Spoiler Would you consider Ulfric evil?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
You seem to forget that the Thalmor are casually watching all these events unfold. Do you really think they will allow Ulfric to take down the Empire and amass an army large enough to best them? Definetly not, they will squash him like a bug before he even gets near that possibility and then what happens? At least Ulfric and the Nords of Skyrim died for a purpose? At least they died fighting? If he swallowed his pride and put his greed aside for ONE SECOND, the Empire and him could at least have a chance to get out of this Thalmor problem.

THAT is why I don't support the Stormcloaks, inflated egos with racist tendencies. They are doing no good for anybody, really, they don't look at the bigger picture. At least Skyrim would have a chance at stability through the Empire, whether they are rightfully the rulers or not.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
You seem to forget that the Thalmor are casually watching all these events unfold. Do you really think they will allow Ulfric to take down the Empire and amass an army large enough to best them? Definetly not, they will squash him like a bug before he even gets near that possibility and then what happens? At least Ulfric and the Nords of Skyrim died for a purpose? At least they died fighting? If he swallowed his pride and put his greed aside for ONE SECOND, the Empire and him could at least have a chance to get out of this Thalmor problem.

THAT is why I don't support the Stormcloaks, inflated egos with racist tendencies. They are doing no good for anybody, really, they don't look at the bigger picture. At least Skyrim would have a chance at stability through the Empire, whether they are rightfully the rulers or not.

The empire could do the same you know. It can go both ways :) To that respects I give negative points to both sides. Instead of killing each other they should be getting together, and fight those damn elves in summerset Isle.

Imperials and Stormcloaks vs A.D :)

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
The empire could do the same you know. It can go both ways :) To that respects I give negative points to both sides. Instead of killing each other they should be getting together, and fight those damn elves in summerset Isle.

Imperials and Stormcloaks vs A.D :)

You and I both know that even if the Imperials tried to negotiate a truce, Ulfric would never agree to it on principle. It would mean he loses power. So I think the Stormcloaks would be more on the negative side at this point.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
You and I both know that even if the Imperials tried to negotiate a truce, Ulfric would never agree to it on principle. It would mean he loses power. So I think the Stormcloaks would be more on the negative side at this point.

You don't know that because it never happen. If the Dragonborn (The future Emperor by right) got involved I'm certain that Ulfric would cooperate alone with Tullius. Both sides respects the Dragonborn.

Both sides want power, and so you give them both what they want. Ulfric wants to become the next High king of Skyrim and so the empire should let him while on the other hand under 1 condition that the empire still have control over the province of skyrim, and that Tullius still reminds the General in Skyrim to maintain order.

That way both sides are happy.... well sorta.

The Stormcloaks and the imperials needs a good dose of STFU from the Dragonborn :)

I'm pissed off at Bethesda for not giving me this option! This would've been great to use for speechcraft :)

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Ulfric would never agree to allow the Empire to oversee his rule as the High King. And surely he would never seek advice from Tullius. He would want Galmar to be his right hand man.

And I don't see where both sides respect the Dovahkiin. Tullius seems to be oblivious and Ulfric wants to use the Dragonborn's power to his own advantage.

J

Jeremius

alright, alright. Seems I have to play moderate w/scenario again. Let's look at the game with a more real world aspect: If the US was the empire and ruled over the Americas and the Chinese the Thalmor and the Chinese instigated a Civil war in Mexico, yet one madman with an armory of Nuclear weapons is threatening to destroy the world, like Alduin/Volkihar Vampires, but only you know that is going on and what it would mean. What is going to be higher on your "Must Stop" list: The madman with the nukes, or the Mexican Civil War?

Asmund Fire-helm

No.
Ulfric Stormcloak is not evil. and neither is his army.
he is a bad Jarl. nobody can disagree with that.
Let's face it. the state of the City is proof of that. not counting from the Grey Quarters (Which is in no way his responsibility) there is a murderer about who's targetting specific victims, a boy has returned to the home of his dead mom and almost everyone around knows it, and the Argonians are forced to work in the Docks. so no. he's not a good Jarl. he can not be trusted to be a good king.
However, he has the right idea. (And, I say this from his own rhetoric, not what his followers do.) Skyrim needs to be segregrated from the Empire. The Empire needs to be destroyed, and turned into an alliance with equal allies, because otherwise the races of man will not survive the Dominion. The Empire needs to butt out of Skyrim, because otherwise Nords can defend themselves pretty easily against the Dominion, even if the Empire was to just let them through (Which, even if the Empire had lost the Civil War, they wouldn't just let an army of Thalmor through.)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts