• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Many forums feature writing competitions. So how about we set up a Skyrim themed one? Say each week we host a competition with a different theme with certain guidelines. One theme could be everyone who enters must write a story about a set quest or dungeon or something like that. While locations and characters will be the same, the main character (whomever the writer creates) will vary as well as to how the story may unfold.

Of course there could be various types of themes as the weeks go by with various guidelines and such. Anyway just curious what everyone else thinks of this. These would not have to be lenthy competitions or anything. Something for practice. For fun. For whatever. Anyway, thoughts?

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
(in Darth Vader's voice) How many septims are at the end of this. . .competition, you say?

Sounds good, though I'm not sure if I'd participate. Must. Increase. Vocabulary. :)

The Hungry Orc

Master of the Pyre
I'm game. I like the idea of the dungeons and all that, and how they each could be viewed from a different perspective.

Docta Corvina

Hmm, this could be fun! I'm not sure how faithful I'd be to the timetable and thus the contest itself - I'm clearly not good with writing deadlines lol - but it would be interesting to see what people come up with. :D

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Well that is the beauty and purpose of this comp! It's not about length or fancy words! It can be as long or as short as you want it to be! As long at the basics are covered. Location, certain characters, etc... then anything is game! One paragraph or one million!

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
I love how different writers can take the same prompt and create entirely unique stories from it... so I'd be up for this just from a reader's perspective!

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Well that is the beauty and purpose of this comp! It's not about length or fancy words! It can be as long or as short as you want it to be! As long at the basics are covered. Location, certain characters, etc... then anything is game! One paragraph or one million!

One million?! :eek: RIP, Skyrim Forums, after the crash ye shall not be forgotten. . . .

Kir the Silent

Until Your Flesh Is Consumed
I'm in. I love writing and fan fiction is always fun to toy with. Sadly between work and my actual book it's hard to find the time

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
I'm down, it sounds like a great idea, and might distract me from the utter failure of a book that I'm attempting to write.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts