• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Wishmaker1234

Speaker to the Dazed
So if you lived in Tamriel what would be your religious veiws? Do you worship the Divines, the Daedra, both, none, and If you do worship the divines or Daedra which ones. For myself I would probably worship the 8 Divines, as I feel that Talos ascending into godhood was a ploy by the Empire to instill loyal

Kame43

I'd actually be a worshiper of Hemreus Mora (sp?). I always liked the knowledge factor of him.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Lewsean

So if you lived in Tamriel what would be your religious veiws? Do you worship the Divines, the Daedra, both, none, and If you do worship the divines or Daedra which ones. For myself I would probably worship the 8 Divines, as I feel that Talos ascending into godhood was a ploy by the Empire to instill loyal
Talos is a Divine, proven by the Shrines lol. Anyway mine would more than likely be the Nordic pantheon.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
Sithis. The void. He is the one true divine(not in the sense that is a Divine) of nothing.
Anui-El will fall.

BlueBull

DovahBull
I would only follow Hircine. Hircine ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
None. I and my characters work for no-one and nothing and certainly don't take being told what to do well (unless there's a significant profit in it).

Religions and blind faith are for suckers. Hail Sithis! Oh wait....

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
No idea what or who I would worship. I'd probably acknowledge them, but not to the point of worship. My dad on the other hand, if we lived on Tamriel, Nirn... I would think he would worship either Zenithar (he's always been a hard worker and believes in earning your share) or Julianos, since he's always been a thinker and likes learning, and tries to be logical about things. He also might have taken an interest in Kynareth since he loves nature. He has a chuck full of plants in the house!

I'd imagine I would follow the teachings of Zenithar but I don't think I would go to the point of worship. Like I said, I would just probably acknowledge them. Aedra and Daedra both.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
Staff member
Well, I have a strong personal respect for nature. So I'd say Kynareth, or Y'ffre of the Bosmer tradition.

Then, I would also say Hircine, because Lycanthropy is cool.

Lastly, I'd have to go ahead and say Sithis. Because I'm an assassin at heart.

Kal

Owner - The Tamriel Traveler
For myself I would probably worship the 8 Divines, as I feel that Talos ascending into godhood was a ploy by the Empire to instill loyal

How would that work, since the Empire punished Talos worship?

That said, it is in my elf-blood to worship the Eight, and I specifically give precedence to Auri-El (the Elven Akatosh), and Y'ffre (God of the forest).

Daelon DuLac

For myself I would probably worship the 8 Divines, as I feel that Talos ascending into godhood was a ploy by the Empire to instill loyal

How would that work, since the Empire punished Talos worship?

That said, it is in my elf-blood to worship the Eight, and I specifically give precedence to Auri-El (the Elven Akatosh), and Y'ffre (God of the forest).
Uhm. Read the whole "Jesus" myth in Christianity. There are plenty of theories that suppose that it was a ploy by the Romans as a method of crowd control. Religion has been used for eons in our world as a method of controlling societies, why not in Tamriel?

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
I would die before I would even pick but... I doubt worshipping the Daedra would be very healthy: having 0.111111111% chance of not being sacrificed by their bulky, giant, not-very-intelligent, champion. If I had to blend in I would go for the Divines for sure, but if somehow I didn't need to be safe between the city's walls forever (which I would probably do) and could roam the province freely, I would just worship the elements in their rawest nature, maybe similarly to the Skaal, but with less sitting on the snow.

But with the civil war, not always are you free to choose who you worship, you know? Religious views are more of a disguise than an identity, because it is impossible that two people ever think completely the same way about something so complex, but the one that portraits their views better, suits them. Dang, I am getting too much into real life... Never mind this last part.

Daelon DuLac

I would die before I would even pick but... I doubt worshipping the Daedra would be very healthy: having 0.111111111% chance of not being sacrificed by their bulky, giant, not-very-intelligent, champion. If I had to blend in I would go for the Divines for sure, but if somehow I didn't need to be safe between the city's walls forever (which I would probably do) and could roam the province freely, I would just worship the elements in their rawest nature, maybe similarly to the Skaal, but with less sitting on the snow.

But with the civil war, not always are you free to choose who you worship, you know? Religious views are more of a disguise than an identity, because it is impossible that two people ever think completely the same way about something so complex, but the one that portraits their views better, suits them. Dang, I am getting too much into real life... Never mind this last part.
But you must FORCE others to believe as you do! They must be FORCED! And they must be ostracized and discriminated against if they do not believe exactly as you do and adhere to whatever dogma you follow. . . Oh, sorry . . . too much? :)

Writes-Many-Posts

But you must FORCE others to believe as you do! They must be FORCED! And they must be ostracized and discriminated against if they do not believe exactly as you do and adhere to whatever dogma you follow. . . Oh, sorry . . . too much? :)
But... if I'm alone I can't force anyone anything! And I am always alone!

Writes-Many-Posts

BTW I was going to like your post but... WTH happened to the like button?

Daelon DuLac

Fah! You can force people to do things when your alone! Take Necromancy or Illusion. We do it all the time! I'm always alone too (I hope you mean in the game, 'cause, if it's in real life, your almost as sad as I am :))

Daelon DuLac

BTW I was going to like your post but... WTH happened to the like button?
I know. No like button any longer. Weird. I guess they're trying to get us to give rep more often? All you can do is agree or disagree or any of the other stuff.

Maybe Facebook copywrote the "Like" button?

I miss it myself, although, obviously I don't mind commenting. :)

Rhew

The missing snow elf
Since I always felt closer to the Bosmer race it would be Y'ffre for me. Followed by Auriel and Kynareth. I love nature.

Wishmaker1234

Speaker to the Dazed
BTW I was going to like your post but... WTH happened to the like button?[/QUOTE]
I was wonering the same thing Lol

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts