[WIP] Skyrim Publishing Inc.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Woverdude

Sir Emperor Lord Pookie of the Swamp
Skyrim Publishing Inc.

Howdy,

I've been involved in writing and publishing for a long time. I've worked in a number of critique groups, have worked as an editor and researcher at publishers, and have had my own work published. Now I want to bring that experience into the land of Skyrim by producing a fan-made magazine written for, and published in Skyrim. Calling all Skyrim fanfic writers, Skyrim Publishing Inc. is now open for submissions.

The idea:

+ Published IN Skyrim

Rather than buying a paper magazine, or reading the stories online, players will be able to read the magazine IN SKYRIM, where it will be published. Players will be able to buy them at bookstores (including a special shop), find them in dungeons, and and read them wherever they want. You could even dedicate a bookshelf in your home to the magazine.

+ Looking for good Elder Scrolls fanfic

It doesn't have to be about Skyrim, but it does have to be about something or someone in the Elder Scrolls lore-world. I would prefer that it not be a story about Dovahkin, simply because it doesn't make a lot of sense for a player to be reading about what their character did... but didn't... do. Plus, for those that haven't finished the storylines, you could be spoiling the tale. It also needs to be quality fanfiction. You can submit your work to me at shawntheditor@gmail.com . If I think your story is good enough, then I'll publish it in the mod. If I think it's good, but needs some work, I'll send it back to you with some suggestions. If I really don't like it, I won't take it. I'll be running this thing as a real publication.

+ The length

All stories must be short-stories. By "short-stories" I'm using the classical definition, which means between 1k and 20k words. If you want to submit an entire novel, I'd honestly suggest that you submit it somewhere else so that you can earn some money for your hard work. :-)

+ Series

What I would love to see are some series. Series are even better than standalone short stories, because players can anticipate the next mod update just because they know that their favorite series will appear in the game. Plus, it could add some fun treasure-hunting if the player wants to collect every version.

+ Editions

Rather than publishing the magazine online, each update on Steam Workshop and the Nexus will contain the next edition of the magazine. I hope to have at least 10 new stories for each edition. Players will be able to either find and buy the stories by themselves like you would any other book in Skyrim, or buy the whole issue in bulk from a special bookstore.

Submitting your work:

If you would like to submit a piece of work to Skyrim Publishing Inc., e-mail me at shawntheditor@gmail.com. Please include your return e-mail address, the name you prefer your work to be credited to, the word count, and the story itself. If I want to publish it, then I will e-mail you back with an acceptance letter and your work will be included in the next update.

How to help:

If you would like to help out, but are not a fiction writer, then there are a number of ways that you can help.

* First, Skyrim Publishing Inc. is going to need a shop. Which means a level will need to be built and added to the game.
* Second, you could create a website for Skyrim Publishers Inc. It can be a blog, or a full-blown website; just something that people can go to to learn about the project and get involved.
* Third, you could create unique book covers for each publication. This would add a neat touch to the mod, giving it some personality.
* Fourth, you could volunteer for some voice recording. A unique character is going to be added to the game that will need his own voice. MUST BE MALE and have an EASLIY UNDERSTOOD accent.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts