wouldnt it be nice if they would start

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kevin_as1

necromancer/assassin the best of the best
For a new dcl and I bet I speak for a lot of skyrim fans for ps3 and. 360 ... need some co. -op !!!!!! Start working ob that I bet people would even pay...I mean I would. I think it would be cool playing with a friend doing quest together helping out.. I'm just saying like maybe. 2 player or 3 just for the hellz if it lol

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
explain combat? you do know the game pauses when u access the menus....

Co-op is what TESO is for.

Kevin_as1

Combat? Umm nothing to explain there... and pauses? No if they put up a coop than you would have something like cod ghost and all that good stuff.. think outside the box.. would really help.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Elder Scrolls games don't need co-op, or multiplayer for that matter. Leave that nonsense for the plopsty FPS games.

ChevyGirl

Breton Assassin Lv 35
For a new dcl and I bet I speak for a lot of skyrim fans for ps3 and. 360 ... need some co. -op !!!!!! Start working ob that I bet people would even pay...I mean I would. I think it would be cool playing with a friend doing quest together helping out.. I'm just saying like maybe. 2 player or 3 just for the hellz if it lol

I see what you mean. It would be really fun if they could somehow work something out like that! It would have to be a whole lot different than the original gameplay but I like the idea.

MushroomGenius

Combat? Umm nothing to explain there... and pauses? No if they put up a coop than you would have something like cod ghost and all that good stuff.. think outside the box.. would really help.

I dunno what you mean by "cod ghost"... if you mean Call of Duty, then I've never played it.

I asked you to explain how combat would work in multiplayer. As you know, Skyrim's combat isn't fluid. In order to access more weapons, potions, spells, etc than you have in your hotkeys, you need to pause the game. How are you going to pause the game when another player (in another town, city, or country) is actively playing? You're going to pause the game completely for both of you?

In order to think "outside the box", you need to first define the box.

Again, consider TESO. You want multi-player, wait for that where it's actually designed from the beginning with multi-player in mind. You really want a completely game-changing element as an add-on? Bad idea.

I'm not saying your idea doesn't have merit, it's been suggested here many times before you, but Skyrim would have had to been designed from the start as multi-player. Two Dragonborns? Two TG guildmasters? How would quests work? What if Player A already completed the TG questline? Would Player B no longer be able to advance? What about the Civil War? What if Player A is a finished with the Stormcloak side and already took over all of the holds? In order for multi-player to be legit, all of this has to be considered.

Kevin_as1

Why pause? Think of runescape in a way.. you can help your friends do some quest trade items with eachother things like that I see your point aswell and healing you don't have to pause it could be kinda like wow but not there's a 1000 different ways to do it. They could even have new quests for multiplayer that you can only do on multiplayer .. and say player A Is done with everything all that matters is for player B than because player b would get the help he or she needs it wouldn't have to be a massive mmo just a Maybe 4 player thing dosnt even have to be. 4 player just. 2 or maybe more.. skyrim has the potential it would be amazing .. I forgot what the game is called but I remember pausing the game and it would still be on.. do you get what I'm trying to say? It would be like wow . But just skyrim style

MushroomGenius

Why pause? Think of runescape in a way.. you can help your friends do some quest trade items with eachother things like that I see your point aswell and healing you don't have to pause it could be kinda like wow but not there's a 1000 different ways to do it. They could even have new quests for multiplayer that you can only do on multiplayer .. and say player A Is done with everything all that matters is for player B than because player b would get the help he or she needs it wouldn't have to be a massive mmo just a Maybe 4 player thing dosnt even have to be. 4 player just. 2 or maybe more.. skyrim has the potential it would be amazing .. I forgot what the game is called but I remember pausing the game and it would still be on.. do you get what I'm trying to say? It would be like wow . But just skyrim style

What your asking for is a complete re-design... :confused:

Again.... wait for The Elder Scrolls Online if you want multi-player. Skyrim was never designed as nor intended to be an MMO. Runescape was designed from the start as a multiplayer experience. As was WOW. As is any other MMO. From the beginning stages of planning, they had multiplayer in mind.

Bethesda would have to rescript the entire game to accommodate multiplayer. Just think about the opening scene and imagine how different and difficult that would be.

Player A... I'll follow Ralof.
Player B... Nah, I like Hadvar.

Now what?

There are cave-ins and different elements that would block the other player from advancing. Think of the scene with the Torturer. How would that play out now if one is Stormcloak and the other is Empire? Would we then fight to the death?

If both were forced to the same path, once you finally exit Helgen via the cave, now what? One guy goes to Riverwood to further the Main Quest while the other starts heading off to Winterhold because he wants to be a Mage. Player A advances the Main Quest, but leaves Player B behind.

It's not as simple as you make it out to be.

How can I NOT pause in combat to access my menus? I can't move while my menus are open can I? So I'm to stand there, taking a beating while I navigate through the menus to find my healing potions?

MMOs work on the PC because there are multitudes of hotkey options. While this may work on the PC-version of Skyrim, what about the Consoles? I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of Skyrim players are console players. Why re-design the game with only maybe 20% of users taking advantage?

Consider scalable enemies also, what if one player is significantly higher than the other? You'd have crypts full of Draugr Deathlords attacking the low level player.

While it's nice to sit and dream about what could be, take some time to think about what you're really asking and take a bit more time to think about how it would actually be implemented.

Kevin_as1

I gey what your saying.. I never said play with strangers.. im saying with friends who help each other.. elder scrolls online.. haven't even heard of it yet.. umm PC probably huh .. I play on Xbox kas171 . So get your point.. so what's the online version gonna be like

MushroomGenius

Kevin_as1

Sooooo PC? 360? PS3? Probably PC couldn't find anything about what its gonna be on but it would be great if it could be on a console... oh and thanks for the info

MushroomGenius

Player A:I wanna be dovakhiin! Player B:No me! Random dude:Hello LADYS! Player B and A:shut UP! Player A and B:I want to be dovakhiin! Random dude:There is only one way...YOU MUST DUEL! *Epic fight scene* *Player B wins,but then random dude shoots him in head with pistol* Random dude:Time to get my best mate now :) *Later* Random dude and his best friend:I WANNA BE DOVAKHIIN! And that is why kids we don't have CO-OP for Skyrim! :D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts