• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
If you were a Bandit Chief in Skyrim, where would your hideout be and why?

Remember bandits survive by plundering off caravans, wandering merchants and other passer-byes so having your HQ as the Volkihor Castle isn't so practical :p

There are so many nice, old and unfortunately decaying castles in this game so what one would you wish to settle down in? My choice would have to be Treva's Watch. It is in my favourite region (the Rift), has very good access to fresh water, has an entire blacksmithing setup and an enchanting table. It has a nice high tower for me (the chief) and also features nice tight hallways with dangerous traps. It has a lever only opening gate, multi-level courtyard outside for defensive purposes and the best bit... It has a secret escape tunnel!

256px-Treva%27sWatchExterior.jpg

I could just imagine sitting on my tower enjoying some tea, than yelling at my crew to pillage a nearby carriage :D

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...

Remember bandits survive by plundering off caravans, wandering merchants and other passer-byes so having your HQ as the Volkihor Castle isn't so practical :p

There are so many nice, old and unfortunately decaying castles in this game so what one would you wish to settle down in? My choice would have to be Treva's Watch. It is in my favourite region (the Rift), has very good access to fresh water, has an entire blacksmithing setup and an enchanting table. It has a nice high tower for me (the chief) and also features nice tight hallways with dangerous traps. It has a lever only opening gate, multi-level courtyard outside for defensive purposes and the best bit... It has a secret escape tunnel!

I could just imagine sitting on my tower enjoying some tea, than yelling at my crew to pillage a nearby carriage :D
Thats given me an Idea I'm gonna go download that "Guild starter mod" and make my own bandit Clan as for the question Not sure but it would probably be in the Rift as well

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
If only I could drive out those damn Forsworn I'd take Broken Tower Redoubt. Having a fortress like that, right along the main road no doubt would make for some easy pickings.
you can't drive them out???? its a simple matter of either stabbing them with your blade crushing their skullz with a warhammer, Incinerating them or Shouting them off a cliff

W'rkncacnter

Mister Freeze
Establishing a visible fortress only invites the wrath of the hold guards. I'd pick something a little less conspicuous like Redoran's Retreat. The only visible external structure is the door which is set behind a rocky outcrop. Even better, I could pass along some rumors that the raids are stemming from the nearby Fort Greymoor causing all retaliation to be pushed toward them.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
If only I could drive out those damn Forsworn I'd take Broken Tower Redoubt. Having a fortress like that, right along the main road no doubt would make for some easy pickings.
you can't drive them out???? its a simple matter of either stabbing them with your blade crushing their skullz with a warhammer, Incinerating them or Shouting them off a cliff
Yeah, but they always come back. ALWAYS! I've been known to clean it out once a week just so I can use the road in peace. You'd think with a Stormcloak camp so close by they'd be a little more leery.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Personally I like Blind Cliff Cave. Right on the main road near Markarth and, once you clear out the Foreswarn and Hagravens, a non-respawning location with it's own little castle and easily defensible entrances. Maybe it's just me though. :)

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
I'd be quite tempted to set up in blackreach as there are multiple entries/exits around the map and most people if they were chasing you from a heist, would get completely lost in the dark

A.Auditore

maybe...

Thats given me an Idea I'm gonna go download that "Guild starter mod" and make my own bandit Clan as for the question Not sure but it would probably be in the Rift as well

let me know how that works cause I was looking at that but wasn't sure *strokes iMan face rough*

I want to come live at your hideout Iman. Can I live in the tower with you? Pwease?
but kitty I thought that we could have a bandit clan together?!? :sadface:

DestroyerDevourMaster

"Zu'u Alduin. Zok sahrot do naan ko Lein!"
Yeah, but they always come back. ALWAYS! I've been known to clean it out once a week just so I can use the road in peace. You'd think with a Stormcloak camp so close by they'd be a little more leery.

Amen!

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

A.Auditore

maybe...
Hurry! Bandit Biatches!! oooh Pirate sounds good too ^_^
I'll have to look around skyrim for my perfect camp :D

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Valtheim Towers in Whiterun Hold. It commands the pass, and is tall enough that it can watch both directions of the main road.

The small walkways in the tower/on the bridge mean an attacking force can only come at you one or two at a time. If it was to fall, you can easier escape into the mountains.

Get some good archers, couple of Orcs. Being the main road between Eastmarch and Whiterun, should see a fair bit of merchants. Good game in the surrounding area for food, access to fresh water from the river just below you.

That or Robber's Gorge. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Robber's_Gorge

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Sorry Iman, I think I'll have to take Ash up on her offer, she can join me on my Pirate ship :) Iman, you can visit, if we allow you on board. :p

I'll get my own wenches and both of you will be jealous :p And... and we will have our own boat! Nah nah!

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
I agree with Drunkenmage, Valtheim towers is where I set up camp. One tower on the road allows for quick ambushing, good vantage point of the surrounding's and fast reinforcements, narrow bridge bottleneck, a marksman's dream and can be held by one or two skilled warriors, plus ANOTHER tower with all the advantages of the first, plus a mountain to flee to.

Latest posts