Word of Power HELP

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
What's the last entry you have in your journal for the "Blade in the Dark" quest?

Wow, ok. I have no idea what could be wrong then. It seems like you did everything you need to. Maybe if you read through the walkthroughs of the main quest-line up until the point you are at, you can find something we missed or maybe there are bugs listed on there I didn't find. Here is the page for the main quest line on the wiki: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Quest_(Skyrim) (Don't read too far, or you are gonna find spoilers lol) This is my last resort. How terrible of an idea does restarting with a new character sound? :oops:

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Wow, ok. I have no idea what could be wrong then. It seems like you did everything you need to. Maybe if you read through the walkthroughs of the main quest-line up until the point you are at, you can find something we missed or maybe there are bugs listed on there I didn't find. Here is the page for the main quest line on the wiki: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Quest_(Skyrim) (Don't read too far, or you are gonna find spoilers lol) This is my last resort. How terrible of an idea does restarting with a new character sound? :oops:

I know you've been following this thread so I wanted to alert you to the UESP site as well. I like it a lot better than the Elderscrolls site. Here's an example:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:A_Blade_in_the_Dark

Since the member with the issue is on Xbox, we can't do the console commands, but I think you'll appreciate the cleanliness of this site as well as the notes, bugs and mini-walkthrough (non-spoiler) list at the top.

I know you've been following this thread so I wanted to alert you to the UESP site as well. I like it a lot better than the Elderscrolls site. Here's an example:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:A_Blade_in_the_Dark

Since the member with the issue is on Xbox, we can't do the console commands, but I think you'll appreciate the cleanliness of this site as well as the notes, bugs and mini-walkthrough (non-spoiler) list at the top.
Thanks! Also, I take back what I said before. We will not give up until this is figured out! Haha! Sometimes my confidence worries me! o_O Now on topic, I can't even remember when Delphine gives you the horn, if it is right away when you go to see her, or after you kill the dragon at Kynesgrove or after Diplomatic Immunity. But I am still thinking there is a possibility that she hasn't given you the horn and for some reason the game started that interaction with the greybeards without it? Is that possible? Must. Research.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
The journal entry question coincides with the list at the very bottom of the quest page. That's what I use to figure out exactly and precisely which step someone is at and in which quest could be the problem. Once we get a reply, I'll want the journal quote for the active portion of the Horn quest too. I am going to be driving to school soon so I won't be able to continue to reply so maybe this will help you :)

I wish I wasn't at work right now, becuase I would hop on Skyrim and start a new character to play up to this point and see if I can find anything that could go wrong under these conditions lol

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
Thanks! Also, I take back what I said before. We will not give up until this is figured out! Haha! Sometimes my confidence worries me! o_O Now on topic, I can't even remember when Delphine gives you the horn, if it is right away when you go to see her, or after you kill the dragon at Kynesgrove or after Diplomatic Immunity. But I am still thinking there is a possibility that she hasn't given you the horn and for some reason the game started that interaction with the greybeards without it? Is that possible? Must. Research.

She gives you the horn when she follows you into the "attic" room.

She gives you the horn when she follows you into the "attic" room.
Yeah, then it's probably not really likely that he hasn't gotten the horn yet... This has me stumped haha. At least it's giving me something to do (other than work) while I'm at work :rolleyes:

Rayven i completed the blade in the dark and the last thing it says is talk to delphine
Ok, so you killed the dragon at Kynesgrove right? But then you didn't talk to Delphine after you killed it?

GJB2121

Yes, i did everything leading up to it. They were gonna teach me the power thats why they are all gathered around..Just for some reason i cannot read/absorb it..somethings wrong

Agent C

Dovahkiin
After reading all of the post made here in this thread, I recommend to start a new character. I'm stumped too. I have never read any bugs that are like this...sorry...

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Make sure you get the 1.5 patch when it becomes available for your platform too.

Make sure you get the 1.5 patch when it becomes available for your platform too.
Cant wait for archery kill cams! :rolleyes:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts