1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Quest (with Spoilers) Stones of Barenziah

Discussion in 'Skyrim Guides and Tutorials' started by Shew, Dec 8, 2011.

1. renswic

renswic Member

Gratz! I had to stop after 4 tries. My almost 4 week old likes the TV on when she is done feeding and wanting a nap. I'll try again later.
  2. renswic

renswic Member

I made it up woot!!! Time to strip that house of every thing of value for locking me out :p
    • Like Like x 1
  3. renswic

renswic Member

And it is done!!! Cleaned out the 2 places I could get to, killing everything that moved. Got the crown as well. Fun quest if you don't miss that one stone, reward kinda sucked though.

Purpleshew, thanks for the guide!
  4. Shew

Shew Account closed (at sincere request).

Congrat's and glad the guide helped!
  5. Meta03

Meta03 New Member

I have the restored Crown of Barenziah in the cistern, and it gives me an option to activate it, but when I press it, nothing happens. Any ideas why?
  6. Shew

Once you've found all 24 Stones of Barenziah, Vex from the Thieves Guild will ask you to recover the Crown of Barenziah from Tovald's Cave. According to the Vex, once you recover the crown, which is a paragon for the Thieves Guild, she'll be able to restore it to its full strength and reward you with the Prowler's Profit. Which is a perk that allows your character to find 2x as many gems in treasure and found loot
  7. Meta03

Meta03 New Member

I do not understand how this answers my question...
  8. Shew

because its explains that nothing happens with the crown you can activate all the honor items the found ones you can take back, but this as good as any place to display them, the stolen ones won't move, but they do nothing... what you get from restoring the crown is the perk and the crown on display does that explain better
  9. Obscure.Ref.Girl

Obscure.Ref.Girl Carpe' Jugular

Great you probably kept me from getting that stacking glitch Dad
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Shew

So glad to help now go to sleep so you can work tomorrow, when are you off from work I'll call you?
  11. Obscure.Ref.Girl

i'll pm you when I am home, sorry for stealing some of your sig.
  12. Shew

Tell you what I'll make you one and send it to you
  13. PwnCakes

PwnCakes New Member

dude this is offically the only guide i've ever wanted to find for skyrim,

you're a boss.
  14. Obscure.Ref.Girl

Ok Daft Punk too cool didn't think you remembered, Thanks
  15. Shew

No problem your welcome, and you too son why wouldn't I their my fav too
  16. Ken the Redguard

Ken the Redguard im Redguard and proud....XD

holy crap. i probably would have never found them on my own. i found like eight and thats it. thanks a bunch
  17. Shew

lol you probably should edit out the quote...
  18. DirtySki

DirtySki Premium Member

I'm hearing of a bug where if you start the quest, The Man Who Cried Wolf, at level 81, you will not be able to complete the questline which means you won't be able to buy Proudspire Manor. It has to do with a level up being a trigger for the courier to deliver the letter from Falk Firebeard. I cleared wolfskull cave around 2 days ago & still havent received the letter tho ive got 4 visits from the courier regarding the places of power letters from a friend.
    The workaround is to pickpocket the Solitude Fletcher key from the guy who runs the fletcher in Solitude. That key will open the backdoor, the one w/the porch that faces northeast, & grant you access into the master bedroom to get the stone. I confirmed this on ps3.

EDIT: I need to clarify what I posted here because I discovered something different. You can still become thane of Solitude & buy Proudspire Manor, even if you start & complete MWCW @ level 81. You will not be able to acquire the Shield of Solitude, unfortunetly, but that seems to be the only repercussion.
    It appears that 2 quests are triggers to become thane of Solitude; the Man Who Cried Wolf & Elisif's Tribute (the one where you take torygg's war horn to the Talos shrine) but not the Wolf Queen Awakened. Once you have completed MWCW, even tho you may not have received a letter from Falk, go back to visit Elisif. She'll auto-dialogue about how Falk's been talkin you up & she wants a favor. She'll ask you to place Torygg's war horn at a Talos shrine northeast of White Run, near Shimmermist Cave. (I cant be certain if there is a trigger to initiate her dialogue but I'm thinking not.) Once you complete this quest, she'll go thru the usual requirements of becoming thane; i.e. X amount of favors for the townspeople, landowner & of course, once those are fulfilled, you're all set. Sorry if my op caused confusion or unnecessary headaches.
  19. Shew

Thanks for the extra effort to help with the glitch I wasn't even aware of this one
  20. DirtySki

DirtySki Premium Member

No problem, hope it helps. :)