OOC (+18)The shadow realm(recruiting)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

hershangames

Hey guys! I made an RP last week but since no one applied I figured I'd do some recruiting. This is the intro:

The shadow realm was an underground kingdom that had been created by the khajit Hershan exactly 20 years ago. It was first an association between the Dark Brotherhood and the thieves guild, but they soon started working g as a single entity and they absorbed all criminal groups.
    After Hershan killed the emperor of Tamriel, he left his trhone of darkness for no apparent reason. Loki, the one who was going to temporarily replace him, soon claimed to be the shadow king, and ordered to kill Hershan.
    But no one ever found him.

Twenty years later, people are dissapearing leaving no traces, and communication has been lost with several towns. Those who know of its existence, blame the shadow realm, but many think it's all an attempt of war from the thalmor.

Yesterday, a company of soldiers marches from whiterun to one of the lost villages, only to find it destroyed, but with no corpses. The news quickly spread like powder throughout all of Skyrim and the people's discomfort keeps growing.
    There are rumours of a riot being prepared at Riften because of the impotence of the authorities against the current threat.

What is going to happen?
    -------------------------------------------
    I was thinking on making this RP a mistery one story. You know, like, try to discover what's going on, with dangers jumping at every corner?

Anyway tell me if you're interested.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

casines49

Sorrow dagger, a Dark brother hood scout, travels to Riften in order to gather information on the riot, after all information pays well these days...especially when some facts are twisted to anger the right people in the right places...and gain leverage for possible black mail when things get nasty...

Hope that hit the right setting, I'm new to this

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

hershangames

Yeah it did hit the right setting, it's pretty good. But I'll need your CC more than anything to get an idea of your character.

hershangames

It's short for character chart. It's the way people introduce their characters, here let me show you mine:

Name: Hershan
    Race: khajit
    Class: assasin
    Height: 1,75m/ 5,8 f
    Weight: 89,50k/196 lbs
    Build: very strong on arms and legs
    Laterality: right handed
    Sexuality: heterosexual
    Marital status: married, but he abandoned his wife
    Properties: a house in whiterun
    Affiliations: none
    Afflictions: he doesn't trust anyone, constant sense of danger
    Habits: manipulating people just for the feeling of it, flipping a coin
    Positive traits: strategist, almost impossible to lie at, stealthy
    Negative traits: coldness, lack of trust in others
    Likes/loves: high places, power
    Hates: treason, misery
    Fears: unknown
    Aspirations: to be emperor of tamriel
    Personality: greatly ambitious and able to talk through things, but at the same time he's very mysterious and when he fights, an aura of darkness.
    He kills without mercy anyone that anyone who gets in the middle of his goals, but he's unable of killing anyone who he gets a liking for.

Appearance:
    Hair lenght: hair covers his head, stopping right above his eyebrows in the front, covers his ears on the side, and reaches the middle of his neck in the back
    Hair color: black
    Facial hair: none
    Eye color: black
    Skin color: Mediterranean
    Casual attire: long black tunic with hood that shadows his face
    Armor: nightingale armor, except for shrouded gloves

Skills:
    Master:stealth
    Expert: illusion, lockpicking, one handed(dual wielding)
    Adept: speech
    Apprentice: archery

Gear: set of daggers(blade of woe and frost ebony dagger) and set of swords(nightingale blade and childrend)
    History:
    Not much is know about Hershan, only that he's the one who created the shadow realm and that he ruled as the shadow king for some years.
    As of now, no one knows where he is, he vanished leaving no trace.

casines49

Hey dude I got a couple busy days coming up at work so I'm not going to be able to put as much time into this as I'd like, but afterwards I'm game!

casines49

Ok so... name: sorrow dagger
    Master: stealth, speech
    Expert: Alchemy, lock picking, Archery
    Adept: dual wielding daggers, pick pocket
    Apprentice: cant think of anything so I'm leaving this blank (not like apprentice level skills are very trustworthy)

Gear: Thieves guild armor, shrouded gloves, muffled boots, and a black hood with a bonus for archery. Nightingale bow, glass arrows. Twin set of glass daggers with devour health enchantment.

Sorrow dagger is a twin agent for the thieves guild as well as the dark brotherhood. His shadowy nature allows him to get close to the clients he needs to to either make a kill or make a steal. He is very well spoken as well which allows him to slip by guards and find out juicy rumors or info. Life is a gamble to sorrow dagger, and he has a knack for finding himself on the winning side...wherever that may be

hershangames

Hmm quite a good character. Now tell me, in this story, would you rather take an antagonist, opportunist or good guy?

hershangames

Really sorry for not saying anything for so long, but I'm afraid I'll be off for one more week. In part because I'm busy, but also because I'd like more people joining in before doing anything. Just two is way too few for an RP.

Pufftuff

Name: Tallon-Ra

Race:Argonian

Class:Assassin(Ex Shadow Scale)/Thug

Religion:Worships no deity. Money is power.

Equipment/Magic/Tools:Still wears his old all black Shadow Scale armor, wearing a long Dark Red trench coat most of the time to keep his assassin armor covered. At any time he carries about 30-40 specially crafted throwing knives. Occasionally he has a pair of glass daggers on him.

Appearance: He stands at about 5'9" weighing a lean strong 155lbs. He has a strange almost black scale coloration with a very dark green on the edges. A short round snout, and short horns covering most of his head. He also has mint green eyes with very thin reptilian pupils. He has one deep scar on his neck.

Personality: Tallon is dangerous and arrogant, and fairly intelligent. He is selfish and ruthless doing anything to further his own goals. He see's most people as means to an end never quite connecting with anyone making him a great killer but hard to get along with.

History/Background: Like so many other Argonians he was taken as a hatchling and trained to be an assassin, a Shadow Scale. Tallon excelled at stealth and hand to hand combat, studying martial arts and unarmed combat. After training for 16 years he was dispatched to Skyrim to the Dark Brotherhood there. The hope was that fresh blood might help bring the farther drifting branch back to the codes of the other branches. After four years in the Brotherhood in Skyrim, Tallon left caring only for the challenge and money of the contracts, he to lost the code of the Brotherhood.

After he left he joined a group of bandits just outside of Falkreath, they took all they wanted and killed all who tried to stop them. Quickly Tallon had more grand dreams for this band of thugs. The leader, Mogash a large and imposing Orc grew tired of Tallon trying to under mind him constantly. Tallon and the Orc fought for leadership of the group Tallon completely unarmed and without a scratch killed the strong yet slow and dimwitted Orc. The group of Bandits became infamous in the Hold under the young Argonian's command. In less than a year after he assumed control a bounty was placed on his head. Veezara the other Shadowscale from the Brotherhood took the contract. In the dead of night Veezara snuck into Tallon's tent, pulled out a blade and as he was about to cut his kin's throat; Tallon swept with his tail and tripped Veezara, the blade drug across his throat leaving a deep cut. Tallon and Veezara tussled for a few min before Tallon gained the upper hand he laid a flurry of punches and escaped. Veezara assumed by the cut and the amount of blood that his target will die in the woods.

Disappearing after the attempt on his life Tallon reappears in Riften. He now leads what can only be called a gang they had their hands in everything; Extortion, theft, assassinations, and the skooma trade. To say he stepped on a few toes would be an understatment. Tallon not only gave orders but worked jobs with his men and women earning great respect and fear throughout the hold. But taking on the Black-briars and Thieves guild proved to be the eventual downfall of his group. Though through money and his reputation he still commands respect from the underworld of Skyrim.

Specialty: Tallon Specializes in unarmed hand to hand combat and the use of throwing knives. Stealth in a huge part of his tactics and his success. He struggles when he doesn't get a jump on his opponents and magic users.

Skills:
    Master:Unarmed combat, Stealth
    Expert:Throwing knives, Alchemy (Poisons),
    Adept: Persuasion, Dual Daggers

hershangames

Great CC, I like the back story.

Well, now that we are three I think we can wait a few more days to see if anyone else joins and if not we can start the RP.

Name: Ra'zul
    Race: khajiit
    Class: Heavy
    Religion: Talos/Mara
    Equipment: Dwemer armor. Dwemmer great sword. Two silver swords. Steel crossbow. Red cape and hood enchanted with fire cloak. Ring of Hircine.
    Appearance: At almost seven feet tall Ra'zul strikes an imposing figure. Weighing 250lb most horses quake in his presence. His naturally grey fur conceals his age black stripes cover his head and face. His deep yellow eyes are capable of kind brightness or indescernable rage.
    Personality: Known by the people, friends, and allies as a kind and generous man. But to his enemies he is a warrior to be feared. Heroic and righteous by nature he strives to smite that which is evil and help those in need. A natural leader, but a lone warrior by choice.
    History: Found upon a stormy mountain pass as an infant by a mysterious cloaked figure he was sent to honorhall orphanage where he grew up. Raised by Grellad the kind back in a time when she lived up to her title until she became a widower many years later.
    Ra'zul was always angered by the treatment of his people. Simple caravans and refugees barred from the holds of skyrim. When he became old enough he joined them. He trained for many years to defend his fellows from the dangers of skyrim. And he became quite adept and strong.
    A bandit raid upon his caravan left him the only survivor. Upon finding a heavily wounded Ra'zul holding his brothers with tears in his eyes, Kodlak the young new harbinger of the companions saw potential in this warrior.
    Ra'zul was taken into the companions and eventually the emporers own Penitus Oculas. He fought in the bloody war with the Thalmor and defended the emporers life on many occasions. The emporer became the father he'd never had.
    Ra'zul was dispatched to fight in the civil war and was captured by storm cloak forces.

(Wasn't done)
    He was released after the end of the war. Only to learn the emporer he had served had been murdered by an assassin. Upon his return to the orphanage he he discovered that Grelade had been murdered as well. He investigated the path of related deaths and thievery speaking to witnesses trying to find the culprit.
    Eventually he coerced a strange jester into revealing the culprits name. A name that was now famous across the nine holds of skyrim.
    Dovahkin.
    And thus he swore vengeance, he vowed to bring the alleged "hero" to justice.
    Specialty: Beast blood.
    Skills
    Master: Speech, two handed swords, heavy armor.
    Expert: one handed (dual wielding to be specific)
    Adept: Smithing, archery, blocking.

hershangames

Pretty cool CC, only thing I find is it's a bit overpowered.
    Don't misunderstand I don't want a weakling, just not someone capable of beating all the other characters.

Maybe lower his skills or change his equipment a bit?

Sorry my phone freaked the f*** out. Anyways what if I drop the ring or Hircine and take the fire cloak enchantment and make it a cloak of magic resistance. Also redo my skills.
    Master: Two handed swords, Blocking
    Expert: Speech
    Adept: Dual wielding
    Apprentice: Archery, Smithing

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts