Your favorite daedric prince and why.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Verac

As the title states who is your favored and why? Mine is hard but after long thought id say hircine, I love wolves in RL especially werewolves. I also love how out of all the princes hircine is one of the most chill and even in skyrim if insulted hes just like "Cool story bruh anyway here take my artifact and be awesome peace." Minus his little fit with sheogorath as funny as that story is. But at the same time hes a very powerful prince who delights in the hunting of -anything- powerful let it be beast, humanoid, daedra, or even aedra. Dousnt matter so long as it offers a challenge. He even brought himself to your level in bloodmoon when you 1v1 him and even asks what you prefer guile strength or agility. Changing forms for each. He also seems to be a very benevolent prince compared to others as even after death you still hunt and even are resurrected during the bloodmoon hunts or for special reasons. Some see it as a hell most see it as paradise. I like that. So who do you guys like and why?

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
Staff member
Mephala. The Spider Daedra, Weaver of Fates, and all around awesome Daedra. They're not male or female, or they are both. They're one of the good daedra, and Herma Mora is thought to be their brother, thus a powerful duo. They are also thought to be connected to the Night Mother, the leader and "commissioner" if you will, of the Dark Brotherhood. They are/were also heavily worshiped by the Morag Tong. They are just really cool. Their plane of Oblivion is also really cool, it's like an inverted version of Nirn.

However, if I'm allowed to include Sithis in this list, I'd have to say he's my favorite. He's not Aedra or Daedra, and is one of the 2 responsible deities responsible for the creation of life, gods, the planes of oblivion, Nirn etc. He's the void. Essentially he's nothing, he's the absence of things. Another reason I like Mephala so much is because they are said to be the one and only Daedra who communes with Sithis. The Dark Brotherhood also calls him "Father" (like Mephala is kind of their mother), and the Morag Tong worship him along with Mephala exclusively. My visage and personality here on the forums is based on lore that is directly tied with Sithis as well, as one of the agents of Sithis.

I love Sithis. 'Nuff said. XD

Reactions: Sah

Verac

Mephala. The Spider Daedra, Weaver of Fates, and all around awesome Daedra. They're not male or female, or they are both. They're one of the good daedra, and Herma Mora is thought to be their brother, thus a powerful duo. They are also thought to be connected to the Night Mother, the leader and "commissioner" if you will, of the Dark Brotherhood. They are/were also heavily worshiped by the Morag Tong. They are just really cool. Their plane of Oblivion is also really cool, it's like an inverted version of Nirn.

However, if I'm allowed to include Sithis in this list, I'd have to say he's my favorite. He's not Aedra or Daedra, and is one of the 2 responsible deities responsible for the creation of life, gods, the planes of oblivion, Nirn etc. He's the void. Essentially he's nothing, he's the absence of things. Another reason I like Mephala so much is because they are said to be the one and only Daedra who communes with Sithis. The Dark Brotherhood also calls him "Father" (like Mephala is kind of their mother), and the Morag Tong worship him along with Mephala exclusively. My visage and personality here on the forums is based on lore that is directly tied with Sithis as well, as one of the agents of Sithis.

I love Sithis. 'Nuff said. XD
I know that daedra technically have no gender but any daedra that hasn't changed its gender at all i consider it to be their gender. Thats why i call hircine a he since the only other thing he changes is into a beast or animal. Besides that hes a half naked dude with a deer skull boethiah switches genders like no other lol every game she/he/it is always going back and forth like ping pong im like "STICK WITH SOMETHING!! atleast for awhile." lol Also agreed sithis is awesome im actually surprised you didnt pick sheogorath....most people do but he is a funny magnificent bearded bastard

Last edited:

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
Staff member
Yeah technically no Daedric Princes have a gender, however all of them, aside from Mephala, are depicted with gender. That's what I meant by no gender. :D

Pete

Well you get to know quite a bit about Hermaeus Mora if you do the Dragonborn DLC. Definitely left with the impression they don't like betrayal. I wish they all had a bit more 'game time'.

My favorite would have to be Nocturnal. She is the Prince of Stealth and Shadow and an all around good person. I mean in the Thief's Guild Questline Quest "Darkness Returns" , she's kind of cool. Also she gives you some awesome powers.

Sanguine! He's a Daedroth after my own heart!

I mean, you've got Daedra that murder peeps, drive dudes insane, spread diseases, encourage and support thieving... then there's Sanguine. One of his most nefarious tricks was to make everybody naked that one time. Not quite on the same level as the other Daedra!

He's a pain in the (visible to all) arse sometimes, but all he really wants is to have a good time, and for us to have a good time too. That's a Daedroth I can get behind.

And show my behind to, if I'm not careful.

The only Deadric Prince I've actually come to know from gameplay experience was Hermaus Mora, the Deadric Prince of Knowledge and Fate. My first encounter with him was when I met that crazy hermit who lived in that outpost north of Winterhold (forgot his name). At first I didn't really care much for him, even wished I could hack him to pieces or make him the Deadric Pincushion with my bow. He did grow on me, though. From his otherworldly intellect to his lovecraftian horror design, not to mention how fun it was to delve into Apocrypha during the Dragonborn DLC, he was just the perfect mixture of intelligent, sinister, and creepy to capture my interest.

Grishnag

Hermaus Mora . Not only do you score about half a dozen gifts of knowledge and power but you can also choose what suites your hero best.

This guy deseves the title deadric prince of Dragon borns

den230n

My favorite is Sheogorath. Because i like strange creators ;) And he is so funny!
I love his quest in Skyrim

sticky runes

Dawnbreaker is my fave Daedric artifact, but I can't really say that Meridia is a particularly impressive Daedric Lord. She doesn't have any followers in Skyrim, the only time you hear from her is when you find the beacon and then go after her sword and that's it. It would have been nice if she got some involvement with the Dawnguard DLC stuff, but she didn't.

I like Malacath because of his relationship with the orcs. They've formed their culture around him and he's become their symbol of strength. I've always admired the orcs in Skyrim for not just being pure evil creatures serving a dark lord like Tolkien's orcs, there is more of a sense of pride and honor to their violent nature, and I think Malacath is kind of the reason for that. I could be wrong because I've only ever played Skyrim and not much of the other ES games, but that's the impression I get of Malacath - he makes the orcs what they are.

And when we interact with Malacath, he doesn't force us to do anything horrible to achieve his artifact. We don't have to betray or murder a friend to summon him, or torture anyone or eat anyone. We get roped into a quest to help an orc chief regain his honor, which he fails, and so Malacath rewards us for getting rid of the asshole and helping the tribe move forward. The hammer is nothing special, but it makes a nice present for a follower.

I also find Peryite quite interesting. He doesn't just appear to us or speak to us directly like other Daedric lords, we have to be under the influence of the weird incense that we help Kesh create. I like how Kesh talks about him being a necessary evil - sometimes the world can only be cleansed by disease. Having an obscure religion based around nasty diseases is quite fascinating. Normally we pray to gods to cure diseases, but Kesh sees something sacred in what Peryite stands for.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts