• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Sadly, the only zelda game I have played is the original one on the NES. One of these days I will end up playing the rest.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Zelda sucks...

....major awesomeness.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I had several games of Zelda on my gameboy... It was so awesome that I played it everyday for hours until my little sister got jealous and hid them away. She then forget where she hid them so those games are lost forever. And that is how I never got into Zelda games...

Dzylon

I had several games of Zelda on my gameboy... It was so awesome that I played it everyday for hours until my little sister got jealous and hid them away. She then forget where she hid them so those games are lost forever. And that is how I never got into Zelda games...
You should try the new Skyward Sword, it's one of the best in the series. You too, Finalchrono.

Dzylon

eh. But that's wii. I don't own wii. =/ This is probably what's preventing me from getting into any Zelda games, really. I do hear the game is great though
In that case, don't worry about it. The Wii is an underpowered piece of crap. The Wii games should be playable on the competent Wii U system when it releases, though.

skindog

Zelda was and still is my childhood. I have loved every single Zelda game ever and it's the only reason I didn't sell my Wii when I was strapped for cash. I've been playing Skyward Sword almost as much as Skyrim, and I actually cannot decide which one I prefer.

Dzylon

Zelda was and still is my childhood. I have loved every single Zelda game ever and it's the only reason I didn't sell my Wii when I was strapped for cash. I've been playing Skyward Sword almost as much as Skyrim, and I actually cannot decide which one I prefer.
I prefer Skyrim only because it is bigger. If you were to somehow measure enjoyment per hour, Skyward Sword would still win.

Dzylon

Wait, what? Wouldn't you want to go for something that is more enjoyable?
This is a classic example of quality vs. quantity. Is a perfect game with two hours of gameplay better than a great game with hundreds of hours of gameplay? Is a gallon of good wine better than a liter of great wine? It all comes down to preference. I rate Skyrim as a better game because I'll get more out of it in the end.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
This is a classic example of quality vs. quantity. Is a perfect game with two hours of gameplay better than a great game with hundreds of hours of gameplay? Is a gallon of good wine better than a liter of great wine? It all comes down to preference. I rate Skyrim as a better game because I'll get more out of it in the end.
I think in Skyrim's case, quantity is its quality just because it is overwhelming and stuff you can do in the game is pretty neat. Not to mention, mods. I am only hesitant to put it in my top game list because it has a lot of glitches and bugs and its gameplay is yet to be polished to perfection.

Dzylon

I think in Skyrim's case, quantity is its quality just because it is overwhelming and stuff you can do in the game is pretty neat. Not to mention, mods. I am only hesitant to put it in my top game list because it has a lot of glitches and bugs and its gameplay is yet to be polished to perfection.
Skyward Sword is lacking as well, from the feeble Motion Plus calibration to the... dare I say it... resolution.

Jersey Dagmar

I look at it this way, you wouldn't have Skyrim if it wasn't for Nintendo and Legend of Zelda.

Have a nice day.

Dzylon

I look at it this way, you wouldn't have Skyrim if it wasn't for Nintendo and Legend of Zelda.

Have a nice day.
It's hard to be sure of that, unless there's some factor I'm not familiar with, but I know it wouldn't be the same. A lot of things wouldn't be the same without Nintendo or the Zelda franchise, considering how much they've impacted.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
TES was originally a PC game and the game is more inspired by Dungeons and Dragons which in turn is probably inspired by Tolkien. I'm just making a guessing game here but Nintendo and Zelda probably had no influence on TES series... unless there is some source that points to this theory

Jersey Dagmar

Any RPG would have been influenced by Zelda. Why throw in an outfit that looks like Link's in the game? You're telling me, a game that came out in the 80's would have no influence on a game that came out in the early 90's? Platform means nothing. I'm sure the guys on Bethseda have played LoZ, just saying. There's your influence.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I disagree... Just because the game is older and the developers might have played the game before the development doesn't mean it had any influence. I really don't see any direct relationship between TES and LoZ. They are both RPG but in a complete different category. I would say The Binding of Isaac is inspired by LoZ but there is little connection between TES and LoZ. LoZ does have a larger impact on the gaming industry than TES since it's older and considered a classic NES game but RPG is a genre older than Zelda franchise so I wouldn't just claim LoZ to be the mother of all RPG or something.

Jersey Dagmar

Did I say it was the mother of all RPG's? You're just putting words in my mouth. You see, I look at all mediums when it comes to what can cause a person to be inspired. I would wager that all forms of RPG's are connected in some fashion.

It's like you're saying that cause LoZ is a console game, and TES started out as PC, there's no way for them to be anything alike.

As I stated, I feel all RPG's are connected. The vast majority all have similar traits.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts