would anyone else like to be able to build a house in the Winterhold?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

stagnant94

i may be on PS3 but i still retain some hope that Hearthfire and dawnguard will arrive for us. however i would love it if they added a buildable house somewhere in the Winterhold, it may not be the nicest area but i think most people playing an evil character would appreciate having a house in the most desolate, lonely place in skyrim. i mean the place just feels evil. i'd love to have it looking out to the sea of ghosts, hidden somewhere out of sight, i don't think it would be too difficult to implement seeing as they've already got the programming for buildable houses. i'd just love this edition.

Saozig

Hippy
Well, you may like the house in Hjaalmarch. It's near High Gate Ruins. It's actually my favorite location of three Hearthfire houses because it's the most remote.

Most of the area in Winterhold Hold is ruins, glaciers or mountains. I can see why they didn't have a house there.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
It would be cool if you could buy property there, yeah. Like, you pay to clear a lot in the town, and then you pay for the property itself, and you could build it just like you would build the manors in Hearthfire. I do like the Winterhold area :)

Cylos

The Last Dragonborn
Just rebuild Winterhold, then reward yourself with a nice mansion larger than the Jarl's house.

Moris

I'd like a house in Winterhold. But I also keep telling my hubby that I don't think I'm getting a full Canadian experience living on Vancouver Island (still no snow or even a freeze this winter here in Victoria), and that we should live in Yellowknife for a year or two.

LaSposaCadavere

Sure, it would be nice to add another house to the 8 I've already got.

Moris

Sure, it would be nice to add another house to the 8 I've already got.

Haha. Well, it might be a good place to send churlish stewards and impertinent housecarls... a sort of Skryim gulag, if you will.

ETA: It should, of course, come with its own mine.

LaSposaCadavere

Nah, I'd actually enjoy that place too much to do that, being a lover of glaciers and snow.
Besides, if you have a problem with a steward/housecarl, Boethiah would be happy to take them as a sacrifice. :)

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
I'd like to build a house in Winterhold, but I'd have to get rid of Serana cos she spends enough time bitching about the cold everywhere else so Winterhold would be a constant moan.

Clau

The Fateless One
Us Skyrim Good Deed players too would love a chance to rebuild Winterhold. :) Starting with a house there. Imagine a manor there and it adds a great deal to the desolate place. I think there used to be a mod project in SkyrimNexus called "Rebuilding Winterhold" quests that was in discussion.

Saw that discussion some months back about suggestions such as buying a house, recruiting people to live there, outfitting the town

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts