OOC [18+] Conquer with Fire

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    NO LONGER RECRUITING

"We are old, we are tired. We are ancient, and we are wise, the world taught us to overcome hardships. We demand respect, but we only receive fear, and we confuse the two. The reality we live in is not the reality we want, but the one we deserve, for we are are born evil. We crawl and we fly, we are mere birds, just larger. What separates us from the animals of this world? We crush our prey, for it is weaker then us. We run from our hunter, for we are it's prey, and we are weaker then him.
    But if we are weaker than him, then why has he failed? Why do I still live to speak from the frozen peak I am sitting on, and why are they celebrating his failure, while others cry at it? We are the dragons, and we have been brought to the end."
    -Paarthurnax

Skyrim is a shadow of its former self. The Dragonborn died in Sovngarde, and his soul was devoured by Alduin. He is now unstoppable, as his army of dragons clouds the sky of Tamriel. The Reach has fallen. Markarth, the Forsworn, the Orcs, they are now venerating the dragons. According the local rumors, Falkreath is next, and yet the Nords are fighting each other in Civil War. But, there is still hope for humanity. To stop the horde of dragons, Orcs, Forsworn and Draugr, The Blades and The Graybeads joined together, creating the dragonslayer pack named The Sons of Sword. A group of handpicked warriors that are willing to save Tamriel, and end the plague of the Dragons.
    Dare you join them, and venture in the chaos in the name of peace?

----------------------------------------

This roleplay is going to be an ambitious one, a very long and storied one. It will focus a lot on character development, and in the story there are going to be many plot twists, betrayals, drama, etc.
    I'm co-writing this with EpicVakarian and Jo'rak Vanedi.
    I will be very particular at who is accepted into this roleplay. I will be looking for roleplayers with good grammar, the ability to post regularly, and the level of skill expected of any roleplayer. I apologize if I seem high and mighty, but I have high hopes for this roleplay. I also apologize in advance if your application is not accepted. It is in no way a reflection of personal bias or a reflection of your skill as a roleplayer, so do not feel dejected or saddened. There isn't a specific number or slots, however I'd like to have at least 6 people before I start, and I wouldn't want more then 10. To apply for this advanced roleplay, please follow the rules below.

RULES

1. All general forum, and role play rules apply. Please keep that in mind.

2. Power playing (or, "god modding") will not be tolerated. Give your character reasonable abilities and skills. Do not make them knowledgeable of information they cannot possibly know. A realistic character with believable flaws is much more likable and interesting.

3. Please try to remain active in the thread. Post regularly, at the very least once every other day. If you need to leave for any amount of time, please be sure to let me know. DO NOT apply if you cannot commit or think you will drop out at a later date. There are enough half-finished and abandoned roleplays out there, I don't plan on adding anymore.

4. Be fair to your fellow role players. Try to make sure all participants are included.

5. Please keep all posts consistent with the content and lore of The Elder Scrolls.

6. This is a MATURE thread, rated 18+. Profanity, violence, disturbing images, and sexual themes will be included, so please be advised.

7. So long as any profanity or sexual themes are included both tastefully, reasonably and at the best of discretion they will be accepted.

8. Please try to use proper spelling, grammar, and sentence structure. Type your posts in a word processor for proof reading if it will help. This makes posts easier and better to read. I will be expecting this of all players, so please keep that in mind when applying.

9. As long as you are capable of doing it, you can roleplay with 2 and maximum 3 characters at once. However you cannot take control of a fellow roleplayer's characters without his direct permision.

10. In this RP I will not have a character, so goes the lack of my CC. I will be playing the mastermind, and let your characters interact the way they please. What this means is that I will be playing the as enviroment, mainly the dragons(there's going to be a lot of them) and important NPCS such as the graybeards and the blades. I can also take the role of minor NPCS like barkeepers if I feel the need to. I am co-writing this roleplay with Epic Vakarian and Jo'rak Vandeni, they will take care of a lot of IC information you cannot hope to get.

CAST
    Blackdoom59 as The Mastermind
    Epic Vakarian as Faervel
    Andre Marek as Himself
    shadowkitty as Indari Shadow-Cat
    Hlif 'Ulfr as Brynn Raoulfr and Hlif 'Ulfr
    Valin Oakthorn as Bjulf Elves-Blood
    WolfBane as Mance
    tdatapina as Mikom Light-Foot
    Drasok Ghett as Andrew

RESERVED SLOTS
    Irishman
    Jo'rak

Zancrow Dorgoneel

The New God
    Is there a certain Character sheet to follow? if so could you make a example, if not that is cool too :3

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    Is there a certain Character sheet to follow? if so could you make a example, if not that is cool too :3

There aren't many things your character must follow. I'd expect he must have some reason to join the group - if you can mention it in the CC that would be nice. Also this RP is heavily based on combat, so I'd like characters that can handle themselves in battle, not harmless nobles or writers.

If you want an example, look at my blog and you will find a lot of Character cards there.

Otherwise, here is the basic info your CC should have in it.

Name:
    Race: [You must follow the lore of The Elder Scrolls here, also it would be a bad idea if you make your character something you can't pick at the character screen - such as a falmer]
    Alignment:
    Sex:
    Personality:
    Appearence:
    Afflictions:
    Gear:
    Skills:
    Story:

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    Also, If I hadn't rped with you before, please understand that I must know the way you write. So either provide me with a link to a RP you've took part in, or write a sample.

UnLonged

True to the Name
    This looks neat. I'm only in one RP so I can dedicate myself to this - assuming I get accepted, of course.

Andre Marek

You can run, but you'll only die tired...
    This looks pretty good. I think I'll get Marek's CC up in a bit. He's only in one other RP so it'll be good to write him again.

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    It seems we have to fight for our spot... Better make a DAMN good CC now!

Andre Marek

You can run, but you'll only die tired...
    NAME: Andre Marek
    SEX: Male
    RACE: Nord
    CLASS: Bounty Hunter

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Andre Marek is 6’4”, 220lbs and has a lean, muscular build, broad shoulders and a tanned complexion. He has dark brown hair that he keeps cut brutally short. His eyes are a pale grey, overshadowed by dark, thick eyebrows, and sits above a long hawk-like nose. His mouth is usually set in a wry scowl, discouraging people from starting conversations with him, and is framed by a wide, strong jaw and a long prominent chin. He usually keeps his facial hair neatly cut down to light stubble. Marek sports a long scar on his left cheek, which stretches from the left corner of his mouth to just before his left ear and still bears a small cut on the bridge of his nose from where it was recently broken.

DISLIKES: Most people, Incompetence, Thalmor, Magic

PERSONALITY: Marek is often described as being stoic, rarely ever allowing others to read his emotions by hiding behind an inscrutable expression of disdain for those around him. He has little patience for anyone, even his employers. Being a bounty hunter by trade, he has no compunctions about violence although he does not always resort to it if an alternative presents itself. Years of negotiating contracts and vying for information from shady underworld associates have sharpened his tongue to the point where he can verbally parry with even the most adept. Marek is very intelligent and enjoys outsmarting his rivals as well as his quarry. There is rarely a situation which he cannot turn in his favour, or in the very least, survive. He has no racial prejudices but he harbours a deep seated hatred and distrust of magic and is slow to trust those who wield it. Marek is a fearsome opponent in close combat and takes pride in his ability to plan for almost any situation but he is prone to underestimating magic users, which he mostly views as dishonorable. Marek is kind of man you want next to you in a fight but wouldn’t necessarily want to invite to any social gathering.

KNOWN SPELLS: None

SKILLS: Master in hand to hand combat as well as an exceptional swordsman. Marek is a skilled woodsman and survivalist and is capable of becoming all but invisible in either a rural or urban setting.

WEAPONS: His preferred and main weapon is his body but he also carries a pair of climbing claws that double as CQB weapons. His most obvious weapon is the long sword which hangs from a worn leather weapons belt at his waist along with a simple ten inch dagger.

MARRAGE: Marek has never been married and with his current career this is unlikely to change.

RELIGIOUS VIEWS: Marek does not worship any gods or daedra but neither does he deny that they exist. He simply does not like the thought of being manipulated by some ‘higher power’.

APPAREL: Black pants and tunic worn under a light weight black leather vest which is additionally reinforced with darkened steel plates on the chest and stomach areas as well as covering his shoulders, collarbone, and back. On his limbs Marek wears gauntlets and grieves of the same darkened steel. Protecting his upper legs is a heavy black leather kama (A kama is a long skirt-like piece of armor which hangs from the belt down to just below the knees. The front is parted to allow for freedom of movement to the wearer.) In place of a helmet he wears a black hood and often hides his features underneath a close fitting mask on the lower half of his face.

MISC. EQUIPMENT: Lock-picks, Climbing claws, Torch

HORSE/NO HORSE: No horse

HOME(PLACE): Cyrodiil

HOME(BED): None

WORKS: Marek is not your usual bounty hunter for hire. He has a vested interest in seeing the Thalmor brought to heel and will not accept any contracts from the Dominion or their thralls. He is currently working in Skyrim during the bloody civil war.

WEALTH: His years collecting some of the most valuable and dangerous bounties in both Cyrodiil and Skyrim have made him quite wealthy and there are few black market resources which he cannot access.

WEEKLY ROUTINES: None

STORKCLOAK/IMPERIAL LEGION: Marek favours the Imperial Legion mostly because his father was a member but also because he finds the Stormcloaks lack of discipline and narrow-mindedness frustrating.

COLLEGE OF WINTERHOLD: No

COMPANIONS: No

DARK BROTHERHOOD: Marek is not a member of the organization but he is one of the few in Skyrim who does direct business with them in the form of acquiring contracts that they have not yet completed or when they feel that they require a bit more muscle to complete a job.

THIEVES GUILD: Again, Marek is not a member but he has contacts in the guild which he uses for information gathering purposes.

BACKGROUND STORY: Andre Marek was born into a Nordic family living in Cyrodiil before the Great War. During his childhood his father who was a member of the Imperial Legion, taught him how to handle a sword as well as started him hunting. He was in fact out hunting on the day that his family was killed by the elves and has since harboured a bitter resentment of the Dominion. During the war he saw firsthand the kind of destruction that magic users could unleash, having witnessed Thalmor Agents slaughter whole villages. He vowed that he would never become tainted by what he saw as unnatural and wholly evil powers.

After the fighting died down and the Empire signed the White Gold Concordat, he took to traveling between the cities of Cyrodiil and offering his services as a bounty hunter to track down and return fleeing fugitives. During this time he discovered the identities of the Thalmor who had killed his parents. After tracking the agents for several days they became aware of his presence, captured Marek and subjected him to cruel tortures both magical and otherwise. The agents decided that he knew nothing of value and left him for dead. After stumbling through the woods for a whole night barely alive he collapsed in a farmer’s field.

When the farmer discovered him he offered him a place to stay and recover. When he was recovered enough to continue his job as a bounty hunter, he set out to become strong enough to one day kill the Agents responsible.

Mareks abilities quickly earned him many contracts with several members of the Imperial courts. Many of the contracts were capture only, forcing Marek to learn new ways to apprehend his quarry. After hearing of the impending war in Skyrim he decided to travel north in the hopes of making his fortune capturing fugitives and hopefully discover the whereabouts of his parents killers. After several years of searching the province he eventually discovered the location of the Thalmor agents. This time he showed no quarter. Marek killed the agents after a long chase and brutal fight , thus ending his crusade.

Having heard about the recent death of the Dragonborn, Marek has decided that his attention would be best devoted to doing what he can to prevent the end of Nirn. Word of a group of warriors called the Blades have taken up the fight in the Dragonborns wake and are requesting that any capable warriors aid them in the struggle. Marek is now tracking the group down in order to offer his services.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    This is my colour for RP
    Name: Indari Shadow-Cat
    Race: Nord
    Sexuality: straight

Hometown: small settlement in the Rift south from Riften. Now lives wherever the road takes her.

Class: Rogue, fighter, scout. Has taken the occasional assassination job.

Alliances: a nord but raised away from the civil war, wants no part of it. Is fascinated by the writings about the dragons.

Magic: knows a little, can produce a small flame and a bit of healing.

Weapons: Primary – Archer Crossbow her father had made for her birthday, she can also use it as a melee weapon due to the dragonbone spikes on it, secondary - one handed (ebony sword that was her father’s). Indari is an excellent archer and a good person to have as a scout and a backup in the shadows. She can fall back on her sword if in close quarter melee.

crossbow.png

Appearance and Dress: as in picture below, but with crossbow slung on her back and ebony sword at her side. Also she has longer and lighter blonde hair, with deep blue eyes. She also wears a heavy travellers cloak when on the road, and carries a leather satchel.

Giles-Ruscoe-The-Rogue.png

This is not my picture, all credits go to the artist.

Bio: Indari was raised by her father, as her mother had died when she was just a baby. Her father, a former soldier in the civil war (Stormcloak) raised her as best he could and that meant training her in the ways of the battle. She is proficient in using a sword but she prefers her crossbow. One day while she was out hunting, her small village was attacked by a dragon and everyone in it slaughtered. In her father’s last dying breaths he bequeathed to her his ebony sword and made her swear to avenge the deaths of them all.

Indari, overwhelmed by her father’s request, desperately travelled the province of Skyrim, seeking out any knowledge of dragons she could find, be it in the written word or from the stories of those whom she met along the way. She wants to find the dragon that destroyed her village so that her father’s spirit can rest in peace. Along the way, she has been forced to take on odd jobs, some of them not so reputable, in order to survive. She has lost her way and is in need of a guiding hand to help her back on her path. She feels the new alliance between the Blades and the Greybeards could be her salvation.

Traits: Good – Indari will try anything and is not afraid of hard work. She is a fiercely loyal friend to those that can break down her walls and gain her trust. She is extremely good at blending into the background and is therefore a good person to send in as a scout, or sniper. Usually happy and likes a drink.

Bad – She often misjudges people and has been taken advantage of once or twice, so she is a little wary when she meets new people. She can be stubborn and a little ruthless when in battle. She is feisty and likes the company of men and would argue that this was not a bad trait at all. She can appear to be insensitive to others feelings at times but she is actually a little naïve when it comes to personal relationships.

Hope you like it, if you want to know anything else, please ask :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts