• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    It has been thousands of years since the end of the civil war. The Stormcloaks re-joined the empire, and the Aldmeri Dominion has withdrawn to Valenwood, Elsweyr, and Alinor. Centuries later, both the Dominion and the Empire have become space borne, colonizing dozens of planets in the system. While both factions are hostile, they tolerate each other, for the time being. However, the Dominion has begun to send ships out of the system, searching for nearby star systems to conquer in the name of the Dominion. A Dominion star destroyer, Glory of the Altmer has gone missing in deep space. Although reluctant to call upon outside help, the Dominion has sent out a call for help from pirates, smugglers, and mercenaries. Co-ordinates are sent out to all ships within the system, for a team to assemble at Starflare station, at the border of Imperial/Dominion space. The mercenary light cruiser, Dragons' Talon is in the system, ready to assist, at a price of course.

___________________________________________________________________________________

In this roleplay, you'll need to have at least minimal information of star wars weaponry and ships. I've included several articles below.

Blaster- http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Blaster Powered by soul crystals, instead of power-packs.

Energy weapons- Much like the weapons in skyrim, but surrounded by an energy field, allowing it to carve through armour and flesh with ease.

Soul gems- Used to power weapons both melee and ranged. Grand soul gems power larger weapons (grenade launchers, rocket launchers, concussion rifles, all two handed weapons) Medium soul gems (blaster rifles, sniper rifles, shotguns swords/axes/maces) Petty/small soul gems (blaster pistols, daggers)

Imperial Star Destroyer- http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nebula-class_Star_Destroyer

Aldmeri Star Destroyer- http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gladiator-class_Star_Destroyer

The Dragons' Talon - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Strike-class_medium_cruiser

Aldmeri Soldier- Have normal elven armour, red body suits underneath, and a black face plate, concealing their faces.

Imperial Soldier- Heavy Imperial armour,with closed imperial helmet. Dark brown bodysuit.

Mercenary armour- Merc. armour can be anything from Skyrim, with a technical aspect. Of course, you can always take a suit of armour from a star wars genre, Mandalorians, bounty hunter armour, etc. Or, you can always make up your own sci-fi armour. Please make sure to describe your armour in full detail, thank you!

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Rules
    1: No God modding- Outrageously overpowered weapons, characters, etc.​
    2: You may have a maximum of three characters. I prefer two, but if you can maintain all three, it's acceptable.​
    3: Please use proper grammar and spelling. Inability to do so will result in you not being accepted.​
    4: Character Cards must be posted in the OOC thread before you are accepted.​
    5: I encourage creativity in this rp, as long as it isn't overboard.​
    6: This role play will contain mature themes. There may be sexual scenes and gore.​
    7: I will only be accepting about six, possibly seven members. This does not mean first come first serve. It means those whose character cards I find most appealing will be chosen.​
    _______________________________________________________________________________​
    Cast
    11/11​
    TheShadedOne as:Yil'Tar'ia (Ria) Khajiit female, mercenary, captain of the Dragons' Talon
    Garza, Argonian male, mercenary
    Mila, Khajiit female, mercenary, comm officer of the Dragons' Talon
    Drahkma as: Jonathan Rakes, Imperial, Soldier
    Andre Marek as: Aden Marek, Nord, Bounty Hunter
    SkyrimFreak as: Silvi, Bosmer, Assassin
    Madrar as: Arcanu Morne,Altmer, Assassin
    Zhengi as Mr.Smiley, Nord,Mercenary
    Blue as Ciaus Valius,Imperial, Mercanary
    TheOperator as:Alain the fire hearted,male Imperial, Thief/Assassin​
    Ponder as: Griffith Visellyn, Breton,male Engineer/Mechanic
    Vixen Blackbriar as Helena Valorian,female Imperial,Medic.
    Lissandra T'Loak, female Dunmer, Assassin
    Grawl, male Orc, Thug
    Simus as Jessica Psyrakon, female Imperial, Engineering student.
    _______________________________________________________________________________​
    Planets Under Dominion control​
    (planet names are made up by me, so don't get pissed if they sound kinda silly)​
    Aldemer- Urbanized planet, home of the Dominion first fleet, and ruling council.​
    Xanin- Jungle world, inhabited primarily by Khajiit​
    Nioxus- Forest/urbanized world inhabited by Bosmer​
    Planets Under Imperial control​
    Cyris- Frozen ball of rock, mountainous, with occasional thermal pools, occupied by Nords​
    Theren- Urbanized city planet, occupied by Redguard,Bretons, Nords, and Imperials​
    Eregin- Desert/swamp planet, controlled primarily by Argonians. Small population of Dunmer. Constant civil war.​

Ponder

International Man of Mystery
    This seems really cool! I just have a couple questions regarding the world. Essentially they just boil down to whether you're going for Skyrim meets Star Wars soft sci-fi or if we'll be exploring more hard sci-fi concepts.

So,
    • Are planets a Star Wars-y one atmosphere fits all affair, or are we looking at more realistic planets with their own ecosystems, atmospheric composition, etc. and the habitats and workarounds that might be used to sustain life native to Nirn on a non-Nirnian planet?
    • Is magic going to be relegated to Skyrim-esque use (the schools of magic and all that), or are we going to be able to use the implication of magic being an incredibly efficient form of energy conversion and introduce magic based technology? This could include things like magical genetic engineering/gene altering to spaceships powered by mages.
    • Does the story largely take place within one system, or is it an interstellar adventure? And, on that note, FTL?
    What I'm really doing is just probing the limits of our permitted creativity :p

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
    Staff member
    What...? What about...? What about The Hunted? :sadface:

Andre Marek

You can run, but you'll only die tired...
    OMG... I'm debating on whether to build a new character or just bring Marek into this via cryo sleep or something (hehe, carbonite) . This is amazing looking Shaded, I am definitely down for this! If anyone is thinking of claiming the mandoesque role for this, you can bugger off... it's mine ;) I'll begin working on a CC for this immediately

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    This seems really cool! I just have a couple questions regarding the world. Essentially they just boil down to whether you're going for Skyrim meets Star Wars soft sci-fi or if we'll be exploring more hard sci-fi concepts.

So,
    • Are planets a Star Wars-y one atmosphere fits all affair, or are we looking at more realistic planets with their own ecosystems, atmospheric composition, etc. and the habitats and workarounds that might be used to sustain life native to Nirn on a non-Nirnian planet?
    • Is magic going to be relegated to Skyrim-esque use (the schools of magic and all that), or are we going to be able to use the implication of magic being an incredibly efficient form of energy conversion and introduce magic based technology? This could include things like magical genetic engineering/gene altering to spaceships powered by mages.
    • Does the story largely take place within one system, or is it an interstellar adventure? And, on that note, FTL?
    What I'm really doing is just probing the limits of our permitted creativity :p

Well, yes, I was going for a more star wars-y concept. Originally, the RP'll start within one system, and then once it really gets under way, (once we have everyone, and they've all been introduced, so forth and so on, we'll head out of the system, onto the mission.

Magic....I was thinking it would basically stay the same. I suppose you could play around with it a little (have implants that enhance certain spells, stuff like that) but basically I want it staying the same.

Drahkma

Dashing Imperial Officer.
    Okay, I'm very much interested in this...Any particular way you want our character cards to look like? I've already got an idea, but I don't want to muck up the character creation.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Oops. I'll make a template right away then.

Name:

Gender/Sex:

Home world:

Race: (Nirn races, obviously)

Class: Bounty Hunter, Merc, soldier, assassin, etc.

Weapons: blaster, sword, sniper rifles, etc.

Armour: Describe your own, or take a Skyrim-esque armour and add a few sci-fi things. (Faceplate, range finders, etc.

Appearance: What your character looks like.

Personality: Not a 100% necessary. You can always reveal his/her personality later on.

Likes/Dislikes:

Bio:

Drahkma

Dashing Imperial Officer.
    Alright. I'm going to make my CC now....Also, I assume we should have a home world? Just wondering.

Name: Jonathan Rakes

Sex: Male

Race: Imperial

Home world: Theren

Class: Soldier

Weapons: Blaster pistol, Blaster rifle.(about two feet long, power pack/crystal input(?) on the right)

Armour:
    180px-Imperialriottrooper-FU2.jpg
    like this guys, except red all over, no electro staff. Made of steel, except for the visor and bodysuit. Sound good? Good.

Appearance: Tall, and lean, Jonathan (Jon) is six feet tall (6'0"), weighs about two hundred and twenty pounds (220 lbs). He has dark green eyes, short, buzz cut hair, and a scar under one eye, he received while fighting Aldmeri soldiers.

Personality: Completely devoted to the good of the empire. Distant at first, but can warm up to someone, given enough time. Will obey orders from his superiors, even if it means death for himself, but won't ask his men to do anything he wouldn't do himself.

Bio: Born on the Imperial world of Theren, Jonathan grew up on the planet, before joining the Imperial army, and joining the fighting on numerous worlds against the Dominion. Was injured in a particularly vicious fight on Xanin, although he kept fighting until the enemy force had been driven off. After the battle, he was deployed to Starflare station, in order to keep the peace at the border of Imperial/Dominion space. His armour is unique to that of most Imperial soldiers, in order to mark him as a veteran of numerous battles, and his rank.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Oops again. Yes, include a home world. I should say, everyone except for Ria, Mila and Garza (who are aboard the Talon) starts out on the space station.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    ugh. Now I need to do CC's for all three of my characters.

Name: Yil'Tar'ia, commonly known as Ria.

Sex: Female

Race: Khajiit

Home world: Xanin

Class: Mercenary

Weapons: Dual blaster pistols. An ebony dagger, that she keeps strapped to her fore-arm, ready to stab or throw.

Armour: Light, flexible armour, although strong enough to resist enemy fire in a prolonged fight, but allows for quick movement and flexibility. Is a light blue colour. Her helmet encompasses her entire head, with a single, straight, horizontal slit, across where her eyes are. Although usually clear, the helmet visor polarizes when exposed to intense light, to protect her sensitive Khajiit eyes. Wears a black bodysuit, with absolutely nothing underneath.

Personality: Cold and calculating, although she puts out a warm front while she figures people out. Won't hesitate to sacrifice someone she has no use for.

Dislikes: Unimaginative people. Rules.

Appearance: 5'6", whip thin, although, out of armour, her breasts often attract men who aren't overly disciplined. Silver-blue eyes, rather rare among the Khajiit, with black fur, although it is a lighter grey at her throat and ears.

Bio: Born on Xanin, Ria moved to Aldemer by the age of seventeen, exploring various planets on the way. She quickly shortened her name to Ria, as most non Khajiit had trouble pronouncing her full name. She joined up with the mercenary outfit, the Red Sabres, when she was twenty one. After killing the groups leader, and performing a purge of those that had been loyal to him, she took the main ship of the Sabres' fleet, and began touring both Imperial and Dominion space, fighting for those that could afford to pay the most. Under her leadership, the Sabres gained a reputation as both professional and deadly killers. They carried out anything from assassinations, to bodyguard duties. As such, their services are widely sought throughout known space.
    Ria has a younger sister, Mila, who, unlike her older sibling, was raised on Xanin, and is a more gentle, caring character. She serves as both chief medic, and the communications officer aboard the Dragons' Talon.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________

Name: Mah'Il'lia Commonly known as Mila

Sex:Female

Race: Khajiit

Homeworld: Xanin

Class: Mercenary/Medic

Weapons: Blaster rifle, long barreled, often used in mid-ranged combat.

Armour: Her armour is much the same as her older sisters, except, instead of blue, it is a light green colour.

Appearance:Shorter than her sister by about an inch, Mila has a humble, slightly nervous bearing about her. Her fur is dark grey, with white stripes on her tail, arms and head.

Personality: Calmer, and gentler than her sister, enjoys meeting new people, and befriending them.

Dislikes: Rude people, Nords, and cheese.

Backstory: Born on Xanin, and raised there, Mila only joined her sisters organization a year ago. She is often timid, but won't back down if the subject is something she believes in. Although she has no problem with fighting, she prefers to heal instead, and as such, often serves as the medic aboard the Dragons' Talon.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________-

Name: Garza

Race: Argonian

Homeworld: Noxious

Weapons: Concussion rifle, blaster pistol, a pair of steel daggers.

Armour: A deep red armour, that covers everything except his head, and has numerous ammunition pouches. It is made of a thicker metal than that of the two sisters armour, and can take more damage. If Garza has a need to go to a planet or asteroid with an un breathable atmosphere, he wears a simple, transparent breath mask.

Appearance: Standing at almost six feet tall, with long, reptilian fangs and spikes, Garza is fairly intimidating. He has a pair of horns that curve back from his snout, along with smaller spikes below his jaw. His scales are a pale green, although he spends most of his time getting every other scale painted a dark red, like his armour. Has pale yellow eyes, as well.

Personality: He is serious, although he can be friendly at times, when he's not working.

Dislikes: Most Dunmer, Ignorance, idiots.

Backstory: Fought on Noxious for most of his life, until he joined up with the red Sabres while they were fighting there. Backed Ria when she took control of the mercenary group, and she rewarded him by making the Argonian her second in command. He is attracted to her, and makes no secret of it, and is usually rather rude to those that indicate any level of attraction towards her. Enjoys the fight, and is most afraid of dying old and useless. He is often heard saying "I can't think of a better time to die than when I'm no longer the best"

Andre Marek

You can run, but you'll only die tired...
    Here we go, not sure how tech savvy this is supposed to be so I just included the usual things :)

Name: Aden Marek - Direct descendant of Andre Marek
    Race: Nord
    Class: Bounty Hunter
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Homeworld: Starflare Station
    Dislikes: Elves, Orcs, Lawmen, and people he thinks are 'cheap'

Physical Description: Standing at six feet one inch dead even and weighing in at two hundred pounds of lean muscle, Aden is in extremely good physical condition and has an intimidating presence because of it. He has dark brown, shortish hair which he keeps neatly trimmed and often sports a five o'clock shadow. Aden's eyes are dark green and his skin is naturally tanned despite his nordic heritage. He has a strong jawline that is reminiscent of his nordic father and high cheekbones that come from his imperial mothers side of the family. He has no obviously distinguishing marks.

Personality: Aden is a ruthless and thorough contract killer whose loyalty is ultimately to whoever can offer the most coin. He has absolutely zero patience for those people he dislikes and will not hesitate to make his intentions known if he becomes 'annoyed'. He is usually reserved but can have a dry, witty sense of humor when he's in a good mood. Aden trains regularly with his equipment to maintain his physique. He always keeps a cool head, even in the most stressful of situations, and knows when to make use of intimidation, outright assault, or evasion. He considers himself to be a lone wolf, only working with others if it is to his benefit, so you can always count on him to watch his own back, first and foremost. While he is a loner, Aden has a bit of a soft spot for those he grows to care about, however he is always willing to do whatever is necessary to survive.

Apparel : Forest green bodysuit with built in environment controls worn under light grey Mandalorian style armor complete with a black kama. He wears a lightweight jetpack along with magnetized boots for walking on metal in zero gravity, His gloves are also magnetized so he can attract his weapons, or those of his enemies, from a short distance. His helmet is the classic T-slit visor with a tracking/targeting computer on a flip down antenna and comes equiped with a wide range of optical enhancers and combat awareness packages. His right guantlet houses a micro flamethrower as well as a rappeling line shooter while his left guantlet is mounted with a small kenetic dart thrower and a retractable ten inch knife.

Weapons: Because of Aden's fondness of covertness and subtlety over shock and awe, his preferred weapon is a long range, high powered semi automatic blaster rifle equipped with a telescopic sight and targeting computer. (think of the clones DC-15) For close up fighting, he has a lightweight blaster pistol optimized for stopping power and accuracy. The rifle clips to the side of his pack when not in use and he holsters his pistol on his right thigh.

Combat Preference: Marek specializes in mid to extremely long range combat, often killing his target and being gone before the body hits the ground. He is an expert marksman and he has a very fast quick draw due too his magnetized gloves. He is capable in CQB, but he will do everything in his power to keep his enemies at a distance by employing hit and run tactics or by ensuring that the target is dead on his first shot.

Biography: Aden was born in the underworld of Starflare space station. His parents both died when he was very young forcing him to become self sufficient and fend for himself in the brutal world of organized crime and murder that was Starflares core. When he was fifteen he began looking for a way off the planet and stowed away on freighter bound for Theren. Once he arrived planet side he began working for various mobsters and other villains as an enforcer. Despite his young age, he did well because of his size and a natural aptitude for that kind of work. After ten years or so of this he has left the life of organized crime in favor of working alone as a contract hitman and bounty hunter. He is now currently on a job on Starflare station.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Loving the CC's so far people!

SkyrimFreak

This sounds very interesting... here's my CC

Name: Silvi
    Race: Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    World: Nioxus, She doesn't visit often at all, she practically lives on the Dragons' Talon
    Class: Assassin
    Likes: Sniper rifles, secrecy, speed, archery (in her spare time), visiting her homeworld, money (not to the point of being greedy)
    Dislikes: People in general, love, arrogance, lust

Appearance: Silvi is 5 feet, 7 inches tall, she is fairly thin. Her skin is a tan sort of color, though its gotten paler due to the advances in technology. Her eyes are a dark honey color, and her hair is a red/brown color. She keeps it short because she knows from experience its no fun having hair in your face while wearing a helmet. She weighs 135~ pounds.

Personality: Silvi usually comes across as cold, but she does have a couple close friends. She doesn't see them often as they preferred to stay on Nioxus. She rarely makes any new friends, and is fine with that. Silvi also prefers to stay somewhat secretive even when not on some sort of mission. Most friends she makes are more out of respect than truly liking them. She does have a rather morbid sense of humor that doesn't turn up often. Silvi is very patient when on the job, but with people she dislikes (more than usual) she is alot less patient.

Apparel: Her armor is a dark grey color, made with lightweight steel (the style is a bit like Boba Fett). Her helmet has a visor with rangefinders, more to help with her aim than anything else, that she can turn off if she chooses. She always wears her black running boots that she added small boosters to, so she could jump higher.

Weapons: Silvi's main weapon is a basic sniper rifle that has a simple viewfinder, she prefers not having a gun completely overloaded with gadgets. She always carries a small dagger and a handgun, you can never be too ready.

Bio: Silvi was born in the space station that Nioxus had launched, so had to get used to traveling very early in her life. When she was 34, she took up shooting. Silvi started to want to use guns for more than a hobby so she later started training as an assassin, which was probably her favorite thing to do then. A few years into her training, she met another Bosmer named Aengvir. They fell in love, and the pair of them soon finished their training, and they both were the best assassins on the station that time. One day the main power source failed, and suddenly the station was no longer hospitable. Aengvir told her to get to the escape pods and go on without him, she didn't want to, but he just told her it wasn't worth losing them both. At that she relented and started waiting for him. Soon it became apparent he wasn't coming back and reluctantly activated the escape pod. Since then she hasn't wanted to, or has loved anyone (That may change...). Soon she found a ship called the Dragons' Talon and learned that it was occupied and run by mercenaries, bounty hunters, people like that. Silvi immediately knew that it was the place for her, and has lived there since.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Well, well well. What have we here?

Name: Arcanus Morne

Race: Altmer

Class: Assassin

Homeworld: Aldemer

Weapons: Altmer Sniper rifle, Ebony sword.

Armour: Dominion armour, painted black. Wears a leather coat over the armour, concealing it. His gauntlets have long blades, leading from just past the knuckles, to his elbows.

Appearance: Tall, like most Altmer (6'5"), with gold coloured flesh, and dark yellow eyes. He is lean and heavily muscled, and devoid of all hair on his head, except for eyebrows and eye lashes. Has several scars on the right side of his face, as if from a fire, or perhaps explosion.

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Allegiance: Aldmeri Ruling Council

Biography: Not much is known about Morne, except that he is the 'fixer' for the ruling council. He was found as a boy outside a Dominion barracks, and raised for stealth and assassination, Morne has a very strong sense of loyalty to the Dominion. A unique trait of his, is that he has no accent to speak of, and his voice is rather rough and rasping. Secondly, unlike his brethren, he works alone, and is rather inconspicuous, due to his lack of hair and accent. Prefers long range killing, but has no problems getting in close to finish off his targets.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Ok, that leaves space for one more, which Longest has pretty much secured.

blue 468

Dude my to favorite thing star wars and skyrim combined into one is like the coolest thing ever I would be honored if you would let me join
    Name: Ciaus Valius

Race: Imperial

Home Planet: Nirn

Weapons: A double bladed spear like weapon that shrinks down into a small tube made from a special alloy that makes it virtually unbreakable also surrounded by a green energy field(picture when i can get to my laptop), carries a blaster pistol as back up(looks like Han Solo's)
    after-earth-3.jpg(this except for Jaden Smith)
    Armor: Pretty much a heavy black trench coat that covers a jango fett type armor that is all grey and black, a respirator on his chest that allows him to breath in space. Keeps his blaster and spear hidden under his coat, has a gauntlet in his left hand that has several functions from a flamethrower to a grappling hook and is also able to summon a small force field(like alteration wards in game) but it only lasts a few minutes
    warlock_armor_desktop.jpg (The middle left)
    Personality: Quiet and a very hard man but it came from years of betrayal and having to fend for himself, also because of that he rarely trusts anyone but deep down he is a good guy and will do the right thing

Appearance: Mid height with tan skin and brow eyes, short black hair and a athletic build, nothing special just an ordinary Imperial but does have a large scar acroos the left side of his face that took his eye

Bio: Caius was born in the Imperial city to a well off family, his father was a captain of a battle ship that was highly praised for its exploration. He was raised mostly by his mother but at the age of 15 his father left on a routine trip to deliver supplies to the starflare station but he never came back. Very quickly him and his mother were forced to leave because they no longer had enough money to stay in the Imperial city. Aenar left his mom and joined the legion, he was trained and was part of a crew for 5 years. On one mission his crew were ordered to kill a tribe of locals in some planet and when he refused he was arrested and sent to Starflare station to be executed but he managed to escape and made it back to Nirn. He tried to find his mother and when he found her she was already dying, he never forgave him self for leaving her and spent the rest of his time as a mercenary . He spent the next 5 years traveling from planet to planet never staying in one place for to long, until getting a letter to go to the starflare station.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Could you space out your CC a bit? I find it a little hard to read.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts