Your EASY ways of leveling up.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

kris66au

Does it matter if youve joined the thieves guild first or not? I STILL cannot find this dude grrrrrr. Only people I see in the meadery are Maven, Indaryn and some elf selling mead :/ Really starting to get annoyed :sadface: I wait for an hour each time...still dont see him

kyln

If only I cared
Don't be ridiculous. While using Fortify Alchemy, Fortify Smithing and Fortify Enchanting potions to do what they were intended to do is not an exploit, using Fortify Restoration potions that do something they were never meant to do because of coding errors is an exploit, and it's what players use to get that kind of ludicrous damage on their weapons.

I didn't use potions, love. It was through talents. I'm out of state at the moment, but when I get home, I'll upload some screenshots for you. They're quite delicious.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I didn't use potions, love. It was through talents. I'm out of state at the moment, but when I get home, I'll upload some screenshots for you. They're quite delicious.
Screenshots prove nothing. Post the exact steps you used to achieve a bow that does 42,000 damage with no use of potions or alchemy so that others can verify it. You don't need to get back from the road to do that so I'll look forward to your post.

A5ko

Dual-Wielding Dragon Destroyer
Master Difficulty will allow you to level your combat skills quicker than any other mode so... do that :)

kyln

If only I cared
Screenshots prove nothing. Post the exact steps you used to achieve a bow that does 42,000 damage with no use of potions or alchemy so that others can verify it. You don't need to get back from the road to do that so I'll look forward to your post.

Welp. As I was going to be posting screenshots of the talents I used, seeing as how my Steam and Skyrim are both on my home computer, it would be a little difficult to do that in my current situation. That being said, its really not that hard to read the talents in all the trees to see how I got that benefit.

I haven't played my Skyrim in a few months, since that post (you know, being a few months old) so again, I would need my home computer to go through the talents and the armor that I used to craft the bow.

I would be more inclined to be more helpful and help others achieve this absurd damage output, if you were a little more inclined to have a polite and social attitude towards me, rather than shunning me for something that I obtained that you have not.

Mauli

Actual Alchemist
Is that another easy way to level up? Alchemy? Just buy from the shop, and make stuff and sell back?

I like to collect my own ingredients to alchemide, BUT a hint for quicker leveling is the more the potion you are making will be worth will increases your leveling quicker. So try to make the most expensive potions you can with the ingredients you have on hand.

thatonetallguy

TO lvl your conjuration to 100 pretty fast, cast soul trap on any dead body, gets to 100 in 30 or so mins :)
And for pickpocketing an east way is join the thives guild, then pickpocket everyone thing in riften, when you get caught you can pay off the gaurds for cheap :)

Dagmar

Master Difficulty will allow you to level your combat skills quicker than any other mode so... do that :)
It will allow you to level your blocking and armor skill faster (if it doesn't kill you :p) because mob damage is doubled so the amount you block is doubled.

I don't think it will level up your weapon skill faster since your damage will be halved. It shouldn't make it slower though since you still have to deal out the same amount of damage (with twice as many attacks) to kill the mob.

Dagmar

Does it matter if youve joined the thieves guild first or not? I STILL cannot find this dude grrrrrr. Only people I see in the meadery are Maven, Indaryn and some elf selling mead :/ Really starting to get annoyed :sadface: I wait for an hour each time...still dont see him
It wont matter if you join the Thieves Guild first.

Yeah if he hasn't shown up maybe you should move on. You end up making a lot of money in Skyrim even if your Speech skill isn't that high anyway.

Do you play on a PC?

A5ko

Dual-Wielding Dragon Destroyer
It will allow you to level your blocking and armor skill faster (if it doesn't kill you :p) because mob damage is doubled so the amount you block is doubled.

I don't think it will level up your weapon skill faster since your damage will be halved. It shouldn't make it slower though since you still have to deal out the same amount of damage (with twice as many attacks) to kill the mob.

I don't believe weapon increases are based on damage but on the amount of times you can hit a mob before they die. I have not done any real testing on the subject, but I have noticed a big difference between Master/Adept when it comes to levelling weapons.

I play on the Xbox 360.

Dagmar

I don't believe weapon increases are based on damage but on the amount of times you can hit a mob before they die.
Just read up on this from the discussion page on One-Handed skill at UESP Skyrim Wiki and it turns out we're both right. It's based on damage, but it's based solely on base damage. Damage increases from smithing, perks and power attacks don't count. More hits on the mob yields more skill xp because it means inflicting more base damage.

Dagmar

That being said, its really not that hard to read the talents in all the trees to see how I got that benefit.
Actually, it's really not hard to read the perks in all the perk trees and know that you can't get that benefit. You don't need access to Steam or Skyrim either. All you need is access to the internet as the perk trees are posted all over the internet and explained in great detail on sites like UESP Skyrim Wiki. Other than Overdraw, Critical Shot and Deadly Aim there are no perks that would modify damage from an Archery attack and there's no way you are going to get even remotely close to 42,000 damage with those modifiers unless the display damage for your bow is in the thousands, i.e. you've utilized exploits like the Fortify Restoration exploit or the multiple armor exploit.

I wasn't shunning you, I was calling you out. That kind of thing can tend to happen when one makes false claims, especially ones as ludicrous as the one you made.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts