• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Peter Paltridge

Administrator
Today is the day The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is released both in digital form and inside brick-and-mortars across America, and its reception so far is a lot grander than what the previous two Witchers received.

Kimberley Wallace of Game Informer gave it a 9.75 out of 10 and said: "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt encompasses what I hope is the future of RPGs. It stands out for its wonderful writing, variety of quests and things to do in the world, and how your choices have impact in interesting ways. Usually something is sacrificed when creating a world this ambitious, but everything felt right on cue. I still think about some of my choices and how intriguing they turned out--for better or worse."

GameTrailers awarded it a 98 out of 100, saying: "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is a thoughtful, diverse, and frequently awe-inspiring adventure. Its stories are deep and satisfying, unafraid to touch on themes of personal character, presenting players with choices and consequences that aren’t about turning into a hero or a villain. In the end, it’s quite simply one of the best RPGs ever made."

GameSpot threw down a full 10 out of 10 and added: "Where The Witcher 2 sputtered to a halt, The Witcher 3 is always in a crescendo, crafting battle scenarios that constantly one-up the last, until you reach the explosive finale and recover in the glow of the game's quiet denouement. But while the grand clashes are captivating, it is the moments between conflicts, when you drink with the local clans and bask in a trobairitz's song, that are truly inspiring."

The Witcher 3 has a gleaming Metacritic score of 92 and a slightly lower but still nice user score of 89.

Developers Projekt Red are not only thankful, they're generous. Purchasers of the physical Witcher 3 are finding a personal note inside each game from Projekt Red thanking them for their support -- and offering them 16 free DLCs.

Witcher 3 is out now for Playstation 4, XBox One, PC and Mac.
View the Post on the Blog

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts