World Mag Skyrim Article

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Tri-edge

yer Perks will be a big part in leveling up on skyrim and i think thats pretty good. we now have something more to look foreword to when leveling up

N3w_2_$kyr1min

Can't wait for Skyrim
Perks were great in fallout, they made it a lot more fun to level up, so I'm glad they've added it to skyrim.. I wonder what sort of perks we'll have. :D And btw, would just like to say holy plops that dragon in one of the pics on the article looks so cool.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Indeed. By the way, I’m curious what exactly the character creation is gonna be like. I know that Todd said something along the lines of “less options, better looking results” but I still hope that we have a similar level of control over this process as we did in previous Bethesda titles.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Indeed. By the way, I’m curious what exactly the character creation is gonna be like. I know that Todd said something along the lines of “less options, better looking results” but I still hope that we have a similar level of control over this process as we did in previous Bethesda titles.
hm... I believe there's option for tattoos, scars and BEARDS!!! I don't consider that as less option :] I'm guessing that he meant you can't stretch your character's facial feature until it looks completely ridiculously ugly.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Well, that is what I am not sure about. Can we still fine-tune their faces? Or do we have to choose from a preset amount of forms?

Tri-edge

yer they havent really gotten into that in all the things iv seen But Elder scrolls is about becoming who you want to be and not restriction what you want to look like has also made it what it is today so im guess you will be able to.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
So, I went back to rewatch the interview in question and it’s still pretty ambiguous in how it will work exactly:

“On one hand you have less control than you had in Oblivion but what you’re doing looks cool. [...] We’ve redone this completely. [...] Something simple like a nose ... when you go to make your nose we have a lot of pre-built shapes you can pick from and then you can adjust the size and position of that as opposed to lots of fiddly sliders, um, and just lets us sort of handcraft a lot of options that you can mess with that, you know, if you just start messing around you’re not gonna end up with something that looks bad.”

It does seem though that we have at least some manual adjustments (size, position) left.

Jeruhmi

So, I went back to rewatch the interview in question and it’s still pretty ambiguous in how it will work exactly:

“On one hand you have less control than you had in Oblivion but what you’re doing looks cool. [...] We’ve redone this completely. [...] Something simple like a nose ... when you go to make your nose we have a lot of pre-built shapes you can pick from and then you can adjust the size and position of that as opposed to lots of fiddly sliders, um, and just lets us sort of handcraft a lot of options that you can mess with that, you know, if you just start messing around you’re not gonna end up with something that looks bad.”

It does seem though that we have at least some manual adjustments (size, position) left.
Now that you have added that quote, I have actually become more excited for Skyrim. For some reason in-game looks matter to me a lot, especially when they're unchangeable. Having pre-set face parts is great, as the developers hopefully made them look nice and realistic :)

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
As long as they retain a large enough diversity I’ll be fine with it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts