Xbox 360 roleplay using modded gamesaves??

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

LeonitusAquilius

Founder of Aquilius Steel
hey guys, posted this in the RP section but not sure if it belongs, not sure if this is the right section either but here goes...

Ok so i'm having a spot of bother. I'm big into my in-game roleplaying and, as I have posted on another thread, am writing a journal to go along with my current RP character. With my current character, I RP as a blacksmith and with the DLC available for 360, the closest I can get to having my own forge is in the basement of one of the Hearthfire houses (or killing a smith and moving in to their place). This is OK to a certain extent but, if I had the choice I would set up my own forge somewhere along one of the major trade routes and at the moment, on console, this is not possible. I have hit a wall with my current RP character and rather than create another, I want to take the RP further. So I have been experimenting with modded gamesaves.

Now before I get blasted, these gamesaves do not require you to alter or mod your console in any way, shape or form and do not require JTag or anything similar. They are created using the PC Creation kit and ported over to the xbox 360 as gamesaves. I was wondering if anyone has experimented with these and, if so, what did you think? There are currently mods for upgraded player homes and weapons, armor, spells and shouts that are unobtainable in the vanilla skyrim. I am currently planning my own custom forge for my RP character and will post results when tested and completed for those interested. If it goes well I might do a few requests so members on here can get the idea, say like a hunters cabin or a new store for people who RP as traders etc.

This is still very early stages so please bear with me but what do you guys think, would it add a whole new depth to the RP aspect of skyrim? would people be interested? Is anyone already doing this? thoughts?

cheers people...

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
hey guys, posted this in the RP section but not sure if it belongs, not sure if this is the right section either but here goes...

Ok so i'm having a spot of bother. I'm big into my in-game roleplaying and, as I have posted on another thread, am writing a journal to go along with my current RP character. With my current character, I RP as a blacksmith and with the DLC available for 360, the closest I can get to having my own forge is in the basement of one of the Hearthfire houses (or killing a smith and moving in to their place). This is OK to a certain extent but, if I had the choice I would set up my own forge somewhere along one of the major trade routes and at the moment, on console, this is not possible. I have hit a wall with my current RP character and rather than create another, I want to take the RP further. So I have been experimenting with modded gamesaves.

Now before I get blasted, these gamesaves do not require you to alter or mod your console in any way, shape or form and do not require JTag or anything similar. They are created using the PC Creation kit and ported over to the xbox 360 as gamesaves. I was wondering if anyone has experimented with these and, if so, what did you think? There are currently mods for upgraded player homes and weapons, armor, spells and shouts that are unobtainable in the vanilla skyrim. I am currently planning my own custom forge for my RP character and will post results when tested and completed for those interested. If it goes well I might do a few requests so members on here can get the idea, say like a hunters cabin or a new store for people who RP as traders etc.

This is still very early stages so please bear with me but what do you guys think, would it add a whole new depth to the RP aspect of skyrim? would people be interested? Is anyone already doing this? thoughts?

cheers people...
I use a lot of modded saves, they make the game really cool! I got an entire castle all to myself on one of my modded saves with everything from forges, grind stones, dwarvin cabinets, and dozens of chests, go xboxmb.com, they got loads of modded house saves on there! Thats where i get all mine. ;)

LeonitusAquilius

I use a lot of modded saves, they make the game really cool! I got an entire castle all to myself on one of my modded saves with everything from forges, grind stones, dwarvin cabinets, and dozens of chests, go xboxmb.com, they got loads of modded house saves on there! Thats where i get all mine. ;)[/quote]

Hey,

Thanks for the reply, I've had a few off there myself but maybe I didn't explain clearly! I'll use my current RP character as an example, I am level 73; imperial and RP as a blacksmith, I really want my own forge/shop but with the console DLC this isn't possible. What I am planning is that I make my own Forge in a location of my choosing using the creation kit, at the same time I use the console to level my characters stats/perks etc then port the save back over to the xbox and VOILA!! I have my own forge, same stats, perks and level and can continue my RP.

I thought this would work well for the people who RP in game, I know there are saves for hunters and bandits etc but I wanted something a little more immersive and specific to my own RP. In the case of a hunter, they may start off living in a tent or small camp but it is not unreasonable to think that eventually you may want to build your own cabin near to your favorite hunting ground. I hope you get what I mean, If not I will sit and think how to better explain it lol!

jarif

I'm not sure what to say, even if you can mod the game, it won't be good as PC but I think like a house mod would be ok

LeonitusAquilius

I'm not sure what to say, even if you can mod the game, it won't be good as PC but I think like a house mod would be ok

Yeah, as far as I know to port a save over to a standard console, you can only use items that are already in the vanilla skyrim. Houses work well but the mods that you see where people make items like guns and skimpy armors and realistic lighting effects etc wont port onto a standard console. Some will apparently work if your console is JTagged but obviously that is illegal and I for one wouldn't risk my xbox attempting it! I get sick of the hearthfire houses after a while and would love the option to make my own or at least change what I have already built...

jarif

Yeah, as far as I know to port a save over to a standard console, you can only use items that are already in the vanilla skyrim. Houses work well but the mods that you see where people make items like guns and skimpy armors and realistic lighting effects etc wont port onto a standard console. Some will apparently work if your console is JTagged but obviously that is illegal and I for one wouldn't risk my xbox attempting it! I get sick of the hearthfire houses after a while and would love the option to make my own or at least change what I have already built...

I think I will make a thread how to make a really cheap gaming PC like £300 - £400+ if you want because If you really want to mod, you will need a PC :sadface: - anyway good luck!

LeonitusAquilius

[/quote]

I think I will make a thread how to make a really cheap gaming PC like £300 - £400+ if you want because If you really want to mod, you will need a PC :sadface: - anyway good luck![/quote]

Good thinking man, would be useful IMO

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
I use a lot of modded saves, they make the game really cool! I got an entire castle all to myself on one of my modded saves with everything from forges, grind stones, dwarvin cabinets, and dozens of chests, go xboxmb.com, they got loads of modded house saves on there! Thats where i get all mine. ;)

I get what your saying bro and thats easy enough to do, even if your pc can't properly run skyrim u can still use it as a means to mod saves for your xbox, a friend of mine does it all the time and his pc is so outdated he can't even move on the game. There are tutorials all over the internet for how to do this, only reason i don't mod my own saves is cuz there are so many on various websites i have no reason to, plus i'm not real big on RP characters, i just enjoy walking around searching for things to kill when i play. lol

LeonitusAquilius

I get what your saying bro and thats easy enough to do, even if your pc can't properly run skyrim u can still use it as a means to mod saves for your xbox, a friend of mine does it all the time and his pc is so outdated he can't even move on the game. There are tutorials all over the internet for how to do this, only reason i don't mod my own saves is cuz there are so many on various websites i have no reason to, plus i'm not real big on RP characters, i just enjoy walking around searching for things to kill when i play. lol[/quote]

haha! i'm with you man! I guess as long as the creation kit runs its do-able, we'll see I'm definitely gonna give it a go, if only to see if I can lol!

jarif

I get what your saying bro and thats easy enough to do, even if your pc can't properly run skyrim u can still use it as a means to mod saves for your xbox, a friend of mine does it all the time and his pc is so outdated he can't even move on the game. There are tutorials all over the internet for how to do this, only reason i don't mod my own saves is cuz there are so many on various websites i have no reason to, plus i'm not real big on RP characters, i just enjoy walking around searching for things to kill when i play. lol

black star

Phoenix Knight

Unofficial awesome dude
Could this method work for mods that make you not the Dragonborn and start you in a random place?

LeonitusAquilius

Could this method work for mods that make you not the Dragonborn and start you in a random place?

I'm not sure about that if i'm honest, I know there are mods out there now that do this, I have one where you play as a regular bandit, one as a beggar type character and one as an ancient vampire recently awakened. I've had a look at the vampire one and as far as I can remember, the start location was a sarcophagus that was NOT present in the vanilla skyrim, so going off that I would say yes but cant be certain until I get into it!

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
You could set up an outside forge at Lakeview Manor and be close to a major road until you get your mods sorted out. Irrc, you can set up a full service outdoor forge at any Hearthfire home. The anvil by the carpenters table would have to be the actual forge, which is kind of cheesy though.

jarif

By the way, since Xbox isn't like a PC in terms of non gaming so be careful of installing mods and uninstalling them. Remember to make a new save everytime you put a mod because Bethesda has noted that the information will be permanently be stuck in your save. Remember to stick to simple mods.

LeonitusAquilius

By the way, since Xbox isn't like a PC in terms of non gaming so be careful of installing mods and uninstalling them. Remember to make a new save everytime you put a mod because Bethesda has noted that the information will be permanently be stuck in your save. Remember to stick to simple mods.

Yeah man, I play all modded saves on a separate profile which does NOT have Xbox Live...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts