• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
I can definitely put up with her "dark side." After all, every time you pass each other in town, she says something like, "Every day's a beautiful day with you around." Or something to that effect. I may be wrong on the "beautiful" part. What's not to like about that?

Al'Tair

This sentence is false
I can definitely put up with her "dark side." After all, every time you pass each other in town, she says something like, "Every day's a beautiful day with you around." Or something to that effect. I may be wrong on the "beautiful" part. What's not to like about that?

"It's a fine day with you around!"

To me her dark side makes her even better. It pretty much shows us that no one is perfect, no matter how nice or kind or gentle they are (because she IS nice, she doesn't just LOOK nice. Just look at how she acts during the Sanguine quest. It's adorkable, really. Actually, I think that to me, personally the only one who manages to be more adorkable than her is Serana, and that's saying something, considering Serana's the character I care about the most in the entire game.)

Al'Tair

This sentence is false
That's it! Thank you, Al'Tair. :)

Yep, Serana's pretty special, too. <3

No problem, mate! ^^

I love Serana so much, seriously. It's even better when you consider that she cares about you either way, even if you're outright rude with her. Such a sweetie <3.

dunklunk

No problem, mate! ^^

I love Serana so much, seriously. It's even better when you consider that she cares about you either way, even if you're outright rude with her. Such a sweetie <3.

Yeah, I got that about her, too. As a red-blooded male, I try to look beyond the fact that she's so dang HOT, too! Sorry, just being honest. ;)

Al'Tair

This sentence is false

No problem, mate! ^^

Yeah, I got that about her, too. As a red-blooded male, I try to look beyond the fact that she's so dang HOT, too! Sorry, just being honest. ;)

Very true. One cannot deny the fact that she's extremely pretty (and hot, yeah, true, despite being a vampire [I.E.: physically cold] XD.) But she's pretty AND sweet, so that's a bonus. It's actually a good thing we can't marry her, because I'd eventually end up marrying her with all and any of my characters and probably forget the rest of the game and just spend time inside the house, with her, so there's that. (Damn,I sound like a stalker, don't I? XD)

dunklunk

Oh yeah, forgot about the vampire part. Rain on my parade, why don'tcha, Al'Tair. :D

Yeah, I remember that was a hot topic here on the forums shortly after the DLC release. There was lots of bitching going on about NOT being able to marry her. :mad:

Stalker? You? Naw, furthest thing from my mind. :rolleyes:

Al'Tair

This sentence is false
Oh yeah, forgot about the vampire part. Rain on my parade, why don'tcha, Al'Tair. :D

Yeah, I remember that was a hot topic here on the forums shortly after the DLC release. There was lots of bitching going on about NOT being able to marry her. :mad:

Stalker? You? Naw, furthest thing from my mind. :rolleyes:

Sorry? Wasn't my intention to rain on your parade XD Look at it from this angle: if she's a vampire, the bond between her and the DB is even sweeter is your DB happens to be a Dawnguard hunter and a werewolf (or a regular, not-werewolf one, really) :3

Oh, I remember the bitching. But I think not being able to marry her is kinda cool, because it really sets her apart from all the "generic marriable NPCs"; a lot of people only have their DB married for the gold bonus, but with Serrana, it's probably out of affection that people want their DB to marry her. So whatever the DB and Serana have between them (even if it's only a strong friendship, as it's the case with my already-married-to-Ysolda-Khajiit) is genuine.

Also, her not wanting to be romantically involved with the DB is pretty fitting, even if she does like them, because when you consider what is involved in the creation of the Daughters of Coldharbour, well... she probably views romantic relationships as unhealthy and is afraid it'll ruin her friendship with the DB. That and well, she does mention not being too cool with temples. The dev team does think of everything when you think about it, don't they? XD

dunklunk

Yes, yes they did. Good points all, on your part. Spot on about players wanting the DB marrying her and all. I think at that point, she was so fresh, new, and a vampire for cryin' out loud, that only maximized her attractiveness as a spouse. Well, that and perhaps the fact that most were probably tired of their current spouse or even bored with what else there was to choose from.

Serana? A breath of fresh air, in a manner of speaking, since y'know, she doesn't really breathe. :)

Al'Tair

This sentence is false
Yes, yes they did. Good points all, on your part. Spot on about players wanting the DB marrying her and all. I think at that point, she was so fresh, new, and a vampire for cryin' out loud, that only maximized her attractiveness as a spouse. Well, that and perhaps the fact that most were probably tired of their current spouse or even bored with what else there was to choose from.

Serana? A breath of fresh air, in a manner of speaking, since y'know, she doesn't really breathe. :)

Couldn't have said it better myself. With the exception of the Companions (as in, Aela, Vilkas and Farkas), Brelyna, Camilla and Ysolda, I don't think there are really any very interesting choices to marry your DB to, regardless of gender. There's Muiri, if you want a "dark marriage" (because let's be honest, she'd try to have a way to kill you in your sleep if she thought you double-crossed her in any way) for your assassin, but if you're not an assassin/mage/Companion, what else is there to choose from? Literally Ysolda and Camilla. Those are the only ones. Even Mjoll and Aela/Vilkas/Farkas aren't options I'd pick, even though I like their characters, because marrying them means confining them to a "domestic" (for lack of a better word) life whenever they're not adventuring with you and that sort of takes away their badassery IMO. (Another reason for me to prefer Serana being unmarriable.) There aren't even marriable Khajiit; I mean, come on...

Serana, on the other hand, has a personality. She feels alive (no pun intended), real, someone who the actual player cares for as opposed to only their character caring for in a RP backstory. Now, that's all well and good, because this is a roleplaying game after all, and you're essentially "controlling" someone else, so of course maybe your character would be attracted to/like someone you, particularly, would find bland. But let's face it, a lot of players want their character to marry someone they, themselves, actually care for. And Serana's relationship with the DB is shown to grow. It's not out of the blue like most of the other marriage options. That bit just before [SPOILER, I GUESS?]

you enter the Soul Cairn (if you're not a vampire)

[END OF SPOILER]

shows just this. They went from casual acquaintances to very good friends, at the least. That, I think, is what draws people to her. She is likeable. And she definitely likes you, no matter how you treat her. Serana is, I think, excellent writing on Bethesda's part. And I understand their decision of not letting players marry her.

Am I ranting? Please someone tell me if I happen to be (and apologies in advance if that's the case.)

Last edited:

dunklunk

Yeah, that would be me. I married Mjoll. No regrets (yeah, as if they all don't say that) :rolleyes: but you're right. She's always at whatever house has been nominated the-house-to-be-at and she just walks around the house or sleeps. Man, this ain't the warrior woman I effin' married. Unless you take her on a quest, but that's not the point. o_O

Seems like you, my initial and time-sinkable character was also a Khajiit.

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
Yeah, that would be me. I married Mjoll. No regrets (yeah, as if they all don't say that) :rolleyes: but you're right. She's always at whatever house has been nominated the-house-to-be-at and she just walks around the house or sleeps. Man, this ain't the warrior woman I effin' married. Unless you take her on a quest, but that's not the point. o_O

You forgot to mention Aerin's creepy stalkerish tendencies.

Al'Tair

This sentence is false

Exactly. Mjoll is too awesome to be in a house all the time; wasn't she an adventurer herself before the DB married her (if they do, that is)? Bethesda should have written this type of marriage option as going out and having some adventures of their own sometimes, and mentioning it to the DB, IMO, but oh well.

Yep, my first and favorite character is a Khajiit. No matter how many characters I end up creating, I always end up coming back to play as Al'Tair (his name) <3

dunklunk

Ha ha! Good call, Nocte! Aerin was indeed on the creepy side. Think I tried killing him, but I don't believe I was successful. Mjoll seemed kinda attached. There wasn't the option of "Making It Look Like An Accident." Bummer. :sadface:

And Al'Tair? Exactly my point about Mjoll, pre-marriage. We co-oped on quests, and man, she was kick-ass! She'd always charge! Or >cough< maybe that was just because I was hanging back enjoying the scenery. Yeah, that's the ticket. The view. :rolleyes:

Al'Tair

This sentence is false
Ha ha! Good call, Nocte! Aerin was indeed on the creepy side. Think I tried killing him, but I don't believe I was successful. Mjoll seemed kinda attached. There wasn't the option of "Making It Look Like An Accident." Bummer. :sadface:

And Al'Tair? Exactly my point about Mjoll, pre-marriage. We co-oped on quests, and man, she was kick-ass! She'd always charge! Or >cough< maybe that was just because I was hanging back enjoying the scenery. Yeah, that's the ticket. The view. :rolleyes:

Sure. The view. Of course. XD

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Did anybody know that Ysolda is a drug-dealer?
The following is a note that can be found on the corpse of an Orc drug-dealer.

Skyrim:Ysolda's Message - UESPWiki

If you as her about the note, she'l try to employ you as her supplier.
This bothers me...
Well, of course! Why do you think I marry her on every playthrough! Sure it ain't skooma, but the Sap's almost as good.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

Reaper87

吉光
I tend to only visit Whiterun for political purposes (speaking to the Jarl) and for storing extra junk in Breezehome, as my High Elf lives in Solitude with Taarie - I don't get caught up with all of Ysolda's 'business' (although I have completed the quest just for the sake of completing the quest :p).

On an unrelated note, my Orc married the beautiful Borgakh (the Steel Heart) and they live in Markarth, by the forge :D

However, my Khajiit is still single (eh ladies? ;))

Benthos

Proud Mer
I find Karliah to be pretty awesome as well which I found it a shame I couldn't marry her, Serena gets annoying if I leave my character idol for a bit because she just continues to repeat the same statement within every passing few seconds. You can't have her wait anywhere either so I can't get a moment to listen to anyone without freaking out, telling her to WAIT HERE!!! and hope she sits still. NORMALLY if you're doing this she would go do something like smithing, alchemy, etc. but if there's no tables or chairs for her to use... dear god... I love the character but oh my god... PLEASE!!!

As beautiful as Serena is, have you seen how blue Karliah's eyes are?? She's also very smart and old like Serena. Dunmer are gifted with long lives, I wish we can have young looking Dunmer as well seeing as how in the unmodded game no matter how young you make your character... yeah...
1508438-1373861842.jpg

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts