• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I haven't played the Dragonborn main quest in a few months, but from memory, Miraak didn't seem "especially" evil, he just desperately wanted out of Apocrypha.

We know that he turned on the dragons after he learned Bend Will, so he wasn't blindly loyal to the dragons, nor the dragon priests. Whether he turned on the dragons to free himself (and humanity) from dragons and the dragon cult or just to amass power isn't apparent. I think it's worth noting that he chose to rebel against the dragons/the dragon cult at (seemingly) the height of their power.

Using what (little) knowledge we know about Miraak, do you think he would have helped the current Dragonborn fight Alduin, assuming he was able to find a way to leave Apocrypha?

JClarke1953

No, he was too much into his own power, and had ticked off Hermaeus Mora.

Too bad I think though that after defeating Mirrak, Hermaeus does nothing afterwards with or to the Dragonborn. I mean, what was the point of all that if Hermaeus pretty much is gone, short of going back into the Black Books (of which I have all of them).

AS88

Staff member
I haven't played the Dragonborn main quest in a few months, but from memory, Miraak didn't seem "especially" evil, he just desperately wanted out of Apocrypha.

We know that he turned on the dragons after he learned Bend Will, so he wasn't blindly loyal to the dragons, nor the dragon priests. Whether he turned on the dragons to free himself (and humanity) from dragons and the dragon cult or just to amass power isn't apparent. I think it's worth noting that he chose to rebel against the dragons/the dragon cult at (seemingly) the height of their power.

Using what (little) knowledge we know about Miraak, do you think he would have helped the current Dragonborn fight Alduin, assuming he was able to find a way to leave Apocrypha?

I think JClarke is on the right track, here.

No, he was too much into his own power

http://uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Miraak

If you read through the Lore article though, it's clear to see that Miraak was malevolent. He refused to help King Olaf in the original battles against Alduin, and sought only to consume and acquire as much power as possible. He betrayed the dragons and dragon priests, before being rescued by Mora following their deal. He became trapped in Apocrypha, only able to search for the power to leave.

This is the chant that you hear from the people enthralled and working at the shrines on Solstheim. Doesn't sound like a particularly nice guy to me.

Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be.

CaptMorgan72

No, he was too much into his own power, and had ticked off Hermaeus Mora.

Too bad I think though that after defeating Mirrak, Hermaeus does nothing afterwards with or to the Dragonborn. I mean, what was the point of all that if Hermaeus pretty much is gone, short of going back into the Black Books (of which I have all of them).
Hermaeus rewards the Dragonborn with ancient knowledge and enchanted gear. I'd say Hermaeus does plenty after you kill Miraak.

Lucid

I don't think that AS88's post leaves much to add. Miraak's malevolence is quite well defined, and nothing about his behaviour in the dlc indicates repentance or regret for his actions.

Ive always wanted a mod that makes Miraak subservient to me. I bet he would be an amazing follower once properly broken down.

Clau

The Fateless One
Well if you completed the Dragonborn main quest line before you started Septimus Signus' quest: Discerning the Transmundane; Hermaeus Mora speaks a different line, stating that he has watched you since Miraak's defeat and deems you worthy of the Ogma Infinium.

I say it is a nice touch by the devs. :)

CaptMorgan72

Well if you completed the Dragonborn main quest line before you started Septimus Signus' quest: Discerning the Transmundane; Hermaeus Mora speaks a different line, stating that he has watched you since Miraak's defeat and deems you worthy of the Ogma Infinium.

I say it is a nice touch by the devs. :)

Too bad they didn't add a simple line for Molag Bal to acknowledge you as a vampire when you get his mace, if you happen to be one at the time of that quest.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...

Miraak follower with Voiced dialogue in Miraaks own Voicewhy it even changes the last quest where instead you use Bend Will on Miraak and he surrenders to you and you both fight your way out of Apocrypha destroying everything hermaeus mora throws at you until he gives up

Benefits = 3 new followers Including the Level 150 Miraak fully voiced and 2 of his Cultists

Negatives = Hermaeus Mora will hunt you down and send Seekers and lurkers after you and you cant get the reward from that black book

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Miraak would of made one bad ass Emperor of Tamriel, he'd have pwned the Thalmor.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts