• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Who is the worst Jarl?

• Jarl Balgruuf (Whiterun)

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Jarl Idgrod (Morthal)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jarl Igmund (Markarth)

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Jarl Korir (Winterhold)

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Jarl Laila Law-Giver (Riften)

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Jarl Siddgeir (Falkreath)

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Jarl Skald the Elder (Dawnstar)

Votes: 10 24.4%

• Total voters

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
He liked his personality and interaction, but not his actions.

His actions are part of his personality. Igmund is like Siddgeir but worst. He allowed the deaths of many just so that he can drive the forsworn out of the city , and for him regain order. If Ulfric did murdered innocent people, why didn't he arrested Ulfric for the murders instead of being arrested under Thalmor pressure?

Igmund has a plopsty personality if anything. Also I'm sure he broke imperial law when promised free worship of Talos to Ulfric and his nord army with an exchange of retaking back the reach. To this day I still wonder why the empire still allowed this douche to be Jarl of Markarth.

J

Jeremius

Ingmund, Laila, and Siddgeir are all the worst. The first two are the worst because they do not reaally run their cities, the third is a joke of a Jarl.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
His actions are part of his personality. Igmund is like Siddgeir but worst. He allowed the deaths of many just so that he can drive the forsworn out of the city , and for him regain order. If Ulfric did murdered innocent people, why didn't he arrested Ulfric for the murders instead of being arrested under Thalmor pressure?

Igmund has a plopsty personality if anything. Also I'm sure he broke imperial law when promised free worship of Talos to Ulfric and his nord army with an exchange of retaking back the reach. To this day I still wonder why the empire still allowed this douche to be Jarl of Markarth.

SIlver-Blood is worse, reason: Forsworn conspiracy.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Why in the heck isn't Ulfric up there?

Specifically to avoid turning it to a Stormcloak/Imperial debate :)

(For the same reason, the replacement jarls aren't up there. We're comparing Igmund/Laila to the other original jarls, not to Thongvor Silver-Blood/Maven Black-Briar :) )

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Understandable..... woah! Maven became a Jarl?

Yep. Put Riften under Imperial control, whether by conquest or treaty, and see what happens.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
I'll keep that in mind... I liked Maven...

I'm surprised that Bulgruuf hasn't gotten any votes yet.
For worst Jarl? He tends to be pretty well liked. I think he's a bit overrated myself, but probably the best of the original Jarls.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Compare Forsworn conspiracy to Bear of Markarth and Markarth incident :)

Yep, they're both really really bad, I just hate Silver Blood more because he's rude on top of being a bad person. This thread has helped me realize that I've never entered the house of Falkreath's Jarl =P

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
Apart from Balgruuf and Idgrod they're all pretty bad.

On the surface Igmund doesn't seem bad, but if you find out about what actually happened during the Markarth incident he has the most blood on his hands (apart from Ulfric, who I would've voted for if I could). Igmund & Ulfric basically turned the reasonable natives of the reach into terrorists and savages.

Of course Siddgier is a close second, that much is obvious. Skald is also a terrible leader and has delerious views about the civil war, and Laila is Captain Oblivious. Korir is also not very good, as his hold would be better if he actually tried to get along with the college.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Igmund & Ulfric basically turned the reasonable natives of the reach into terrorists and savages.

Of course Siddgier is a close second, that much is obvious. Skald is also a terrible leader and has delerious views about the civil war, and Laila is Captain Oblivious. Korir is also not very good, as his hold would be better if he actually tried to get along with the college.

I agree with this, all of this. Skyrim honestly has the worst leaders imaginable. I suppose what's-her-face in Solitude is ok, you know, except for executing that guy who didn't even preform a capital offense. I really wish that Jarls weren't essential. I like the housecarls of Balgruff and Igmund though, they're good if strict.

Squirrel_killer-

I agree with this, all of this. Skyrim honestly has the worst leaders imaginable. I suppose what's-her-face in Solitude is ok, you know, except for executing that guy who didn't even preform a capital offense. I really wish that Jarls weren't essential. I like the housecarls of Balgruff and Igmund though, they're good if strict.
Elisif is just as bad, she doesn't think for herself and leaves it to her advisers completely.
She also has a Vampire as a Court Wizard, not exactly safe for the people of Solitude, however Sybille Stentor never seemed to show any ill intention to the people of Solitude, so I guess she's not too bad.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Elisif is just as bad, she doesn't think for herself and leaves it to her advisers completely.
She also has a Vampire as a Court Wizard, not exactly safe for the people of Solitude, however Sybille Stentor never seemed to show any ill intention to the people of Solitude, so I guess she's not too bad.

hehe, yeah,
with Dawnguard the whole bitty bitty advisor thing was fairly apparent, what with the red eyes and all. It's implied that she tortures and feeds on the prisoners.

Squirrel_killer-

hehe, yeah,
with Dawnguard the whole bitty bitty advisor thing was fairly apparent, what with the red eyes and all. It's implied that she tortures and feeds on the prisoners.
I don't actually have DG as I'm on PS3,
but ya I'm pretty sure that would make it stand out. At least she's not after innocents.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts