• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Did this help you?

• Total voters

PauletteDova

Royal Assassin----
------------------------- RACE ----------------------
First of all we have to talk about Races.
My recommended races for assassins/thieves :
Khajit
Argonian
They have a boost in skill for Sneaking and Pickpocketing.
-------------------------------------- SKILLS YOU NEED -------------------------------
This would be the most stressed part in the Topic. The Skills. As you know in skyrim, you are literally TRASH if all your skills were 0 and never went up a bit.
When you think about Assassin, the first thing that pops up is SNEAK, same for Thieves AS WELL.
Sneak : This is one of the most important skills. It is worth it to pay 1,000 g + for training. The thieves guild IS living off sneaking, after all, no wonder they ask for 1,000 g + for a single training session.
Lockpicking: This is also one of the most important skills. This is the WHOLE thing to the Thieves Guild and plays partly as something needed for an Assassin (TDB).
Pickpocket : Without Training, this must be the MOST difficult to level up quickly without using the Console or cheats. As I said about Lockpicking, it means the most to the Thieves Guild, but it barely plays a part for an Assassin.
Alchemy: Getting this up to a high level is wise. Considering you can make potions for better Pickpocketing, easier lockpicking, invisibility, restoring Magicka (after using illusion and conjuration spells).
Illusion : This isnt a need, but it HELPS you. Invisibility and calm is useful to an Assassin and Thief. Invisibility to sneak in and out, as well as to kill without being seen.
Conjuration: The only good for this skill is Soul Trap, as it is to be used for trapping souls to use for enchanting or recharging an enchanted weapon.
Alternation: This is another "only good". Spells that really helps are Paralysis and barely, Waterbreathing.
Enchanting: The higher the level, the stronger the magic is for those Blades and armour.
Smithing: This plays a really big role, as for being hell on wheels as an Assassin. Being able to improve and upgrade (as in different weapons, like Daedric weapons).
Light Armour: Get this up as you go? Maybe. It is already light and some of the perks in the tree may make you more like " SILENT HELL ON WHEELS "
One-Handed: Strangely enough, dual wielding is considered one handed. Get this up as much as you can! For this is your MAIN / SUB weapon choice!
Archery: + Sneak is very deadly. Getting all the perks as well makes it EVEN deadlier. Having to be able to take out such things in sneak with no problem, easy enough for Assassins.

------NOTE-----
This is my FIRST guide, to be A specific character + skills to go with it..
Be so kind to give kind comments and feedback? :eek:

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
If you wanted to level your sneaking up quickly, ignoring RP whatsoever, then all you need to do is find a crowded place (Like the Riften open market, or some popular inn) and find a nice quiet corner to sneak into. This also works when increasing your illusion skill.

Spending valuable points in the lock picking skill tree isn't a great idea. With practice, patience, and lock picks you can open any lock in the game even with a low LP skill.

Pickpocketing, well, it's been a while since I played as a sneaky sort of character so my memory is not as great as it could be. I use to think your sneaking skill influenced PP chances. To some degree it does, I guess. At lower skill levels you simply need to stick to taking things that do not weigh much, and that are cheap, then work your way up but keeping to things that are worth money but are not 'heavy'.

I don't find being an assassin fun so I can't really comment on the other things you talked about. I was never a combative thief. I used sneaking and pickpocketing. I watched npc patrol patterns and plotted my course carefully, using a bow only for bouncing arrows off walls/objects to lure guards/etc away so I could continue on my way. If I was noticed I'd simply cast invisibility and dash away. In fact, the only time I killed a character was because I was forced into it near the end of a certain quest line, which irritated me to no end.

PauletteDova

Royal Assassin----
If you wanted to level your sneaking up quickly, ignoring RP whatsoever, then all you need to do is find a crowded place (Like the Riften open market, or some popular inn) and find a nice quiet corner to sneak into. This also works when increasing your illusion skill.

Spending valuable points in the lock picking skill tree isn't a great idea. With practice, patience, and lock picks you can open any lock in the game even with a low LP skill.

Pickpocketing, well, it's been a while since I played as a sneaky sort of character so my memory is not as great as it could be. I use to think your sneaking skill influenced PP chances. To some degree it does, I guess. At lower skill levels you simply need to stick to taking things that do not weigh much, and that are cheap, then work your way up but keeping to things that are worth money but are not 'heavy'.

I don't find being
an assassin fun so I can't really comment on the other things you talked about. I was never a combative thief. I used sneaking and pickpocketing. I watched npc patrol patterns and plotted my course carefully, using a bow only for bouncing arrows off walls/objects to lure guards/etc away so I could continue on my way. If I was noticed I'd simply cast invisibility and dash away. In fact, the only time I killed a character was because I was forced into it near the end of a certain quest line, which irritated me to no end.

You do have a point. But mostly for how you want to play is entirely up to whoever is playing it.
I was mostly just pointing out most of the skills needed (some are added in that aren't exactly necessary).
Whenever I update this topic with the perk tree skills, I would have a wider knowledge of the very useful perks.

Ah, yes, that quest. *SPOILER* Wasnt it that quest (Thieves guild main questline) where you had to follow Gulum-Ei into the East Trading Company (Not sure if thats the name)?

I didnt have a problem really with doing that. At that moment I was wearing the Dark brotherhood clothes and sniping with my bow ^^;

Morgan

Pickpocket : Without Training, this must be the MOST difficult to level up quickly without using the Console or cheats.

Do you mean 'easiest'? You could probably have this maxed out before you even got to Whiterun if you dipped into the pockets of everyone on the way. This is one of my least favorite skills for just this reason. (I usually try to limit the amount of levels gained by non-core skills until about level 25.)

PauletteDova

Royal Assassin----
Do you mean 'easiest'? You could probably have this maxed out before you even got to Whiterun if you dipped into the pockets of everyone on the way. This is one of my least favorite skills for just this reason. (I usually try to limit the amount of levels gained by non-core skills until about level 25.)

Well. If you didnt know that. And you were only doing it when you wanted to or had to. (If you were doing the job in Theives Guild). Its not a skill that will go up like mad. Everytime you pick a pocket..

If your thinking what guild to start off with,I would say Thieves guild :) and Dark Brotherhood second....The Bards Guild is good as well.

PauletteDova

Royal Assassin----
If your thinking what guild to start off with,I would say Thieves guild :) and Dark Brotherhood second....The Bards Guild is good as well.
I dont get the point of the Bards College EXISTING >.<
Its all a bunch of fetch quests...
From what I heard/saw.

I dont get the point of the Bards College EXISTING >.<
Its all a bunch of fetch quests...
From what I heard/saw.
It's good for the speech tree,also it contains a cool leap of faith part in one of the quests. :D

PauletteDova

Royal Assassin----
It's good for the speech tree,also it contains a cool leap of faith part in one of the quests. :D

I guess then..
I'll join it..

But when I first heard about it (Skyrim was the first TES game I played)
I thought when you joined you can sing for your supper.

Was disappointed :sadface:

I guess then..
I'll join it..

But when I first heard about it (Skyrim was the first TES game I played)
I thought when you joined you can sing for your supper.

Was disappointed :sadface:
if you are lucky,and you brought PC,you can create or search for mods that may include what YOU want..sadly I made a mistake that I won't let happen again...I buyed it for console :sadface:

PauletteDova

Royal Assassin----
if you are lucky,and you brought PC,you can create or search for mods that may include what YOU want..sadly I made a mistake that I won't let happen again...I buyed it for console :sadface:
I bought it for console as well..
I tried torrenting it. But it wouldnt run after the installation.
As I dont have money to buy it on steam now. And hopefully when I do the price lowered in steam and also in my area the price for Skyrim is lower than it is now!

Steam has it now for $59.99 I think. And the price in my country is x2 + VAT. >.>

Even so.
I guess we ARE lucky in a way.
PC version is probably 50 times buggier than the console version.
Or bugs occur WAY more than the console..

I bought it for console as well..
I tried torrenting it. But it wouldnt run after the installation.
As I dont have money to buy it on steam now. And hopefully when I do the price lowered in steam and also in my area the price for Skyrim is lower than it is now!

Steam has it now for $59.99 I think. And the price in my country is x2 + VAT. >.>

Even so.
I guess we ARE lucky in a way.
PC version is probably 50 times buggier than the console version.
Or bugs occur WAY more than the console..
I guess we are lucky

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts