[Help Plz] Enchanted Ring Question

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno
[Solved]

Last edited:

JoeReese

I've steered clear of this, because I don't know the answer, but it appears I'm not alone.
I don't believe you can assign an enchantment 'charge' so to speak, to be depleted with use, for anything non-weapon. If you can, I haven't seen or heard of it yet, and I don't recall seeing any other mods with this as an option.

That being said, as a wild guess, you could try enchanting the ring with a staff enchantment as a conjuration weapon (conjure familiar or something) and then add the other effects to the spell box. I have done spells that do conjuration, mage armor, health increases, and magic resistances at once, so I don't know if it will establish a weapon-like charge or not, but it's worth a quick experiment. I'd suggest first trying it in a brand-new plugin. If it works, use it as a guide to reproduce it in your mod. If now, flush it and it's not a mess for you.

Hellknight Anna

Empress of the Inferno
Oh well I guess I should've marked this solved or some such... but I ended up putting the Wraith Form as a 1/day Power instead of the ring. I did manage to make it so if you put the ring on you gain an additional 1/day wraith form power but.... un-equipping and then re-equipping the ring just refreshes that power (so I removed that from the ring for now). If I can figure how to make it only truly once per day, then I can put it back on but my guess is that I'll have to look into the game's core scripts used for actual 1/day powers and such.. :\

JoeReese

Yeah, you're waaaaay out of my league with that stuff. Good luck, though. I did try an experiment with a staff enchantment...no luck. If it's not designated a "weapon" by the game, it just doesn't want to take it, at least for me.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts