Battle music wont stop ever!! HELP

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

SkyrimForums

Ok so I went to my chest and my stuff was gone. So I reloaded a previous save where me and the Stormcloaks were taking over Whiterun. When I reloaded it all the enemies wouldn't fight me and ran into the town, then it said I completed the quest. So i thought cool, now I don't have to do it again.
BUT, now the battle music keeps playing over and over and over and wont stop!!
I've tried to turn the music down then back up, but didn't fix it.
I've tried to reload another save, nope (chuck testa)
I've tried to die, nope didn't fix it.
I've tried to fight a dragon and other enemies, nope.
I've gone to jail, nope.
I've tried to cry a lot of tears, nope didn't fix it.

Whatever I do the battle music WONT STOP!
Does anybody have a solution please?

Reiji

Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um
Go to System>Settings>Audio>Music = 0
TA DA! lol

I don't know what's wrong with your music. I personally haven't gotten that far into the StormCloaks so I wouldn't know.

SkyrimForums

I've already turned down the music all the way, but I really want to hear it because in Oblivion there was awesome music that I remember to this day. I want to hear the awesome Skyrim music too!

David Nichols

Dude, I just encountered the same problem, during the same time period! The Stormcloaks just invaded Whiterun, I spoke with the new Jarl, and turned off the game. I turn the game back on, whoop, there's battle music, not stopping for anything. Oddly enough, the one time it stopped was when I fought a dragon, but then there was NO music at all. Quit the game, all the "dragon-fighting" music played on the main menu, and then... back to constant battle music. I REALLY don't want to start over. I love this game, but these glitches are driving me crazy.

JamieUK

Has anybody found a fix for this yet? I joined the Stormcloaks and at some point during "Liberation of Skyrim" my music got stuck on battle music. I finished driving the Imperials out of Solitude but the battle music goes on... Saved, reloaded, deactivated all quests, fast-travelled to different places but still the battle music goes on. My favourite game is now broken andI don't want to start again cos I've spent weeks on my character. HELLLLP!!!!

treasurehunter

Lol.... Whut?
I had no music issues with the Stormcloaks overtaking Whiterun, but when it came to reporting to the next hold, I arrived at the camp and everyone treated me like a citizen. When I activated the floating arrow (thinking I was poking the wrong person to start the quest) the freaking arrow decided to show me a tent, with no one inside it. I actually just abandoned the entire thing and character after days of trying to figure out what went wrong.

JohanL

404 Error
i don't know if its same problem as you but i had a floating arrow pointing galmar in a tent, but he didn't give me the "reporting in ..." dialogue option. so i tried going to a city wait few hours (game hours :p) and come back. it was nighttime then and galmar gave me the quest update.

treasurehunter

Lol.... Whut?
i don't know if its same problem as you but i had a floating arrow pointing galmar in a tent, but he didn't give me the "reporting in ..." dialogue option. so i tried going to a city wait few hours (game hours :p) and come back. it was nighttime then and galmar gave me the quest update.
This arrow wasn't even near the dude I was to report to. After poking the campers and the dude in charge for a bit, they actually just started to ignore me. I went back there a few days later, and they were still ignoring me. I am assuming I'm not meant to be a Stormcloak, because I finished the imperial storyline with no troubles at all.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
Civil War is bugged and messy as plops. Multiple quests, no idea what goes on with Ulfric and Galmar and the reporting back and forth. I never even saw much of a battle for Solitude, they were supposed to defend it from an attack which never happened, Ulfric and another just stood outside the city, and then the quest was completed. There is a whole "Peace Treaty" quest where you take the leaders to convene with the Greybeards , with a lot of dialogue, that you don't even get to do if you complete the civil war before the quest where you need to convince the Jarl to allow you to use Dragonsreach for its original purpose).

Not worth thinking about really, just bugs and shoddy scripting. They tried to throw everything and the kitchen sink in, and spectacularly failed when it comes to storyline.

After the end of the civil war (i sided with the SC, who appear to have won) there is a bunch of Imperial camps still scattered around, and raiding them is fun, but their leaders cannot be killed... I suppose the reason for this is that the game developers did not remember to un-tag them after the end of the war?

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
Just noticed this at the UESP wiki:

Upon defeating Alduin and requesting to be transported back to Skyrim, one of Alduin's weather sound effects may remain playing no matter what action you take, and the only solution barring use of the imminent Creation Kit is to edit and silence the sound file.

I suspect that at that point most people would have had enough and simply give up on this exercise.

JohanL

404 Error
i personally didn't experience the problems with alduin, the music bug kicked in right after the battle in whiterun. i searched between the console script commands and the one stated few posts above fixed it in my case.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
i personally didn't experience the problems with alduin, the music bug kicked in right after the battle in whiterun. i searched between the console script commands and the one stated few posts above fixed it in my case.

yeah it sounds like the same bug, similar fix.

JamieUK

type in your console "removemusic MUScombatcivilwar" this will fix the problem

Worked perfectly for me!!! :)
Thank you sooooo much. Now I can hear the rest of the soundtrack playing. I just have one question: Does this command stop Skyrim from ever playing that particular track again or was it just while "combatcivilwar" part of the game code was active? (yeah, that's 2 questions, I know!)

Skyrim Tech Support UK said something like "wait for 72 hours then kill a dragon" - that didn't work.
I tried keeping the last savegame file and re-installing the game - that doesn't work either.

Anyway thanks again!

EDIT: I let the Techs know that solution, so hopefully it will help others.

JohanL

404 Error
Im glad it fixed the problem. Now you can go drink beer in the taverns again without the constant fighting music ;). To answer your question, it didn't remove the music permanently from the game. I tried it earlier by loading a save just before going into battle for whiterun and used the code, the music started like normal when i arrived at the whiterun stormcloak camp.

Shmaxo

yeah it sounds like the same bug, similar fix.
I'm having a similar problem with the "music" (it's actually battle drums incessantly beating) after initially having the 'Miraak Ethereal so you can't kill him' bug! I used the console commands 'setstage dlc2mq06 580' then setstage dlc2mq06 600'. It allowed me to finish the Miraak quest, but now I have to turn my music off to avoid going completely bonkers with the drums! Anyone know what to do?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts