1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice

Your "wow" moments.

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by Touchstone, Nov 12, 2011.

1. CitizenKane

CitizenKane Member

After not playing Skyrim (or any games for that matter) for about a year, I finally got around to buying a new monitor last week - an ROG Swift PG279Q - and of course the first thing I did with it was download the Skyrim Special Edition and start a new play through.

While there are ups and downs with the Special Edition, overall I think it has greatly enhanced the visual experience of the game (complemented in no small part I'm sure by this ridiculous monitor). I played for about 24 hours in total over the weekend (my girlfriend was away!) and on many occasions while wandering across Skyrim I was gobsmacked by the view and had to stop to take it all in.

I love that the game is still giving me these wow moments. However my original wow moment was when I discovered Blackreach for the first time. This was the first TES game I ever played and that moment has stuck with me more than any other in my gaming life (closely followed by arriving in Rapture in Bioshock).

So during my marathon session this weekend I inevitably ended up in Blackreach and it still blows me away. Obviously it's not possible to replicate that sensation of experiencing it for the first time, but it's remarkable to think that 5 years on it still has such an impact.

• Like Like x 2
    #1841 CitizenKane, May 16, 2017
    Last edited: May 17, 2017
  2. Skyrue

Skyrue New Member

The bethesda screen, or the sound of it, can really turn me on if i haven't played for a while :D:D

Entering Sovngarde is also a good wow moment.

Oh, and I also really like the call of the greybeards too. With every play-through, I always make sure I take a moment to appreciate it's grandness.

• Like Like x 1
    #1842 Skyrue, Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  3. Grungethefallen

Grungethefallen Princess_Nek0xna

I remember being wow'ed by the elder scroll when seeing the vision through it and then the slow motion killing in the game when i first started playing it.

4. trunkynugget

trunkynugget New Member

I'm only a couple hours in, but so far I've been wowed by how much dialogue there seems to be, yet how all of it appears to be voice acted. I don't see this often in games of this scale and to me, that shows just how much effort was put into making this game special. Idk if this counts really but I just wanted to put my two cents in.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nephor The Shadow Stalker

Nephor The Shadow Stalker Strike swiftly and silently.

Man I kinda envy first time players. I was blown away by just about everything for the first time. Had a mage wood elf with some sword skills. I remember the first time I used bound sword and even now still looks dope but seeing it for the first time. Looking all etheral and the wind sound it gave off. Then there was the fire magic. Flames was just awesome. I mean I felt like The Human Torch. :D Now I still come across easter eggs that I haven't spoiled for myself. The Donkey Kong one tripped me out and the 3 Billy Goats Gruff was a serious wow moment for me. :)

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

6. trunkynugget

trunkynugget New Member

That's a good point! I've always believed that your first experience with something is usually the best, just because of the magical feeling you get from doing something for the first time. I honestly wish I could forget all my favourite games just so I could experience them all again for the first time.

7. Davimiir

Davimiir Yol Toor Shul!!!

I was once passing through the snowy northern region from the rocky pass on my way to the college. As I passed over the first crest I could see several ugly trolls wondering the path ahead. Suddenly, a 'random' blood dragon swooped down with it's usual awsomeness and began attacking all the trolls-of course I joined in! After 10-15 minutes of running around beating up trolls with my new friend without him getting grumpy with me I said: WOW!!!!! hehehe