Worst video games you have played?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Stalker

Silent hill: shattered memories

Clau

The Fateless One
Two by far:

Game of Thrones (PS3)
I traded my Gran Turismo 4 it, but no sooner had I regret playing it. Uninspired, bugged, unpolished licensed game.

Bound by Flame (PS4)

I traded my Assassin's Creed Ezio Chronicles for it, but the so called next gen action RPG was boring as hell. Repetitive combat, repetitive missions and the amount of unnecessary profanity dilutes the RP system. At first, I enjoyed the first 40 minutes of the game which was chapter 1, particularly the juggernaut battle but the novelty fizzles out after that.

Stalker

Oh I really disliked Dungeon Siege 3. The artwork was well done, but everything else was terrible. Do not play this game.

Gregor Moon Fang

Champion of Azura
Rift
Arcania - Gothic
TNA Impact
Brink
Fallout

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
Halo: Spartan Assault.
If that was 343's idea of a RTS, I am NOT looking forwards to Halo Wars 2 (if it ever happens).

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
I'm going to list some of my least favourite games of all time, then save the worst one 'til last. So:

Assassins Creed 3. I loved the Ezio trilogy so much, and then Connor came along. I played through the entire game, looking for a reason to like it, and couldn't find one. Haytham was the only decent character, and he was the bad guy. The story was dull; it was just Connor shouting "Where's Charles Lee" for twelve hours. And I tried out the naval combat, hated it. That meant I refused to play AC4 because it was so heavily naval, and to sum it up, AC3 ruined the entire franchise for me.

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified. I'll be honest, I was pretty late to the XCOM franchise, having only played the recent Enemy Unknown and the expansion, Enemy Within. However, I LOVED them. They had plenty of variety; the contrast between the micro-management of XCOM HQ and the turn-based battles against the aliens kept it interesting for a huge amount of time. So, when I put time into the Bureau, I was expecting a lot; having enjoyed other third-person shooters like Mass Effect and Gears of War. However, although the squad commands were fairly unique and a little interesting, that wasn't the same for the rest of the game. It was boring, repetitive, and I felt no sense of motion or progression; in Enemy Unknown, the R&D departments kept your weapons and armour top of the line, enough to fight off technologically advanced invaders. The Bureau had nothing of that feeling whatsoever.

Mirror's Edge. As much as everybody loves this game, I can't say the same. I got it as part of a Humble Bundle deal months ago, and honestly; it's very pretty, but the gameplay is the polar opposite to me. The free-running can be smooth at times, but most of the time I found it fiddly, irritating and generally not enjoyable. The combat didn't make up for it either; it wasn't fun, it wasn't anything other than mind-numbingly annoying.

Dead Island. I was one of the many that saw the trailer and thought "I must have this game", and I was one of the droves that thought the game was a pile of toss. Admittedly, it's fairly fun for the first few minutes. But once you realise that it's not going to change from that for the rest of the game, you get bored very quickly. Not to mention that the majority of the quests in the game are generic "go here, get this, bring it back" quests. Skyrim might well have had a lot of those, but it balanced them out with a lot of interesting quests such as the Dark Brotherhood storyline; Dead Island does not.

And (fanfare please) now for my vote for the worst game of all time.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. I'll admit; as much as I knew CoD was the same, year in year out, I enjoyed Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2. All Ghillied Up (the mission in MW1 where you sneak through Pripyat and watch an army roll right past you) in particular was a fantastic mission; different from the usual CoD "shoot, shoot and more shoot", more restrained and subtle. The trailer for Modern Warfare 3 looked the usual, but still entertaining; fighting through the London Underground, the streets of New York, everywhere; seemed like fun. Not so. In reality, every single mission was the same with a different skin over the top. The ending; lets not forget, the ending to the series we're talking about here; was just atrocious. People say Mass Effect 3's ending fails to wrap things up; I say Modern Warfare 3's ending puts it to shame. In case you forget, or just didn't play it; <spoiler warning, if you care> you, playing as Price, put on what is basically a suit of armour, and do even more shooting than is usual in a CoD game. Your one remaining teammate dies along the way, and you finally manage to take down Makarov, the man you've been hunting since "No Russian" in MW2. And there's no epic boss battle here, no; just a cutscene lasting thirty seconds showing Price killing Makarov without even any last words, then Price smoking a cigar. Aaaand, roll credits! Seriously, nothing about that is good. No resolution, no explanation, nothing. This was the game that made me stop playing the general military FPS game; I still play Left 4 Dead, Borderlands and Bioshock, simply because they're unique; Bioshock in particular is more complex than some RPGs I've played. To me, Call of Duty sums up everything wrong with the world; small, arrogant kids playing games designed for adults, shouting obscenities down a microphone to another arrogant kid about how their mother gave them a blowjob last night. The first Black Ops made it up to me by having a relatively decent single-player experience. Modern Warfare 3 cannot do that.

And there's my speech on the matter :p

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
I must admit my hatred of the Modern & black ops divisions of COD. My only fond memory of the series was a private lobby in BOP's 2 playing "Ballistic Ninja" (All spawn with Ballastic knife only, carnage ensues) & even then there was no way of saving the gametype (unless I missed something).

Any game which has a 3 letter abbreviation which begins with C and ends in D with the middle letter being a letter in this word "ow" which isn't the "w". :D I hate CoD... Can't even hear the in-game music over the shouting of people who think VOIP is the next best thing since sliced bread.

Brofski

Not defending COD as the last few have become awful. In fact it never crosses my mind to buy a new one now. But if you buy it expecting a good single player game, you're being silly. It's purely meant as multiplayer. The single player is a little side on. Only time I ever played that was when the servers were down. Modern Wrafe, World At War, Modern Warfare 2, Black Ops and Modern Warfare 3.... played those so much online. I got really really good at COD. It's easy to like a game you beat everyone else at. But then just go bored of it. Haven't bought one since.

Worst game ever... Well maybe not worst, but Dead Island was so dissapointing. I was really looking forward to it. Then I was bored in about 2 hours. Boring missions, horrible voice acting, annoying weapons that broke after killing 3 zombies. Turned it off an never played it again.

Rhew

The missing snow elf
For me it's probably the gta line. I just find it really boring. I also don't like the uncharted games. I hate that you have to stop every few minutes to shoot 100 random bad guys. It takes all the immersion and fun out of the game. I like the stories of the games and I love action/adventure style games. But the pauses in the game when it turns into a shooter game kills me. I've only finished one of the uncharted games and that's only because it came with my ps vita and I had to put it on easy so the shooting parts didn't annoy me too much for me to stop playing.

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
The only GTA I remember playing (just to clarify, I played others but can't remember them much) is GTA V, and it was a lot of fun. Wasn't particularly deep as a story, but a lot of fun. On the other side, one of my favourite games of all time is Mass Effect 3, which is a good mix of fun and fantastic story-writing (if you forget the ending, the rest of the game was excellently written, especially Tuchanka and Rannoch, and Leaving Earth is one of the most tearjerking moments of the past ten years. It really depends on my mood at the time which I prefer; I enjoy both serious, committed games, and also fun, silly games. I just don't like games that either try to be silly and fail, or try to be serious and end up being completely terrible/ridiculous, ie CoD.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
San Andreas was my plops. GTA isn't about the story, its fluffin ridiculous really, its about the characters.

Stalker

Zelda 2

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
Series-wise: GTA, Halo, and Call of Duty. All three are boring, repetitive, and tedious for me to play overall.
Individually: Game of Thrones (clumsy, slow-paced combat and numerous bugs, as well as severe frame rate drops; I sincerely hope that the upcoming Telltale story-driven version will be better), Thief (like Dishonored, but terrible; Dishonored was a fantastic game), Duke Nukem: Forever (need I say any more?), and a few others.

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
Totally agree that Thief is whack, compared to Dishonoured its a shambles.

I see a lot of CoD hate, good. Bound by Flame more like Bound by Lame, Arcania Gothik was frigging terrible.

One of the games I hated was Nier, there was this really boring hack slash boss fight that just went on waay too long.

Farcry 2.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
Spartacus Legends. It was a free download on xbl for a while so I gave it a shot. I played that game for about two hours and deleted it. It holds the record for "shortest amount of time played" out of every game that ever wasted my life.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts