• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Dawn over the Red Mountain crater was an eerie sight, the way the soft sunlight filtered through the cloud of ash that hung over the mountain and created a dreamlike scene against a pale blue sky. A squat silhouette stood out against the sloping black earth that loomed over it. It was Fort Bodhol'a, a garrison and research post built into the mountainside that was designed as a springboard for exploration of the newly calm Red Mountain crater. Thick stone walls plated with a weathered Adamantium face looked up the volcanic plain, and from behind those walls, ten faces looked up as well through the narrow, sturdy windows.

One face, that of a grim Dunmer clad in heavy chitin and Adamantium, turned to the others and paused. He was Captain Hran Helseth, and he was preparing to lead those nine men up and over the crater's edge. Again. He sighed quietly before speaking up. "Azura guide our eyes. Boethiah keep us sharp and forge us in these fires. Mephala make us one with this smoke and brimstone. HoonDing plow our way. Ebonarm guard us in life, and Lorkhan lead us valiantly into death. Baan Dar give us wit to survive by, and moons light our faces in the dark. Juleion'r bless us." Hran's men had bowed their heads, closed their eyes, done something to show they were placing their fates with the gods. Hran simply looked ahead. "That all? Follow me." He lifted his helmet onto his head and put his goggles in place over the small eyeholes. His men did the same, and they stepped out into the peril of the mountain slope. The heavy metal door latched shut behind them with finality.

To the south, Queen-Regent Alussanah beheld the dawn in reverie as it danced across the city's ebony curtain wall. From her quarters in Castle Ebonheart, she looked up the coast to the east, down the coast to the west, and south, as far as she could see across the Inner Sea. This dawn rose on what was hers. She had fought and bled for it, and now she could shape it to her will. Her hard, curiously attractive face curled into a smile. She closed her window and strode out of the room, headed for the city streets. Two bodyguards hurried to flank her on her unexpected journey, but the procedure wasn't necessary to protect the expert battlemage who regularly went out in her royal armor, heavy ebony armor and a red cape.

"I'm on to the temple, men. Don't follow me in." Her followers nodded, and they were out into the open. Across the bridge from the keep to the city proper, where men and women were just beginning their day of work, setting up market stalls, opening storefronts, and going about a hundred different tasks. Alussanah confidently strode through the streets of granite, unfazed by the people scuttling about around her. One man, clad in finery, ran in front of her. "My Queen! My proposal, did it reach you?"

"That it did," she replied, her eyes rolling at the earnest parasite.

"And?"

"You've asked me about this three times already. What did I say to you then?"

"...No, but-"

The Queen-Regent put an armored hand on the merchant or would-be noble or whoever the hell this man was again and began to lead him toward an alley. "That's not all I said to you. What else did I say to you?"

"That, uh, that Undil Caemir was your final choice for the contract, but-"

"I don't believe I said anything else!" Alussanah put a heavy right hook across the man's face, sending him tumbling to the dirt. "Now if that's all, I'll take my leave." The sprawled man drew no attention from the busybodies who went to and fro in the street, and Alussanah continued on her route. Soon enough, she came to the great temple, a stone edifice of considerable size and ornate grandeur, and walked up the long, wide set of steps leading to the great hall of the temple, where the twin guards took their post. In the reddish arcane glow within, the youthful face of Archcanon Wulf awaited her.

"My Lady," he said, "the Ilaahyo Badan smile on you. How are you?"

"Excellent. Come," she said, taking off in the direction of Wulf's study. "We have work to do. Work much greater than anything done yet."

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
    The endless dunes of the Alik'r gleamed with brilliance as the sunlight from the rising dawn shone down from the rich orange and yellow sky. Waves of heat flickered and shimmered in the distance, distorting the luminescent rays peeking out from behind the distant towering mountains that marked the end of the sprawling desert.

Andromolek gazed out across the desert from a sandstone balcony protruding from the palace, a cool morning breeze tugging at his fine silk robes and whistling through his long black hair. The golden domes and spires of Mezekesh that rose from the cityscape before the Sultan reflected the sunlight with a scintillating beauty unrivaled in all of the known world.

With a content sigh, Andromolek turned from the magnificent dawn and returned inside. He made it his duty to watch the dawn each morning from his commanding balcony view and allow the winds to relax his body after yet another night of restless sleep.

After changing from his robes into his daily garments of loose, colorful silks and velvet, Andromolek slipped past his fast asleep wife and exited his chambers quietly. Sunlight poured through the grandiose glass windows that lined the walls of the grand hallway, shafts of light piercing the still and silent air around it. Andromolek started down the hall, his boots ringing off the marble and sandstone tiled floors and the luxurious tapestries wavering from the disruption in the air.

The hallway ended where the throne room began. Massive pillars flanked the outer wall of the throne room, surrounding an open, empty floor that sprawled out before the raised dais that held the elegant sandstone and bejeweled throne. The council chamber was located in a small room tucked away behind the throne, intended to provide some level of secrecy so private matters could be discussed within the council meetings.

Andromolek slipped through the door of the council chamber, unsurprised to see the council already seated, waiting for him. It did not take very long for the council to adjust to the Sultan's daily morning routine, so they were almost always ready for him on the mornings of council meetings.

"Good morning, my Sultan." Theben rose, bowing slightly as Andromolek strode around the circular stone table and took his seat.

"Good morning, gentlemen," the Sultan responded as he leaned forward in his seat. "Shall we begin?"

"Absolutely, sir. I believe there is a dire matter we must discuss."

"Well then, on with it. What is it?"

The other council members glanced at each other with anticipatory, almost anxious expressions before Theben turned back to Andromolek.

"It's something you must see. Come, with us."

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    The sound of rain faintly filled the trees of the thick Grahtwood forests. The smell of the rain - the petrichor, was something that Afdraïm had learned to appreciate during the Süm'airo - Season of Raining Forest. She dropped from her hammock, to the floor of the home. The sounds of forest city rang throughout the canopy, telling her that morning had already passed. She listened around her family's home, the lack of noise made her realize something, it was the start of a new lunar cycle - the Council was meeting today.

She hated to miss the meetings, mainly because she was in place to become Atza'avara Shaian, or clan mother, after Sylisela Atza'avara passed. Every Cycle, when her father led the council, Sylisela would remind Afdraïm to sit in on the council; for knowledge on the clans. Though this advice was seldom followed previously, she had finally realized the importance of this task, and decided to follow through for the past weeks. She grabbed her pouch, bow and quiver, and lept from the wood balcony.

-~~8~~-
    Idhrenion cleared his throat, and raised his hand for silence. The earth buried council room was filled with many faces, all hailing from multiple places throughout the Farasel's Territory. Many with similar looks and styles as you glanced from Tribe to Tribe, and Clan to Clan.​
    "Have the Tribes reached a proposal?" Idhrenion spoke clearly, looking at the men before him.​
    "The Clans Synpar and Silmoor suspect that the piracy of supply caravans, has been repeatedly committed by a foreign tribe of Khajiit. Like that of the Moonblood Tribe near Ebon Ro." The Representative spoke, explaining the consensus of their clans. "With the knowledge provided from the Moonblood Leader, these Mo-Jo'Khaj, as they are called; are too dangerous to confront directly. We believe that an investigation of these Khajiit, is necessary before taking any hostile or confrontational action."
    Idhrenion nodded along with the Mer. "I concur. With that, what is the proposed resolution?"
    "The Clans of Tarlain and Ebon Ro have discussed this knowledge with the Clans of Synpar and Silmoor. Our resolution is to send the Bae'rolai into the territory of Lynpar to investigate further. This investigation will be non-hostile, unless hostile action is provoked by the Khajiiti being investigated. After a full two lunar cycles is complete, the Pack Guard will return with their observations, and we will discuss further action during the following Meeting."
    Idhrenion stared at the floor below him for a minute or two. "And what of the supply caravans being raided?" He questioned, a sense of encouragement on his face.​
    "In order to keep the progression of each of our Tribe's food supply from diminishing, we must keep sending caravans every cycle. In order to discourage and prevent further raids, we believe that sparing 3 guards per caravan would be sufficient protection. We will also lower the amount of yield per caravan, in order to make any lost product less devastating." The Representative stepped back into the line of Mer, awaiting the response from the Shaian chief.​
    Idhrenion stood from his pillow, nodding at the resolution. "We will have a short break for discussion. We will return in 10 minutes, with a final decision or counter resolution."
    -~~8~~-
    Afdraïm landed harshly on the moist earth. Her hands hot from the climb down the towering canopy. She walked down the gradual dirt entrance to the Council Chamber. She pushed the bark door, and closed it behind her, as the chatter and discussion from Clan Chiefs filled the hall. She worked her way to Sylisela Atza'avara, and nodded in respect.​
    "Gi'suilon Daughter! You decided to come to the discussion, I am pleased with your decision. There are very interesting issues to be argued today," She spoke taking Afdraïm's hand. "In fact, they are finishing up the resolution about the caravan raids now. Very promising issue."
    Afdraïm listened to her Atza'avara intently. It seemed that she hadn't missed much, that is any of the more plain topics. She did however miss most of what she was hoping to see, that of the Khajiit raids. Rumors around Elden Root spoke of fierce cat folk that killed and slaughtered 5 of Laf Lynpar's crop caravans. Due to her father's secrets, Afdraïm had no idea what to believe, and she hoped to get answers today.​
    She whispered a Koehrmeri curse under her breath, as she stared in the direction of her father, as he discussed with multiple Guard Leaders. "I hoped to see the entire discussion. No matter, what is the resolution they are conversing?" She crossed her arms, and looked back towards Sylisela.​
    "They are going to investigate the Khajiit they suspect to have committed the raids, and are adjusting caravan security and size. Your father is discussing whether or not guards can be spared with the Head Guards. Whether or not; the caravan security is the larger matter at hand here." She answered happily, awaiting Afdraïm's response.​
    Afdraïm nodded as Sylisela spoke, agreeing with her inquiry. "The sparing of guards isn't something that can be taken lightly. Forest knows how many we've already spared in dealing with the rebel clans."
    As she finished her thought, she could see her father finishing with his discussion. He then approached his stand, and rose his hand, clearing his throat for silence once again.​

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts