• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

El Fonz0

While messing around with the Skyrim NPC Editor, under Brunwulf's relationships, it says that he's a friend of someone named Huki Seven-Swords. Since she didn't sound familiar, I looked her up on the UESP. It had no information, so I looked up Huki's relationships in the Editor, and found two other characters. Benkum and Brond; Benkum being Huki's employee. While looking at Brond, who is a drunk voiced Nord, I found two more people. Edorfin, a haughty sound Wood Elf, and Liesl, a female Nord. Benkum sounded like Belethor. I noticed under Brond and Liesl's AI packs, it says to stay in the "Bloodworks"

One thing I noticed in common with these people is they are all members of a "Windhelm Pit" faction. So, I started up Skyrim, and spawned these NPCs, and was surprised to find that they had rather unique dialogue. For some reason, Huki would take off to Windhelm, same with Benkum. So, I followed them, and Huki went all the way to the prison in Windhelm, while Benkum kinda just stopped in Windhelm. Through exploring the console, by typing things such as "pit" and "arena", the amount of hidden information took me by surprise.

For starters, there is a WindhelmPitExterior cell, which if you use the coc command, you teleport into a space in the walls where the prison would be. I found dialogue options that referenced talking to Huki in the prison, suggesting whatever the "Pit" is, you would start in the Windhelm prison. I also found Pit fans, three different Wagers; a Large(1000), a Medium(500), and a Small(100, I think), and different "quests" that involved fighting different animals.
While looking up the Windhelm Pit faction on the UESP, it shows that there are ranks in the faction, such as Pit Meat, Goon, Ruffian, Thrasher, and Pit Lord, it that order.

So, by the looks of things, Bethesda was going to have an Arena stationed in Windhelm, under the name of the Pit, and had created many of the things related to it, but never finished it.
This video is relevant:

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Interesting, it would've been cool to have, but not in place of the existing warrior guild. Oblivion's Arena was way too bland.

El Fonz0

Interesting, it would've been cool to have, but not in place of the existing warrior guild. Oblivion's Fighter's guild was way too bland.
I'm pretty sure you know this, but in Oblivion, there was an Arena.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
I'm pretty sure you know this, but in Oblivion, there was an Arena.

That's what I meant by "fighter's guild", it was painfully one tone, no interesting story really, even the final opponent was just depressing and anticlimactic. Edit: I was confused, I played Oblivion so long ago that I was thinking that the Fighter's Guild and Arena were one and the same, my bad. If the suspicions posted here: Hearthfire: A Reasonable Speculation : V - Skyrim are true then this arena could very possibly make an appearance. I'd love to knock some sense into that essential stone fist guy as the champion of the Dark elves.

ambiiientz

I hope "Arena/Pit" makes its way into some DLC... I miss being heralded the Arena Champion in Oblivion

J

Jeremius

What? Is this just what it looks like? Or is it an attempt to call the Nords Civilized barbarians?

El Fonz0

What? Is this just what it looks like? Or is it an attempt to call the Nords Civilized barbarians?
When did I ever say that? I was just stating some information I found in the game.

El Fonz0

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
This seems really cool and I would guess that the reason it wasn't taken out of the game completely was because Bethesda had thoughts about using it as a basis for an addition for a new DLC.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
You do know that was making a joke, right?
It's hard to tell what's a joke on the internet these days.
Jokes usually include comedy.

You three are telling me that :) I made a quick observation to which I've added some humor (Dark humor that is) to my post, and some idiot gave me an off topic pin without explaining his his reasons.

Anyhow the arena could very well be the execution area to which the prisoners are sentenced to death by wolves or some creature that they snag up from the wilderness. It gave me that gladiator type feeling when I saw the video.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
A post from another thread:

There are a lot of things that were developed but unfinished left in the game. There are many characters who don't really exist in game that happen to be programmed to some degree already. Many characters would've been repurposed multiple times or cut completely from the game as ideas were changed or scrapped due to multiple reasons, sometimes remnants of this exist in the programming, but do not truly exist in game or have any hold on anything since they were removed from the game. The Windhelm Pit is likely one of such things, it however was rather deeply developed but was likely removed due to time restraints or a last minute change of plans, maybe even reserved for a DLC.

Squirrel_killer-

I make my jokes serious so no one recognizes that they are....
Doing that and making posts like:
You do know that was making a joke, right?
Makes you look like an idiot because you are criticizing us for not getting your joke when you purposely preformed actions so we wouldn't realize it's a joke. In fact I fail to have found one of your jokes funny, and I have a sense a humor.

And for future reference:
Jokes usually ALWAYS include comedy.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
And for future reference: Jokes usually ALWAYS include comedy.

I was using the comedic device of understatement *lofty chortle* (ah, ho ho haaaaaaa). Anyway, back to the topic (sorry OP ;)) the arena would be fun, but they'd have to give the opponents unique abilities to make for fun boss fights (like the Gauldur brothers, except with less teleportation and cloning (that got REAL annoying)).

Squirrel_killer-

I was using the comedic device of understatement *lofty chortle* (ah, ho ho haaaaaaa). Anyway, back to the topic (sorry OP ;)) the arena would be fun, but they'd have to give the opponents unique abilities to make for fun boss fights (like the Gauldur brothers, except with less teleportation and cloning (that got REAL annoying)).
I just used a Shadow Warrior Strike on them and got my 30x multiplier. Hitting about 390 damage is more than enough to kill the enemy in a few hits at most. I don't give them time to use their tricks.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
Maybe they could make it, so if you went to jail in Windhelm, you would then be sentenced to the arena with the bare minimum of equipment and if you manage to win, then you are released.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts