• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Hey all! Let's talk more oblivion shall we?
Because I'm bored and because I wanna be reminded / find new cool stuff in oblivion.
Tell as many as you like, one is better than nothing, detailed or not.
What's your favorite Item, quest, npc, activity, memory, anything notable, funny or cool you can think of.

Edit: I'll be back posting my own favorite things tomorrow when I can think straight again, I'm about I pass out.

Martin Robe

When I first started playing Oblivion, I had no clue what I was doing. my friends all kept on making fun of me, since I didn't know what an illusion spell was, haha. So with my first character I made a Dark Elf that came out terribly, that is until my friend showed me the cloning glitch. After that things got way easier, and so I started on my second character, also a dark elf. Then I tried out a khajiit, but I started too late and dropped it the moment Skyrim came out.

Honestly, my favorite things about Oblivion would be the memories it created, having all my friends around laughing and joking, and me laughing as well, that's what I really liked about Oblivion.

Great, now you're making me feel all nostalgiac. I might just pick up Oblivion again now!!

What happened to me was my friend came by the other day and slapped oblivion into my ps3, created a new character and told me, "this is an assassin blue skinned smurf elf, play it!".
I found the suggestion appealing.

Then we taped the move stick on the ps3 controller and whet out and grilled stakes an drank beer.
When we got back i had like 95 sneak skill at lv 1
(still in the sanctum underneath the imperial city during the attack on the emperor)

When i got out of the sewers I could not help but feel a strong need to be stealthy, to commit evil, a to sneak up on the next person I see and commit murder >:)
Since I had such high sneak skill it whent really smooth, killed some guy working in some warehouse or what ever it was called, at his job in a house at the imperial city waterfront.

I was very soon to be visited by an old friend from DBH and guess what I've been up to lately..
Nostalgia makes you play ugly games with ugly npcs
With ugly faces >_>

More OnT: Burma was always my favorite city, used to always go there, stand somewhere on a snow pile and just gaze in skyrims direction, imagining what it would be like if the next elderscrolls was
All about Nords, and snowy mountains in skyrim.
And this was way before skyrim even had been announced.

Love the DBH quest where you get to murder people at a "party".
In Skingrad I think it was, I like to steal people's garlic in their basements there also.

Dallas-Arbiter

That one super paranoid wood elf in Skingrad. I can't remember his name or the quest name. It's only been 4 years since I played Oblivion.

Glarthir's the name ;)

Purr

:3
Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood questlines are just pure awesomeness and I don't get bored easily when I am doing those. I'm now little disappointed to Skyrim DB and Thieves Guild. : /

But of course best of all is Lucien! <3

butcherpete2277

Suthay-raht
I hate indecision! ... or maybe I don't. Well, make up your mind. Or I'll have your skin made into a hat. Maybe one of those arrowcatchers. I love those hats!

The Isles. THE ISLES! They're a wonderful place to be, except when they are horrible. Then they are HORRIBLY WONDERFUL! Good for a visit! Or for an eternity.

Te Shivering Isles was an amazing expnsion, the many characters and quests were interesting and hilarious. Also the Thieves Guild and DB were much better. I also liked how you could enchant armor with chameleon, and stack it to 100% it made sneaking fun.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I liked that to kill a ghost or certain thing you needed silver weapons, I never really used enchanting in Oblivion, I also liked that they made a statue of you and your fame and infame, if you had heaps high infame Bandits wouldn't attack you so you could like be one, also betting on the arena.

anossXVIII

Oh gosh... what to choose. 400 hours into Oblivion and you ask me to pick only a few? I gotta say, the best thing I think is the Shivering Isles questline and adventures. I loved the feel of Mania, but dementia scared me ;)

The most epic moment for me, was Mankar Camorans speech about the Daedra, see my sig, and what I think is HILARIOUS, it's the same as Uther Pendragons. Talk about coincidence! It's just so convincing to drop the main quest and use console commands to join the Mythic Dawn!

Tman2177

My favorite thing about Oblivion ( Damn, it's very difficult to choose only one!) Would probably be the Knights of the Nine DLC. I really liked the Shivering isles DLC too (can't you see why:p) But I enjoyed the story of the knights of the nine and although the pilgrimage was a pain because you had to visit ALL nine weyshrines, it was still a good questline.

Swanee!

Although the crime system was TERRIBLE, i loved the DB and thieves guild questline a lot more than skyrim's

kdshields

Co-founder of Applits.com
The Dark Brotherhood and the Thieves Guild were great.

Deer Stalker

The Dark Brotherhood was great fun. Killing imps for no reason was somehow soothing after studying. The cities were nice or should i say i felt more at home in those cities for some reason. Definitely spent more hours on Oblivion than i predict i ever will on Skyrim

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts