• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
Oh, and I also love the flexibility in the character creation as far as appearance goes.

Yes, the character customization was fabulous. I once made the most hideously deformed Dunmer chick that I could, just for kicks.

I think the things I enjoyed best were my first few treks through Oblivion (though after a while that got repetitive) and random quests for zany NPC's like that paranoid Glarthir. The only thing I hated was the fact you can't save Martin. The ending was epic, true, but it still sucked. Love ya, Marty!

Lizzifer

Watch out for hop-ons.
I love the Oblivion soundtrack. The main theme and battle music from Skyrim are awesome, but when it comes to the general music, Oblivion wins. The ambient music was so relaxing and pretty.

Also, I miss being able to morph the face of my character. With pretty tame pre-sets in Skyrim, you don't get the option of making a completely terrifying dragon slayer. With the bigger vocabulary range of Skyrim folks, it'd be nice to have them comment on the state of your ugliness/attractiveness.

It's got to be the music for me as well. I loved the peaceful music from Oblivion as I roamed throughout the land.
Other things I liked however include the in depth figures on current bounty, creatures slain, fame, infamy etc. which I missed from Skyrim. Furthermore I enjoyed the armour customisation even though it was less detailed than Morrowind.
And of course Sheogorath was awesome, I'll always remember the note I found on the mountain in Shivering Isles where he dumps malcontents that said something about killing a guy who grew a beard rivaling his own!

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Hotty Squirrel

GENOCIDE JUNKIE!
i love the oblivion gates, they were unique (well explains the name oblivion haha) but they take you to the real of the daedra and that had to be the coolest thing because your basically in hell and watching hell spawns roaming the plains is something i like, but i hated when you beat the main quest they all disappeared. but i also like the final daedra boss too.. he was intense!!!

Everything. I love everything about Oblivion. When I first played it, my complete focus was on escaping from the jail. The moment my character spoke with Uriel Septum VII at the beginning of the quest and just before he was assassinated, I knew I was in for an epic set of adventures. Then of course once I was free and outside the city walls, I was literally jaw dropped at the amazing scenery that surrounded me. I could go on and on but to put it in a nutshell, Oblivion was and still is one of the most amazing games I've ever played.

Humbungala

the adoring fan by far

however since oblivion was my first game I think it was a lot more rewarding finding out the different tiers of weapons and the big facepalm when halfway through the main questline I realized you could fast travel...

The dark brotherhood quests were very engaging as well. The missions were very unique and the one mission where you had to kill the prisoner across from your cell at the beginning of the game was just thrilling.

EleanorUnicorn

my favourite part of oblivion was the cities and settlements of cyrodil! used to have houses in anvil, chorrol, skingrad and cheydinhal and would ride around on my white horse, usually exploring forests and the corners of the map i hadn't been to, exploring caves and ruins. remember how there were lions and wild boars as well as wolves? i played oblivion for more than 3 years and i swear i didn't finish everything there was to finish, for me it was a never ending game :) i wish that bethesda had put as much effort into the 'cities' of skyrim and they did with oblivion, there are far less houses and shops! i loved playing oblivion, they were the good old days :p i think that the counts and countesses have more of a background story than the jarls in skyrim do!

Breton

1. The Arcane University
2. Lucien Lachance
3. Better clothes than Skyrim. You wouldn't know Skyrim was supposed to be set 200 years after the events in Oblivion. Do the Nords know how to sew? Or is sewing just a useless distraction from drinking mead and fighting honourable battles?

Figment

I love the frostcrag spire because i didnt have to waste my time doing like 9 quests to get into the arcane university to enchant my armour. I also loved Umbra, the best sword in Oblivion, just below the Imperial waterfront in Vindaesel.

Also i loved drinking about 5 bottles of skooma and running crazy fast and then passing out from fatigue. :vomit:

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
The Dark Brotherhood and the Shivering Isles addon. Both were awesome.

ManoloXamps the Faggot

The Titan of Ether
Damn, this got me to start playing Oblivion again. Just created a Wood Elf adventurer.
So, the first quest I did started when you spend a night in an inn that is a boat. Some guys steal the boat during the night.
I left the boat feeling like a hero.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts