Boethia's Calling bug

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Sk3pTiCz

I purchase a follower and bring him the the pillar of sacrifice and I tell him I need him to do something and click on the pillar but he does nothing and says nothing.. am I doing it wrong or is this a glitch?

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
good questions I have same issue, forum bump

PolishPunisher

READ ALL FIRST

Ok, I finally figured it out! It was super frustrating so I figured i'd help ya'll out.

Whoever you brought to sacrifice keep trying to interact them between the tanning rock to the left of the shrine, and having them wait right next to the "pillar of sacrifice. For some reason the blue bubble activates while the sacrifice is at the tanning rock. After that I just attacked him (even thought he wasn't in the bubble, the second time i actually was able to have him wait from the tanning rock into the bubble) Once you have killed the one you sacrificed it should say objective complete or whatever. Then I STARTED A NEW* SAVE (just in case it didn't work AND there is a cultist with a Heavy damaged inferno spell BRUTAL!) Once you save, KILL ALL OF THE CULTIST! Once you have killed them all u should be approached by Boethia and begin your quest. I hope this helps!

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
Awesaome thanks! I was just there this a.m. and frustrated that it wouldn't work. Brought along on of the DB initiates... Not going to sacrifice a house carl or the wife after all!

Moonwort

I have also had this problem. Thanks for posting. I haven't tried the fix yet, but I hope it works.

BSE

Note that no characters marked as "essential" or DB initiates can be used for the sacrifice. Its best to use a random hired mercenary.

Moonwort

I took both Stenvar (Mercenary from Windhelm) and Lydia to the Pillar of sacrifice and couldn't get either to touch the pillar. I couldn't get them to sit in a chair or pick up a stupid dagger either though. Lame.

Moonwort

Aaaargh, tried this fix last night, didn't work. I must have a different problem. My followers will not do anything I command them to do anywhere in the world. Is this a bug? I get the "B to do whatever" prompt and the big X comes up, but the follower just stands there and doesn't do anything (Xbox 360). Infuriating.

Moonwort

Ok, So there is a button mapping issue somewhere. On my 360, I cannot command a follower to perform any tasks with the default button mapping scheme. I have to map the action button to "x", then my followers will do whatever I want, including touching the PILLAR OF SACRIFICE (echo, echo...). Weird bug, I wound up switching my mapping scheme back ofter I finished this quest because I was unsheathing my sword at the most embarrassing moments. Still cannot command the follower to do any action with B as action.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts