(Xbox 360) Wife Killed by Thalmor, No Courier Letter

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ShowgunSam

The Common Sense Party
First of all, I should go ahead and point out that I own the 360 version of Skyrim, so any questions I have will likely be directed towards other gamers on that platform, since we don't have that nifty little 'console mode' that PC users have that can fix everything.

My in-game wife, Aela, was unfortunately butchered by the Thalmor. Kind of sad, since she's quite useful when it comes to archery. Rather than reloading the game, I chose to take back all the valuables I'd given her and move on. I'd went quite the distance without saving my game, so there entails my only mistake. As I understand, you are supposed to receive a "letter of inheritance" from The Courier, along with 100 gold, 24 hours after the death of your spouse. I've waited in both Whiterun, where she's from and in Winterhold, where we lived... No letter, no gold. Which, of course, also means no ability to get remarried and I'm fairly certain that it IS possible.

Anyone else having this problem? Because, I have the distinct feeling that this is another one of Bethesda's incessant arsenal of bugs.

There is always one safe bet... if you are certain it is a bug, then you can just cut your losses, and reload from before she had passed on. That is, if you think your losses are not as valuable as remarrying

ShowgunSam

The Common Sense Party
There is always one safe bet... if you are certain it is a bug, then you can just cut your losses, and reload from before she had passed on. That is, if you think your losses are not as valuable as remarrying
Like I said beforehand, my only mistake was not reloading the quest before she was killed. I've gone quite a ways from when it happened. It's really not that big of a deal, I suppose. I actually ended up finding the courier a couple of times while traveling the roads, and low and behold, all he could say was "Sorry...nothing." I'd say The Courier fairly accurately represents Bethesda, hahaha.

Cheese-sandwich

Same problem here,
I Married aela the huntress and when I went into a dwemmer dungeon she died .
I figured she would respawn or something but has been three days since (never saw a courier)
Anyone knows anything about this ?

ZoTiC SmiGz

I bought the breeze home in skyrim and killed my wife shortly after ( I'm talking about a game by the way) . Walked outside to main market and got stopped by a guy with a letter of inheritance. Recieved 300 gold and various other worthless things. I'm on Xbox 360

C2 VTS BLACK-mods- custom stainless steel cat back exhaust(Mij) custom induction kit, lowered on extra low cituning , white powder coated alloys , stickerbombed dash , carbon wrapped bootlid.

ShowgunSam

The Common Sense Party
UPDATE: So, even though I've very much accepted the fact that Aela is dead and I just had to be the one to discover a very rare bug that's hardly worth reporting to Bethesda, I recently found something kind of interesting back at Jorrvaskr, in Whiterun. I was shuffling my happy ass through the 'Living Quarters' and just happened to find Aela's room... and there she was, in the middle of her bedroom, on the floor, deader than Elvis.

So, at some point or another, instead of being put in one of those stone coffins and stuffed into Whiterun's burial chamber, the A.I. engine commanded her dead rotten carcass to re-spawn in an incorrect "place of rest." Oh, and btw... still no letter.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts