Witcher 3's Game Director Answers Expansion Questions

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Peter Paltridge

Administrator
Konrad Tomaszkiewicz, director of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and its upcoming expansions, sat down with Gamespot to answer a few questions about Hearts of Stone, the first expansion due to release next month. Here are the most relevant bits of information from that interview, which can be read in full here.

It isn't necessary to play through the entire game, but you'll want to have played through at least some of it first: "The story told in Hearts of Stone is pretty much standalone from the events that took place in Wild Hunt, so even players who have not finished the game can play...However, we do recommend to level up a bit before you embark on this adventure. A level 1 Geralt doesn't have the necessary tools to combat what's ahead. I think 30+ is roughly what will give you the best experience, but lower level players can try to test their skill as well."

No hints about the story: "This time around Geralt gets mixed into dealing with a man who's...immortal. And ruthless. But, and this somewhat became The Witcher's calling card, things are not what they seem, and players will once again have to make some serious decisions and see the consequences play out."

Someone familiar may be coming back: "With HoS, we introduce a few new really powerful characters, but long-time fans should definitely be happy with one character in particular. I won't give you a more direct answer not to spoil the fun; gamers will have to see for themselves."

Tomaszkiewicz also revealed a physical version of the Hearts of Stone expansion will be released in limited quantities, and will come with a real-world version of the Gwent card game that can be played in Witcher 3's world, albeit stripped down. "We strongly believe that RPG fans are collectors. Hearts of Stone is an old-school expansion and I think people will be happy to get a special, limited one time only boxed release. Also this was a cool way to do physical Gwent that is still a part of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt."
View the Post on the Blog

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts