• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lizzifer

Watch out for hop-ons.
Hey guys,

For those of you that have Dawnguard, is it worth it? I know that might sound like a stupid question, but you never know with extension packs.

I'm not a particular fan of being a vampire in Skyrim, nor was I in Oblivion. Too much pain for a bit of gain. I have heard that becoming a vampire and having Serana as a follower is awesome; is it worth it even if you don't particularly enjoy being a vampire?

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
My plan is to wait until it comes out for PC, and then not buy it for at least a month. I will watch all the YouTube videos of other people playing it. Anything I think is cool, I will try to replicate myself with the Creation Kit to see if that "cures" me of wanting the DLC. If I still think I want to buy it after I have waited a month or so, and watched everything there is to watch on YouTube, I may just purchase it.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
I think it's worth it though, admittedly, I haven't played it all the way through yet. I upgraded my PC and purchased Skyrim for the PC a couple of weeks ago and have been too busy with playing through some mods and working on my own fanfic to put in huge amounts of time into my 360's Dawnguard.

I rarely even look at this subforum because I don't want to spoil what I haven't yet experienced. Youtube playthroughs for me are a no-no.

I hate being a Vampire in Skyrim, however I actually enjoyed playing as the Dawnguard. So yes, I would say buy it when its out for your system. But that's my own opinion.

Humbungala

Honestly bethesda stayed true when they said it was a good 20 extra hours of gameplay, if not more if you like diddle dallying with your vampire lord form.

The cons no longer outweigh the pros for being a vampire. Vampire form is simply too powerful and even if you were to use it in the daylight I'm sure with the massive amount of lifesteal you have you shouldn't die.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts