• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jociel of Daggerfall

Master Assassin
Hey everyone this is my first post so I apologize if I'm in the wrong section of the forums for this.
I want to know everyone's ideas on Dawnguard, the upcoming DLC set to come out in June 26.

Will you be a ferocious vampire? Feasting on the souls of the living, wrecking havoc among Skyrim?
Or will you be the courageous Dawnguard? Freeing Tamriel from the undead and all who wish to cause harm?

Also, how are you preparing for this DLC?
Are you already preparing your character for war? Or are you going to wait?
What build are you using and what's your character's backstory?

Can't wait to hear all your ideas!

Verac

This question is asked ALOT, but ill be a vigilent of stendarr, hammer and shield ready to crush vampire skulls. and scorch them with holy fire ((i wont benefit from crossbows )= ))

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
This question comes up every day.

I'm going to play through with my vampire builds. After that, I'll probably choice the Dawnguard.

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
I'd like to be able to use one of my existing characters, but I'm also considering re-rolling a kitteh assassin who hates vampires (haven't come up w/ a reason why just yet)

Dovahlink69

Not the Dragonborn - A very naughty boy!
I'll be joining the Dawnguard with my current character,a Nordic Archer. (Mainly for the epic looking Crossbows) but I'll be making another character,most likely a Dunmer (because of stealth and fire resistance) to play as a Vampire.

higgi07

I will be killing vampires AS a vampire myself as my character hates them gor killing his family and turning him into one. If I absalutely have to feed it will be on sleeping bandits etc

nordicowboy

Must be my Nord blood......
Both. With my Wood Elf archer, I've taken the Wild Hunt from Bosmer lore to heart. Although I'm not a vamp at the moment, I do use the Ring of Namira to feast on my enemies. I'll probably use him on the vamp side. For the Dawnguard, I'm all about my Nord wrecking machine. Gotta keep Skyrim pure!

Jociel of Daggerfall

Master Assassin

Monopoly

Gypsy Panther
I've created a Nord warrior, two-handed and heavy armour. He's really into being honourable and all that, he'd never join the Dark Brotherhood or Thieves Guild. He's going to be a ruthless vampire hunter.

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
I'll do both I have two characters already in semi retirement One being a female mage who I was going to turn into a vampire anyway. And a two handed Nord warrior werewolf who will go Dawnguard. unless they make werewolves a viable third faction a la Aliens vs Predator vs Space Marines

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
I would make a Dunmer battlemage and Vampire Lord. BWAHAHAHAHA

ANd second character would be a Nord named Van Helsing!

KC95

Im making two new characters for each side of the faction.

The Vampire will be a female High elf.

The hunter will be a male Redgaurd. Probably combat based.

Haven't decided the specific builds for them, will wait till I get more information on the DLC. Have the specific strengths of the vampires been released yet? Or will they be the same as the current vampire perks/disadvantages?

sahqonsah

Im making two new characters for each side of the faction.

The Vampire will be a female High elf.

The hunter will be a male Redgaurd. Probably combat based.

Haven't decided the specific builds for them, will wait till I get more information on the DLC. Have the specific strengths of the vampires been released yet? Or will they be the same as the current vampire perks/disadvantages?
YouTube - Skyrim: Dawnguard - E3 2012 Gameplay!

Adam Warlock

The new Perk trees for Vampires and Werewolves looks great , but what if you`re already level 81 ?

sahqonsah

The new Perk trees for Vampires and Werewolves looks great , but what if you`re already level 81 ?
Your level has nothing to do with vampire/werewolf perks. Depending on how many enemies you kill as a werewolf/vampire you gain perks to spend as a werewolf/vampire. Basically the more you play as a werewolf/vampire the stronger you become.

The Seeker

Hi, just joined the forums to comment about this subject. I have many many characters that I've created that have various builds but recently what I been doing preparing for dawnguard is another shield/healing breton paladin. I already got one named Grizwold thats level 48, he was my second character I ever created, and he's got 506hp, 474mp, 601 armor and 306 damage with daedric maces and heavy dragonb armor 'n shield thats dual enchanted, but I messed him up when I tried to master conjuration and other things as I leveled higher which later when I calculated with a perk calc I found out that I couldn't get all the perks I wanted so I wanted to make a new one.

When I created my new breton paladin Sir Robin I wanted to make sure I was very disciplined in not leveling any other skills besides the ones I need unless i absolutely have to unlock something ect. I also messed up my stat distribution when leveling that should of went mostly all hp instead of splitting the two. I also went about armor selection and smithing differently to get more skill points.

Going with full light armor is 2 perks less expensive to max out and easier to unlock weightless armor and mobility so I thought it was a better choice. I also had second thoughts about smithing because of changes coming in dawnguard. I could go the heavy armor route for extra damage with daedric maces but that wouldn't be wise because firstly it takes 1 more perk on the heavy armor side to get to dragon, and secondly in dawnguard taking the dragon perk will unlock official dragon weapons which I assume will be equal or greater than daedric making light armor side more efficient due to less perks for more damage/armor.

The rest of my build you can look here Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them! Anyway, I go with block with 5/5 shield wall quick reflexes and elemental protection and that's it for block. Only 5 points in restoration with Respite, Regeneration, and Adept Resto being the main focus of it. I find Respite very useful for most builds, like a must have for anything I create. I have 1 point left for level 50 and have not decided to put it in expert resto or a perk in one handed, it would be nice to have the expert/master level resto spells but maybe after 50 i'll work on that.

Enchanting everything in the middle row is pretty much textbook for any character I use enchanting with and I go with the fire enchanter perk always if I have one extra cause 25% extra damage sounds good to me especially since most things are weak to fire or don't resist it. I do have thoughts about getting the frost enchanter perk, because I could enchant frost dam/health abs or frost dam/para as a secondary weapon. Frost is good for tanking because if they attack slower they do less damage and they are easier to predict to block and easier to dodge, however so many things have frost resist its almost not worth it. Maybe I'll grab that perk after 50. I went with enchanting on this build to increase the amount of health/damage my character will have. After playing for as long as I have I start to get the idea that the more health the better, pump it.

And finally one handed not really too important but you got to have some weapon skill, I went with armsman, bonebreaker, and you could really end it there and be just fine but I went up the tree to get savage strike for 25% extra standing power atk dmg. Now as far as what kind of weapon I use typically I'll use swords even though I have bonebreaker just because they are cooler and faster and "they're swords" cm'on now. lol However, I will use a mace if I'm fighting a lot of bandits or guards ect. to maximize the ownage factor. Like other skills bladesman is a skill that is just not extremely important and i'll take after 50. with my 50th point for my build i'm considering critical charge due to double crit damage, either that or expert resto which I mentioned earlier. paralyzing strike is just too complicated to pull off and therefore to me, not worth it.

Mainly I want to join the dawnguard and use the dawnbreaker sword to be the bane of all evil. (vampires are considered undead and therefore can receive the fear effect of dawnbreaker and are extremely weak to fire.) That's another reason why I want enchanting and the Fire Enchanter perk.

I could change my class a little and be a vampire paladin but still join the dawnguard to kill other vampires to redeem myself, lol lemme explain. I could be a vamp with necromage and all active effects in the menu, and healing/alteration ect. will be 25% stronger on myself!! And all increased damage to undead and vampires which would be pretty cool, mabey someone else might want to do that, but I just want to try to be totally holy righteous pally.

I know that's a lot to read but I like to be thorough, lol sorry and yea I know about how alchemy stacking can make you godly but maybe when I get all the few extra things I wanted after 50 then I'll work on alch last. As for Standing Stones I think the Lord Stone is the best for this build. When he's level 80 i'll get the giant club for my companion (probably Ahtar or Marcurio) just for laughs. Here's the build again Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them! and thanks for creating this topic.

TJohnson

Torbjorn
If I haven't created a new character by then (I probably should tbh) then my Imperial is suited to be a vampire.
I've planned on being the Dawnguard first, but as a new nord, however if I don't make him soon he won't be a very high level when I do it - I'm planning on just finishing the story and wrapping up the imperial so I can rush to my next nord.

I like nords. Nords are cool.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
[quote="TJohnson, post: 116545, member: 10826"
I like nords. Nords are cool.[/quote]
Yes they are!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts