much.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    The girl said her piece, which agitated Delsin just a little bit. He turned away from her, walked a few steps, then turned back. "What the hell did you expect me to do!?"

Sofie noticed the rising hostility, but kept her distance.

"They would have killed us! You would have done the same thing. And I don't need to go explain myself to some people I don't even know, alright? I don't want a lecture about this, I did it to survive. I don't care what you think, you know what happens to the people the thalmor arrest. They've been getting more and more aggressive, what they do, what they do isn't MY fault. I may have just sped up the process. But do you really want to live like this?" Delsin realized he was ranting, and slowed it down. "Look, I'll go with you. But keep it to two werewolves at a time, including you... I don't want to transform and get killed, alright?"

Sofie then approached the pair, "Are you guys okay..?" She asked, her body posture showed she was feeling uneasy. "We need to leave, if they find you.. After that mess you made in the inn-"

"We're leaving." Delsin said, cutting her off. Delsin didn't like the thought of going in the icy water, but it seemed to be what this girl was suggesting.

"Oh.." Sofie said, she got a little closer to the two. "I'm Sofie." She said, introducing herself, I'm guessing you to are already acquainted.."

Delsin was confused a moment, then remembered. "Yeah, she knows I'm Delsin.... That's my first name. She also knows my last name is black... She knows my full name is Delsin Black... Because she knows stuff."

Sofie eyed him suspiciously, but considering how he normally was she believed he was just being weird.

Delsin scanned the skies for the moon and thought of the Daedric Prince he was suppose to affiliate with, "Why not me?" He thought, as he looked at the sky.

tdatapina

Hero of Time
    Varian walked out the door slowly, keeping his eyes peeled for any Nords that looked like the ones he had previously encountered. One was making his way toward the inn, so that definitely wasn't him. Maybe they decided to create more trouble in the Gray Quarter.

It took Varian about a half hour before he realized they weren't there. After checking the palace, the stables, the inn, and all of the stores he began to grow hopeless. "I guess all there is left to check is the docks...Not that they'll be there either." He walked slowly, not expecting to find what he was looking for. As he reached the eastern end of the docks he heard a shout.

"What the hell did you expect me to do!?" Is that them? He stood there for a moment, listening to their conversation. "They would have killed us! You would have done the same thing. And I don't need to go explain myself to some people I don't even know, alright? I don't want a lecture about this, I did it to survive. I don't care what you think, you know what happens to the people the thalmor arrest. They've been getting more and more aggressive, what they do, what they do isn't MY fault. I may have just sped up the process. But do you really want to live like this? Look, I'll go with you. But keep it to two werewolves at a time, including you... I don't want to transform and get killed, alright?" Varian smiled. Werewolves. Looks like this is going to be fun.

He let them talk for another moment before revealing himself. "Hello. I couldn't help but follow you. After all, what you did with those Thalmor, magnificent. I feel...perhaps we'd make great partners. That is, if you don't mind. You see, I've been hunting the Thalmor for-" He paused, realizing he hadn't even introduced himself. "Ah. My apologies. The name is Varian Orintur." He reached out his arm to the one who called himself Delsin.

=========================================================================

"Catch me if you can!" Sulvunn laughed as he jumped over the side of the bridge. He landed softly on his feet and dove into a full sprint for the frozen river in front of him. He jumped across using the frozen platforms of ice, looking back and smiling at the Thalmor who struggled to cross. One fell in and cursed. "Haha. Good job buddy! Cold isn't it?" The second Thalmor stood on a piece of ice, hardly keeping balance. Smiling, Sulvunn grabbed a rock and flung it across the river at the Thalmor, causing him to fall into the water.

Satisfied, he turned and made his way for Windhelm. He dashed to the base of the bridge and began to climb it again. It would have been safer to cross the White River again, but it would also take longer, and he didn't want to waste anymore time away from his lovely drink at the inn.

He approached the door and looked at the sign. Three small candles, the centered one slighlt larger than the others, were surrounded by a golden circle with the words Candlehearth Hall stretched across it. Smiling, he read the sign aloud. "Candlehearth Hall." His smile widened. "Oh how I love you." He said, pushing on the large wooden door. The sound of the door opening was loud thanks to the dead silence in the room. Two Thalmor lay dead on the floor, one with a blackened face, and another with a deep gouge in its eye. "Well isn't that pretty? Elda, what happened here?" She smiled, looking at her regular customer. "Oh nothing, some Nord and Imperial came in here and decided to cause a ruckus. If you ask me, Thalmor aren't killed enough in this town." Or in this world. He thought to himself. "Well throw me a bottle of Honningbrew. Quickly, before a Thalmor comes in."

Sulvunn quickly emptied the bottle into a tankard and tossed the bottle back to Elda. Leaning back against the pillar, he took a large gulp of the drink and sighed contently. "Can't wait until we get rid of these damned Thalmor. Then I can drink all the mead I want and not have to worry about the bastards standing over me at every moment." "Don't let them catch you saying that." She said, a light humored smile on her face. "Or what? I'll have to kill another one?" He took another gulp of the drink and set it down on the wooden table next to him. He leaned back, hands behind his head, and closed his eyes. "Tell you what, Elda. Why don't you call some guards down here. I could use a little sport."

"No need." Sulvunn opened his eyes to a Thalmor standing over him. He swung his fist and Sulvunn came crashing down to the floor. He smiled as he wiped the blood from his lip. "Hey, that's not fair. You gave me no warning." And with that he sprang into action. He jumped and ran behind the pillar he'd been resting again. The Thalmor had already thrown another punched, but missed and struck the hard wood. He cursed and turned to see Sulvunn standing behind him. "Hey-" That was all he managed to get out before Sulvunn threw him into the fire pit. The guard screamed in pain as the flames engulfed him. Just as he was about to get up, Sulvunn unsheathed his glass sword and drove it through the guards arm, pinning him to the floor. "Wouldn't want you running around setting my home on fire." Sulvunn smiled as the guard's screaming slowly stopped and faded into nothing.

"Thanks Sulvunn, now the inn is going to smell." Elda eyed him angrily, but Sulvunn only smiled. "Ah but it was worth it, no? A free show AND one less Thalmor in this world. Hell, I'd even say that's worth a free drink." Elda glared at Sulvunn. "Maybe not..." He said, sitting back down and enjoying the warmth of the fire.

Khaotic3

Insanity at its Finest
    "What the hell did you expect me to do!?" The wolf exclaimed.

"They would have killed us! You would have done the same thing. And I don't need to go explain myself to some people I don't even know, alright? I don't want a lecture about this, I did it to survive. I don't care what you think, you know what happens to the people the Thalmor arrest. They've been getting more and more aggressive, what they do, what they do isn't MY fault. I may have just sped up the process. But do you really want to live like this?" The man slowed down his ranting. "Look, I'll go with you. But keep it to two werewolves at a time, including you... I don't want to transform and get killed, alright?"

"Alright. Although I was hoping we could figure a way to tame you-"

"Are you guys okay..?" The girl cut Amy off. She seemed a bit uneasy. "We need to leave, if they find you.. After that mess you made in the inn-"

"We're leaving."
    "Oh.." The girl took a step closer. "I'm Sofie." She said, introducing herself, "I'm guessing you to are already acquainted.."

"Yeah, she knows I'm Delsin.... That's my first name. She also knows my last name is black... She knows my full name is Delsin Black... Because she knows stuff."

Sofie eyed him suspiciously.

"My name is Amy Wolf-Song. And Sofie is right, we need to get out of here. The guards are on pretty high alert by now-" Amy was trying to devise a plan, trying to decide if it would be worth getting the horses, but an Altmer cut her off.

"Hello. I couldn't help but follow you. After all, what you did with those Thalmor, magnificent. I feel...perhaps we'd make great partners. That is, if you don't mind. You see, I've been hunting the Thalmor for-" He paused, realizing he hadn't even introduced himself. "Ah. My apologies. The name is Varian Orintur." He reached out his arm to Delsin.

"Look, that's a nice offer, but it sounds like this one here has a few problems he needs to work out," she gestured towards Delsin, "before he gets into a real war. How much did you hear? And I don't mean to sound racist, but how do I know you're not a spy?"

--------------------------------------------------

"Feel free to go back to Candlehearth if you'd like."

This idea was not appealing, so Khaose kept quiet. The thief brothers were lagging behind a bit.The elf led them into a house, a family was eating dinner inside.

The family didn't seem bothered by the fact that this man had just brought three strangers into their home. Did this happen often? Or perhaps they were living with him, rather than he living with this family.

"I'm sorry, I don't think I ever caught your name. My name is Khaose," she said to the elf who had brought them there.

---------------------------------------------------

Inside the Palace of the Kings, a guard gave the official report. After allowing the "Jarl elf" to read it, the guard added what he had seen.

"Sir, it is believed he beat them before he killed them. The barmaid said he gave them quite a thrashing."

"Interesting...but you said they were stabbed and burned, correct?"

"Yes, but I think those bruises seemed rather bad. And the speed it would have required to stab the other while he was looking right at him?"

"Perhaps he was on drugs. I want a search for drugs in this city. Those Nords never seemed to do anything about those sort of problems."

"Should we warn the other cities? The guards haven't found the culprits yet, they may try to hide out in there."

"They're fools if they do. But yes. Also, advise the other cities to do a search as well. I hear Whiterun was having the most trouble with Talos worship, you never know what they might find."

-----------------------------------------------------

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts