• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

What writings would you like to see?

• Poetry

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Rants about other games

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Other (comment to specify)

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Skyrimosity

DARKNESS
You surround me​
You control me​
You cause​
my pain yet​
my deepest​
joys. You​
embrace my​
desires and​
ignore my fears.​
You are the​
Darkness and​
I am a​
restless​
soul.​
(I hope you like that little poem/whatever it is. I kinda just thought it up and decided to write it down. I will be putting all sorts of writings in this thread so stay tuned for more!)​

Rekamennos

Account closed
Nice poem Sky :) Can't wait to see more :)

Skyrimosity

Nice poem Sky :) Can't wait to see more :)
I've never been much of a poet I'm afraid, but I've always been an epic ranter about games (especially Role-playing games since Skyrim has ruined every other game with its awesomeness)

Skyrimosity

Light (counter to Darkness)​
You shine on my​
hair, you​
enlighten my eyes,​
you stare into​
my soul,​
and teach me​
wrong from right.​
You influence​
my thoughts,​
words, and​
decisions​
yet your power​
is overruled​
by my behavior.​
You are the​
answer to my​
life's problems.​
Why do I ignore​
you?​
Why do​
I not see you?​
Why must you​
elude me, oh​
glorious light?​
The answer,​
of course,​
lies not in​
my sight,​
so I, forever,​
shall not​
understand the​
power of the​
light.​

Rekamennos

Account closed
*tries to give rep but can't*

Skyrimosity

Dragon Age: Origins​
Ooh... where to begin? Well, how about character creation. I went to pick a race and was surprised to see there were 3 races and only 3 classes. Again, I blamed Skyrim for actually giving me a choice on how to play a RP'ing game. But anyway, I decided to pick a nice little Elf. I made him a Dalish Elf (The elven options being City and Dalish. That's it.) and I named the Elf, Toegoff (some of you may get the YouTube reference.) So anyway, I make my character a Rogue and give him some points in places I think he deserves and then I get the game started.​
Here comes the long narration that tells me what I think of my Dalish Clan and what my livelihood is. Meanwhile, I'm thinking "Is this the Legend of Zelda? Telling me how I feel about my life?" but anyway, life continues. So the first time I actually get to do anything is when me and some friend of mine (anyone with half a brain knew he'd die) caught two humans in our land. Yadda yadda, boring conversation ensued. So me and that friend start walking our merry way to some ruins which had apparently been undiscovered by both the humans in the area and my Clan.​
So we get to the ruin (which was rather unimpressive) and start walking through its tunnels and such. We're fighting some skeletons and other things, nothing too scary, while trying to dodge all the traps (which magically appeared in a previously unexplored area but I digress.) So we get to the end of the ruin where we kill this weird bear-dog creature that was possessed. And that's when we found the mirror. My friend was like "I must touch the mirror! I MUST!" and I was thinking "Wow... brilliant story development." Of course, the guy touches the mirror and a weird explosion follows. Genius story writing, I must say. (Did I mention we were forced to go to the ruin and forced to touch the mirror? Yea, real option choice there.)​
Ok, so then I wake up back in my clan (apparently with a headache) and I walk around trying to find the Clan Elder. When I find her, she tells me I was brought back by the Grey Warden Duncan. Blah blah blah, going back to the ruin with some girl named Merrill, blah blah blah, find the Grey Warden. Then he tells me that I have some of the Darkspawn plague inside of me and that I must become a Grey Warden to save myself. And apparently, my friend died. But that's beside the point. So now I'm forced to leave my clan (which was supposed to be some deeply emotional thing even though I personally had only known them for perhaps an hour.) Then I travel with Duncan to the ruins of Ostegar.​
At Ostegar, I meet another Grey Warden and other recruits. Blah blah blah, they tell me that I must take the other Grey Warden and the recruits out and we must gather 3 viles of Darkspawn blood.Then we must find the Grey Warden archives which had the Grey Wardens as allies with the Dalish, Mages, and Dwarves. (apparently Duncan, destroyer of evil, couldn't jog out the Ruin for 5 minutes and get them)​
So yea, walk out the ruin and then easily kill some Darkspawn (which look like Gothic-Emo midgets with a bad attitude and a sword), collect the 3 Viles of blood and then find the archives. Talk to a witch and such, then appear back at the Ruins. Talk to Duncan. Oh goodie, time for the Grey Warden ritual. One recruit drinks the Darkspawn blood (yea, that's the ritual) and he does all sorts of weird things before dying. The other one refuses and Duncan kills him (all the time looking like a Cultist leader) and then I drink it and then, of course, I survive. Wake up sometime soon and BAM! instant Grey Wardenship. And then the game gets really rant-worthy. More to follow.​

Skyrimosity

Bullying
(In memory of Amanda Todd)​
You think that you​
are somehow​
superior to me. Well,​
I know why you​
torment me.​
Let me take​
a guess.​
Do your parents​
fight a lot? Or​
do they not​
spend time with you?​
Is it because of​
your insecurities,​
because you​
think by bullying​
me you are better?​
Is it because you​
have yet to know​
what love is, to not​
have a true friend​
to tell how you feel?​
Well, my guess​
is that you bully me​
because you are​
actually weak and​
that you look for​
something,​
anything in life,​
that eases your pain.​
You are not superior,​
you are a joke, a​
plague on society.​
I laugh at you, bully.​
You are the bully, but​
I am the one who is​
strong.​
(Please comment.)​

Rekamennos

Account closed
Bullying
(In memory of Amanda Todd)​
You think that you​
are somehow​
superior to me. Well,​
I know why you​
torment me. Let me​
take a guess.​
Do your parents​
fight a lot? Or​
do they not​
spend time with you?​
Is it because of​
your insecurities,​
because you​
think by bullying​
me you are better?​
Is it because you​
have yet to know​
what love is, to not​
have a true friend​
to tell how you feel?​
Well, my guess​
is that you bully me​
because you are​
actually weak and​
that you look for​
something,​
anything in life,​
that eases your pain.​
You are not superior,​
you are a joke, a​
plague on society.​
I laugh at you, bully.​
You are the bully, but​
I am the one who is​
strong.​
(Please comment.)​

I think your words are strong, and I like them. However, I feel like you could convey them better by changing your breaks. A poet's style is defined not only by their word choice and flow, but by how they break up what they are trying to convey. If you look at my material, sometimes I will put even a simple word such as "and" on a line by itself because as I read aloud to myself I want to emphasize the importance of that word specifically. The whole poem itself has to work together in unison while also being able to break up in flow in various parts.

>.< I am not good at criticism I hope this gets my point across.

Skyrimosity

I think your words are strong, and I like them. However, I feel like you could convey them better by changing your breaks. A poet's style is defined not only by their word choice and flow, but by how they break up what they are trying to convey. If you look at my material, sometimes I will put even a simple word such as "and" on a line by itself because as I read aloud to myself I want to emphasize the importance of that word specifically. The whole poem itself has to work together in unison while also being able to break up in flow in various parts.

>.< I am not good at criticism I hope this gets my point across.
Like I said, I've never been the greatest poet. The only real signature poetry style I possess is that I always put the last word, which conveys the entire meaning of the poem, on a last line all by itself.

Rekamennos

Account closed
Like I said, I've never been the greatest poet. The only real signature poetry style I possess is that I always put the last word, which conveys the entire meaning of the poem, on a last line all by itself.

May I break it up for you on how I would do it? :) For an example of course not something I would suggest you do. That's entirely up to you.

Rekamennos

Account closed
You,
think that you,
are somehow,
superior to me.

Well, I know why,
you torment me...

Let me take a guess...

Do your parents fight a lot?
Or do they not spend time with you?
Is it because of your insecurities,
because you think by bullying me,
you are better?

Is it because you have yet
to know what love is,
to not have a true friend,
to tell how you feel?

Well, my guess,
is that you bully me,
because you are
actually weak and
that you look for
something,
anything in life,
that eases your pain.

You are not superior,
you are a joke;
a plague on society.

I laugh at you, bully,
you are the bully, but,
I am the one
who is strong.

Start Dale

I got 99 problems but a Deadra ain't one.
Hey man, liking the style. Keep up the work. As for you not being able to write poetry you have definite potential and the raw emotion to convey, i would advise merely looking at a way to refine and concisely express what you are feeling/thinking in a piece.

I voted other as i want to see you writing lots of different stuffs.

Skyrimosity

Hey man, liking the style. Keep up the work. As for you not being able to write poetry you have definite potential and the raw emotion to convey, i would advise merely looking at a way to refine and concisely express what you are feeling/thinking in a piece.

I voted other as i want to see you writing lots of different stuffs.
Well, besides Video Game Rants and some poetry, what do you think I should write?

Start Dale

I got 99 problems but a Deadra ain't one.

Skyrimosity

Hmmm... not too sure what I should write a short story about.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts