OOC A Fallout RPG (recruiting)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
    All right. How about we just go with SD's plot idea, write our Character Cards and start this thing.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    Name: Double-Water (Adopted name: Christopher)
    Ethnicity: Native American, hailing from The Sorrows of Zion

Personality: Quiet and reserved, Christopher is fairly modest and tends to keep to himself. He doesn't speak much, but is not afraid to act with force. Despite this, he'll go out of his way to help another; even if it means risking life or limb. However his past haunts him, and to this day he bears the burden of a deep regret; buried in the past. It is because of this regret that he chooses to help others, yet at times he is very pessimistic and cynical about what the future holds for him.

Physical: Physically fit and built, his height is fairly average, standing at around 6 foot tall give or take a few inches. His skin is darker and tan, and his hair black and kept cropped; traits inherited to him from his Native American stock. However at first glance, he could be mistaken for a Hispanic, due to the fact he exhibits little to show for his heritage. He gives off the impression of a rugged and world-weary figure, with a strong jawline, commanding eyes and a rough beard.

Gear: 1 hunting rifle fitted with a precision scope; 6 rounds, a 9mm pistol; 8 rounds, a backpack with limited rations consisting of a flint, a dulled knife, cans of food, a small sack of caps, and a small medical kit consisting of a stimpack, medical tubing, padding, gauze and tweezers. Also, fixed to Christopher's wrist is a RobCo Pip-Boy, which he discovered long ago in Zion Valley.

Skills: Christopher is a proficient shot with his rifle, and can down an enemy from many hundred yards away under the right circumstances. He has some experience in mechanics and basic medicines, and as a wastelander he is quick on his feet and very smart when it comes to survival.

Story: Christopher; long ago known as Double-Water, was born in the idyllic natural wonder known as Zion. A former park in Utah that was nearly untouched by the fires which scorched the nation. Zion was home to different tribes of Native Americans, who clung to the old ways of life. Marking technology and pre-war artifacts as taboo and accursed.

Double-Water was born into the Sorrows tribe, a tribe who promoted peace and natural security. Violence was looked down upon and shunned by the tribe, and eventually Christopher would be exiled because of this.

Despite the warnings and tales of curses attributed to pre-war buildings and homes which were scattered about the valley, Christopher and his brother; Shores-Edge, were obsessed with them and pre-war tech. Together they would explore abandoned lodges and ranger stations, crashed freight trucks and trains. One day, they came across the remains of a long dead prospector. Who's corpse held little of worth to scavenge, aside from what was fixed to his wrist...

A pip-boy, an invaluable tool. Immediately they set about removing it from it's late owner, which was not difficult as what remained of his arm was little more than bone. The two of them had never seen anything like it, it offered detailed maps of any area and useful utilities. However, there was one problem, each of the brothers wanted it for themselves, and they weren't backing off.

Christopher drowned his brother for a pre-war artifact he knew next to nothing about, and only after the Pip-Boy had fused to his wrist and was unable to be detached did he know the error of his ways. He was exiled by his own people, alone and consumed by regret, he trekked West.

He adopted the name of Christopher, and began running with the Fiends across the Mojave. Taking comfort in how the chems and drugs dulled his pain, he thought nothing of his actions as he killed and pillaged whenever he pleased, for whenever he wasn't sad, he was angry. Soon, however, the chems had lost their strength. He'd binge for days trying to make the regret and sadness go away, but it was always in vain.

Years later, he's left the lifestyle of killing and stealing behind... along with the chems. He traveled further West until he found himself looking out at an endless, blackened sea. He settled there, along the coast. Running caravan jobs all along California for caps. He's forgiven himself some for what he's done, but each day he is still reminded of the monster he once was.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Sure. I've never played Fallout 1 and 2 so I'm good with this setting. And we could just be a BoS chapter that accepts local help, like Elder Lyons' chapter. That way people are free to be their own thing.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    And I'm so sorry for not getting alerts for this. I missed the whole debate which almost turned into Imperials vs. Stormcloaks. I'm all NCR all the way. The epilogue scenes at the end of the game if you side with them really are the best for the Mojave. I like SD's Ida, let's do it. I'm a BoS guy though, sent from my chapter to help on this search.

Hale Loneshadow

Sounds awesome!! I'm a massive fan of Fallout 3, I've played 2 and NV...hated yet loved NV as well and of course 2 is one of the classics. :D

Name: Damian Wynden-Pryce

Sex: Male

Physical: here!
    tumblr_m6t677ULq31qjj3kzo1_500.jpg

Face: his face, when not covered:
    graveyard7.jpg.w180h243.jpg
    . Very physically strong; made mentally strong due to previous harsh experiences in the Capital Wasteland.

Gear: As seen above: Black combat armor, black cowboy hat, balaclava, goggles, combat boots, ammo bandoleer, backpack.
    Weapons: Chinese assault rifle (4 clips); .44 magnum (10 bullets); machete.
    Food/Medical: 2 Stimpaks; a few cans of food; water canteen; 1 Radaway.

Backstory: Originally from the Capital Wasteland area, Damian worked and trained with the BoS, as his father was a Knight-Captain in their ranks. Serving to the rank of Knight, Damian participated in the Battle of the Capital Wasteland alongside his father and the Vault Hero. After this, he was promoted to the rank of Knight-Captain, and his father to Paladin. They both were in the elite group that assisted the Vault Hero during their assault on the Enclave stronghold at Adams Air Force Base. Though they achieved final victory there against the Enclave, his father and most of the platoon were tragically killed during the brutal fighting against the overwhelming odds. He flew into a battle rage at the sight of his father being overwhelmed and gunned down (remember the two BoS soldiers when the Lone Wanderer was about to board the mobile platform??) , and fought with such brutality, that even Elder Lyons was frightened of him. He was ordered as penance to travel via Vertibird (only used as transport; no longer as access to it) to the NCR-held territory, to attain better diplomatic relations with the semi-like minded NCR (due to hostilities with the Mojave Chapter), and to achieve enlightenment towards conquering his dark side. Damian is skilled with his rifle and pistol, though he hates to use energy weapons (something else that makes him an oddity on the tech-based BoS). His favorite weapons are his trusty chinese assault rifle, which he has nicknamed "Heretic" (due to his recognized irony of using an "archaic" weapon in a society that thrive on tech), and his .44 magnum, nicknamed "Puncher" . Damian is currently at the Old Morman Fort, to tag along with others to prove the worth of both himself and to bring honor to his father.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    Simus, remember that the Brotherhood on the west coast is almost entirely destroyed due to its conflicts with the NCR. You could be like that follower in New Vegas, being sent above ground for supplies and information.

Hale, I like your character but he seems way overpowered. I'm not in charge here, but that's just my two cents.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
    Staff member
    Well, I've missed all sorts of alerts! *Totally not reading all of them*. And the Brotherhood of Steel is a bit overpowered. I mean they have power armor and all those niffy guns and such. :D

Hale Loneshadow

Alrighty, I'll edit and tone it down a bit, sorry! I just get too crazy over Fallout 3 stuff...first RPG I ever played. It's my baby haha

Hale Loneshadow

Well, yes. But still, making him a jack of all trades weapon master seems a bit overpowered, no? Also, 9 clips of ammo is a lot in a real life scenario. My guy only has a couple of bullets.

We should emphasize survival here.

I'll edit that weapons master bit out, I forgot that part whoops. I see what you're saying, but think of the difference here: your guy is a legit wastelander/survivor, while my guy is a member of the BoS, who physically sent him out on this mission. He was undoubtedly supplied with more than ample ammunition, seeing as they are one of the largest factions in the Capital Wasteland. I'd say that with the fall of the Enclave, they probably are the best, most supplied faction in the CW. I'll edit the backstory a bit more, and his gear a bit, but just keep that in mind.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    I'm not trying to come off as rude or anything, I want us all to have an enjoyable experience here. :D

I don't think the CW brotherhood would handle matters on the west coast though, remember, they aren't the only chapter in America. But the Western chapter is much weaker then its Eastern counterpart, and has less of a presence.

Hale Loneshadow

I hear ya mate! :) I'm just explaining my end of it haha. And my reasoning that the CW BoS is getting involved is that very reason; the western faction is weak, basically gone. As well in large part due to the fact that the western section kinda gave a big middle finger to the rest of them, and that they allowed themselves to stupidly fight the NCR. As I said, he's on both a diplomatic and personal mission.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    I didn't know the West BoS was so weak. Gaps in my working Fallout knowledge and all. I was under th assumption that Broken Hills and Maxson were huge bases and territories that the NCR couldn't touch. Did they fight the BoS as well as the Enclave in the first two games? The lore in NV seemed to point to that: a major war that the NCR won and I know you save the world from the Enclave in fallout 2 after they basically try and drop a virus bomb on the country.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    I'm not exactly sure myself, I know the Mojave chapter is pretty much gone. And I was assuming that at full strength, the Mojave chapter would cover some of California. I'm not sure about the others, keep in mind the events of New Vegas and Fallout 3 are many years after the first two games.

So how many brotherhood of steel members will there be here? I don't wanna be the odd one out lol

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    Did some research and it turns out the Brotherhood is at the height of its strength smack dab in California, and they have an installation in San Fransisco in the form of a bunker.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    But I'm still not sure if they're as strong as they were in Fallout 1 and 2, all the wiki has to say is that the BOS were defeated and scattered by the NCR. Dates and locations not withstanding.

So I'm going to assume that what's going in southern California is the same that's happening in the Mojave. Much of the BOS would be scattered and in hiding, so your character could still work with them and still be on a diplomatic mission to ease tensions.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    Ok. My guy will be from Hidden Vally then. After the NCR took over the Mojave and they have a lasting alliance with the Brotherhood and they help the NCR protect the roads.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts