Your very first time dying in Skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Skittenlily

Juggernaut Assassin
My first death was my very first time in Dwemer ruins fighting the Falmer that wear armor. I didnt even think about trying to sneak and shoot them stealthily with bow and arrows....I tried to fight them head on with only steel plate armor....I must've died 5 times before I realized, "OH! THEY'RE BLIND!!!!" I switched to my light armor set and a ring and necklace that powered up sneak and archery. It was a friggin cake walk!!!! Sometimes my own stupidity amazes me lol

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
My first death in Skyrim.....well, I was on my way to bleak falls barrow to find the Golden Claw(Becuase I was ignoring the main quest like a good RPG player) and for some reason there was a giant on the path leading to it. I honestly had no idea that giants weren't intelligent or friendly and I ran up to talk to it. I then joined Skyrim's mile-high club.

My stupidest death however, occurred much later, in that lake near Riverwood. You see, I was running along the shore after a fight with a bear and got distracted by something IRL. I hadn't healed, wasn't paying attention and just stood there while a slaughterfish nibbled away. I refocused my attention just in time to die, and then die of embarrassment.:oops:

My very first time dying in Skyrim took place so long ago, that if not for the sadness I felt, I would never remember. You see, I had just escaped Helgen, and I, like many others, decided to check out the world of Skyrim. I was making my way towards either Windhelm or Winterhold, which ever pass has the white saber-tooth, I had (narrowly, I might add) evaded the beast and its overpowering attacks to such a low level. When, not soon after, my joy stick on my PS3 controller got "stuck" in a sense, as it was more of the mechanical piece, rather than the actual joystick. Before I was able to correct this problem, my character took a swan dive off of a rather high cliff.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I fell off the College of Winterhold bridge.

Snake Tortoise

Here's For Your Trouble
History just repeated itself for me. Ran through Shriekwind Bastion killing skeletons without breaking my stride but the master vampire took me down. I know why- I've got max magic resistance and his spells were doing nothing to me, so I wrote it off as an easy fight. But when he switched to his sword he took off almost all of my health with three or four swings (that I should have blocked) and then kill cam-ed me. The worst thing was I thought I'd saved just before that fight but I hadn't, so right back to the entrance for me. Idiot :sadface:

valiantx

My first experience of dying in Skyrim was at the beginning when you had to escape the town of Helgen, I decided to fight the dragon like the proud warrior I was, but my bare hands were not stretchable enough to slap the attacking dragon and thus I soon found me self engulfed in flames! I nearly died the next time I played, but fate led me to coward away under the roof of a burning cottage... twas a let down to me ego and pride to do such a wimpy thing.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
History just repeated itself for me. Ran through Shriekwind Bastion killing skeletons without breaking my stride but the master vampire took me down. I know why- I've got max magic resistance and his spells were doing nothing to me, so I wrote it off as an easy fight. But when he switched to his sword he took off almost all of my health with three or four swings (that I should have blocked) and then kill cam-ed me. The worst thing was I thought I'd saved just before that fight but I hadn't, so right back to the entrance for me. Idiot :sadface:
I hate it when someone gets a kill-cam on you. Had a Stormcloak Headbutt me to death with the help of his Warhammer a few days ago...

JoshSmith100

My first time dying was when I tried taking over Whiterun. I remember I killed someone in the town and thought wow this will be real easy to take everyone out. It went real well for awhile but then I realized some people were not possible to be killed and I eventually died.

My first passing was encountering a giant. I approached his camp, and he saw me. I stopped and we stared each other down.
I inched forward; he kept staring. Not moving, not doing anything. Just staring.

So, I did what any hero would do. I charged in, sword raised, ready to do battle. My prey did not move, he just kept staring at me.

Across his camp, around the fire, and ready to strike first. I clicked and readied myself to block. What happened next is a blur.

In one swift move, I found myself floating in the sky with no real memory of how I got there. I could do nothing but watch in horror as my precious avatar ascended in to the heavens. That must have been quite a hit.

I thought to myself - that was a lucky shot. Reload and repeat. :\ Twice.

Swordslam

I got attacked by a pack of wolves and didn't have any weapons equipped. I tried punching them to death, but they over powered me.

First time was when I tried to help Hadvar with the wolves outside of Helgen. I didn't see them coming and they took me out. I learned how to save after that.

Vegito123

I got close to a mammoth and two giants came to me I had a hard time attacking them both at the same time, one grabbed me threw me to rock managed to dodge it in time. When I got up one was attacking me and the other one too managed to injure one quite badly, it just made him more angry they ganged up once again I was at low level so was not a good idea to take them on. I was beaten badly and died, decided to be more careful and not go near them or by accident unless real strong.

TheNatural

Might not have been my first death, but the first one I remember is when I accidentally cast flames on a guard in Riverwood and they slaughtered me.

GlacialDoom

Killed a goddamned chicken in Riverwood. I didn't know everyone would get their panties in a bunch for just one chicken! Thank god I knew about quick saving.

Dandapatra

I walked into the Earl of Whiterun's house and killed him. Then I started attacking all his guards and was like "This'll be easy" Then he respawned and I realized he was unkillable, so I ran but I got slain by a guard on my way out. Then the brat said, "Another victory" or something like that, damn I was pissed.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I walked into the Earl of Whiterun's house and killed him. Then I started attacking all his guards and was like "This'll be easy" Then he respawned and I realized he was unkillable, so I ran but I got slain by a guard on my way out. Then the brat said, "Another victory" or something like that, damn I was pissed.
You're a violent one, eh? Balgruff is cool. Please don't kill him. If you're on PC though, would you mind killing his kids for me though? They're totally obnoxious. Oh! And Braith too.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts