Would you like the ability to die your armor different colors?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

T1d3

Article Writer
As in when you create your armor it comes out it's generic color, but if you find the right ingredients you could change the color of your armor. and not only that but you can color certain sections, so you could in reality have rainbow armor (don't know why you'd want that though).

I for one would love this ability, I am surprised that a game such that gives you so much freedom to play as you want, doesn't have this option.

so Skyrim forum goers, yay or neigh?

ShadowGambit

Yes. I used a mod so I get all elven items in black, but that's a mod and you cannot choose to mix.

Also, if that the case, then the dye should be different for leather dye or metal dye.

Metal dye should be more expensive and have different ingredient.

Code wise, that would be a bit tiresome as each piece of equipment would requires a different code for EACH COLOR. At the end, that makes a lot of new codes to generate though.

T1d3

Article Writer
Yes. I used a mod so I get all elven items in black, but that's a mod and you cannot choose to mix.

Also, if that the case, then the dye should be different for leather dye or metal dye.

Metal dye should be more expensive and have different ingredient.

Code wise, that would be a bit tiresome as each piece of equipment would requires a different code for EACH COLOR. At the end, that makes a lot of new codes to generate though.

oh sorry I was talking about xbox, but for a PC user I guess that would be pretty cool

Aeidir

Archmage and Arch Curate
Yes, for sure! This is quite a good idea. It would require quite a bit of tweaking on smithing and other things, but I think i'd be worth it. How about a set of elven armor with black metal and dark green leather? Or dark red ebony armor with some white mixed in? You could come up with all sorts of sweet combinations.

T1d3

Article Writer
Yes, for sure! This is quite a good idea. It would require quite a bit of tweaking on smithing and other things, but I think i'd be worth it. How about a set of elven armor with black metal and dark green leather? Or dark red ebony armor with some white mixed in? You could come up with all sorts of sweet combinations.

As a light armor lover, I would like black elven armor with a hint of red. I think it would look so BA.

Aeidir

Archmage and Arch Curate
Additionally, what do you think about the ability to change the color of your weapons? I'd love to forge a red glass sword with a fire enchant to go with chillrend.

ShadowGambit

oh sorry I was talking about xbox, but for a PC user I guess that would be pretty cool

I'm on PC, but even on PC we don't have that kind of flexibility.

So yes I would like to see it on vanilla game, for PC or console, it doesn't matter, but I'm just wondering about the number of new code lines needed.

T1d3

Article Writer
Additionally, what do you think about the ability to change the color of your weapons? I'd love to forge a red glass sword with a fire enchant to go with chillrend.

that would be cool, I did not think about that. is there anyway we could bring this idea to bethesda and bring it to there attention?

AtomicDonut

I think it would be cool if you could also color your weapons.
Pure white Nightingale Armor plus light blue Ebony Bow, Holy Archer look ftw. But put black Leather Armor with some dark green stripes along with a pure black Elven Bow, Ranger look ftw.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
Absolutely. I have always wanted a silver/whitish elven armor.
This would be awesome. Black steel plate and anything other than the current colors for glass would be really cool.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
While I like the burnished steel and leather look of Skyrim's armor, and like that most sets look quite functional, more customization is never a bad thing. Dyes might be fun to play with, so long as they keep the color range appropriate to the muted artistic tones they've selected for Skyrim.

Jacobhwrd

While I like the burnished steel and leather look of Skyrim's armor, and like that most sets look quite functional, more customization is never a bad thing. Dyes might be fun to play with, so long as they keep the color range appropriate to the muted artistic tones they've selected for Skyrim.

I would agree 100% if this game was an mmo or just multiplayer at all. I myself would make my armors darker for bad characters and take a lighter more pure theme for good guys but since it's a single player game only I would prefer absolute color control.

ShadowGambit

Absolutely. I have always wanted a silver/whitish elven armor.

if you are on PC, check the Mystic Elven armor mod... very nice.

It has also a "transparent" shield.

Drewski

Relaxing on Revis Island, with Revis and Holmes :(
I'd say yes, but then I play exclusively in 1st person mode, and yesterday, after about 10 hrs straight with my current char, a hunter remarked `What do you want little Elf?`.

I'd completely forgotten his race, and had to take off his helmet to check ;)

So probably not really that important............

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts