Xbox 360 roleplay using modded gamesaves??

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Phoenix Knight

Unofficial awesome dude
I'm not sure about that if i'm honest, I know there are mods out there now that do this, I have one where you play as a regular bandit, one as a beggar type character and one as an ancient vampire recently awakened. I've had a look at the vampire one and as far as I can remember, the start location was a sarcophagus that was NOT present in the vanilla skyrim, so going off that I would say yes but cant be certain until I get into it!
Thanks anyway. wanted to roleplay a new character and the helgen thing has gotten really boring. plus i would rather not be called Dragonborn all the time by people I know.

LeonitusAquilius

Founder of Aquilius Steel
Hey guys,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but i'm happy to say that my idea has worked! i'm currently testing an RP gamesave I have created for a ranger type character, so far I have managed to get a new player home (basically a better version of Drelas Cottage) which is now the Whiterun Hold Rangers station! It has stables with horses, blacksmithing equipment, alchemy lab and I am currently working on making it follower friendly. I have managed to get the 'armed to the teeth' mod working to a certain degree, for those that dont know, this enables mutiple weapons to be displayed on your character, so instead of just a sword, my ranger has sword, dagger, bow, arrows and greatsword displayed all at once. I thought this would add to the realism of the RP where you would physically carry all of your equipment on you rather than the vanilla system of having it all on you but not being able to see it.

I have a few more ideas I need to put to the test but for now it is coming on nicely - once this save is thoroughly tested and complete I will post up a link so fellow XBOX 360 RPers on here can download it and try it out for themselves! As long as it works I have plans for a bandit chief save and a save that will hopefully add a whole new faction to the game!

Watch this space... :)

Yeah, as far as I know to port a save over to a standard console, you can only use items that are already in the vanilla skyrim. Houses work well but the mods that you see where people make items like guns and skimpy armors and realistic lighting effects etc wont port onto a standard console. Some will apparently work if your console is JTagged but obviously that is illegal and I for one wouldn't risk my xbox attempting it! I get sick of the hearthfire houses after a while and would love the option to make my own or at least change what I have already built...
Jtagging a 360 (Or the current hack, the RGH) is perfectly legal. You've been listening to Microcrap too much. I own two modded 360's. And house savegame mods are done using console commands, not the Creation Kit. The Creation Kit is only capable of making plugins, not saves.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

LeonitusAquilius

Yeah, as far as I know to port a save over to a standard console, you can only use items that are already in the vanilla skyrim. Houses work well but the mods that you see where people make items like guns and skimpy armors and realistic lighting effects etc wont port onto a standard console. Some will apparently work if your console is JTagged but obviously that is illegal and I for one wouldn't risk my xbox attempting it! I get sick of the hearthfire houses after a while and would love the option to make my own or at least change what I have already built...
Jtagging a 360 (Or the current hack, the RGH) is perfectly legal. You've been listening to Microcrap too much. I own two modded 360's. And house savegame mods are done using console commands, not the Creation Kit. The Creation Kit is only capable of making plugins, not saves.

LeonitusAquilius

yeah I know but these saves I am working on are for standard factory consoles - no mods or alterations needed - the console commands are what I have used for the majority of the alterations although it is possible to port over creation kit items - just ALOT more complicated lol :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts