• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
Has anyone started playing this MMO yet? I downloaded it yesterday (a long download, almost 9GB i think...) and managed to get in earlier today. It's free-to-play, with various subscription packages available as well.

Very good-looking game, play is reminiscent of WoW, but let's be honest: most MMOs have at least some aspects of WoW to them, especially in terms of low-level "go fetch it" quests. The character creation is quite detailed and frankly beautiful, and there are a lot of different paths your character could take in terms of "classes".

I haven't gotten too far into it yet but I'll probably continue to play. If anyone else is playing or planning to, maybe we all could get something going in-game.

Naglfar

Played it briefly the other day, liked what I saw. But its been difficult to get back online. One reason was the queues in EU are often to large for me to wait the other was I keep losing connection every 15 minutes which even after exhausting every option still happens. But I do like it, its lots of fun and maybe when things calm down I'll get back to it.

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
Played it briefly the other day, liked what I saw. But its been difficult to get back online. One reason was the queues in EU are often to large for me to wait the other was I keep losing connection every 15 minutes which even after exhausting every option still happens. But I do like it, its lots of fun and maybe when things calm down I'll get back to it.

Yes the queues have been agonizingly bad, and prompted lots of rage on the subReddit. Since I am in the US and generally only have time to play in the evenings, I actually made a character on the EU server Melasira, and I log on there when the server is less populated. I've avoided the queue nightmare thus far, though lately there have been a lot of server restarts, etc. as they struggle to figure out what they actually want to do.

It is a very good-looking game, yes, and the idea of owning a small house and farm is quite interesting too. Seafaring combat looks great as well. I suppose I will hang around long enough to see if they can work out the server/connection time issues.

Naglfar

Whatever connection issues I had seemed to have resolved themselves, as I had no trouble yesterday. I can understand people's anger at queue times, the main problem seems to be AFKers and they've said they'll sort this out. Hopefully that'll help a lot. I tend to play in the mornings as most servers don't have a queue yet or like yourself I switch to NA servers when EU are full. At the I'm enjoying it so I intend to keep leveling my Firren Trickster up until it gets dull.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts