1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice

Your WTF/LOL Moments?

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by Erqiosk, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Mithradates

Mithradates Member

Yesterday a dragon attacked as I was approaching Riften from the south. So I engaged it and fought it, and at one point it landed. It was only after I had pressed the button to hit it with a fus-ro-dah that I noticed it had landed by a farm and there were people all around it. So my shout pissed everyone off and a guard came running at me. I sheathed my weapon so we could settle it diplomatically, and I get the "you have committed crimes against Skyrim and her people" and so on. I tell the guard I'm with the Thieves' Guild and offer 20 gold to settle my bounty. While we're having this conversation, I can see behind her this dragon fighting these farmers and other guards, and the whole thing is just comical. As she's saying "I can make your problems with the guards go away, but it will cost you", the dragon is right behind her blasting everyone with frost, and she doesn't bat an eye, so important was my little crime to her. I'm clicking through the buttons as fast as I can to get this over with so I can kill this dragon. Finally it got all settled and everyone became non-hostile to me, and I got to kill the dragon. Amazingly, no one else had gotten killed during this humorous interval.

Another funny moment happened today when I murdered someone in Riften. It was Drifa, the wife of Bersi, the owner of the Pawned Prawn. I needed to rob that store, and Drifa doesn't go to sleep at night so every time I break in, she's there at the counter telling me I need to leave. So I decide to get her out of the way, partly for practical reasons and partly because she's so annoying and she inconvenienced me and my character is kind of a jerk that way (being a member of the Dark Brotherhood and all). After inconclusively following her around all day as she wandered around the marketplace, and not getting any opportunity to kill her without witnesses, I decided to ambush her the next morning as she walked out of the Pawned Prawn. It's in an alley, rarely any witnesses nearby. She comes out at 9:00 and I quickly creep up behind her with a dagger and end her. Immediately afterward, someone, I think it was the blacksmith Balimund, yelled out in this booming voice: "BY THE GODS, DID THAT REALLY JUST HAPPEN?". Something about the way he said it and how unexpected it was just made me laugh uncontrollably for 10 minutes.

2. Carnivora

Carnivora New Member

Oy, gotta love running down the road, to take a turn and literally bump into a giant.... who proceeds to do nothing. I hack his legs, he does nothing. HEs just standing there swinging his arms. I couldn't even kill him- it was like it didn't exist. Hm.

Also: spoilers !!!

I played through six opening scenes and just now found out I can follow the stormcloaks right from the get-go. Serious wtf on my part.

3. Mithradates

Mithradates Member

Had a WTF/LOL moment tonight. I got a bounty letter from the Bee and Barb in Riften to kill the bandit leader at Nilheim. I'm sure veteran players already know where I'm going with this lol, but it was a new one for me.

When I went there, I charged up to the tower from the river. I encountered one of the bandits, who proceeded to... ask me what he can do for me. I was already keyed up to fight so I began blasting him with fire before the weirdness of the situation registered with me. He then says "don't set the place on fire!", as I'm setting him on fire. I cancel the spell and he casually walks away, completely unbothered by the fact that I had just been bathing him in flame, and I just kind of sit there being perplexed. I go up into the tower and see the boss man (with the objective mark over him) laying there sleeping. He's just marked "guard". I click the "talk" option and he, like the other guy (also marked "guard"), asks me what he can do for me. Then he lays back down and goes to sleep again. Again I'm perplexed. I explore around the place a little and there's a bunch of bandit-looking guys just hanging around chilling.

So I pause the game and get on the computer (I play on PS3) to search about what the heck is going on with Nilheim, thinking it's a bug. I gather that there's a unique event at that tower in which you're supposed to run into an injured-looking guy named Telrav on the road nearby, and he asks for your help and then takes you up to the tower to be ambushed by his bandit pals, the ones posing as "guards". So I get back on the game, go find Telrav, he brings me up to the tower area and finally the bandits take up their weapons and fight.

From that point on everything went normal. Though there was a hilarious moment where me, my flame atronach, and my follower Brelyna's flame atronach all blasted the aforementioned bandit leader with a fireball at the same time while he was standing at the edge of a cliff, and he went soaring off, on fire, and fell God knows where. I looked over the cliff and couldn't even see him. I had to pause the game so I could laugh.

I've had a few other funny moments lately. One that I can recall off the top of my head happened at Whitewatch Tower just northeast of Whiterun. A dragon attacked there and I jumped in to help the guards kill it. Immediately after the dragon died, even as everyone is sheathing their weapons, one of the guards turns to me (with the dragon on fire right behind him) and says "my cousin is out fighting dragons, and what do I get? Guard duty!" XD

4. Mithradates

Mithradates Member

Yesterday I cleared the dungeon of Ragnvald, near Markarth, in which I found a word wall and learned a Shout. When I got back to Markarth, a courier ran up to me and I got this letter:

"Felyn Nithryon,

You caused a bit of stir in Ragnvald when you demonstrated the power of your Thu'um. Not everyone is anxious for the return of the Dragonborn.

I for one desire to see you grow and develop your talents. Skyrim needs a true hero these days.

You should turn your attention to Ragnvald. I understand it holds a mysterious source of power that can only be unlocked by the Dragonborn.

Sincerely,

A Friend"

YOU DON'T SAY :p

Oh, and another time at Markarth (this was quite a while back in a different campaign, but I just remembered it), I was swimming in the river outside the city, trying to catch fish for alchemy ingredients. While I was trying to grab a particular fish, I hear the words "get 'im, get 'im!". I surface and look around, and there's a Markarth guard standing by the water watching me, rooting for me to catch the fish. I thought this was hilarious.

Edit:
    I thought of another WTF I had a while back. So, you know those two Alik'r guys that just hang around the entrance of Whiterun forever after you do the Alik'r quest (regardless of which way you go with it)? Well, I decided to kill them as I always do, because they're annoying. I usually kill one of them on one night, then the other one the next night; I rarely do both at the same time because I'm focused on making my getaway without incurring a bounty. So I kill one of the Alik'r with an arrow from the dark (this was a different campaign; not my current pure mage campaign where I don't use arrows). Since Breezehome is a little too close to the crime scene and I always come under attack when I try to get there after doing this, I sneak up to the Bannered Mare instead. Well, at this time I'm in the middle of the Delphine quest where we went to Kynesgrove and stuff, and we're on the way back to Riverwood. When I go into the Bannered Mare, she's in there. And she turns hostile and attacks me. None of the other patrons do, but she does. Like she knows I killed the Alik'r guy. So a rumble breaks out in the Bannered Mare, with all the other patrons turning on Delphine in my defense. Of course she's essential, so she would kill them all. I quickly get the hell out of there. I decide to reload to just before I committed the murder, figuring this was a freak incident. I go through the same process, get to the Bannered Mare, and wham, Delphine attacks me again. So this time I decide to just leave and head to Riverwood, figuring that she'll arrive there the next day or so, and when she does she'll have calmed down. I leave the Bannered Mare, go racing down the main street of Whiterun, pass by the other Alik'r guy and the guards who try to kill me (I don't have a bounty, but everyone knows I'm guilty somehow), and head out into the countryside. I soon arrive at Riverwood. I figure, ok, I'm fine here. I'll just wait here for Delphine and everything will go back to normal. I walk into the Sleeping Giant Inn, and oh crap, there's Delphine, whom I had JUST left in the Bannered Mare! Somehow she beat me to Riverwood. And she attacks me! And once again, all the townspeople come to my defense, because she looks like the aggressor. So finally I just reloaded back in Whiterun, killed the Alik'r and did NOT enter the Bannered Mare but sneaked to Breezehome instead. After that, everything went on normally.

#1104 Mithradates, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
  5. Grishnag

Grishnag New Member

Well I once exited Jorvasker probably on some stupid companion quest . Just as I reached the top of the stairs facing the big dying tree in the town square , Some floating person in sitting posture zipped past my line of sight at one heck of a speed . Too fast to tell if he or she was even sitting on a chair .

Arrghh these levitating mages from Winterhold . I really should talk to Jarl Balgruf about all these riffraff , he allows into the city .... "Slow down buddy , you gonna slam into a wall . "

6. GovernorHit

GovernorHit New Member

An army of mammoth were falling on me as they fell from the skies. I never been so scared in my life but it was interesting but it was really random.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

7. Mithradates

Mithradates Member

Today I was heading to Whiterun from Winterhold, on the road from the northeast. As I'm approaching the two bridges near the Meadery, I see this headless horseman ghost. I've seen him once before in a previous game, near Markarth. I'm not quite sure what to make of him. Anyway, he was moving in the same direction I was. And as he was crossing the north-south bridge across the river, he passed by a Whiterun guard. I was curious to see how the guard would react. He didn't make any visible or audible reaction as the ghost passed him. When I got up to the guard (I was barely behind the horseman), he turned to me, with the ghost still in plain view, and said "You seen those warriors from Hammerfell? They've got curved swords. Curved swords." Lmao yeah ok guy, a headless ghost just rode right in front of your face, but a curved sword, that's a remarkable sight. XD

This reminds me. In my previous game as a Redguard, one of the guards in some town gave me the same line, asking me if I've seen the warriors from Hammerfell with the curved swords. He said it to me, myself a warrior from Hammerfell, as I was in full Alik'r garb with a scimitar on my belt plain as day. I thought that was pretty funny.

8. folgore

folgore New Member

One of the game's little inside jokes is that when you are forced to drop perfectly good equipment because you've reached your maximum load, some random NPC will walk up to you and say "can I have that?" Well my PC was attacking a Foresworn camp in the hills and we had pretty much killed everyone off when I had to start dumping excess gear. At that point, one remaining Foresworn came over to ask if he could have the equipment we dropped. After saying yes, he could have it all, he then resumed attacking us.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Mithradates

Mithradates Member

I was leaving Riften and, as I was passing by the Khajiit merchants' camp, I saw three heavily-armored strangers coming up the path from the direction of Merryfair Farm, looking right at me. I knew right away, there's only one thing that could mean. I'm on a new character now, just started a new game a few days ago, and I'm still pretty low-level, so I wasn't looking forward to clashing with three heavily-armored hired thugs. I knew there was no escaping them, but I ran on down toward those three watchtowers where Riften guards walk on patrol, in the hope that the guards might back me up after I come under such an, ahem, unprovoked attack.

So I get down there and I'm walking alongside a Riften guard, and the hired thugs reach me and tell me they're here to teach me a lesson. They get their weapons out, and I kid you not, the guard RUNS AWAY, deciding she wasn't interested in getting involved in this. So here I am, on my own, a newish low-level character wearing light armor and wielding some not very impressive weapons, against three heavily-armored hired thugs and their massive two-handed behemoth weapons.

Well, it got pretty hairy for a while, and I had to use all my healing potions and stamina potions and every poison in my inventory, but I did finally overcome the hired thugs. At which point that guard, who was casually standing by watching the whole fight, walked on over, looked down at one of the dead thugs, and had the nerve to say "Oh! What happened?"

I then searched the thugs for the contract to see who had commissioned this attempt on my life. To my surprise and intense amusement, I saw that it was Hafjorg, the sweet little old lady from Elgrim's Elixirs in Riften. I had robbed the shop a few days prior to get some expensive potions, poisons and ingredients that I couldn't afford at the time but quite needed (indeed, I ended up using them while defending myself from the hired thugs, ironically).

The thing is, I had literally just come from Elgrim's Elixirs, where I had spoken to Hafjorg. She asked me to go to Shor's Stone to pick up an ore sample from the blacksmith there, and I accepted, proceeding to walk right into an ambush by hired thugs commissioned by this kindly little old lady, whose sweet exterior masked the fact that she coldheartedly and calculatingly prepared a hit on my life and sent me obliviously walking right into it under the guise of an errand.

I had to pause the game I was laughing so hard. I know this is all random game mechanics, but still, I just find the thought so funny.

So, I went on to Shor's Stone, picked up the ore sample, came back to Riften, went to Grelka to sell the loot I'd stripped from the hired thugs, then made my way down to Elgrim's Elixirs to give Hafjorg her ore sample. She seemed mildly surprised to see me, or perhaps I just imagined it. She thanked me politely for my help, and even gave me some new potions as a reward for making the journey. The hidden message was clear: "This time was just a warning. But now you know what will happen if you cross me."

Don't mess with Hafjorg. She may look nice, she may look vulnerable, she may appear to be the devoted put-upon wife of her grumpy old husband, but beneath that facade is a heart of steel that will plot the murder of anyone who crosses her and send you strolling merrily to your doom with a polite request and a smile, while the town guards, perhaps in her pocket, stand by and look the other way. Make no mistake: it's Hafjorg who runs that town, while letting Maven Black-Briar only think she does.

XD

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mithradates

Mithradates Member

I've had several WTF/LOLs in the last few days.

The other day I started a new playthrough. When I got to Riverwood for the first time, I spent the night in the inn, and the next morning went out to seek Faendal, whom I wanted to make my follower. I found him laying dead in the street in front of the blacksmith's place for no apparent reason.

I was passing by the farm just south of Riften when a frostbite spider attacked the farm. The Riften guards yelled at it "Stop! In the name of the jarl!"

This one was a massive WTF. I was attacking the bandits in Fort Greenwall. There's a room with a dead alchemist in a cage. The alchemist's corpse was flopping around wildly at rapid speed in that cage. Creepiest thing I've ever seen. I once found a goat doing that on the 7,000 steps, but hadn't seen anything like that again until the alchemist.

I found Aerin dead in the Riften marketplace. Just like Faendal, no apparent reason. I thought it was possible that he'd died when a fight involving a thief broke out in the night (as often happens in Riften), but there was no dead thief to be found.

I was in Karthwasten dealing with the Silverblood issue. When I came out of the mine, I found a dead hagraven laying in front of the entrance. No idea how that happened lol. It wasn't there when I went in, that's for sure.

11. Mithradates

Mithradates Member

Yesterday I was going along the road between Riften and Ivarstead when I was attacked by a dragon. The dragon hit the ground and died before I could even hit it with a single arrow. Free soul at least!

Speaking of dragon attacks, some time ago I was attacked by one just outside of Windhelm, by the stables. Me and several guards and other bystanders fought it and it died flopped over the cart driven by the guy who takes you to different cities. He was just sitting there on the cart, never got down to fight, didn't seem to care about the burning dragon corpse on top of his cart or the skeleton left behind; he just sat there looking straight ahead. It was funny because I was picturing/hearing him in my head as Eustace from Courage the Cowardly Dog. "Nope, not gettin' outta this chair!"

Just now, I was again going along the river between Riften and Ivarstead (I've been going back and forth to and from the Rift imperial camp), and as I arrived at Heartwood Mill, a courier ran up to me. I thought he was going to give me a "letter from a friend", since I had just been using Shouts to blow fish out of the river, but instead he gave me not one but two letters of inheritance, for people named Ogol and Lob. I didn't recognize the names, so I came to the computer and looked them up, and they're Orcs from Largashbur, that stronghold that's always being attacked by giants. This one's a WTF because I had finished that quest some time ago so they should have been safe now. But apparently me passing by on the road to the imperial camp triggered another giant attack on the stronghold, and those two characters got killed by it. Times like this, I regret being a console player who can't have the unofficial patch that fixes dumb problems like that.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cybernettr

Cybernettr Member

I was about to create a new thread for this, but then found this thread, which seems to fit.

I find a laugh out loud moments fall into two categories — 1. obvious bugs in Skyrim and 2. events that are part of the built-in randomness of the game designed to keep it interesting.

Something that definitely falls into the bug category was when I was on the deck of the Northern Maiden after fast traveling to Solstheim and I saw this “flash“ and I turned around and there was the giant skeleton of the last Dragon I had recently killed appearing behind me right there on the deck of the boat!

• Like Like x 1
    #1112 Cybernettr, May 19, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
  13. Cybernettr

Cybernettr Member

Here is a funny “only happened to me once“ event. I was at Katla’s Farm near Solitude to knock out an escaped criminal for the Companions. I was sneaking about, some distance from Katla’s Farm, near the main trail to Solitude and getting ready to close in for the kill. I started shooting arrows at the criminal when all of a sudden, a horse appears, finishes the job for me and then calmly walks back to the stables! Never had that happen before or since! No, I didn’t own the horse!

• Like Like x 1
    #1113 Cybernettr, May 19, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
  14. Cybernettr

Cybernettr Member

Here’s another funny happening. I was battling a bandit near the Altar of Thrond at a mountainside in Solstheim. After using my staff to summon a Dremora Lord who proceeded to cut the bandit’s head off, I watched the head roll down the hill until it hit some stones. Venturing into the cave there, I found the quest item I was looking for. Once back outside, I was thinking about my next move when all of a sudden the bandit’s head once again rolls past me! The body of the bandit seemed to be gone by then, but I could still loot the head!

Latest Given Reputation Points:
    shadowkitty: 47 Points May 31, 2019