1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Word of Power HELP

Discussion in 'Skyrim Help' started by GJB2121, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Solitude I Need to get Online More! :(

Message Count:
    tell me if it works :)
  2. Rayven Global Moderator

Message Count:
    I still think you need to make sure you're going to Wulfgar and not Argneir... you seem to be referring to them interchangeably and they're not the same individual.
  3. GJB2121 New Member

Message Count:
    Well, they are all three standing around the lettering, i go to all of them and argneir keep saying" first wulfgar will teach you the word of power" then i turn around and talk to wulfgar (who is standing over the glowing lettering) and he just waves his hands over it and bows..and nothing happens
  4. GJB2121 New Member

Message Count:
    "I have a similar problem but all of the Greybeard are collected in the circle and the words are already on the ground. I've stood here for 20 minutes now,and it seems that I still can't learn it. Angier has already said "But first, you must learn the final word of Unrelenting Force" or something to that affect. None of that is working. What's a guy gotta do?"-Tallia_32

He wrote samething on these forums awhile back, he may of explained it better
  5. Reiji Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um

Message Count:
    Hmm, try loading back to a previous save is what I'm thinking...
  6. Solitude I Need to get Online More! :(

Message Count:
    just slaughter them... then slaughter the dragon at the top, forgot his name..
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Solitude I Need to get Online More! :(

Message Count:
    well really you cant slaughter them, they dont die :sadface:
  8. MushroomGenius Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki

Message Count:
    Is there something else that's preventing you from properly interacting with them?

Bounty?

Vampirism?

Ebony Mail?
  9. GJB2121 New Member

Message Count:
    i dont believe so because, Alfgar tells me that wulfgar is about to show me the word of power and then wulfgar just stands there...If i have a bounty in any city, does that mean they wont do it for me? Because i may have..I really just dont know..
  10. MushroomGenius Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki

Message Count:
    It's worth checking into if you have the time. I don't think it would affect it, but at this point, you've seemed to have exhausted everything else.

What about Vampirism or the Ebony Mail?
  11. GJB2121 New Member

Message Count:
    But there is one thing that didnt make sense is, under the quests it said retrive the horn and it has an X next to it..But when i went to wulfgar it said i gave it to him and he walked me over to teach me the word..Not sure if that has something to do with it..
  12. GJB2121 New Member

Message Count:
    No vampirism and im not familiar with ebony mail
  13. MushroomGenius Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki

Message Count:
    If you pickpocket Arngier, do you see the horn in his inventory? Remember, Arngier, not Wulfgar. If he does, see if you can pickpocket it and give it back to him. Or take it, leave, come back and see if the quest restarts.

All my previous playthroughs, I never bothered to re-check the possessions of the Greybeards, so no idea if the item disappears or not from their inventory.

Well Vampirism or Sanguinare Vampiris, depending on what stage you're on does have a negative reaction to others you interact with. Double check your active effects to be sure. I don't know with 100% certainty whether or not the Greybeards would attack you on sight when you're suffering from Stage IV Vampirism, most other NPCs will.

The Ebony Mail has an AOE effect when equipped that inflicts poison damage to those around you.

... Leaving work for the day, hopefully you get this sorted out soon. I'll check back later this evening.
  14. GJB2121 New Member

Message Count:
    I pick pocketed them, none of them have it...But it did say that they recieved it when i first went there..I dont have vampirism..I have been trying to figure this out for hours..I dont know what to do..I really appreciate the help though man, any ideas are awesome..im gonna keep tryin
  15. The_Deadliest_Troll Melon Lord

Message Count:
    Ok, if there is an "X" next to the "Retrieve Horn" or whatever part in your quest jounral, then I may have an idea. After you "got" the Horn did you go talk to Delphine in Riverwood?
  16. GJB2121 New Member

Message Count:
    Yes, i met her in riverwood
  17. The_Deadliest_Troll Melon Lord

Message Count:
    Ah ok nevermind then. So you did the quest at the Thalmor Embassy and everything right? I thought maybe the X next to that meant that you didn't get the horn from Delphine, but I guess I was wrong haha.
  18. GJB2121 New Member

Message Count:
    Well i dont think she gave it to me, but i got it somehow because it said "horn removed" when i went to wulfgar and thats why he said he was gonna teach me the power
  19. The_Deadliest_Troll Melon Lord

Message Count:
    That's wierd. Ok lets walk through the steps here, because now I am so determined figure this out. In Jorgen Windcaller's tomb, you don't actually get the horn (This is the reason that the game puts an X next to that part of the quest in your journal). There is a note from a mysterious person in its place telling you to rent the attic room in Riverwood. Did you go to The Sleeping Giant in Riverwood and "Rent the Attic Room?"
  20. GJB2121 New Member

Message Count:
    Yes i did and delphine met me in the morning