• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

MR-WIKI-96

I know all! I am the WIKI!
Plot: This fanfic is about a man who has his human heart swapped with a daedra's heart by the daedric princess Boethiah. He has 1 week to find his old heart and change it back before the evilness and darkness of the daedra heart consumes him. This is my first fanfic, so tips and pointers are welcome here, as well as positive and negative criticism.:)

Chapter 1: Down in the Dumps
Henrik Grey-Wave was awaken to a small light shining through one of the small cracks in the ceiling of his home in Markarth. Henrik grunted as the bright light was shining vigorously at his eyes. Henrik slowly sat up from his bed, looking at his reflection on the silver ball head in the middle of the shield that was hanging on his wall. Most people would see your average brown haired, blue eyed nord. But Henrik didn't see this. He saw a shadow of his former self.
Henrik walked out of bed to collect his boots for his work, when he saw a silver ring lying right beside the boots. The ring belonged to Henrik's ex-wife, Maeva. Henrik broke up Maeva only a day ago. The divorce was because Maeva accused Henrik of not giving their relationship any spark or passion. Henrik and Maeva argued like a pair of wolves over a dead carcass, before Maeva left too live with her sister in Whiterun.
Henrik looked at the ring and saw nothing but anger, sadness and fury. A shot of pain hit Henrik's heart as the thought of his ex-wife crossed his mind.
"Ahhhhhhh!", screamed Henrik as he threw the ring with all his hatred at the wall on the other side of his room.
The silver ring cracked as it fell too the ground. Henrik walked over it and tried to crush it under his foot; Henrik felt it was like crushing a part of him. Henrik proceeded to walk to his front door. "Another fluffing day in paradise", uttered Henrik.
Henrik reached his workplace: Left Hand Mine. Henrik got a good look at the place from his viewing point by the side of the road.
"This place looks plops. *sigh* I look like plops", said Henrik as he starts to walk towards the mine.
People started looking at him, whispering to each other. The news of Henrik's break up spreaded like the ash clouds of Morrowind. One of the miner's stared at Henrik with great nosiness.
"What!? You ain't never seen a depressed nord before!? Scram!", shouted Henrik as the miner runs out of Henrik's sight.
Henrik went to pick up his pickaxe from his personal chest in the Miner Longhouse. Henrik never keeps his work stuff at home. It's Henrik's personal Idiosyncrasy. Henrik opened the longhouse door too see it was deserted.
"Thank Talos", said Henrik.
All Henrik wants is too be alone. He doesn't think he'll be used to company for a long time now. Henrik opened his work chest too find his pickaxe and an old note:
Have a nice day at work. Love you xx Maeva.
Henrik's face grew red like a snowberry. He crunched it up and threw it into the longhouse's fireplace. Henrik watches it burn, his heart feels pain as the old love note turns into a black piece of nothingness.
"Some work should help clear my mind."
Henrik picks up his pickaxe and heads straight to the mines.
Henrik looked and see's everyone busy at working. They were too busy with their work too even notice Henrik; It was as if he was a ghost. Henrik found a free iron ore vein and started getting too work. Henrik started smashing it with his pickaxe. The old love note was still stuck in his mind. He tried to focus on the work, but the more he focused, the harder he hit. Henrik started smashing harder. And harder. And harder. Before he shouted
"Get out of my head!"
Some of the workers stopped too look, but Henrik took no notice of them. Instead he just kept digging.
Henrik had been working at that one ore vein for 10 hours non stop. He was starting too sweat and breathe heavily and he wasn't even digging iron anymore. He was digging stone now. Everyone was starting too worry, until Tobias, a workmate of Henrik, came up too him with a proposition.
"Hey Henrik. Me and some of the other guys are going for drinks at the Silver-Blood inn. You want too come?"
Henrik stopped mining; he was breathing heavily when he turned towards Tobias.
"You know what, I need it", replied Henrik.
Tobias was probably the only one Henrik could count on right now.
"Ok then let's go". Henrik walked out of the mine with Tobias. Still thinking about Maeva. A drink will help, thought Henrik.
Henrik took his seat at the bar in the inn.
"A nord mead, please", asked Henrik.
"Coming right up", replied the barkeep. Henrik got his mead and started drinking it like there was no tomorrow. Tobias came to seat beside him.
"Hey man, How are handling this?", asked Tobias.
"So you noticed huh?, said Henrik.
"I could I not? You shouted at another miner and then mined non stop on the same vein for 10 hours", said Tobias.
"yeah, well. I just...miss her you know. I mean, more passion!? Really!? I hate her so much, but I still love her. I just want too forget her", said Henrik , chugging down a mead.
"Well you know what cures that? Mead", said Tobias.
Tobias picks up a mead and shouts: "Too forgeting pain!"
"Too forgeting pain!", replies the bar, as they all take a chug of mead down their gullets.
Henrik looked at his drink and uttered to himself: "Well here's too a night "forgetting". He chugged his drink like a true nord, thus starting his night.

MR-WIKI-96

I know all! I am the WIKI!
Author's notes: I know it's been a while (a month) since the first chapter but i'm re-continuing this fanfic with a couple of small changes to the presentation of it: In paragraphs and not in one line, changing the color of the chapter font and putting in more pronouns (Thank you Thomas :)) and using color code for speech now. I've learnt all this in my past two months here on the forums (I know it says I've been a member since April, but I never started using these forums till mid August) it's not the best but i'm happy with it. :)

Chapter 2: A Hangover to Remember

Henrik woke up to the small light peeking out of the crack in his ceiling. He was in no mood for this, he had the headache from Oblivion. "I have got to get that fixed.", uttered Henrik, groaning while doing so. He moved his body up from his bed so that he was sitting up, every part of his body ached so much that to him it was like he fell off a cliff, especially his heart. He had a strange pain in his heart that he had never felt before. It was like he really had a broken heart. "What the hell did I do last night?", exclaimed the tired Nord. He was having trouble remembering most of the events last night. One minute he's chugging his drink like there's no tomorrow and then the next minute he's in his bed with aches in his head and heart.
Henrik looked at his shield on the wall to catch his reflection but to no avail. His vision was too blurry to see across the room. He sighed and moved his legs over to the side of his bed and stood up. "I better go ask Tobias what happ-" He was soon interrupted as he falls to the ground, slipping on some liquid like substance. He grunted greatly at his misfortune but his annoyance then changed to curiosity as he sits up too see this mysterious liquid like substance that made him fall. "What the hell?", grumbled the confused nord. He looked forward to see but his vision was still blurry from the ongoing hangover. He could see something big. It had red all over. It looked like a person. It seemed to be in a pool of red. Henrik's vision started to go back to normal but the sight he sees will horrifiy him to the end of his days.
It was a man's body in a pool of blood with his throat slit and his eyeballs cut out. He had weird runic marking's on his head. They were dug deep into his head that you could literally see a bit of the brain. Henrik tried to read the mysterious language but he was distracted by the face of this man. A face that is too shocking to believe. A face that is truly daunting to see. Tobias.
Tobias. Henrik's workmate. Henrik's colleague. Henrik's friend. He looked in shock at the sight of his body. The life of a once supporting friend is now just a wreck of blood and gore. The body had blood and organs seeping out of the stomach, some which looked like someone tried to eat it. Henrik couldn't stand the sight of this and went to puke in a nearby basket. He turned his eyes again towards the body but was still able to handle such an atrocity so he puked again, defiling the basket even more.
After defiling the basket he went back to the body with a stronger stomach than before. "What sick, sick bastard could have done this!?" A female voice then appeared out of nowhere from behind and gave him an unexpected answer to his question. "You did". Henrik became startled by this and jumped with terror towards the direction of this voice. "What do you mean that I did this!? I would never do something as disgusting as this!?", shouted the angry nord. He was facing nothing. The voice appeared to be coming out of nowhere but the room still darkened and a feeling of slight fear came over Henrik.
"Oh but on the contrary my sweet little killer. You have easily proven that you are capable of doing such a...delightful task, Ha Ha.", laughed the evil voice. Henrik was still in denial after the strange accusation. He had no reason to kill a good friend and he would most certainly not kill them in such a cruel and degrading way. "Stop lying witch and show yourself!", shouted Henrik angrily. He looked around swiftly and furiously for the source of the voice but it seemed to be coming from all directions. "Witch!? Ha! I am not one of those revolting conjurers. I am something with a bit more elegance. I am Boethiah. The daedric prince of deceit, conspiracy, secret plots of murder, assassination, treason and unlawful overthrow of authority. As you can see I'm quite popular here.", chuckled the daedric prince.
Henrik became horrified by this. The fact that a daedra is intervening means that he must of done something quite big last night. "What-what-proof do you have me doing something like this!?", he shouted. Fear had now struck him like lightning. He knew the daedra were not something you should mess with. The eccentric daedra just laughed heavily at this. "My dear, dear Henrik. Look at your hands." The nord man did what he was asked. Henrik looked down at both his hands. He was confused by this but he couldn't believe his eyes at the sight of what he saw.

Both his hands were stained with blood. They were drenched in the stuff. Henrik became wide eyed and horrified by this. "How-how-how-have I not noticed this!? It's-it's trickery. Just trickery." The deadric prince laughed. "Look at all the things you've touched and tell me that's trickery." Henrik then looked at his bed. The hand prints of blood were there in red. He then looked at the basket. It had blood prints on it as well. This sickened him, literally. He then puked again but he had no time to go to the basket. He simply puked on the body in front of him, defiling it even further. This made him puke so much that he couldn't bring up anymore.

The daedra prince continued to laugh like a child. She then revealed some further answers. "Of course, you wouldn't have done this yourself, so I gave you a little push. I replaced your heart with that of a daedra's". Henrik couldn't believe this but he then looked down at his chest. He had an ache coming from it. After what he has seen this was enough to make him believe. "Why did you do this!? Why randomly me!?", fiercely shouted the angry nord. "Random!? Ha! You were targeted. This wasn't random. I was asked to switch your heart. It's a shame that I can't tell you who it was. I would have loved seeing you rip them apart like you did with him. Ha ha ha!", again laughed the daedra prince, while pointing at Tobias's dead body. "Also, go have a look at that shield over there. You'll see a feature that I think you might like". Henrik went over to the shield in great curiosity. The shield showed his reflection on the ball point on the middle of it. It showed his face but with one simple change. His irises were now red, like blood. Henrik tried to rub his eyes to get it off but to no avail, they were still there. He then noticed that his mouth was covered in blood. He realized he was the one that tried to eat the body. His body wanted to puke but he had already thrown up most of his appetite.

He walked back to his former position in the room. He looked around in panic, fear and disgust. He went on the ground and started hitting it with all his might. "Wake up! Wake up!" Every shout and hit was useless. This was real and not a dream. The daedra prince laughed and laughed again and again, with each one being a devilish laugh. "This is not a dream. You have one week to find your former heart or you'll end up like your better half.", she said. Putting sarcasm on the "better half" bit. "Bit of advice. Retrace your steps. That might help. Ha ha ha!" Then the voice slowly disappeared and the room lightened up to it's old self.

Henrik couldn't believe what he heard and what he saw. He was panicking with fear and distraught. "plops, plops, plops! What am I going to do!", cursed the, well, cursed nord. He then wiped the blood off his hands and mouth onto some robes in his drawer near him. "Ok, calm down Henrik. I'll just do what she said and retrace my steps.", he said. He couldn't believe he was taking advice from the same person that switched his heart for a daedra's heart but he had no choice. He ran outside in hope of finding some answers as well as his old heart.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts