"You cannot fast travel while guards are pursuing you" bug

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Levi

I just started on my first mission with the companions and every time I go into Jorrvaskr, Farkas will take out his sword and start talking to me. I can' help it and everytime I leave him, he'll just follow me until he catches up to me and he'll start talking to me again. And I've noticed since that started happening, Everytime I try to fast travel it gives my that message that's in my heading. It doesn't matter how far I run, the message will still appear at the top of my screen.

psyk0

No soul gem large enough.
Hi Levi,

Can you elaborate on what you mean by First Quest? Have you completed 'Take Up Arms'? Are you now on a radiant quest (Trouble in Skyrim / Animal Extermination / Hired Muscle / Family Heirloom / Escaped Criminal / Rescue Mission) or are you on the quest 'Proving your Honor'?

There don't seem to be any listed bugs on the UESPWiki relating to what you're describing, but I haven't checked the Discussions pages for those Companions quests.

Gehenna

Dazed & Confused
Removing Farkas and Vilkas from the guard faction might be something good to implement in the "fix" mod I'm working on.

As for dealing with your current issue, I wonder if you could handle it the same way you can in Oblivion. I don't know if it works because it's a different issue that causes it in Oblivion, but you could try deliberately causing yourself to get a bounty - go punch a guard or steal something and make sure you're seen - and then pay it off. In Oblivion you'd get stuck with monsters chasing you sometimes and it would disable fast travel. If you paid a bounty it would place you outside the jail and the monsters attached to you would spawn with you. You could then take them out (usually with the guards helping too) and thereby clear the problem.

The only other suggestion I have is to look for a console cheat to remove those two from the guard faction.

Levi I am having the same problem though i just started the companion quests I've completed plenty of others and I can not figure out anyway to fast travel while he's following

Levi

I figured out that it was because I had a bounty in a couple of cities. But when I got rid of all of those bounties, it still said that guards were pursuing me.

Lanconite

Tonight we dine in Hell.
JUST had that problem. I went back to Whiterun on the carriage from a stable and Vilkas was wandering around outside when I got there. I talked to him and exited the conversation, then he just casually walked away and I could fast travel again.

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
I had this problem the last time I played on my PC after I killed the homeless guy in Ivarstead..I fled down the waterfall and followed the current, miles away and it still said it. I ended up suiciding my character to fix it

xGooGx

i also had this problem.. just use the paycrimegold thing, it worked for me.
if u dont know what i mean, then go to a guard, open your console, click his head with your mouse and after you see something like "(0003hdS3)" type in "paycrimegold"

You'll still have your stolen items

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts