Private (18+) The Shadow Lord Rises

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Destiny

The Fox
    15 years after the events that happened in Skyrim, there was peace and prosperity in all of Tamriel. The Dragonborn became High King and ruled over Skyrim, watching over it and caring about his people. The Dark Brotherhood bloomed and prospered again, the Companions became an even more honorable guild and expanded a lot, the College of Winterhold is well respected and well acclaimed and contribued to the prosperity and the magical advancement, the Theives Guild had grown and taken on lots of new recruits, The Empire had worked with the stormcloaks to wipe out the Aldmeri Dominion's rule of skyrim. All was fair and all was great untill one day, when the High King conversed with the Jarls on an annual celebration in honour of the Dragonborn and the things that he had done for Skyrim, a mysterious man walked in the room and announced to everyone that if they did not worship him as a god, he would destroy Skyrim and leave only ruins and ashes in his pass. The Dragonborn confronted him but he fell from the power that the man had. He started wrecking havoc with his Shadows and manipulating the people's thoughts, some considered him a god, others thought of him as a threat, others were afraid of him and others wanted to kill him.Skyrim has fallen into dark times and every one thought that it was the end of the peace. But There came a prophecy that told of a few artifacts that , combined, could defeat him. Only the breavest adventurers tried to obtain them and they failed.With the Dragonborn dead and no one else willing to speack up and challenge the Shadow Lord, all hope is lost. His minions are everywhere, lurking into the night, killing and abducting innocent people. The Future of Skyrim is hanging on a thread and is nearing destruction as the Shadow Lord only becomes stronger as the days pass. They need someone to save them, all of them.
    Cast:
    Destiny as
    Destiny-Viper
    Viserion as
    Ace Wavern
    Simus as
    Tali Riana
    TheCaptain as John Brunwulf
    Pufftuff as
    Raz'gul Bloodfist
    Toxius as
    Aiden Mareese
    Blackdoom59 as
    Allen Woodcroft
    Drahkma as​
    Ardus Carn
    ecozombie as
    Serah Estiph

Enjoy...

Destiny

The Fox
    It was a beautiful moonlit night, right outside of Riften , in the vast forest, over a body of water, two figures atop a tree blending with the environment, relaxed and small whispers could be heard. “I’m afraid they will come and get me again” a female voice said. “You worry too much Destiny, no one will come! And if they do, they will have to face me and my daggers.” A man barely in his 20s said. “Thanks Shadow, you know that you are the best brother, huh?” She said hugging him tightly. “I know…” He said chuckling, “now, let’s go to finish the job”. She nodded excitedly, feeling the Adrenaline of the moment rise as they silently sprinted towards the boat that was resting on the shore of the lake, a great mansion could be seen from afar. “Goldenglow Estate” Destiny said, her ice-blue eyes shining in the moonlight. They hopped on the boat and quickly but silently reached the shore near the Estate, they spoke in hand signals and through code. “Stay low” he signaled her. She nodded and they crept all the way to the sewer entrance that another thief had spotted earlier that week. As Shadow carefully raised the cover an intense stench came from inside, Destiny shrugged her nose in disgust, took a deep breath and accented the ladder. They crept for a while until they found themselves in another ladder, they quickly but silently exited and were right outside the house, Shadow quickly sprinted trying not to make a lot of noise and started picking the lock quickly “Go for the hives” he signaled her, she donned her hood and sneaked all the way to the hives, when she finally reached the hives she saw a mercenary coming her way, she set on 3 of them small flames that would eventually spread and destroy them and took out her daggers sneaking over to the guard and slitting his throat and continuing on her way. When she reached the front of the house again she saw Shadow “Good Job” Destiny whispered. They entered the house and by sneaking reached a room where a lot of mercenaries were sitting, drinking mead and chatting. “Do I really have to do this?” She asked him. “I hate it, but there is no other way around it” he said. She frowned at him, made her cloak into a cape and lowered her hood, revealing her armor. “I hate how I ALWAYS have to do this, yet it bothers you” She whispered. He almost laughed but didn’t want to blow their cover, she straightened up, no longer crouching and walked into the room. She cleared her throat and said “ Sorry that I came in without notice but I was traveling and I was hoping to find a place to spend the night, do you know where the owner is?” She said, looking upset but inside, she was sizing every one of them up, there were six of them. “Piece of cake.” She thought to herself.
    “He is in Whiterun, but you’re more than welcome to sit with us” One of them said coming closer to her with a smirk on his face. The others agreed in excitement
    “Disgusting” She thought to herself. “Great” She said smiling and walking towards a seat, putting her charm on and trying to look as slutty and desirable as she could. There were slight whispers and whistling between the mercenaries. She sat down next to the head of the group, a large muscular ork. “I hate what I’m about to do” she though, then turned to him and said “I don’t know how to thank you for letting me stay here!” She said with a slutty look on her face. He turned to her, examining her from top to bottom and sometimes pausing his stare “No problem… Well there could be something” He said giving her a slight grin “Follow me and I'll thank you the proper way” She said to him, guiding him to the room that she was with Shadow earlier. She entered and closed the door behind them and when the Ork turned his back to the rest of the room and faced Destiny, Shadow snook behind him and stabbed him, right in the spine, just to kill him immediately and quietly. “Thanks “ she said smiling and brushing her hair with her fingers awkwardly. “No problem, now for the rest…” he said pointing to the door. “Easy"she said unsheathing her daggers and walking quickly in the next room taking out 3 of them without alarming the rest, which were drunk. Shadow took out the rest and they walked up the stairs and into the room with the safe “I can’t believe that we are going to do this AGAIN….”Thank god we have the key” She took a small key out of her right satchel and unlocked the safe, revealing a letter. They took it and made their way back to Riften.

They walked towards the old graveyard and made their way in the mausoleum, they pressed the button in the carvings, walked down the stairs and then sealed the entrance again by pulling the chain and descended the ladder. A large circular room was revealed with several beds and doors. “Home sweet home they both said at the same time dropping their cloaks and satchels on their beds. “I’m so tired” He said to her. “Tired? I did all the work” She said pissed at him. “No you didn’t!”. “What’s going on here? Do I have to break up the fight again?” A familiar voice said, she turned around and saw Brynjolf “Brynjolf!” she exclaimed happily. “How are you big brother?” Shadow asked him. “It’s been a while scince you had a fight. How did the mission go? Did you get the note lass?” “Of course” Destiny said proudly , taking out the perfectly folded Sale contract. “It’s changing hands Again?” He said, slightly irritated. “I guess so” Shadow replied, his voice had started to weaken… “Alright, you’re free to go, but no fighting!” he said jokingly. They both grabbed a towel and sprinted towards the baths “Oh no you won’t!” She said trying to cut him off as soon as the corridor was starting to narrow. They entered the room which was soaking with steam, peeled off their armors and immersed themselves in two different stone tubs, silent for some time.
    “My back is killing me” Shadow was seriously in pain, ever since the fight that he had with a guard he was suffering from back pains. Destiny rose from her nightshade and rose scented bath and covered herself with a towel, tying in on the side and walked to Shadow. “Just relax and let me do what I do...” She started massaging his back “Thank you, I owe you one” He said, sounding slightly relieved. “No you don’t, you help me, I help you. Remember that?” she said with a tone of calmness in her voice, “You sound just like mum…” he said, a small hint of nostalgia in his voice. “I know, I miss her too… Both her and Dad” Tears welled up in her eyes and she was ready to cry, a small teardrop fell right on top of Shadow’s shoulder. “Don’t cry… Stay strong, you hear?” He said as he turned around and hugged his sister “It’s just that… I’ve had enough… of being afraid that the Shadow Lord will come back to take me back, that those bandits will kill you too.. that I will be left alone in the world, I’m tired of everything!” She said as she raised her head and faced her brother “I know… I feel the same way, I know how you feel!” he said, calmly and caringly.
    After they both calmed down and bathed properly, they headed towards the center of the main room where they went to sit down with the rest of the young members of the Guild.
    “How did the mission go?” Phoenix said, flashing a smile in the direction of Destiny. “It was fine, I guess…” She answered. He made a move to embrace her but she dogged it “Don’t even think about it!” She said. “Still not getting the hint?” Shadow said as he sat down and noted Destiny to sit next to him “Hmph” Phoenix said. “How did you handle all of those mercenaries?” Ruby said with a slight admiration towards them, they were the Twin Shadows after all… Shadow laughed and Destiny stirred awkwardly on her seat. “Well… The usual way” Shadow said indicating Destiny by having his hand over Destiny ,pointing at her. Small laughs and notes on that could be heard.

They continued the conversation for a while, while Destiny and Shadow were narrating their every step to their friends who were listening eagerly, anxious to learn some of the twin’s tactics. The rest of the members were doing the usual things, some were practicing, others were dipping their feet in the warm water, others conversed about their missions, others drunk, others ate, others cooked, all was perfect that night.

Viserion

The Light and Darkness Dragon
    It was a night at the town that was built around the Heartwood Mill. Some screams echoed in the night. The edge of the town was on fire. * Sniff Sniff Grunt * There was movement at the rooftops, a figure that was not human. It moved with inhuman speed until it spotted three guards near the exit. * Grunt Sniff * The guards were frightened and were shouting at each other ‘’ What the hell was that thing ‘’ ‘’ Why do you ask me, how am I supposed to know ‘’ there was a lot of tension. * Grunt Snap Snap * ‘’ Wait, I think I heard something ‘’ the third guard whispered and turned ‘ fl*ff you man, don’t scare me like that ‘’ the first shouted. The figure moved itself again so that it could see them again * Grunt… Sniff * ‘’ GRAAAAAAARRGHHHH ‘’ and that terrifying roar echoed all over the area. ‘’ SHOOT IT DOWN ‘’ and immediately the guards released their arrows. The figure dodged them and then seemed to stop ‘’ What is it doing? ‘’ ‘’ I got no idea, quick nock another arrow! ‘’ but then they turned at horror when they saw that the figure started glowing red. ‘RUN ‘’ the second shouted before a torrent of flames enveloped them. ‘ Damn… it ‘’ the last guard crawled to a nearby fence and tried to stand. The figure walked out of the flames holding something at its mouth ‘’ What are you… HOLLY pl*ps ‘’ It was an arm, and the figure swallowed it. ‘’ M… Monster ‘’ It moved closer ‘’ Stay away from me! ‘’ he shouted and shot his last arrow. It caught it between its jaws and broke it ‘’ No… ‘’ the guard lisped. The figure was now over him. As it opened his mouth, the guard shouted ‘’ No please, NO… NOOOOAAAAARRRGHHHH ‘’. A nearby house fell to the flames that devoured hungrily the wood.

The sun has risen revealing a beautiful morning. Ace woke up and yawned. Before he could do anything more, he lost his balance and fell from the tree headfirst on the snow. ‘’ Owww, at least I fell somewhere soft ‘’ but then he paused. ‘’ DAMN, IT IS COLD ‘’ he shouted and surrounded himself in flames melting the snow. ‘’ Why was I up there, wasn’t I sleeping in the inn of Heartwood Town? ‘’ he wondered. Then he noticed blood in his arms. ‘’ … OCTAVIAN!! ‘’ he shouted ‘’ Morning partner, had a nice sleep? ‘’ that irritated Ace more ‘’ First, why is there blood on my arms and ‘’ he spat ‘’ in my mouth, second, why was I on a tree and last and most important, why am I surrounded by snow? ‘’ the dragon was in silence. After a few minutes he replied ‘’ I was hungry ‘’ like that explained it all, well it pretty much did to Ace, they shared the same body after all. ‘’ Pfff, where are we now and why is there snow ? ‘’ ‘’ I passed Snow Shod Farm on my way here, then I stopped. As for the snow, I know how much you like it, partner ‘’ ‘’ At least you stayed on course ‘’ Ace sighed ‘’ How much longer is Riften from here? ‘’ the dragon remained silent again, but after some seconds, there was a weird sound, like puffing ‘’ Don’t go sleeping on me when I ask you questions you little winged fire- breathing lizard ‘’ that seemed to shock the dragon ‘’ Don’t address me like that mortal, I am Octavian, the gold dragon, I am… ‘’ ‘’ A kid, by dragon standards at least, so could you please shut it and answer my question? ‘’ ‘’ For you? You should be there by afternoon ‘’ ‘’ Ok, have a good sleep ‘’ ‘’ Yeah, talk to you later, see ya ‘’ and with that, the dragon’s presence vanished from his mind. Ace straightened his clothes ‘’ That little brat ‘’ he smiled and started running. As he ran, he thought of the reason he wanted to go to Riften in the first place. ‘’ Information on the Shadow Lord ‘’ . It was early afternoon when he arrived at Riften, just like Octavian predicted. He walked by the streets of the city ears open of anything suspicious. ‘’ So then, from when should we start ‘’ he immediately felt the pressure of the dragon’s mind inside his head ‘’ How about getting yourself ready for battle, we are being followed ‘’ Ace stopped in a store and bought a potion. ‘’ I just saw them, one behind me and one on the rooftops ‘’ ‘’Turn in there, if you are to engage battle then you should not do it in plain sight ‘’ ‘’ Don’t go off giving me orders ‘’ Ace turned at the corner and entered a deep alley. At the end, there was a dead end where he stopped. ‘’ I know you are there ‘’ he turned and saw a man that was standing in front of him. Then another figure fell from the rooftop, it was a woman. ‘’ We do not want to hurt you ‘’ the man told him ‘’ You are outnumbered, give us your belongings, we have a mission ‘’ and drew a bow. Before anything happened, the woman charged at him with two daggers at hand. He quickly dodged and summoned his staff and held it at his left hand. She slashed again at him and blocked her dagger with his staff. He then snapped the fingers of his right hand and a burst of flames hit the wall behind the woman. She barely dodged it. Ace then ducked avoiding an arrow that hit the wall next to him. He then saw the woman who attacked him with one dagger. He blocked it again but then she aimed her other dagger at him. He smiled and spinned his staff knocking her other dagger off her hand. He looked at her, and she smiled anticipating such a trick. She had a dagger in her mouth and she whispered ‘’ I got you now, all calculated ‘’ but then he smiled as well. That was when the fire from his earlier attack reached a bottle of oil and exploded, intercepting the woman’s attack. She looked at him, her face full of surprise ‘’ That attack before was…? ‘’ at that instant Ace looked at her eyes ‘’ All calculated ‘’ he whispered to her and slammed his staff on her back. The enchanted weapon released a small shockwave as it hit her and she fell unconscious on the ground. ‘’ Ria ‘’ the man shouted and released another arrow at Ace. Ace countered it with his fire. But then his attacker shot three arrows at once. Ace burned the one that was aiming for his head, but the two others pinned his arms against the wall. ‘’ Damn you old man, don’t go making my clothes look like a strainer ‘’ he said angrily. The man walked in front of him with a victorious expression on his face. ‘’ Now you cant move or use magic, give me your belongings, you are defenceless ‘’ he said arrogantly. That was enough to enrage Ace. His body temperature rose. He took a deep breath and released a torrent of flames from his mouth. He was careful enough to not inflict a fatal wound but it was enough to leave the man unconscious and with a few burns. Ace then burned the arrows breaking free, he brushed his clothes and turned at his attackers. ‘’ Are you working for the Shadow Lord ? ‘’ Ace wondered. ‘’ No we do not ‘’ Ria replied, she had regained consciousness. ‘’ Who are you working for? Who sent you? ‘’ Ace demanded answers. ‘’ I cannot tell you, but I can swear you that, we do not work for the Shadow Lord ‘’ she replied with determination. Ace could tell that she was being truthful. ‘’ Ok ‘’ he walked next to her and healed her ‘’ Can you walk? ‘’ ‘’ Yeah, I think so, why are you helping me? ‘’ ‘’ Hmm… cuz in order to carry your partner you need to have full use of your legs ‘’ Ace looked at the street ‘’ Also, I got an idea of where you came from ‘’ Ace smiled ‘’ What? ‘’ ‘’ The mausoleum, I recognize that smell ‘’ Ria seemed scared ‘’ No don’t ‘’ But Ace had already left. When he arrived at the mausoleum Ace followed the smell. It went down, the problem was that there was no sign that there was a route beneath him. ‘’ It should be somewhere here, where is it? ‘’ ‘’ You did well, also what are you looking for? ‘’ Octavian said ‘’ Something that would move this piece of rock, the smell comes from down there… oh here it is ‘’ he exclaimed and pressed a round button. The floor opened revealing a stairway. ‘’ Imma going in ‘’ ‘’ Try not to fall of the stairs, will ya? ‘’ Ace laughed and run down the stairs. At the end there was a trapdoor. ‘’ What do you think is in the other side? ‘’ ‘’ A lot of people, that much I can tell from smell ‘’ Ace pushed the door revealing a big room. About 20 people turned at him full of surprise. Ace cleared his throat ‘’ Yoeveryone, how’s it goin? ‘’ ‘’ Genius ‘’ Octavian said in his mind. The members sat up and readied themselves ‘’ Hey, hey wait, I just came here to speak with the big bad boss ‘’ ‘’ That would be me lad ‘’ Ace turned to see a muscular man dressed in black armor standing right behind him. ‘’ Hey, name is Ace. May I ask what is this place and why two of your members tried to rob me? ‘’ a few of the guild members laughed, but then there was complete silence. ‘’ This is the Ragged Flagon’s Cistern home of the Thieves Guild. Now that you mentioned those new members, lad, where are they, eh? ‘’ Ace leaned on the wall ‘’ They are most likely on their way back here, don’t worry, they are not dead. The girl only has a few bruises and the man some burns, but they are not fatal ‘’ ‘’ Aright ‘’ he said ‘’ But if they are seriously injured, I will have your head ‘’ he said pointing a dagger at Ace’s throat. Ace smiled completely unaffected ‘’ Yeah, but the problem is… will your dagger cut my throat? Or will it break on my hard skin ‘’ Ace replied. There was a moment of silence as the two of them looked in each other’s eyes measuring their strength. Then the man laughed and lowered his dagger ‘’ The name is Brynjolf, lad. I like your style. Have a seat, seems like you want to talk ‘’. The two of them sat on a table and started to talk. ‘’ You, the thieves, know a lot of things. I was told that there was a guild here, at Riften, that had information on the Shadow Lord. Seems to me it is yours. I don’t know whether you will share that information with me but I need it. ‘’ Brynjolf sat there silently listening to him. When Ace finished he replied ‘’ I have a good feeling about you lad, I also owe you for not killing my new members, but we don’t know much about him. What will you give me in order to tell you what I know? ‘’ Ace was about to reply but then Octavian kicked in ‘’ You want money? How about I pay you in punches and kicks instead? ‘’ Ace, then got the control again ‘’ Shut it, lizard ‘’ but Octavian has started it again ‘’ Who do you think you are talking to big guy, I am the gold dragon, Octavian. Don’t go thinking you are better than me. I am… ‘’ ‘’ Stupid ‘’ Ace got the control again ‘’ Now stay silent, we have an important conversation here ‘’ then he turned at Brynjolf who seemed confused ‘’ Sorry about that, it is a long story. How much money do you want? ‘’ ‘’ Are you strong? ‘’ Brynjolf asked out of a sudden. Ace was surprised ‘’ I believe I am, I believe we are… ‘’ ‘’ You got that right ‘’ Brynjolf smiled ‘’ At Shor’s Stone there is big house in the center of the town. The one who lives there is allied with the Shadow Lord, but I don’t want to send my comrades there. They know us and they despise us. If you go, bring back any information you could take. ‘’ Ace laughed ‘’ Accepted ‘’ he sat up and prepared to leave ‘’ Oh, one more question ‘’ ‘’ What is it? ‘’ ‘’ I am not a member of the guild, your rules do not apply on me, or do they? ‘’ ‘’ No, they don’t but… why do you ask, lad ? ‘’ Ace’s smile widened ‘’ I got my reasons ‘’

Pufftuff

A tall dark figure stands on a point over looking the river. As the Orc takes a deep breath in and slowly lets it out, you can see the breath exit his body. He takes off his helmet to get a better look down the cliff side, scouting out a potential camp of the shadow lords minions. Taking his time he watches the comings and goings of the men and women, whatever they are now. Counting he thinks to himself, "There is no way I can clear this whole camp alone, but they are far to close to the main road for me to get help". The Orc sets down more of his gear and thinks of a plan.

The Reach never much to look at before the Shadow Lord took power. Always grey and misty, unwelcoming with large ridged cliffs, winding unkempt roads, caves and nooks hiding all sorts of trouble. Wolves and bears were the least of your concerns, the damn Forsworn were everywhere in these hallowed hills and canyons. Markarth once the scene that began a revolution is now the fortress that has for the most part held against the Shadow Lords forces. Time is running out and Markarth will fall......

The Orc has figured out a plan. He doesn't need to kill them all, as much as he would like to. However they need to think he can and scatter. The Orc also wants to know why the Shadow Lord has put so much effort into the Reach which beyond its defensive advantage seems to have no tactical value. With the population weak and hungry the remaining people shoved into the stone embrace of Markarth which in time will be no more than a mass grave. Nothing for the Shadow Lord to need.

The Orc stoic as always and with swiftness and perfection suits up for a fight. Grunting and huffing as he traverses towards the camp as fast as his feet will carry him. Rain begins to fall and a thick mist drop around the camp, by now the camp is on alert as groups and groups of the minions begin to scower the hillside searching for the source of the ruckus. He's now less than 100 yards from the main tent and sees about 10 armed guards holding fast. "That's my mark" he mutters to himself with a fiendish smirk. He moves to a boulder and rests his back against it, turning around the edges to see the guards in front of the tent. Using the walls and boulder to his advantage he lets out a terrifying howl and scream "ARRRGHHHAAAOOOOOOOOO!" as the sound echos around the canyon the minions scatter, then he uses all his might to roll the boulder down the hill crushing 4 guards. He runs to the far side of the tent and tears into it as the other guards rush towards the boulder and their fallen comrades. He is stunned to find standing in front of him a huge beast of a Nord clad in armor and holding a shield as big as his body. The Nord looks him down and says "Such a pity Orc. The Shadow Lord could have made you a general, you could own the Reach instead you will die in it." the Nord uses his head and points behind the Orc. Looking back the Orc sees about 6 or so of the minions now surrounding him. He growls deeply, reaches for his axe, the group takes a step towards him. In one fluid motion he unsheathes his axe cleaving two minions in half in the process. The remaining minions charge at him he drops to a knee and in one more sweep kills them all. The Orc looks up to the Nord, "Why is the Shadow Lord spending so much time and energy to take Markarth" he snarls. The large man responds "My orders are to take Markarth at any cost, I need not know more....". In an instant the large Nord lunges towards the Orc hitting him with great force knocking him to the ground. Rolling out of the way as the man drops a mace right where is head would have been. Swinging wildly at the Nord the Orc begins to tire as the massive wall of a shield deflects strike after strike. He drops his axe in exhaustion, with a glint still in his eye. "Well Nord!" he snaps in between shallow breathes, "Do it kill me and tell your master what one Orc can do to his army!" he stares straight into the mans eyes. "I do still have a sense of honor you filth. Pick up your weapon and die like a true Orc should." Smiling the Orc cracks his neck and kneels down to pick up his axe he hooks the blade of the axe gently on the bottom of the massive shield then jerks quickly towards himself, flipping the shield onto the Nords head knocking him near unconsciousness. The Orc kicks away the Nords mace and stands on his shield pinning him to the ground he places the blade of his axe to the mans head. "I to have a sense of honor and next time I will kill you. My name is Raz'gul Bloodfist you will see me again." He then grabs a few scrolls from the table and disapears into the mist.

"What does the Shadow Lord need from Markarth maybe someone in town will know." Raz'gul thought to himself walking towards his camp. "I can't be the only one fighting. I can't do this on my own."

TheCaptain

The Mad Conductor of Words
    about a half a mile or so from where Raz'gul is, in a forest area on a road next to a deep cliff an escort of 16 men traveling with a wagon full of supplies meant for The Shadow Lord's men, there are 8 men marching in formation infront of the wagon and 8 men behind doing the same. The leader was sat on the passenger's seat with the driver suddenly they both spotted a man in a cowl and a strange cloak sat on with his back to them in the middle of a log which blocked the whole road, what they didn't see is that this man had his bow out along with 2 sharp ebony arrows "Stop, stop the horses" said The leader before he sat up from his step "You there! Move aside you are interfering in The Shadow Lord's business!!" he shouted threatening him but the man didn't move "and for that reason none of you shall pass me or this log! but only one of you will leave this forest alive and he will be running for his life, back...the way you came." the man said standing up as four men approached him with swords drawn and in an instant the man turned round, drew the arrows and fired off into the trees, the sound of ropes snapping could be heard before the boulders suddenly descended upon the men at the back, pushing some off the edge as they screamed to their death and crushing the rest of them it was mainly quick, for those who were in front they turned like the 4 others as two spiked logs tied together with rope swings down on the distracted guards and kills 1 man each while the other two are thrown off the edge alike the others.

The 4 men turned round with shocked faces as they watched their fellow soldiers die, suddenly the one closest to the edge remembered the man back but it was too late as he turned around time seemed to slow down a little when he saw him, he was leaning forward in a crouched position and was drawing this strange sword with his right hand, the man had suddenly dashed forward with great speed and not so much as a footstep was heard, the soldier could have sworn The man's eyes were glowing red with a red faded trail following his eyes "you should be more aware of your surroundings!!" he said before he slashed through his armor from his left side to his right shoulder, the next man was the closest one as he was turning around The man changed to two handed and split his head in half down to the bottom of his neck, the third was drawing his sword when The man kicked his elbow causing him to sheath his sword as The man stabbed him in the side of the neck, the final man had drawn his sword and tried to strike The man with a sideways slash but he caught his arm, headbutted him right on the nose causing his cowl to fall and reveal his face before kicking him away and stabbing him in the heart and then slowly pulled it out.

With the four dead he turned to the wagon The leader's face went from annoyed to fear "You're!....you're him aren't you?! The Black Wolf of The Companions!, John Brunwulf!" he said with shock and fear John smirked "yeah that's me, Enemy to The Shadow Lord and his men which includes you, now get down from there so that I might kill you honorable and take your wagon" he said stating his goals "no" he said nearly shouting it "What?!" John said stepping closer The leader hesitated "I.....um......I.....said No! I am not so foolish that I would face you in sword combat" he shouted "very well then, a not so honorable death I guess" he said before The leader could say anything John threw a knife at him, it hit him right in the chest and fall off the wagon "You! get down now!" he said pointing his sword at the driver as he got down "now I am going on the wagon and you are going a message for me" he said walking over as he sheathed "anything! just please don't kill me!" he pleaded "you are going to tell everybody what happened and that if they plan to send more supplies they'd better bring more men and also that these roads in this area now belong to me" John said as he started to collect up the weapons that were left and all the coin they had "Now run!" he yell at the former driver as he ran off and with him gone John put the weapons in the back of the wagon and after dealing with the bodies John climbed into the driver's seat and was on his way to a camp John knew of nearby owned by Markarth that was the opposer to The Shadow Lord.

Last edited:

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
    The Ragged Flagon and its cistern had sheltered the Thieve's Guild for hundreds of years and had seen much renovation in the last few months with Brynjolf's ascension to Guild Master. It was Skyrim's ultimate haven for thieves, rogues and freewheeling profiteers. Well-lit, clean, an abundance of fresh water and opulent luxury. The area that surrounded this shadowy group's hub, the greater network of Riften's sewers, aqueducts and most miserable slums was The Ratway. Dark, damp, dirty and deadly dangerous to live in, The Ratway was just as infamous for its body count as its smell. It was a home for the desperate, the sick, the starving and the mad. No one chose to live here.

Nowhere in Skyrim, not even in the Warrens of Markarth, was there such rampant misery or desperate survival. The mentally ill or exceedingly violent were brought down here so they would no longer be a problem for the city above. Those who committed crimes they couldn't or wouldn't answer for and couldn't leave Riften because of came down here to hide. Killers and bandits set up camp in dry sewer pipes and abandoned stone tunnels to prey on victims. Shady merchants selling all manner of illegal wares were set up in well kept dungeon rooms while their customers and patrons starved to death. Some came and went, a few lucky souls went back to their lives above after a time but most people lived and died down here in Riften's undercity.

Other than the Thieve's Guild, who protected only their informants and interests, there was no law here. The strong thrived and the weak died. If you were fast, clever and more than a little lucky however it was a perfect place to hide. One among this group of lucky people was a small eight year old girl named Tali Riana.

Tali was conceived between Mercer Frey, the former Thieve's Guild Master, and a Nord prostitute he had taken a liking too. Their relationship was hot and heavy but brief and by the time Tali came along there was no room in Mercer's heart for her. He had seen to it that her young life didn't end early but only her mother ever truly loved her. To Mercer, his daughter was just another tool to be used. Specifically one to run "errands." Tali did many errands from simple delivery jobs to planting evidence on a mark but she was most valuable as a spy and informant. She saw and heard almost everything and Mercer sent her out to find out many things. To find the biggest skooma ring among the Ratway's many destitute so he could exploit it or shut it down. To find the next big "investigation" by the city guards so he could hide, capture, kill or pay off the right people. To watch the sick and the mad in the Warrens and figure out who was starting fights or who was chopping people up and serving them as meat pies. Tali's reward for these things was food: a valuable resource used as both sustenance and currency in The Ratway and the most valuable commodity in her world. Tali's mother did not approve of this lifestyle or of Mercer forcing her precious little baby girl into it. Her objections would cost her her life.

Two years ago she had argued with Mercer one too many times and was killed. Tali had never even known her name but she knew her love and now her father had just taken it away. Her young and innocent mind simply couldn't comprehend it and Mercer's guilt twisted into misguided hatred for his own daughter. Ever since that day he had actively abused Tali. She would report on the Ratway's populace but receive no food. She would volunteer to kill rats but no longer received arrows or stones to sharpen her knife and no food as a reward. If she protested she was beaten. If she cried she was beaten. If she was caught stealing she was beaten. Now Tali was forced to live on whatever she could steal, find, dig through garbage for or as a last resort beg for.

Though unloved, chased off and constantly abused Tali had a critical advantage over other beggars and guttersnipes. She knew The Ratway. She knew its nicks and crannies. Where the bandits slept, where the merchants ate, where firewood and blankets and candles were. Even where the Thieves' Guild made their home and how to access it. She survived because she could take advantage of this knowledge. She had the power to fade, to become a like a spectre, to cease being solid and to pass through stone and iron and wood unhindered. She could even walk on water or swim under it without needing to breathe. She could stay like this for hours and she could see in the dark. She had hidden in the Ragged Flagon Cistern's murky water many times, waiting for an opportunity to steal whatever she needed. It was the perfect hiding spot and one where no one could follow her and never find her. But the Guild was getting smart. Her stashes of food and other loot were plundered and empty. The stores she stole from no longer displayed anything. When she looked for someone to help her there wasn't a kind soul to be found. Everyone with resources to help her ignored her. Every day it was harder and harder to find something she could eat. Every day she got a little hungrier, a little weaker, a little more desperate. After six weeks of increasingly difficult scavenging she was down to skin and bones. She didn't have many days left.

At the moment Tali was asleep in one of the square cells built into the Ratway Warrens to house the mad and feeble-minded of Riften. It was about as large as a standard prison cell and its entrance had been walled over long ago to make its former occupant starve to death. Tali had to clean out the skeleton herself when she found it while exploring the air vents. By now it had become her little sanctuary from the world. A large piece of iron plating on the floor and an old bedroll Tali had moved herself made for a little bed and barrier from the cold, often damp stone. Two thin blankets supplemented Tali's fully covering but threadbare clothes and headscarf in keeping her warm. Two small candles in rusty iron holders and two ready replacements provided light to the otherwise total darkness of this level. A simple magelight spell a kind mage had taught Tali to case before he died provided guidance through the air vents, along with a few mana potions she only drank when she really needed to. Her little bed was in the middle of the room and there were two vents that led to exits on either side. One led to other parts of the stone ventilation system, allowing her to move about unseen and unheard. The other rounded a corner and led to a vent that opened up to the entrance to the Ragged Flagon Cistern. The Guild and many of the Ratway's merchants knew that Tali used the vents and slept here but none of them really cared since she was out of the way. Plus none of them could fit up there.

Tali woke with a start as the telltale noise of the iron grate that led to the Cistern from the cemetery above being slammed shut woke her up. This happened many times a day when Guild members came and went, either from errands or from a job. Tali knew this sound very well and and trained herself to stop whatever she was doing and move when it sounded. Guild members were often hungry when coming back and that meant food was prepared. Many times they were careless and that gave Tali the opportunity to steal their leftovers. Lately she had been unlucky and hadn't gotten anything but she hoped that if she just kept at it things would change.

"Maybe today..." Tali whispered to herself. She had eaten her last bit of bread yesterday and had become too weak to range very far. She wasn't very hungry and she knew that was a bad sign, but she needed to try and find something to eat anyway. She could feel her backbone by pushing her stomach in with her finger she was so skinny. Tali didn't want to die but she was getting close to that. Another few days and she'd be too weak to move. She had to find enough food to start exploring again. A loaf of bread, a large sausage, a couple of eggs, any of these would keep her alive for another week.

She picked herself up, folded her blankets, made sure her headscarf was completely covering her matted and dirty brown hair and opened the vent that led to the main hallway. She wrapped her hands in pieces of fabric to protect them from the cold wet stone and her knees and legs were already wrapped in thinning but still valuable fabric. As she came around the bend she heard footsteps and familiar voices. She crawled up to the bars of the vent. A closer look showed that a large group of guild members were eating dinner. There were over a dozen people at that table and it was laden with food. More than Tali had ever seen before. If she could get down there she could jump on the table and grab a plate or bowel she could dump the contents into a brown leather sack she had with her, fade and then dive into the cistern with her loot and swim down the drainwater to safety, then work her way back up to her little sanctuary. All she needed was a distraction and she knew exactly how to make one.

This Ratway was filled with skooma addicts. Many of those who could get the precious drug used it themselves and the first thing they did when they got a shipment was take a hit. That way they could properly negotiate. Tali had observed a small trading circle involving a gang of Orcs who sold skooma to a gang of Redguards. This created a working relationship between the otherwise hostile gangs and this relationship had been orchestrated by the Guild so long as each group payed their "taxes". The Orcs had left a large vial of skooma for the Redguards to pick up in a crack in a wall. Payment had been left early and both drug and septim were lying about. A new Guild member named Ria (OOC: One of the two thieves Ace beat up in Viserion's post) had fallen under the drug's power and was stealing the skooma. Tali had watched all this from the shadows and had been able to steal the skooma after Ria had moved it. She was furious when she found her spot empty after the Redguards had promised it to her for a great deal of money. Tali had hoped she could make herself known to Ria later and trade the vial for food. Now she had a more immediate option. She could throw the skooma into the approaching crowd and grab all the food she could carry as they fought over it. Or at the very least scratched their heads wondering what it was doing there. No one would suspect her and when she faded they couldn't catch her. She could do this.

The skooma was dropped successfully and two twins Tali knew were named Destiny and Shadow moved up to investigate, along with everybody else at the table. Tali took her chance and faded through the iron grate. She dropped without injury but she had miscalculated the distance. She landed right next to the bottle in full view of everyone. She had been compromised and she was so scared she turned corporeal again. She could do nothing but stare up at all those thieves, wide eyed in terror, and silently pray for mercy.

Viserion

’ Hmmm, what do you think about it, Octavian ‘’ Ace asked in his mind ‘’ I think that you should get some help with that, no offense ‘’ Ace was more confused than offended ‘’ Why do you say so? ‘’ ‘’ Did you already forget what that Brynjolf guy said, the person we are looking for is not just another follower, she is a freaking experiment as well. And with a troublesome power nonetheless, that high-speed regeneration that she is said to have gave us a lot of trouble the last time we met someone who had it. It made him almost immortal ‘’ Ace was silent for a minute ‘’ We overwhelmed him easily with our powers last time ‘’ ‘’ Yeah ‘’ Octavian whispered awkwardly ‘’ But I am not sure we can use them this time ‘’ Ace paused in the exit of Riften and hit the ground with his foot ‘’ Did you really had to use them the previous night? Damn that cooldown thing gets on my nerves ‘’ ‘’ It will be up by tomorrow afternoon ‘’ ‘’ Too late, I gotta think of something else… did you say it was a she? ‘’ ‘’ Mmm ‘’ Ace sighed ‘’ I can’t believe I will be doing that pl*ps again ‘’ and started running towards Shor’s Stone. On his way there he thought of the possible things that he could do in order to get all the information from her, and get away with it. Octavian kept telling him the same thing ‘’ Why don’t you just blow her up ‘’ Ace did not take the dragon’s advice seriously until he remembered something. He stopped and used his second scroll to summon the daggers he was enchanting up until now. He looked for the explosive ones. They were in total twelve. He then started calculating. ‘’ One more ‘’ he summoned another dagger and started enchanting it. When he finished he stored it along with the others. ‘’ Octavian, I need to rest, take me to Shor’s Stone please ‘’ ‘’ Full speed? ‘’ ‘’ Do whatever you want, just be there by tomorrow morning ‘’ ‘’ You bet I will ‘’ and handed over the control of the body to the dragon. Then he let his mind relax and entered a sleep-like state. What woke him up was Octavian pressing his consciousness against his ‘’ Hey, wake up sleepyhead, we are here ‘’ Ace took control and looked around him. The sun seemed to have just risen and in front of him there was a big town. ‘’ Shor’s Stone ‘’ Ace exclaimed ‘’ Good Job ‘’ ‘’ What did you expect? ‘’ but the dragon seemed a bit out of breath, he was a kid after all. His feet were also tired. ‘’ We need to sit here a bit, to regain our strength ‘’ . He healed his legs and sat cross legged. ‘’ We need to make her believe that we are on her side ‘’ he finally decided ‘’ Yeah, how are we gonna do that? ‘’ Ace’s mind started working ‘’ The seal ‘’ he exclaimed ‘’ What seal ‘’ ‘’ The pattern that was created when that b*st*rd fused us ‘’ he said referring to the scar on his chest. They both smiled ‘’ Now we just need to make her tell us what we need, and find a way to kill her, for good that is ‘’ ‘’ I got that covered ‘’ Ace replied and started walking towards the town aiming for the big building near the center. ‘’ Hey stop it, what makes you thing that you can enter? ‘’ the guard stepped in front of him. ‘’ Tell your lady we are allies ‘’ ‘’ Awww, dear, I think I would remember such a cute face ‘’ a voice came from above. Ace looked up to see an early-mid aged woman looking at him. She was wearing a daring gown that showed off much of her body ‘’ At least she is not an old hag like the other immortal guy we faced before ‘’ Octavian chuckled. ‘’ Oh really ‘’ Ace asked trying to look as cool as he could ‘’ Nice one ‘’ he wanted to laugh but he could not, he undid some buttons and showed her the seal on his chest. The woman’s eyes gleamed and tilted her head to the right revealing a similar scar at the left side of her neck ‘’ Let him pass ‘’ She ordered and Ace smiled as he entered her house. It had two roofs. She greeted him on the second ‘’ What can I offer to you, sweetie? You want me to do something for you, or to you? ‘’ she winked and pressed her finger on his chest. Ace tried to remain cool, he despised whores, he actually despised any woman or man who would do things like that without thinking much of it. He grabbed her waist and held her close to him ‘’ I came here looking for an ally ‘’ he whispered to her ‘’ You interested? Our Lord will send his troops here when he is finished ‘’ she turned and lied down on the carpet in a daring pose ‘’ It will not take too long for Markarth to be taken, also, I heard, that he is experimenting with some new power, something to do with the Dragon’s powers that is ‘’ Ace was shocked, but he tried to seem like he knew it ‘’ The thing like that first experiment ‘’ he went on his knees and grabbed her neck ‘’ Yeah ‘’ she whispered ‘’ That is enough talking ‘’ Ace smiled ‘’ Yeah ‘’ she whispered again but then she noticed the carpet was wet ‘’ Oh, do you like to have ladies while smelling perfume… ‘’ but then she noticed the color of the liquid in the bottle Ace was holding, it was light green- oil. ‘’ What are you doing ‘’ ‘’ Don’t worry, this kiss will make you melt ‘’ he said and released flames from his mouth burning the carpet along with her. She screamed and retreated, her wounds were already closing ‘’ What are you… ‘’ Ace took off the glove on his right hand revealing the circle and snapped his fingers releasing a spark that flew towards her. She writhed in pain as red-hot flames engulfed her . Snap* and the fire rose once again. ‘’ You little… ‘’ snap* and fire exploded inside her mouth. He did not even give her time to speak. ‘’ Tell me where he is located ‘’ ‘’ I don’t know, none does, I told you everything, and now it is time for me to kill you ‘’ she screamed from her hands, she shot ice spears piercing his leg. Ace fell down grabbing his leg. The woman came in front of him, grabbed the spear and twisted it ‘’ As a reward, I will tell you one more thing, before I kill you that is, our Lord will send his new experiment to Riften, he wants the city gone ‘’ and she laughed, delighted just with the idea ‘’ Thanks, now there is no need keep you alive anymore ‘’ ‘’ Huh? ‘’ snap* snap* he snapped the fingers of both his hands and instantly her eyes were set ablaze. She screamed, and grabbed her eyes setting Ace free ‘’ It hurts uh? Having the liquid in your eyes burn ‘’ He summoned his daggers and pinned her against the wall piercing her body in various places. ‘’ You think you can kill me? I am immortal ‘’ he used his last dagger to pierce the inside of her mouth against the wall silencing her. He then took out his potion and drank it restoring some of his energy. He then healed his leg and looked at her. As he turned he replied ‘’ I have battled another guy like you, with that ‘ Immortality ‘ think, he was as arrogant as you, but lemme tell you something, he did not live after he was reduced in a thousand pieces ‘’ Her eyes widened as she noticed that the daggers were enchanted ‘’ These bad boys react bad with fire ‘’ his smile widened ‘’ In contact, they tend to go KABOOM ‘’ and he laughed as he spilled his last oil on the ground around her. ‘’ Farewell, b*tch ‘’ he said and turned. He then was outside, it was deep afternoon. He took a deep breath and looked back. The door was closing. He smiled and snapped his fingers. A little spark flew back, rebounded on the stairs and went inside the building. Ace turned and walked towards the town exit calmly. After a few seconds, the second floor of the building exploded, sending flames and burning wood everywhere. ‘’ Like a boss ‘’ Octavian commented ‘’ You could have raped her at least before killing her ‘’ Ace exited the town as screams and flames were behind him ‘’ I could never do something as pure as that with someone like her. My first time will be with a first timer as well ‘’ Ace commented angrily ‘’Yeah, you want a virgin, I know it. I did not think humans had this kind of pride, I thought you just did that to any woman you saw ‘’ he then paused ‘’ You could at least give the control to me at that time ‘’ the dragon teased him and they both laughed at the thought of a dragon raping a woman ‘’ That should have hurt ‘’ ‘’ It is because of the scales. Hey, do you imagine if I put my tail inside her… ‘’ ‘’ Shut it ‘’ he almost broke down laughing. It was late night when they decided to stop and camp. They ate two rabbits and fell asleep. At the morning he started running, trying to warn Brynjolf as soon as possible about the oncoming attack. He could almost see Riften when he heard something, like a wingbeat. He looked up but he saw nothing. Then something crashed at ground hear him, it exploded sending him flying against a tree. ‘’ D*mn ‘’ he stood up holding his back. He then paused as he looked in front of him. There was a man, clad in armor holding a sword and a shield. They did not seem normal, nor did the man. ‘’ Who are you? ‘’ ‘’ I am, His new follower ‘’ he roared ‘’ My mission is to attack Riften, and you are on my way ‘’ Ace stood up and summoned his staff ‘’ You wanna fight kid? I will test my new powers on you ‘’ Ace smiled ‘’ He does not look that strong, but be careful ‘’ ‘’ I know, it is just… ‘’ and he paused as he looked at the man. He was preparing something. ‘’ What are you… ? ‘’ then the man grew leather, dragon like wings. Ace’s eyes widened ‘’ Impossible ‘’ He charged with immense strength and Ace was sent flying against a rock, blood running down his chin. ‘’ Partner! ‘’ ‘’ I… am… ok… ‘’ he said as he struggled back on his feet. His enemy was approaching slowly towards him. He shot flames at him but he deflected them with his shield and then they engaged in a close combat, staff against sword. ‘’ Hahaha, I haven’t had that much fun in ages, my name is Rizer ‘’ ‘’ Ace ‘’ he replied out of breath ‘’ Ace eh? I will make sure to remember your name as long as I live ‘’ he said with a smile on his face, He turned and slammed his shield on Ace’s chest and Ace was sent flying again. ‘’ Uh? I thought you were an experiment as well, you should have more power within you ‘’ Rizer said arrogantly as he looked down on Ace ‘’ Maybe I will let you live, take you back and inject you some dragon blood, then maybe you will be a better opponent ‘’ ‘’ Dragon… blood? ‘’ he tried to stand up but he fell back on the ground again ‘’ Yeah, our Lord’s new hobby, he hunts dragons, he kills them and takes their blood and souls and makes us stronger ‘’ he said and he started laughing insanely ‘’ How do you think I got this power ‘’. That was when Ace felt a deep rage inside him ‘’ I will kill him ‘’ a voice whispered ‘’ I will kill him ‘’ the voice was getting louder ‘’ I will kill him ‘’ Octavian shouted. Ace smiled and gave control to the dragon as he released his powers. There was a blast of hot air around him that startled Rizer. When the enemy opened his eyes, a dragon like figure was standing in front of him. He had a human’s body but a long tail, a pair of wings and scales at the color of blood were standing out. It stood up and raised its head. Its teeth were long and the eyes, the ones of a dragon, were glowing at the color of molten gold. Rizer stepped back trembling ‘’ The first experiment… you… you…‘’ he lisped. The figure took a step forward crushing a little rock underneath its foot with incredible strength. ‘’ I AM GONNA F*CKING KILL YOU! ‘’ They roared and they charged surrounded with a fiery aura.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    Allen had set up camp south of Windhelm - two tents, one for him, and one for his new companion. It's been a long time since The Shadow Lord attacked his sanctuary, killing his servants and whistling him into the wilderness like a dog. Allen just stood behind his scepter when the shadow lord dashed at him, hoping that it's light will keep him at bay. And so it was, except the artifact's powers had been drawn, in most part. Allen slowly started understanding reality - he was no king, but there was too much comfort in the thought for him to leave that. He stood outside his tent in the middle of the night, watching the blazes of the campfire.

A loud yawning noise could be heard as a figure exited the other tent. It was none other than Thrynn, a member of the Thieves Guild with combat prowess and knowledge of the wildlife. He approached Allen and sat down next to him. "My king" he said, with a tired tone.

"What's the matter, Thrynn. Can't sleep?" Allen asked him without taking his eyes off the fire as the thief nodded his head in agreement. Thrynn was a new asset that Allen had just acquired. The morning of that very day, as Allen was wondering around the roads, this man jumped at him from a tree. He took the poor breton by surprise and before they knew it, Thrynn had a dagger at Allen's throat as he started asking for Thrynn's valuables. But in an instant, the scepter started glowing, so hard that Thrynn backed away, allowing Allen to use a scroll to freeze him. It took him a couple of hours, but eventually the scepter did it's job, and Thyrnn now viewed Allen as an actual king. The scepter held strong illusion magic, to be sure, but in the past it took only a few minutes for such hypnosis.

"If we are to defeat this treacherous shadow lord we will need people" Thyrnn looked at him and nodded "Of course my king. Back at the Ragged Flagon, there are many who will join forces with us if we are to bring him down."

Allen coughed, it seemed like a cold was getting to him. "I don't want allies, I want servants. An army, to stand the Shadow Lord's. Some petty thieves won't do anything against him" There was silence for a while, until Thyrnn started speaking with an enthusiastic tone "After the Shadow Lord took over Skyrim, this eastern area - Witherun, Eastmarch and the Rift combined - became known for the sheer number of organized bandits. They were never so many, for as long as I can recall, and they fight against The Shadow Lord" Allen sighed as he added "And they fight against anyone who isn't the Shadow Lord as well. Why would bandits help me, Thrynn? I have nothing to offer them"

The thief smiled as he replied "If you unite them, my king, you will have a force strong enough to take an entire settlement. If you promise them Kynesgrove or Shor's stone, they might be inclined to help us."

Allen chuckled a little. "So be it, my friend. We shall depart tomorrow"

Destiny

The Fox
    After what seemed like half an hour they were still sitting there and where chatting about random things. “So.. have you heard about the new recruit?” Phoenix said. “What new recruit?” Destiny replied, tilting her head slightly to the right. “New guy? Interesting… We’ll finally have someone else to mess with!” Shadow said while giving a hi-five to Robin, a high-elf thief sitting right next to him. “Hi, can I sit down with you?” A tall blonde Nord around 18, who was standing behind Destiny said. She turned around to face him. “Do I know you?” She said while raising an eyebrow and giving him a cold look. “Umm, no… I’m new here” He said awkwardly, examining her closely “But you are one pleasant sight that I should have noticed earlier” He said, putting on a somewhat charming smile. Destiny didn’t have time to react before she heard a voice “You dared to hit on her?” Shadow said, while getting up from his seat and crossing his arms, looking more muscular than he is, he was now moving closer to the less stronger Petty Thief that was now looking a bit terrified.
    Suddenly a noise emitted from where she thought was the entrance, a figure finally came to light. “A Dunmer? What the…” one of the Thieves muttered. He Cleared his throat and said Yo everyone, how’s it goin? ‘’ They readied their weapons just before they saw Brynjolf standing behind the Dunmer. “He’s dead” Shadow said “100 septims on Brynjolf” Destiny said jokingly, putting her daggers back on their sheaths. ’ Hey, hey wait, I just came here to speak with the big bad boss ‘’ “Yeah he’s dead” Robin said just before Brynjolf replied. “That would be me lad‘’ He said . ‘’ Hey, name is Ace. May I ask what is this place and why two of your members tried to rob me?‘’ The Dunmer continued to talk. Both Destiny and Shadow couldn’t help but laugh along with a few more members of the guild.
    Brynjolf talked with the dark elf for some time and then he got up and left. The conversation was intense and calm at the same time, she could sense it but they didn’t know what they were talking about.
    “What happened back there?” she said loud enough for Brynjolf to hear, who still was on the other side of the guild, while bolting off in the direction of Brynjolf, having her hidden blades unsheathed. “I’ll slice his throat for just barging in here” She said, her eyes glowing with anger. “Calm down lass, he was here for information, about the Shadow Lord” He said while having both of his hands on Destiny’s shoulders. Her face flooded with terror. “The Shadow Lord? Why would he want information on him?” Shadow said. “Why would anyone want anything to do with him?” Destiny said pulling away from Brynjolf and backing up a few steps, looking at her feet and having a hand right above her heart. “He wanted information about where he could find one of his followers, and I gave him what he wanted. He’s probably heading to Shor’s stone to find her.” “Interesting… What do you say Destiny?” He said stretching his hand out to her “The Twin Shadows shall hunt again tonight” She said, “I’m not going to stand around and wait to be killed” she smiled a bit. “After you eat your dinner though, you’ll need all the energy you can” Brynjolf said, sounding a bit like a father for the both. Both of them nodded and hurried to sit down to the table, where a variety of food was placed on. Shadow took a bowl of Horse haunch and vegetable soup. Destiny sat down and examined all of them… “Is it such a hard choice?” Shadow said to her. “No, I was just lost in my thoughts” She said as she took a bowl and put different meats, medium-rare, exactly how she liked them, in it, all in small portions and grabbed a bottle of Black-Briar mead and tossed one to Shadow as well and then they started talking.
    “He was cute, too bad he’s probably going to be torn to pieces” Shara, a female redguard from the group, said jokingly “He isn’t gonna die” Shadow said, “He’s strong enough to beat most of them, except from her…” Destiny muttered, feeling like something bad is going to happen. “Well he’s playing with fire” Robin said, his face was dead serious. “So he’s going to get burnt” Phoenix said while downing a whole tankard of mead with one sip. “Easy there! You’re gonna get drunk before you even hit the third one!” Delvin said, who was walking towards them. “Who wants to get another job?” He asked the group, no one answered “How ’bout the Twin Shadows?” He asked again, while patting Shadow on the back. “We’re too busy Delvin… Maybe next time.” Shadow said while eating “Alright, then I’ll give it to the new guy” He replied hastily while leaving “Hmph.. Some nerve that the new guy had to come over here and hit on you” Shadow said infuriated, The rest of the group nodded in agreement. “Yeah he had but let’s be honest, if you saw a girl like her walking alone in the street wouldn’t you try your luck on her?” Phoenix said looking at Shadow with meaning… “I know I would” Robin said. “Yeah, you’re right, but not her!” Shadow said. “Hey I’m over here! And I’m not that special” she said stirring in her seat uncomfortably…
    As she was about to take a bite off a rabbit’s leg, a noise stopped her, she got up to examine the bottle, as everyone else did. “Skooma” She said examining it closely but not picking it up. “How did it get….” Before she could finish what she was saying a small child was right in front of them. She stared up to them, her eyes full of fear, she was afraid of them. “Get her!” The new Nord yelled, Destiny drew her dagger and examined the girl for a second, she was trembling with fear. She quickly turned around and with one move, she pinned the Nord on the wall with her dagger on his neck. “Listen, I’ve had enough of you, so what do you say to PISS OFF and stop walking around like you’re one of us!” She hissed at him and then turned to the girl, remaining silent “ Tali, what’s wrong? Why are you here?” Shadow said, keeping his voice as soft and calm as possible. The girl was too afraid to speak, Shadow turned to the table and grabbed a soft cloth bag from a cupboard, filling it with all kinds of food, he walked slowly to the girl and handed it to her “Here you go” He said and turned around to Destiny “We’d better go” He nodded and walked towards his bed, picking up his stuff and handed Destiny her cloak and her satchels which she immediately strapped on.

A few minutes afterwards they were heading towards the stables. “Should we get our horses?” She said. “I don’t think that we should” He said nodding his head negatively. They continued on foot towards Shor’s Stone , running as fast as they could, even though they weren’t sneaking, not a single sound was heard as he ran on the road and as Destiny leaped from branch to branch. She lost sight of him one time and turned back only to see him on the branch behind her. “I’m not that stupid to walk on the road when there are the Shadow Lord’s minions crawling around here” He whispered, she flashed him a smile and continued walking on the trees. They were both really agile, even though they were almost entirely different, they had two things in common, they were skilled in free-running and they cared about each other.
    A moment later they reached Shor’s Stone, the village to which the Dunmer was traveling to. “We’re here… Why is there so much smoke?” Shadow said “Fire!” Destiny exclaimed, pointing towards a large building with her bow. “He’s nowhere to be found” he said “I doubt it” she said trying to track him down on the dark road” Follow me” She signaled him. They sprinted off heading towards the trees and climbing up, making their way from branch to branch in an almost elegant way.
    “He’s near, I can sense it” She said standing straight and trying to listen to any noises that could be close and concentrating her powers to see if there was any hint that the “Shadows” could give her. “I still don’t know how you do it” He whispered to her. “Remember the phrase we say?” She said smiling slightly “Walk with the Shadows, what does that have to do with… oh…”She laughed a bit and then bolted off to the far left road “Wait up!” He said.

When they reached the road they saw a man, who was partly like a dragon, with crimson red scales and golden eyes about to fight another one with just the wings of one. “What the…” Shadow exclaimed “They’re both experiments. Like me” She said preparing to leap down and break up the fight “No!” Shadow said, she turned to look at him, her ice-blue eyes were expressing the fury that she had boiling inside her. “Not yet, let’s see what happens and then we can act accordingly.” He said, they turned to see the fight, as the crimson red scaled beast was summoning an inferno, Destiny was watching with a slight fear and was shying away a bit, never stepping out of the shadowy spot that they were hiding (OOC: Only half that branch was lit so they were in the shadowy spot).

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    Dark. Gloomy. Dreadful. Evil. Frightful. All of this could describe the outside of the Mansion. The mansion that seemed more like a Castle nowadays.
    The same mansion, which could mean different things to a different number of people. To me, it was home. A place that kept me safe, a place I trained, a place I ate and slept. It Shielded me from the cold, and it provided me with heat. To me at least, The Mansion wasn't dark, it wasn't evil and it certainly wasn't something to be afraid of. Demons walked the Battlements and two minotaurs guarded the gates sure but it was still home. People even said serpents slid around the island, but it was just rumors. The water was cold and the current was rough but my ship would manage. After all I would have to swim the rest of the way if the Ship sunk, I wouldn't want to disappoint. The bitter wind pierced our skin and our lungs. It was hard to take each breathe but we had to. We simply couldn't let ourselves give in and die to weakness. The snow angrily threw itself against the wood, which groaned with agony to match. How great was it to be caught in the middle of a freak blizzard. The door creaked open, the men rushed to the side and quickly slung rope to the pier. The gangplank was lowered.

I got off the ship and threw my cloak over, blocking the snow from pelting my eyes. Two guards approached. "What in gods name do you want with Shadow lord's Private Mansion. To be killed?" one of the guards blunt said.
    "No," I quickly replied and then produced a Scroll. A scroll fitted with the seal of the Shadow lord and relevant Information to get me past these two.
    The guard took it in his hand, "don't try nothin' ," he said. He removed the seal and read the scroll over. Before staring at his fellow guardsman and back at me.
    "My lord, forgive me I didn't know you were coming," He knelt down, begging for nothing. "Rise, You're just doing your job and there's nothing wrong with that," I quickly said, letting out a sigh. The guard rose and quickly motioned for me to follow. We came towards the gate, guarded by two fierce minotaurs. They stared at me, not sure what to think, grunting and held their weapons ready. "Open the gate for the Lord's Son," The guardsmen shouted. I slowly watched as the demons above slowly rotated a chain and in turn the gate began to rise. I heard a click and slowly walked into the yard. Soldiers were waiting. My father was waiting. I walked up towards him, "Hello father," I greeted. "Son," he replied before giving his arms way towards the soldiers. "We have things to talk about, namely how Markarth is still standing. It doesn't look well for me if it's still standing. Markarth will fall tonight, before dawn. If it doesn't it will start the beginning of uprisings, and it's already sparked a rebellion I've heard. If Markarth doesn't bow to my will, then will the other holds not question my power?" He smugly grinned. "You want me to take Markarth, father?" I asked. "No my son, I want you to do something entirely different. These soldiers will raid Markarth. All of it's citizens will burn, the soldier's will be flayed and their generals' head's will be displayed across the roads of skyrim. Nobody will question me, they will worship me endlessly. Have you nearly finished the last step for the portal?" He mumbled on. "Yes father, the portal is nearly complete, I just need to do one thing." I replied and walked towards the pedestal and placed a grand soul gem upon it. I took out a dagger and slowly sliced my hand, blood started dripping on the stone and long before the small bowl surrounding the stone was full. In front of me, slowly the air started to feel thicker. The snow started to form rings around the area. The wind gusted sideways and the cold air began to emit heat. Slowly what appeared to be nothing cracked and shimmered. Suddenly and violently the small area erupted and a purple gateway stood. "It's ready," I said. "Excellent, Son. Now come we must discuss what to do," he replied. I slowly watched as the troops marched into the portal, it was a slow portal and quickly constructed and thus the troops might take a few hours to get to where they needed to be. Markarth might not be surprised. The portal from the other side would show early, but they wouldn't be able to close or pass through it.
    I turned and followed my father, he already looked annoyed enough.

Inside was warm, inside was peaceful. The place was comfortable and decorated in royal red. It was fit for a king. Outside the blizzard roared on and every year it seemed to get colder way up this north of Skyrim. I walked in the room as the door closed gently, my father already in his study chair. I took a seat opposite him and waited for his reply. "Son, I want you to find out about this group. I have no clue where their base is or any of their hideouts are. I do know one thing, they've so far caused a lot of trouble for me in The Rift. I trust you'll get it done? I've sent scouts all across Skyrim and they've found nothin' and all I've come across leads me that Markarth might have something to do with it." he said while pointing to what seemed as various spots on a map.
    So it's come to this has it, no more training the recruits and hopefully saving some in the process. No more delaying any tactics he has in plan, No more advising that killing more innocent people would harm the economy. Has he truly lost it or has it always been this way.
    "Yes father, I'll look for the group and I'll put a stop to it," I replied, looking for anything to give me hope for my father.
    "Don't return here until it's done. We don't want it to compromise you and you're going to leave here looking a bit less noble, a lot more like an escaped servant but don't worry I'll have your gear shipped to the Riften Blacksmith, his directly there working for me as a spy just approach him and he'll know what to do, goodbye son," he smugly grinned, before taking a drink. I tried to stand but I found I had no strength. I looked towards him, "Why?" I managed to mutter. "trust me, it's better even if you don't remember being my son and serving me, I have it all under control and you'll remember. I assure you, it's for the best," He slowly said while my vision was reduced to blurs and dizziness violently struck. I must have sat on something. I must have missed something. "why," I thought, before I crashed.

The cold black sand burnt my skin and I jolted awake. It was morning, and as I laid down I felt something poking me. I slowly turned over and looked at a small child and a elderly woman staring at me. I shivered and slowly sat up and noticed I was drenched head to toe. The Frozen sea stood still as if it was mocking death. "Are you okay?" the elderly woman asked me. "I don't know," I slowly coughed. "I mean I think I'm fine, but where am I?" I carried on. "East of Dawnstar, but do you serve him? Do you serve the Shadow lord?" She replied, eyeing me curiously. I looked at her and slowly stood up, I caught my balance and heard my stomach growl. "No, I don't serve him." I replied and suddenly she grinned, before to pointed to my hand, I slowly released my grip and a bloody dagger fell to the sand. The sea seemingly spat out life, something else floated towards the ground. I walked towards it, and turned it over and noticed the pool of blood that followed him. "That one bears the mark of the Shadow lord, come, come, we must leave before more show up," The elderly lady and child walked off. I looked towards the floor, picked up the dagger, something that could determine life or death. I followed the lady, with Riften popping into the back of my head.

Pufftuff

Raz'gul now realizing it will be to hard prevent Markarth from falling, has begun to start his own refugee camp. Although run tighter than that it has become the Reaches unofficial resistance group. After his face to face encounter with the shadow lords generals, a large Nord known as Welade "The wall". He went back to Markarth with the words and the parchments but couldn't find out what the Shadow lord needed and wanted from the Reach.

He became as hated and loved equally in the Reach after trying to evacuate a fighting force saying that "By holding up in Markarth we simply make ourselves easier to pick off". There was a big debate in the council chambers where both Forsworn and the Imperial government now how had equal sway. Raz'gul and a band of dissidents were banished to avoid fear mongering little does the council know his rowdy band is whats keeping markarth protected right now.

Running up the road into the main tent a scout came in a talked directly to Raz'gul. "Commander...a man he well he rides a wagon that belonged to the Shadow Lord. Alone" the Orc was curious, "A bandit?" he asked."No sir the scout replied by reports he's been making trouble for the Shadow Lords forces for some time now." The scout paid special attention to the fact that he was smart and ruthless.

Raz'gul smiled and thought to himself. "Sounds like exactly who I need helping me." The Orc made the command. "Send a company of scouts to retrieve this man bring him to me. Do not use force and be careful he may be on edge. Give him this sack of goods and food regardless of whether he chooses to come with you or not"

On the road nearing Markarth no more than a few miles from Raz'guls camp a group of the Orcs scout spotted the man on the wagon they set up a road block with the supplies and a note that read. "To whom it may concern, My men have watched you for some time and deemed you an enemy of the shadow lord which if you would like makes you a friend of mine. My group and I have been trying to protect Markarth but I need information on why the Shadow Lords will not give up and what what he needs. If your skills are what I've been told then we would appreciate the help. I know times are perilous enough as is if you wish to not be involved please takes these supplies and as a good gensture and look for us if you are in need. If you wish to help light the arrow in the road block and shoot it into the air my men will bring you to me immediately. Malacath Guide you,

Raz'Gul Bloodfist the Silver ORC"

TheCaptain

"Ok what's all this about then hm? you're not bandits for one thing they aren't well equipped as you lot nor are they stupid enough to ambush people in the open though still stupid, so what do you want?" John said to the Orc scouts as one of them quickly handed him a letter and a bag of supplies before running back to the roadblock, carefully opening it and read it *mmm allies, it is expected i gue-wait a minute* he thought as he looked closer at the name at the bottom of the letter "R..Raz'Gul.......Blood....fist" he said as his eyes filled with sadness "Oh Brother of mine, how long has it been since we last saw each other? Father has been constantly worried about you" he said to himself and Raz'Gul in a sense.

a few minutes later after nothing but silence John finally down off the wagon and climbs into the back "this is just like Raz'Gul.....he always was one for the dramatics even though I am as well and he was also quiet like Farkas but even less, so you want me to fire an arrow at your men Fine! you want me to set the damn thing on fire, Fine! but I am not using one of mine these things cost a handful of gold" he said sighing and mumbling to himself as he looked back to the scouts he grabbed an iron arrow from the wagon and wrapped it in cloth before light it on fire and firing it into the air, it lands in the middle of the roadblock as John rides up on the wagon "now are you gonna let me through and take me to my brother or are you just going to keep standing there?" he said looking down at them "break down the road block!" one Orc who was probably the leader commanded as the others started to tear it down and John now being escorted by the scouts to the camp.

after that trip and arriving at the camp John dismounted the wagon and approached the scout leader "alright where is he? where's Raz'Gul?!" he said demanding to know where he is as he pulled down his cowl "he's in the-" The Scout Leader started but was interrupted "BLOODFIST COME OUT!! if that's what you still call yourself............my sad brother, you know Father has been worried sick about you? as have I, I too had the change suddenly happened to me as well" he shouted but then lowered his voice into a more calm voice and then came a long silence.

Pufftuff

after that trip and arriving at the camp John dismounted the wagon and approached the scout leader "alright where is he? where's Raz'Gul?!" he said demanding to know where he is as he pulled down his cowl "he's in the-" The Scout Leader started but was interrupted "BLOODFIST COME OUT!! if that's what you still call yourself............my sad brother, you know Father has been worried sick about you? as have I, I too had the change suddenly happened to me as well" he shouted but then lowered his voice into a more calm voice and then came a long silence.

That booming voice and that dramatic silence at the end. Raz'gul knew who was beckoning him from outside his tent. Looking to the men around him all still in shock nobody speaks to the Orc like that. Not because he demands it but because nobody is about to find out how he'll react. Without the thought Raz'gul steps outside sliding right up to John. Face to face the Orc is the first to crack a smile. Small but there. "You know I had to leave." Raz'gul leans in a hugs his old friend with great force picking him up off the ground, whispering in his ear. "It's good to see you John. We need to talk seems like he have both been busy."

Raz'gul points to a vacant tent already waiting. "Go now rest my friend. Tomorrow we will run and scout."

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    As the sun was slowly rising they were approaching Windhelm, or rather a large bandit outpost next to it. Wooden towers with archers and a dozen tents, all covered by snow. Thrynn was breathing heavily and held tight to his fur cloak while Allen seemed not to care. The scepter probably kept him warm.

"So who are those people I'm about to rule?" he asked, pointing at the wooden towers. In one of the towers there were two archers, both asleep, and in the other only one was asleep, but the one awake wasn't looking in Allen's direction. "They call themselves the Winter Claws, my king. Our weakest target" Thrynn answered with his voice trembling. Allen rose an eyebrow "Why is that?"

"They are not as supplied by the others, and they have no leader. The Winter Claws share our cause, my king - they only attack the Shadow Lord's men, only pillage his routes. There used to be more, but the unskilled ones died trying to defeat the Shadow Lord's followers."

Allen smiled "So here are only the best...". As they got closer to the outpost, the single wake lookout started quickly reached his bow and aimed for Allen, who rose his staff above his head. "Shield your eyes, Thrynn". A strong light started spreading from the scepter, The lookout released his arrow in the sky as he fell down from the tower, disoriented by the strong light. His screams woke up the other bandits. Nobody could clearly look at Allen as he walked casually to the center of the outpost. When he arrived, the light stopped glowing, only to reveal roughly a dozen bandits eyeing him with their weapons drawn.

One of them stepped forward "Who the hell are you!?" he shouted. Allen smiled widely as he simply replied "Your King." Most of them looked confused but the one that stepped forward replied instantly "Our king is dead, replaced by the Shadow Lord. We are free men here!" shouts of agreement could be heard from all over the outpost. "And how do you honor your past king? You think you are making a difference raiding like common cutthroats?"

The scepter's magic slowly grasped their minds alongside Allen's words. Very slowly, the scepter placed the idea of Allen being a king in their minds. "I don't believe you can do anything better than us, old man." the man said frowning. "You are wrong. I will unite all those like you and make a real difference." he started walking and gesturing with his hands "Serve me as your king, follow my orders, and we will be able to wound the Shadow Lord, and then watch as the wound slowly kills him"

The winter claws started whispering, Allen clearly made quite a proposition. "How will we do that?" the man asked, and Thrynn hasted to reply "We're taking Kynesg-" his words were cut short "We're taking Riften". Thrynn's eyes widened at Allen's words. "Very well, king. If you promise such a thing, we're with you. Give us a day to prepare for departing."

-----

Later that day, in Allen's tent, Thrynn was openly showing his disbelief in the task. "Even if we unite all the bandit clans, we cannot take Riften! It's true, they run on a shortage of guards after the Shadow Lord took over, but they still have walls!"

Allen angrily turned to him "Do you not trust me, Thrynn?". The thief looked at the ground before replying "I do...but we cannot do this. We cannot fight the Shadow Lord. It's a hopeless cause..."

Allen smacked Thrynn with the back of his hand. "We can and we will! I shall show The Shadow Lord what a real enemy looks like!"

Viserion

Rizer anticipated a counterattack after Ace and Octavian released their powers and he tried to block their punch with his shield. However, their punch was strong enough to dent the enchanted shield. ‘’ Damn you ‘’ Rizer screamed and attacked with his sword. Octavian parried it with his claws and they entered in a bizarre swordfight. Finally, they managed to spin and kicked Rizer sending him sprawling a few feet away. ‘’ DIE ‘’ the dragon screamed and jumped above him and slashed down with such force that when Rizer blocked it with his shield, the enchanted metal cracked. ‘’ Damn you! ‘’ he said and swung his sword on their head. Octavian bit the sword blocking it and put force again so that the sword would break. When Rizer saw that, he kicked them in the belly and retreated, but his sword was already cracked. Octavian spat blood and turned at him. ‘’ DIE ‘’ he jumped and head butted Rizer cracking his helmet as well. Rizer roared and slammed his shield against Octavian so hard that the shield’s cracks widened but the dragon was sent flying against a tree. As he stumbled back on his feet he saw his enemy descent on the air. ‘’ You are pathetic, just like your brethren ‘’ Rizer taunted him. Octavian was silent, but Ace could feel the deep rage within his soul. The dragon jumped and used his wings to fly at full speed towards Rizer concentrating all his firepower on his right hand. ‘’ Just shut it already and DIE ‘’ he drove it on his head. Rizer could only raise his already cracked shield to block the attack. But it was not enough. Octavian’s punch broke his shield apart, grabbed the sword and smashed on risers head breaking the cracked helmet as well. He grabbed his head and threw him hard against the ground. Before his enemy could get up, he landed on top of him and stomped his head on the ground. ‘’ You cannot defeat me, I am His best experiment with dragon blood up until now, what makes you stronger than me? ‘’ he screamed ‘’ I was not an experiment with dragon blood ‘’ Ace replied as he took control of his body ‘’ I was the first and last experiment with a dragon’s soul, we are two souls in one body, you who work alone could never defeat our team ‘’ As Rizer’s eyes widened, Ace gave the control again to Octavian who unleashed a torrent of white-hot flames right on his body. What was left was just ashes. Ace stepped back and fell on his knees coughing up blood. ‘’ Return to your human form ‘’ Octavian advised him who has given control to Ace once again ‘’ I need to go fast at Riften… to warn them ‘’ he whispered as he coughed up blood again. He took out a little flask with a reddish liquid. ‘’ I told you, it is rare, don’t use it a lot ‘’ Octavian sighed. He swallowed a drop if liquid and immediately his wounds started closing, but he was far from being completely healed, but he was able to maintain his Dragon Form for a bit longer. ‘’ Phoenix tears ‘’ Ace whispered ‘’ only two drops left… ‘’ and started running towards Riften at full speed. It was mid afternoon when he landed on the mausoleum. Thankfully, no one saw him. He pressed the button and swooped down the stairs. As he landed, his transformation wore off and he spit blood to the right. ‘’ At least we are on time… ‘’ and he remembered Brynjolf’s face ‘’ I am gonna give him a huge sized slash on his face ‘’ Octavian took control ‘’ Hey wait, our body will not… ‘’ before he finished his sentence Octavian kicked the door open ‘’ Where is that fl*ffing ba… ‘’ and that was when they fainted. Ace felt warm, it was a feeling he had felt before. In front of him, a dragon with golden scales was lying. ‘’ Wake up Octavian ‘’ he kicked him and the dragon jumped up. He was not that big, about twice the size of a human, quite small for a dragon. ‘’ Hmm? What happened? ‘’ ‘’ You crashed in, and then you fainted ‘’ he smiled ‘’ Humph ‘’ They both sat down and looked at each other. ‘’ How much time do you think it will take before we can do a full change again? ‘’ Ace asked ‘’ About three to five days. You can still change you know, but if you do more than change the shape of your hand then you will be spitting blood before you even realize it ‘’ ‘’ I don’t intend to… unless they attack us that is. I think I will find some place quiet so that we can think about our information up until now. Maybe we can get a clue about where He is ‘’ ‘’ Ok sleepyhead, now wake up ‘’ Octavian teased him ‘’ You were the one sleeping, lizard ‘’ he teased him back. When he woke up, he found out that he was on a bed, covered with animal leather. There was a clinking sound that echoed every five or so seconds. Then he remembered what the situation was. He turned and saw a young girl with white hair and icy blue eyes sharpening a normal dagger. She bore the member of the Thieves Guild ‘’ Brynjolf ‘’ he shouted. Octavian took control again as the anger returned to him ‘’ Where is that bastard, I am gonna kill him ‘’ the girl moved so fast that he barely had time to react. She drove her dagger right on his throat but he stopped it with his mouth. There was a moment of tension between them ‘’ Firstly, he is not a bastard, secondly, he is outside ‘’ She replied with a scary tone but both Ace and Octavian were unfazed. He stood up, wore his cape and got out of the room. When he arrived at the hall, Brynjolf was standing next to the entrance door. Ace walked towards him but Octavian was so angry that took control over him ‘’ Brynjolf ‘’ he shouted and the Master Thief turned ‘’ I will burn you ‘’ he screamed and spit some flames. ‘’ You want me killed? Eh? ‘’ he shouted and snapped his fingers. Brynjolf moved one step in the left avoiding a blast of fire. Ace took control and jumped, but before anyone could do anything, the thief appeared in front of him and aimed his dagger on Ace’s throat. ‘’ What is it lad? Did I so something? ‘’ ‘’ You miss leaded me, I almostdied ‘’ ‘’ If I really wanted you dead I could have done it before and i can do it now ‘’ ‘’ It is a matter of speed then ‘’ Ace smiled. Brynjolf eyes widened and then he laughed. He sheathed his dagger and took a step back. Ace’s right hand, had stopped an inch away from Brynjolf’s gut and a spark was running through his fingers. ‘’ You got some nerve lad ‘’ he laughed ‘’ You have some nerve telling me that I had to face one opponent but actually they were two, both of them experiments ‘’ he extinguished his flame. The guild members who were all ready to kill him, stopped and looked at him surprised. Even the girl from before who was an inch away stabbing Ace’s back stopped and looked at her Master. ‘’ Tell me everything you learned, lad ‘’ he replied with a dead serious expression. These three: Ace, Brynjolf and the girl who introduced herself as Destiny sat on a table. They were silent as Ace explained them what happened during the quest and what he learned. During the fight with Rizer, Destiny whispered something to Brynjolf and he nodded. ‘’ How did you manage to defeat him ‘’ he asked ‘’ I would prefer not to reveal that ‘’ Ace replied but he could tell that those two thieves knew something. When he finished, the only thing that seemed to anger the Master Thief was the fact that he killed the woman. ‘’ I will not let any blood spilled in a quest from the Thieves Guild, lad ‘’ Ace smiled ‘’ The woman was too much of a whore to live. Her blood was turned to air before it could touch the ground, also I believe that I asked you if your rules apply on me… and if I remember correctly you replied that they don’t ‘’ Brynjolf laid back ‘’ So we are a target after all ‘’ he sighed ‘’ What are you gonna do now? ‘’ ‘’ Ain’t sure ‘’ he stood up ‘’ Maybe go somewhere quiet and recollect the information ‘’ ‘’ How about staying here, at the Guild? ‘’ he asked him. ‘’ No! ‘’ Destiny pleaded ‘’ A thief’s life ain’t for me ‘’ ‘’ You will not be a thief. When we learn anything about the Shadow Lord, you will be the one to check it out. As a return we will allow you to stay here. Let’s say that you will be something like… an unofficial member ‘’ he proposed ‘’ It could be useful ‘’ Octavian advised him. He looked at Brynjolf whose eyes were gleaming like he found a big treasure. He closed his eyes and calculated. Ace smiled ‘’ Hell yeah ‘’

TheCaptain

Raz'gul stepped outside sliding right up to John. Face to face the Orc is the first to crack a smile. Small but there. "You know I had to leave."Raz'gul leans in a hug and picks John up with great force picking him up off the ground "I know.....but you could of said goodbye" John replied as he hugged him back, whispering in his ear. "It's good to see you John. We need to talk seems like we have both been busy." "that is probably the understatement of this era" He said laughing as he looked at the wagon.

Raz'gul points to a vacant tent already waiting. "Go now rest my friend. Tomorrow we will run and scout." John turned his head to the tent "Aye ambushing a supply route is tiring work, damn traps took me 4 hours to make." he said turning his head back to Raz'Gul "so early morning or late morning?" he asked him.

Later after speaking with Raz'Gul and inspecting his new living quarters he started to take off his gear, first he unstrapped his quiver and took off his bow leaning them against the bottom of the bed, next he untied his Blade from his belt setting it down in between the bedside cabinet and the bed to hide it just incase of a sudden attacker then he unsheathed his knife before carefully placing it under his pillow for the same reason, finally he drew his throwing knives and put them on the bedside cabinet. after taking off his armor he laid face down on the bed with his hand under the pillow holding the knife and slowly but surely fall asleep.

Destiny

The Fox
    They sat and watched as the two experiments were fighting, the one with the golden scales was clearly infuriated. The battle was bloody and bizarre, she wanted to end all of this. “I can’t take it any more!” She said turning her head to the opposite direction of the fight, trying not to see what was happening, but their roars were piercing her ears. “How come you suddenly don’t want to see fighting. We see people getting killed every day and we see people fight at least ten times a day, so why do you think that it’s bizarre all of a sudden?” he asked her coming towards her, she stood up and grabbed her daggers “Because they are experiments” She said infuriated “Why do you question me since you know what I think about this” Her eyes had started to well up. That feeling, I know it somewhere. “Relax, put your claws in. I forgot how you feel about all of this” He pointed at her from top to bottom. She looked at herself, she was using her powers without purpose. She drew her claws in and was already feeling weary, Shadow noticed that and wrapped his arms around her, passing his hands under hers and supporting her so she wouldn’t collapse. “I’m….sorry” she said as the tiredness supported by the use of her powers without her noticing and preparation and the welled up feelings inside her took over and made her faint.
    When she woke up she was in the recovery chamber of the Guild, she was already feeling better. Suddenly Shadow and Brynjolf opened the door and brought back the elf, bloody and his armor shredded, he was clearly unconscious and in need of medical help. Brynjolf searched the drawers and took out some vials of Health Potions, she sat up on her bed, her back was resting on the wall and she was facing them. “They won’t work…” She said coldly. Shadow turned around and rushed over to his sister, giving her a hug. He was always the one to show exactly what he felt while she was more conserved and she concealed her feelings, replacing them with a stone cold heart and the attitude that she had towards outsiders. “So what will do the trick?” Brynjolf asked her. “Time” She answered examining the Dunmer from afar. “He needs to rest… I will watch over him, you should go outside and help with dinner and training” She said while getting up and grabbing a bucket of water, some pieces of cloth, a strange ornate black vial from her pouch and her ebony and ivory brush. The two men walked out of the room, leaving the other one lying unconscious.
    “Interesting” She said walking over him and sitting in a chair which was right next to the bed he was put on. She dipped a piece of cloth in that water and started cleaning his wounds, humming in the rhythm of her favorite song and singing some of the words keeping her voice as low as possible “And I see fire…” She said singing with a voice so calm, so soothing, with a voice almost angelic. She loved to sing but didn’t want anyone to hear her because she thought that her voice was terrible and that it showed a lot of her feelings. She sat back at her chair and started sharpening her daggers, waiting for him to wake up. When he woke up and shouted ’ Brynjolf ‘’ she looked at him and before she could say anything he spoke again with a slightly different voice ‘’ Where is that bastard, I am gonna kill him ‘’ when she heard that, her only reaction was to put a dagger on his throat. He stopped it with his mouth and they stared into each other’s eyes. “Firstly he is not a bastard, secondly he is outside” She said with a tone that showed the fact that she could slice his throat open with no remorse, but yet he stayed unfazed. He got up, wore his cape and walked out like he was fine. “He’s gonna get killed if he carries on acting that way.” She followed him slowly, having her hands on her daggers. ’ Brynjolf ‘’ he shouted and Brynjolf turned around. ‘’ I will burn you ‘’ he screamed and spit some flames. ‘’ You want me killed? Eh? ‘’ he shouted and snapped his fingers. Brynjolf moved to the left staying calm as always. He then walked towards the elf and aimed his custom made ebony dagger at the Dunmer’s throat. ‘’ What is it lad? Did I do something? ‘’ “Classic Brynjolf” she thought to herself almost laughing ‘’ You miss leaded me, I almost died ‘’ he said arrogantly ‘’ If I really wanted you dead I could have done it before and i can do it now ‘’ ‘’ It is a matter of speed then ‘’ The Dunmer said and smiled. Brynjolf was apparently surprised by his confidence and then laughed. He put his dagger back in it’s sheathe and stepped back, Destiny on the other hand was preparing to strike the elf on the back. “You got some nerve lad ‘’ he laughed ‘’ You have some nerve telling me that I had to face one opponent but actually they were two, both of them experiments ‘’ he extinguished the flame that was in his hand, about to burn Brynjolf’ s gut. Everyone who were about to kill him looked at the Guild master and Destiny paused and looked at him surprised. ‘’ Tell me everything you learned, lad ‘’ he replied with a dead serious expression. He nodded to Destiny to follow him over to a table. She introduced herself and sat down next to Brynjolf. The Dunmer who also introduced himself as Ace started telling them exactly what happened, but Destiny knew most of the events that took place. When he reached the part where he fought with the man with the Dragon wings she leaned closer to Brynjolf and whispered “Ask him how he defeated the man. It’s the only information I don’t have.” And then turned to watch Ace once again. ‘’ How did you manage to defeat him ‘’ he asked, as planned ‘’ I would prefer not to reveal that ‘’ Ace replied “Thought so” she muttered, loud enough for only Brynjolf to hear her. The only downside to his whole story was that he killed that woman. ‘’ I will not let any blood spilled in a quest from the Thieves Guild, lad ‘’ Ace smiled ‘’ The woman was too much of a whore to live. Her blood was turned to air before it could touch the ground, also I believe that I asked you if your rules apply on me… and if I remember correctly you replied that they don’t ‘’ Brynjolf laid back ‘’ So we are a target after all ‘’ he sighed ‘’ What are you gonna do now? ‘’ ‘’ Ain’t sure ‘’ he stood up ‘’ Maybe go somewhere quiet and recollect the information ‘’ ‘’ How about staying here, at the Guild? ‘’ he asked him, much to Destiny’s surprise. “No!” she exclaimed ‘’ A thief’s life ain’t for me ‘’, now that didn’t sound right‘’ You will not be a thief. When we learn anything about the Shadow Lord, you will be the one to check it out. As a return we will allow you to stay here. Let’s say that you will be something like… an unofficial member ‘’ he proposed, his eyes were shining with a shine she only had seen once, when she preformed her initiation trial, to move up to the highest rank before Guild Master, “Shadow” as they called it and one step before becoming a Nightingale. Ace closed his eyes and smiled ‘’ Hell yeah ‘’ he exclaimed. “So it’s scheduled then, you will stay here. Welcome home” Brynjolf said excitedly. “Welcome.” Destiny said as coldly as possible, but she couldn’t help being fond of the other experiment.

“Destiny, we’re heading out for a drink at the Bee n’ Barb, you comin’ or what?” Shadow said almost at the entrance with the rest of the bunch “Maybe in a little, I’m busy over here!” She yelled back at him. “You’re free to go if you want to”. She looked at Ace and said “ We have room for one more, if you want to come with us” , this should be interesting...“Hmph… Why not?” He said awkwardly.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    They moved further down south, avoiding the roads as much as possible. It took longer than expected to reach Northwind Mine. Settled at the mountains next to Shor's Stone, Allen and the Winter Claws looked down on the training grounds. The bandits looked highly organised and disciplined in fighting. Allen turned to Thrynn "Are those the Rift Blades?" he asked pointing at the flag they displayed at the mine entrance, next to the training grounds. The flag was oddly similar to that of Riften. "Yes, my king. They are the most numerous and organised. They outnumber us 3 to one."

Allen turned back and faced the winter blades. "Do you think you can take them on in a fight?" Most of them looked at the ground while one stepped forward and replied "We can, but..we'd rather not. They are too many..". Before Allen could decide what to do Thrynn stepped in "The Rift Blades were exceptional mercenaries before the Shadow Lord came to Skyrim. They were hired by the Jarl of Whiterun and they lost a crucial battle. Somehow, some of them escaped the Shadow Lord" Thrynn paused "So they must hate him" Thrynn shook his head "Those who survived easily took over some bandit clans and promised them more loot. The one who leads them, Wulfen, refuses to attack direct assets of the Shadow Lord. No one knows if he's scared, or in the Shadow Lord's pocket, but many Rift Blades question his judgement."

Allen looked back at the Rift Blades and then turned to command his warriors "We wait. Camp nearby them but don't let them see you." Most of them started to follow Allen's command "Thrynn, you are going to join them". The thief's eyes widened "A-are you certain, my king". Allen nodded "Stay with them for a while, join their conversations, learn how I can exploit their weaknesses. You've been trained to do such things, right?" Thrynn bowed as he made preparations, while Allen's look remained centered on the encampment.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    Snow cushioned my boots, snow bit my skin, snow fell into my eyes, snow was everywhere and I needed to get out of the elements. At the least it wasn’t another blizzard, but there was just so much white everywhere. I’ve been out here for so long I’m beginning to feel warm again.

I need someplace. I trudged through the snow, each step soaking my wet boots again.

I need someplace. At least is nothing out here, and why would they be here it’s nothing but a cold desolate wasteland. A peaceful, place and if I wasn’t to die here, perhaps it would have been a nice place. One foot behind the other, pain spread through the one and the red trail was clearly visible.

“Oh dearie, come in it is very cold outside and those wet clothes won’t help you,” The old lady urged me inside, and settled me down beside a table before setting off towards the basement. The girl looked at me with ice cold stare that could have belonged to the murderer. She never spoke, she never moved, she never blinked. She made me quite uneasy. The old lady rose from the stairs with a pot. No, it was two pots. She set both of the pots on the fire and quickly looked at the girl, and the girl suddenly jumped up and went down the basement. I looked back towards the old lazy. She was busy at the fire.

“Do you have warm clothes?” I asked the lazy. “Yes, she went to get some for you so don’t worry,” she replied.

The girl appeared a shirt and pants landed on me and the girl was gone again.

“Why don’t you get changed, Food is almost ready.” She pointed to a room, and I went in to change with the door closing behind me. I began to think, Food, warmth, shelter, protection and for what reason? Enemy of the Shadow Lord? Shadow Lord? My mind was fogged. I couldn’t think clearly. I changed from the wet clothes into the dry ones, and went back to the room with the fire. Food was ready like she said it would and bowls were set. The pots were by the fire still and I saw something. Why would she use two pots for the same soups? My hand slipped to my waist but the dagger wasn’t there. I looked back towards the child and the old lady.

“Aren’t you going to eat your food dearie? It will warm you up nicely.” It was like she was pleading, Murderer. I looked at the soup, the bland soup and the utterly white meat. There was nothing else.

“No, I think I have to get going. I have. I have to get back home. Sorry for wasting your time,” I moved for the door slowly, trying to not rouse suspicion. It was locked. I felt a grin behind me.

“You sure you ain’t going to eat your nice warm soup,” She shivered with excitement, or was it something else entirely. I was nothing more than enjoyment, I was coaxed and I believed it.

I dived forward, and brought the old lady to the floor and made a run towards the basement. I closed the door and lucky enough I could bar the door, as there was one built in. It was practically safe. Pain? I looked towards my one thigh and there lay a wooden bolt, lodged neatly. As if I wasn’t weak enough. There was a load shudder at the door. Thankfully it was there. What was I going to do? I turned towards the basement room.
    It was small and another door was close by. I needed a weapon. There was still that odd smell in the air. I snapped off the one part of the bolt and left most of the stick in for now. It would bleed worse if I removed it anyway. I opened the door and felt the bile rise to my throat. Skeletons lay everywhere. Some still had flesh clinging to their bones. It was obvious what they were now, they were sick. How many lives had they claimed? It was also all for their sick taste of flesh. There were no weapons. I found only a broom, which I quickly snapped to one angle that seemed sharp. I closed the door to the room that was lined with bodies, only burning lavender around it to cover the smell from traveling too far, there was also an alchemy table and a vial of poison lay on the floor, probably why she needed two pots. There was a backpack with some unlit torches, dried meat wrapped in paper, which I quickly discarded, a few lock picks, and two bottles filled with water. There was also a cabinet filled with clothes, possibly from all the dead bodies. I filled the backpack with all that it would take. On the table I spotted two keys, probably one to the front door but what about the other one? The basement door didn’t have a lock, only a wooden bar. It was now or never. I unbarred the door. I looked up the stairs and saw nothing; I walked up the stairs, hoping the weak wood wouldn’t creek, there was still nothing. I heard a sudden scream and lunged to one side. There was one gasp, and then silence. The old lady was impaled by the make-shift spear. The little girl was nowhere to be found. I quickly pried the dagger from her hands before walking out.

“Stop! In the name of Dawnstar.” A guard shouted, the seemingly innocent girl next to him. I ran, ignoring the biting pain.

Dwelmer ruins, a huge bronze like metal gate. I pushed it open into a small gap just to fit a person and fell in. Alf something, Alf… The name was at the back of my head, I couldn’t remember right now. All I wanted to find was linen and a steam vent that lined these ruins. I was surprised there was nothing, no metal spiders or men. No bandits. It was eerie and off. I forced myself deeper in the ruins and found what I was looking for. A nice warm place. I checked it with my hands and decided it was good enough. I was too tired to check the place. The blood from my wound was probably clogged so I pulled out the rest of the bolt as I bit down on one of the unlit wooden torches. Darkness ensued; before my eyes closed I thought I saw figures. Eyeless, pale figures.

Pufftuff

Raz'gul stayed up late in his tent, looking over a dusty map over and over. Trying to figure out how the Shadow Lord's forces would make their advances on Markarth. He finally made the decision, he and John had the best knowledge of the armies movements and numbers in the Reach. "We must talk to the defense council in Markarth. A tactical retreat maybe the smartest offer." Raz'gul said to himself, shaking his head "That went so well last time". Raz'gul retired to his bed for the night.

Early morning before the sun rose Raz'gul wearing only shorts and everything else packed into a sack. He went to Johns tent. "My friend it's time to go, we need to make a recent map of locations and movements and return to Markarth and warn them." Raz'gul said loudly but a safe distance away, if there was anything he remembered about John its that a weapon was never far from hand. John moved slightly and seemed to start to wake up. "We can't cover that ground the normal way I hope you rested well."

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts