• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dombuscus99

A discussion of everyone's favorite weapon I skyrim so far. I will start the tell by saying my current favorite: a superior Blade's Sword enchanted with shock

Nighthiker77

Windshear for 1h, the Longhammer for 2h, and bows either a Forsworn bow, Dragonbone bow, or Bound Bow if I am using magic.

Black Ice

Like A Red Nose
Twin steel daggers. They look nice, not too fancy yet not ugly. They are perfect for my assassin Runic, and they play a big part in my character rp as they were in his backstory.

Black Orchid

Death Incarnate
A discussion of everyone's favorite weapon I skyrim so far. I will start the tell by saying my current favorite: a superior Blade's Sword enchanted with shock

Braith enchanted with a can of whoop-ass.

On a more serious note, this:

Valdr's Lucky Dagger (especially for beginning level characters)

Taken from the wiki:

Valdr's Lucky Dagger grants a 25% chance of a critical hit with each strike. The weapon cannot be disenchanted since its unique ability is inherent to the dagger itself, rather than an applied enchantment.
This means it does not require recharging with soul gems and is affected by the Dragon Shout, Elemental Fury.

It can be upgraded with a Steel Ingot at a grindstone and also benefits from the Steel Smithing perk, which doubles the improvement. The Arcane Blacksmith perk is not required as the dagger is not actually enchanted.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
For me it's a tossup between my Legendary Dragonbone bow, legendary Dragonbone sword, both of which do 25% shock damage and half as much magicka damage. I also love my Legendary, enhanced dwarven crossbow. Which has the same enchantment on it as the dragon stuff.

Chadonraz

I did a certain quest for the very first time a few days ago, and the reward almost instantly became my favourite weapon. Volendrung.

Prior to acquiring it my character had never used a two-hander (and I'd never used a warhammer, at all), and his skill was still at 15 or 16 (might've read a skill book). Once I started using the hammer, however, the skill skyrocketed. Before I knew it, it had hit the 30 mark, and well beyond. It only took like an hour for the 2-H skill to catch up with 1-H at 50. :D

Volendrung also looks really cool. The only downside is that it runs out of charge really fast.

So yeah, that's my current favourite weapon of 'em all. :cool:

Dawn

The only unique item I have ever found and then used exclusively for the rest of the game is The Longhammer. Non-unique weapons have varied from character to character.

The Longhammer is found in Liar's Retreat, in the final room (full of falmer and chaurus) near a dead bandit named Rahd (look under the table).

It is lighter than other 2H weapons and swings as fast as a 1H axe, allowing for a higher level of sustained damage compared to any other 2H weapon while improving the sluggish feel of 2H combat.

The great thing is that it can be improved through smithing (benefits from the Orcish Smithing perk) and can be enchanted.

Put a stamina drain enchant on The Longhammer, and you can chain 2H power-attacks endlessly while hitting as fast as with a 1H axe.

Unfortunately, most every other unique weapon I have found can be outclassed by crafted items or even generic random enchant items when not using crafting.

I love and use many unique items, they just always end up being used for specific levels or purposes rather than as my primary weapon.

Below are my thoughts on other unique items posted in the thread - just my $.02.

Valdr's Dagger is a great early weapon and great for a dual wield build using only one perk in smithing (Steel) along with the Elemental Fury shout. The 25% crit though is nearly worthless as one levels as it is only a 25% chance for 5 extra damage. And if any perks are taken in smithing beyond steel, better weapons can be crafted.

Windshear would be on my list if it weren't so game breaking. The 100% stagger it does to everything in the game is so overpowered I won't use it (I'll admit it takes a bit of practice to get the timing down, but once perfected, being able to keep a dragon priest staggered like a rag on the ground just makes the game a joke).

Wuuthrad and Volendrung are both nice 2Hs, but neither benefit from smithing perks. Wuuthrad's 'increased damage to elves' is not all that great, and any other weapon can be enchanted with Volendrung's stamina drain enchant. I'd rank Volendrung higher though as it swings a bit faster than normal and the drain stamina enchant is really nice.

And funny no one mentioned any unique bows.

I really like Auriel's bow, both for it's speed and for the unique arrows and effects (extra sun / fire damage, extra damage to undead, ability to rain destruction from sun or block sun entirely). Improved with Elven smithing, it can hold it's own against other bows in close combat, though is outclassed by other bows and crossbows for sneak / ranged archery.

Zepher's is also nice, same speed as Auriel's, and can be improved (Orcish) with smithing. It suffers from an inability to be enchanted while having no inherent enchant other than it's speed, though it is easier to obtain than Auriel's.

Black Ice

Like A Red Nose
I found bloodskal blade as a let down.... that boring getsuga tenshou -_-

AS88

Staff member
nightingale-bow-original.png

TESV_Nightingale_Blade.png

These weapons make a thief pretty much unstoppable :p

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
Staff of chain lightning. I can do anything with that. I try not to use it all the time, so I can build other skills. But when the going gets tough, the staff comes out.

NachyoChez

The Longhammer is found in Liar's Retreat, in the final room (full of falmer and chaurus) near a dead bandit named Rahd (look under the table).

It is lighter than other 2H weapons and swings as fast as a 1H axe, allowing for a higher level of sustained damage compared to any other 2H weapon while improving the sluggish feel of 2H combat.

The great thing is that it can be improved through smithing (benefits from the Orcish Smithing perk) and can be enchanted.

Put a stamina drain enchant on The Longhammer, and you can chain 2H power-attacks endlessly while hitting as fast as with a 1H axe.
Windshear would be on my list if it weren't so game breaking. The 100% stagger it does to everything in the game is so overpowered I won't use it (I'll admit it takes a bit of practice to get the timing down, but once perfected, being able to keep a dragon priest staggered like a rag on the ground just makes the game a joke).
Well, I was going to mention both of these, but it seems I've been beaten to the punch!!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Toshiro

I love my legendary Dragonbone bow with shock enchantment ( 250+ damage & 26 shock). I love even more to sneak (lvl93) around in my legendary Nightingale armor and one-hit falmer, trolls, bandits, whatnot.

But, those Forsworn Briarhearts are tough, man.

The Nightingale Bow is my favorite weapon. I patiently wait for it to come to me while I work under Brynwolf...if only I could get under him. Unf. Anyway, I do want that bow, though...

Mm-hm.

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
Kahvozein's Fang. Being dangerous with an old harvesting tool has never been so fun.

Ritterkreuz

For me it's my Dragonbone weapons duel enchanted with fiery soul trap and whatever else I feel like putting on them, effectively giving the weapon 3 effects.

Irish

Thane of Solitude
This is lame-o, but I quite fancy my two Daedric arrows. Never reached a level high enough where those types of weapons spawn. :p

Medea

The Shadow Queen

Valdr's Lucky Dagger (especially for beginning level characters)

This is probably my favorite item as well. This weapon is simply go to for me almost all the way through the entire game.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts